Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Darkstar
Regular

January 2004
icon8.gif  1GGTE - Blowing smoke Mon, 04 July 2005 04:15 Go to next message
Hi.
I put a new signgle turbo on the 1G running 1bar and have noticed that shes a bit smokey!

It's hard to explain, but here goes - basically when u get up it, it starts to emit small amounts of white(gulp) smoke, but when u change gears then hit the throttle again a large amount is suddenly released created a rather large cloud.

In other words normally not smokey, but under extreme conditions; especially if going quickly through the gears it smokes.

So whats the verdict, turbo seal? head gasket?
I'm not sure as i have never experienced thses problems before and I lack wisdom Crying or Very Sad

Also note that she is running smooth and well apart from that, and the power increase is brilliant Very Happy Very Happy Thanks in advance guys
  Send a private message to this user    
Skip
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: 1GGTE - Blowing smoke Mon, 04 July 2005 04:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sounds like turbo seals.
Darkstar
Regular

January 2004
Re: 1GGTE - Blowing smoke Tue, 05 July 2005 06:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BUGGER
Darkstar
Regular

January 2004
Re: 1GGTE - Blowing smoke Thu, 14 July 2005 03:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry to be a pain but i dont want to replace the seals on the turbs if I don't have to...
Given the symptoms, could it possibly be blow-by or worn valve stem seals or something of that nature?

If left in neutral and revved hard no smoke is evident, but under load (while actually driving) once you get up some revs, smoke will start to slowly come from the exhaust. This happens even at very low boost, and it seems to be getting worse.

Once again sorry for the persistance, but i cant afford to get the turbo rebuilt than find out that the problem was something else - Any advice is appreciated
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: 1GGTE - Blowing smoke Thu, 14 July 2005 03:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Smoke under boost = turbo seals or rings.
Darkstar
Regular

January 2004
Re: 1GGTE - Blowing smoke Mon, 18 July 2005 00:47 Go to previous message
I have read somewhere that not having an appropriate restrictor on the oil feed line can cause trouble. I have a banjo fitting on my oil feed and the hole on the 'ring part' is only about 2 or 3mm in diameter. I would assume that this is not too large..

Any thoughts?
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:ae82 brake upgrade??
Next Topic:KE20 WINDOW WINDERS!! how they come off!
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue Oct 1 22:37:33 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0049729347229004 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.