Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » What would win???

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Rattlehead
Regular

May 2002
What would win??? Mon, 03 June 2002 01:52 Go to next message
A Z31 300zx with non turbo 3litre auto OR a MK3 Supra with a 7MGE auto?

ZX with airfilter pod for a mod and Supra with airfilter and high flow cat back exhaust system???

I wanna race this guy who's a real hero when it comes to showing off his CRAPX coz he reckons his car is the fastest...so I gotta be completely sure my car will beat it before I go race him.
  Send a private message to this user    
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: What would win??? Mon, 03 June 2002 02:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ummm, they should be pretty even. Give it a go anyway, I always drag knowing I'm gonna get whooped, but I always give it heaps Smile

Alternatively, get a CT26 and 7MGTE exhaust manifold, and hide it under one of those fandangled engine covers Smile
rvrolla
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: What would win??? Mon, 03 June 2002 04:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Supra is a little heavier 150-200kg's but has a little more power and torque to make up for it.

It all comes down to the driver.
Rattlehead
Regular

May 2002
Re: What would win??? Mon, 03 June 2002 06:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oh no, I don't wanna lose to his car Surprised(

Oh well, Supra is a sexier car...I just hate when he goes thinking he can beat 5litres and 5.8litres and Porsche's and s2000's and stuff. So I wanna run him and put him in his place.

Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: What would win??? Mon, 03 June 2002 08:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ya can kill non turbo stock 300zx's EASY my ma45 could Razz

Allan
rvrolla
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: What would win??? Mon, 03 June 2002 09:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just go for it mate!! Give it a shot anyway!
Who cares, if you beat him, then awesome, if you dont, then thats a perfect reason to modify the supra and whip his arse properly!!! Rolling
wilbo666
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: What would win??? Mon, 03 June 2002 10:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Allan your 5M-E MA-45 could beat 300zx's? ......

WTF???

A 7A-FE Corolla is a match for mine! (mine is an auto tho....?)

Tell me what I'm missing here (a turbo? lol)?

Cheers
Wilbo
Rattlehead
Regular

May 2002
Re: What would win??? Mon, 03 June 2002 10:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If I lose, I'll lose face as well and my Supra will be known as a piece of shit.

I dont want that...I wanna thrash him.

When I get the 7MGE in, I will mod it as much as my $$$ will take me...and then I'll run him and beat him, and then I'll be satisfied.

I wanna try and beat my mates EB XR8 as well. A 1GGEU does alright against it top end. I had a half car length lead before I backed off coz the lanes joined up and my mate is psycho, he would killed me just to try and get his car in front.

Hopefully a 7MGE will be able to give me way more power to beat 'some' cars.
jza70-mel
Regular

I supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: What would win??? Mon, 03 June 2002 10:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Why don't you get your psycho XR8 mate to give the ZX a drag? You'll be able to compare then ?
Rattlehead
Regular

May 2002
Re: What would win??? Mon, 03 June 2002 10:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The EB kills it...
But the 1GGEU in a MK3 Supra doesn't exactly make the car lauch, which is where too many cars can eat me, which is why I want a 7M. Once that's in, then I'll run my non turbo friends.
jza70-mel
Regular

I supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: What would win??? Mon, 03 June 2002 10:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You're right about the extra capacity for the launch. It depends on how fast you end your "drag". My 1jz probably has heaps more power than most stock V8's (even a gen III 5.7), but off the line, it's the torque that I can't compete with - unless I destroy my auto trans by spooling up off the line. My wife's 7m-gte feels better in that microsecond off the line, but once the boost comes on, it's sayonara!
Rattlehead
Regular

May 2002
Re: What would win??? Mon, 03 June 2002 11:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeh, depends who u drag...
But off the line launches helps a bit. The guys 300zx has real crappy launch but top end its okay, but when he races like 5 litres and stuff, he gets killed on take off and they are about 5 car lengths in front by the time the 300zx decides to catch up...and by that time the guy in the V8 thinks that the 300zx wasn't even dragging to begin with.

One time I was in my mates VL turbo and he raced the 300zx and we thought that he wasn't trying to drag us, until it zoomed past, but before then, my mate had already slowed down and stuff.

I wish I could get a 1JZGTE...mmmmmm! Maybe next year!
lumpy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: What would win??? Mon, 03 June 2002 12:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well my Mum drives a 300ZX z31 auto and it is very slow off the line, slow in mid range but does wind up after a while!
I used to have a 7m-ge in my MA70 and it had heaps of torque (but was also a 5-speed) and would definately beat the Z31 auto (stock). These motors are pretty underrated, mine used 3lt of oil every 400Km but still went hard! And will always look better than the Z-31!
However (and this is for jza70-mel's benefit) with a 1jz-gte and r154 5-speed in it the old MA70 gets no traction in 1st (mainly drifts sideways) when dragging and changing to second causes it to change direction of drift, get traction and launch very hard indeed! (all the way to 100 kph and then changing to 3rd). This is with a completely stock 1jz-gte and a G285 diff (4.30 to 1). The feeling under boost is incredible .
My brother was a turbo hating V8 driver until he came for a drive in the Supra! Now he's just a bit jealous.....
EMP-2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: What would win??? Tue, 04 June 2002 00:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hehepoor v8 owners (unless its a jap v8 antway :)
Redline
Regular

May 2002

Re: What would win??? Tue, 04 June 2002 00:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sorta off topic but I dragged a worked RX3 in a sc250 the other night, tee-hee =P

Re: What would win??? Tue, 04 June 2002 00:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Jza70 -mel , you should get yourself a trans cooler and try stalling it up off the lights, a near stock jza70 will do low 5 sec 0-100 if you do.

my boosted manual however only manages 5.4, on tyres that are just canvas !!

Matt

jza70-mel
Regular

I supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: What would win??? Tue, 04 June 2002 11:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TOYO3T - I have a feeling that traction would soon be a limiting factor in my car as it already slides out as boost comes on (not staging up the trans). Certainly in this cold weather there seems to be heaps more herbs on.

You are probably right, as I got 6 secs flat with just a standard (non left foot brake) take off to 100 on my Apexi Rev Speed Meter. I just don't want to break my baby doing too many hard launches. The trans cooler is probably cheap insurance.

Re: What would win??? Tue, 04 June 2002 22:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Andy stalls his up to 2700 and it just flies off the line, they have done a lot of testing with tyres and suspension though, not sure what he has there.
2900 is enough to erupt in useless wheelspin.

He gets off the line with just a squeal, he would pull 3 car l
lengths on me off the line.

The trans cooler I think is more to stop him from boiling trans fluid on longer drives, he drives this thing seriously hard, anyone expecting to drive with these guys on thier home turf and keep up is kidding themselves (Jim Richards + gt3 excluded) .

WHen he took a sweeping bend with close fences on both sides, belching flames on the speed cutter at 180, I gave up and settled into my own, less aggressive, pace.

Matt

Rattlehead
Regular

May 2002
Re: What would win??? Wed, 05 June 2002 00:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I wish my car had enough power to iceskate around everywhere.

Hey can a 7MGE do burnouts??

Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: What would win??? Wed, 05 June 2002 01:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rattlehead wrote on Wed, 05 June 2002 10:44 AM

I wish my car had enough power to iceskate around everywhere.

Hey can a 7MGE do burnouts??

My Mums stock 86 nissan poobird can light up the rears Razz
Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: What would win??? Wed, 05 June 2002 01:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wilbo666 wrote on Mon, 03 June 2002 8:31 PM

Allan your 5M-E MA-45 could beat 300zx's?

Lets just say it gos well for a basicly stock 5M-E on LPG Smile

Power in Advance (in an ignition kinda way) Smile not only that i drive it with compleate disregard Smile

Allan
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: What would win??? Wed, 05 June 2002 03:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

not only that i drive it with compleate disregard Smile

i bet my mate neil would second that comment...

Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: What would win??? Sun, 09 June 2002 11:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what did he say rob?

Allan
YOGI8U
Regular

May 2002

Re: What would win??? Sun, 09 June 2002 13:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dude! if pride is on the line!
See how the bank balance is and get your self a nos kit!
best mod for power under $1000!
and if you dont like the power? get a few friends over and start sucking! "man this is goooood shit"
Rattlehead
Regular

May 2002
Re: What would win??? Mon, 10 June 2002 12:42 Go to previous message
NOS will just be unfair. Plus it's expensive when u gotta fill it up. Coz when I go cruising I'd be squirting that stuff non stop to go past rexies and VL turbos and that.

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:toyota alarms
Next Topic:My bodgy home page.
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun May 12 02:03:45 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0052521228790283 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.