Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
mkal6
Regular

June 2003
cheated by seller Fri, 01 July 2005 01:25 Go to next message
hi guys,

i have no idea what step to take next or wheather i will see the part or my money.

the man goes by the nick Reddy and is a toymods forum member. paid for some shocks throught netbanking a month ago and parts had not arrived and he is M.I.A.

mail him numerous times and he has not got back to me. his name is jason teo, goin by the account name i transfered the money.

i even sent an email treating to got to cops to make a report and still no reply, waited for a week for a reply and nothing
what can u do guys?
or shall i say bye bye to my cash

its sad that one cannot trust another even through a community forum

sincerely
mo
  Send a private message to this user    
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: cheated by seller Fri, 01 July 2005 01:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
assume the worst buddy .. this is the internet, not your neighbour down the road ... can you really trust someone to send you stuff AFTER you netbank money to him ?

I DONT THINK SO !!

hell, if I gave you my account would you like to transfer some money in there too if I say I will give you some shocks as well ?

be smart about it mate - do COD
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: cheated by seller Fri, 01 July 2005 02:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
COD doesn't cover you for shit.

He could just send a newspaper in a box.

You'll still pay for it.
joyride
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

January 2003
Re: cheated by seller Fri, 01 July 2005 03:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
can you go to the bank and tell them you want to refund the money because you 'deposited it into the wrong account'??
you'd probably have to pay some sort of fine but atleast you get most of the money back...?

did u even grab his mobile phone number or any other information besides his netbank details?
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: cheated by seller Fri, 01 July 2005 03:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
joyride wrote on Fri, 01 July 2005 11:05

can you go to the bank and tell them you want to refund the money because you 'deposited it into the wrong account'??
you'd probably have to pay some sort of fine but atleast you get most of the money back...?

Only if the name and account numbers are incorrect.
If they match up then you can't do shit.
time2play
Forums Junkie

On Probation

February 2005
Re: cheated by seller Fri, 01 July 2005 03:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its a pity.................. all scums i reckon.
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: cheated by seller Fri, 01 July 2005 03:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrUZsida wrote on Fri, 01 July 2005 12:21

You'll still pay for it.

incorrect ! u will have the senders details.. address etc
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: cheated by seller Fri, 01 July 2005 03:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Les wrote on Fri, 01 July 2005 11:42

CrUZsida wrote on Fri, 01 July 2005 12:21

You'll still pay for it.

incorrect ! u will have the senders details.. address etc

Hhahah, and you think someone planning on ripping you off is going to put their details on the package??

C'mon man.
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: cheated by seller Fri, 01 July 2005 03:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
excellent point - the only person that i have COD'd from was a friend, so I was safe in that respect ..

ok moral is not to buy online then
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: cheated by seller Fri, 01 July 2005 03:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If you are at all worried that the person you are buying something off has the potential to rip you off, get them to put the thing on ebay, with a 'buy it now' price off what you are going to pay.

You are then covered fully.
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: cheated by seller Fri, 01 July 2005 03:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
and if someone beat u to it ? LOL

i actually sold some injectors before and the guy sms me before i even confirmed to him the colour of the injectors telling me that he already NET BANK the money to me !!

now that was a bit naive of him .. but i guess some people just think all sellers have a good heart and will not try 2 rip them off..
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: cheated by seller Fri, 01 July 2005 04:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Some people will look at the sellers previous posts, time on the board etc etc, and just weigh up how genuine the person appears to be.

If they are new, or 99% of their posts are in the OutHouse, then they can be dodgy.
BOCKA
Forums Junkie

March 2005
Re: cheated by seller Fri, 01 July 2005 04:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that sucks to be ripped off but it happens to everyone at some time. mostly by shifty mechanics though but forum rip offs are fast catching up.
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: cheated by seller Fri, 01 July 2005 04:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yup that is great advice ...

also .. stick to face to face purchases guys .. but having said that, NEVER invite someone to your house / garage !!! they may just come back for more later !
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: cheated by seller Fri, 01 July 2005 04:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Les wrote on Fri, 01 July 2005 11:51

ok moral is not to buy online then

I think the moral is more along the lines CrUZsida said - look into the people you want to buy from - I always do. Previous post history, last post date, duration on forum, ..., and general info all goes into my determination to buy or not.
Indi
Regular

December 2004
Re: cheated by seller Fri, 01 July 2005 04:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Do you know which state he is in? If so (assuming he is an Australian Citizen and over 18) go to your nearest Electoral Commission office ask for the Electoral Roll microfiche for that state, they have the machines there to read them, I don't know how common the name Jason Teo is but I'd assume there wouldn't be too many, find out his address then write him a letter of demand. If you get no response then depending on the amount of money you're talking about get a lawyer to send him a Statement of Claim.
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: cheated by seller Fri, 01 July 2005 07:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You should be able to work out where his bank branch is from the BSB.
That will help you to track down the guy.

Or just go to small claims court and they should be able to send a summons to "The owner of account number XYZ of ABC Bank"

Poeple only do this sort of thing because they think they can get away with it... if it looks like they are going to have to go to court because of what they have done I think you will find they are very quick to return the funds.
mynameisrodney
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: cheated by seller Fri, 01 July 2005 09:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i say find him and smash his kneecap with a shock. poetic justice Laughing

chris
Bananaman
Regular

July 2003
Re: cheated by seller Fri, 01 July 2005 09:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
When i sell something, i give the buyer my full contact details, including landline phone number. If i am making a major purchase from someone else, i ask the same of them. Simple insurance. Call them on the landline to verify. When selling, it helps them feel perfectly safe about the deal.
mkal6
Regular

June 2003
Re: cheated by seller Fri, 01 July 2005 09:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mynameisrodney wrote on Fri, 01 July 2005 19:03

i say find him and smash his kneecap with a shock. poetic justice Laughing

chris

i just might do that. its bloody frustration, but i will attempt all the above mentioned methods of tracking him down.

and when i find him....... Mad
nightdevil
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2003

Re: cheated by seller Fri, 01 July 2005 10:25 Go to previous message
Reddy's Profile
Date Registered: March 11, 2005

Last Post: Sun, 03 April 2005 02:09
Re: RA-23 Rear Shocks for sale
Email: centralrecording@gotalk.net.au
Private Message:

Looking at his record i wouldnt of dealt with him to start off with. Next time if u are buying sumthing check their profile first and make sure they have at least 100 posts or more. Its also a good idea to get their contact number etc.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:http://earth.google.com
Next Topic:How many forum members does it takes to change a light bulb?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 23:11:22 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0067110061645508 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.