Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Rona_Drifter
Regular

March 2005
3S-GE to Corona Conversion Thu, 30 June 2005 13:36 Go to next message
While my crappy 2S is pulled to pieces... I was just pondering Rolling Eyes What if I bolted a 3S-GE Head onto the piece of poo 2S block? I know it probably wouldn't be worth it but.... would it work?

P.S I'm baggin out the crappy 2S engine because i hate it, sucks oil and fuel even know its not worn and has any leaks, The fuel economy to power ratio is shit! Non-crossflow too, start floggin it a bit and the intake manifold gets so hot the fuel is basicly burnt before it gets into the cylinder!! and Like has anyone tryed replacing the friggin water pump on one of these?? its gayingly hard for something that should be easy! Sorry bout whining But some say that these engines r built for economy, but they're not built for anything!... just to take up space and move cars around.
  Send a private message to this user    
jackel
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: 3S-GE to Corona Conversion Thu, 30 June 2005 15:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha your engine sucks, i trash my engine 24/7 and the only thing that has gotten worse is my gearbox cause i smash it into gear. Pretty good when it can still spin in third Very Happy

i think i put a thread up about a 3s head on 2s block and they said it was shit and to much work and money and so little benifit. Better swapping the whole 3s in.

better off finding a 3t-gte and stick it in, thats what i'm doing, i think it would be the easy engine conversion since 3t-gteu came in tt142 coronas Smile
Rona_Drifter
Regular

March 2005
Re: 3S-GE to Corona Conversion Fri, 01 July 2005 09:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I was thinkin that but ya know i always thought that if the block on the 2S was very similar exept for the pistons so all i need is wiring, fuel pump and a new headgasket and bobs ya uncle. I reckon ya better off buying a complete TT142 than to drop it into a local. What cars were the 3T's in.. the only one i know of is the GT corona's and therefore being expencive and hard to find.
jackel
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: 3S-GE to Corona Conversion Fri, 01 July 2005 13:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you know how hard it is to find a tt142 and one that isn't infested with rust? I could of got one for 1k with a 3t-geu in it but body was crap and panels are hard to find. So with a aussie corona it's more of a sleeper Smile
CoronaC
Regular

June 2004
Re: 3S-GE to Corona Conversion Sat, 02 July 2005 15:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
There was a post on this a few months back about putting a 3S head on 2S block, apparently it might need custom pistons and other various shit so it would be more worthwhile just doing a 3SG(T)E conversion to start with.
http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=68051&rid=6009&S=30eb23290342e98b066ffcb 23e124efe&pl_view=&start=0#msg_633204

2S seam to tough little c$#@s to brake, mine has many oil leaks and every now and then when i forget to top up the oil it still seams to run fine (for a 2S) when its basically got no oil Very Happy

In fact im gona be starting a 3SGE conversion into my ST141 in a few months, right now im just getting info on it, would be interested in anyone thats done it before for a bit of info

cheers
chris

Rona_Drifter
Regular

March 2005
Re: 3S-GE to Corona Conversion Sun, 03 July 2005 10:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well I just want the 'rona to have around 120kw at the flywheel for as little damage to me wallet as possible. I could work the absoulute tits off the 2S if i wanted but it would be cheaper to fit another motor that isn't non crossflow!
jackel
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: 3S-GE to Corona Conversion Sun, 03 July 2005 10:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
chuck a 22re if you want a little more power. change the fuel tank lines etc. then when you have more money do a bigger upgrafe
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: 3S-GE to Corona Conversion Mon, 04 July 2005 03:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You can work a 2s a little bit.
mine in the celica i'm selling had the head ported and polished also it's got a mild cam but that's all.
I rebuilt it when i bought it to hi comp specs as it came turboed.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: 3S-GE to Corona Conversion Mon, 04 July 2005 03:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
see my sig for 22re powah.stock, so around 90kw a the flywheel assuming 30% drive train loss. But power isn't evrything thing the 22re has shitloads more torque and its downlow thatn any other 4cyl you are gonna put in there bar maybe a 2.7L 4cyl hilus motor hehe thats an idea.
4DaDrift
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: 3S-GE to Corona Conversion Mon, 04 July 2005 03:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
u want cheap power
intercooler
big arsed carby or two and a cheap plumbing and turbo Smile
cheap effective power
most na engines handle low range boost ie 1/2 bar/7 pound
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: 3S-GE to Corona Conversion Mon, 04 July 2005 03:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
who cares if you blow it up they are cheap as to replace anyway hehe. Very Happy
Rona_Drifter
Regular

March 2005
Re: 3S-GE to Corona Conversion Fri, 08 July 2005 00:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah I'de like 2 turbo it but is non-crossflow meaning there's a whole lot of crap on one side and nothing on the other, I doubt i would be able to cram a turbo on the left side. The standard carb is gay, my fuel consumption is shocking!! yet all the internal's indicate that its running too lean, i swear im leaking fuel somewhere, but its not. so the head's gettin' done now... carbs r on the way, I'll thrash it for a few months and then do the cam, does anyone know if the cam makes much difference? in this engine anyway, and are there certain stages of how much they lump it?
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: 3S-GE to Corona Conversion Fri, 08 July 2005 06:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Get your head ported and polished you won't regret it
i've only got what you could call a "stage one" cam it's not much different from stock but it makes a bit more power than a stock and it helps fuel economy.
jackel
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: 3S-GE to Corona Conversion Fri, 08 July 2005 09:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mookie wrote on Mon, 04 July 2005 11:08

mine in the celica i'm selling had the head ported and polished also it's got a mild cam but that's all.

was yours turboed? still got the manifold? Very Happy
CoronaC
Regular

June 2004
Re: 3S-GE to Corona Conversion Mon, 11 July 2005 17:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just a question, how many km's does everyone get out of a tank?
I usually get around 400km/59L tank (wagon) have got up to 450km before

how about everyone else?

cheers
chris
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: 3S-GE to Corona Conversion Mon, 11 July 2005 22:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well i usually get around 12-15L per 100km with the 22re, and have got it down to like 10.5 on the freeway so on a long trip on open roads i could probably do like 500+km.
But i usually never let the tank drop down past a quarter don't trust old fuel gauges. Very Happy
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: 3S-GE to Corona Conversion Tue, 12 July 2005 02:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jackel wrote on Fri, 08 July 2005 19:36

Mookie wrote on Mon, 04 July 2005 11:08

was yours turboed? still got the manifold? Very Happy

sorry mate i threw it away i didn't think anybody would want a 2stc.

it was dodgy tho just a home made job it wouldn't take more than 15 mins to knock up.
Rona_Drifter
Regular

March 2005
Re: 3S-GE to Corona Conversion Tue, 12 July 2005 06:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hmm, I'de say when i flog it around town its roughly 300kms to the tank, my carb is stuffed, well the 2SC standard carbies r gay all together, My mates dad has a box full of carbies from various 18R's in his shed so i might try and rig one of those up, see how it goes. I reckon it would be interesting to se a 2STE <---(it sounds tough!) lol. Mookie: Did you lower the comp on that 2S or just weld up some manifolds and bolt up a turb? was there much of an increase in power, or just and increase in pinging?
coronamark2
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: 3S-GE to Corona Conversion Tue, 12 July 2005 07:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you can buy my corona Very Happy

click me
Rona_Drifter
Regular

March 2005
Re: 3S-GE to Corona Conversion Fri, 22 July 2005 11:26 Go to previous message
OH! ok well the old 2S is back together and running awesome!.. well you know awesome compared to what it was before. But two days ago it started running crap again... and the usual symptoms such as "gutlessness" and very poor fuel economy where back in my life! what a joyess moment Confused . Well after hours of checking, its the carby. It is ROOTED! it has a slow internal leak as in at night when i come home you can see fuel in the lil' window, by the morning you can't see any fuel in there, get a torch, look down and open up the butterfly and there's a little pool of fuel in the manifold. OK. well with the engine running and give it some curry and the engine starts choking and the jet starts spewin' out fuel, the slightest bit of throttel and it just starts pissin! today was probably the 16 maybe 17th time i've ripped it down and blasted every passage with the compresor... No improvement, so later on today my mate came around with a carb off an old corona 1.6 12R engine... and its goin pretty good even though it wasn't designed for my engine and the throat holes don't even line up! I'll this weekend we're takin the cam out and i'll see if the 1600 carb can cut it, swing some hoops, ya know warm up the treads a little.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Chemical Stripping?
Next Topic:Sprinta dorifutooo? but its not a merc
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 17:25:51 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0048849582672119 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.