Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
brett_celicacoupe
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Brett's 1G-GTE RA60 track car project Sat, 02 July 2005 11:33
after completing (not 100% done yet) my RA40 celica project earlier this year, i found myself looking for something else to do. 2 RA60's were advertised for sale in the local newspaper and i ended up buying them for $550 (for both). i only needed one so i repaired a few things on the other and sold it for $1250 with a RWC - paid itself off already Smile . recently i had been watching the local bitumen sprint races which are held on a bitumen go-kart track and started to become very interested in getting involved.

i started by stripping all the unessesary CRAP out of the inside of the RA60 to get the weight down a bit.
i then replaced the RA60 control arms with MX62 cressida ones which pushed the wheels out to a good 5 degrees of negative camber. this seemed to make the car turn really well on the road. i also used the MX62 coil springs in the front which did give a minimal improvement. they have an extra coil and .5mm thicker bar.

the latest mod to the RA60 is the diff. just the other day i welded up a T292 and put that in place of the T30x(??). i do have a MKII corona F series diff but its only going to go in when i run out of t series bits

21R-C engine + auto box is also out now as of thursday

here is the car

http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/4070/ra603gb.jpg

ENGINE Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

yesterday (friday) i finally recieved my 1G-GTE (gen3) on the pallet courtesy of another toymodder.

this engine will be going in the RA60 for now and maybe the RA40 later on. its going to be running the standard W58 manual

i cant wait to get it runnin and take it for a burn up the street

this project is on a major budget so there won't be anythin to fancy for now. it is mainly for fun, not nessesarily for serious competition - yet Wink . just something i can enter into the local sprints and have a thrash about

http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/1580/1ggte00064is.jpg

brett
  Send a private message to this user    
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:9" grinder+ke70= CONVERTABLE
Next Topic:lemon drift86 *new pic*****
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue May 7 16:21:24 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.004810094833374 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.