Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
KOFFEE-BLACK
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Car not statrting Thu, 07 July 2005 09:44 Go to next message
Hey guys, what could be the causes of a car not starting? Its trying to kick over, but doesnt. Im thinking it could be the fuel pump. The car was fine for a while, then, for about a month, it would take a long time for the car to turn over, say about 8 seconds. Could it have been the pump that died? Im using a used TT Supra pump.
  Send a private message to this user    
ae95
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2003
Re: Car not statrting Thu, 07 July 2005 09:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if its trying to kick over but doesnt i would say it could be the starter motor, low battery(dead batt or alternator)

check for fuel and spark
Jorrs
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: Car not statrting Thu, 07 July 2005 14:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeh prob not fuel pump, ie somethin in starter side of it maybe, most likely an electrical problem

KOFFEE-BLACK
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Car not statrting Fri, 08 July 2005 01:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You think?? It does try to turn over tho. Can I try clutch starting it?
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Car not statrting Fri, 08 July 2005 01:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah I would try that.

Try tapping on starter motor when someone else cranks it over as well.
ST162GT-R
Regular

February 2004
Re: Car not statrting Fri, 08 July 2005 02:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
similar thing happened to me, i changed my EFI fuse and seemed to have fixed the problem.
Dale_ta22
Regular

September 2004
Re: Car not statrting Fri, 08 July 2005 08:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Watch the fan belt of something to see that it's actually turning over. (sounds as though it is)
If that's good it's got to be fuel or spark! I guess you could take an injector out, and sit it in a glass bottle while you try to start it, just to see if fuel sprays out...
KOFFEE-BLACK
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Car not statrting Wed, 13 July 2005 12:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just thought of something, went to tap the starter motor, noticed its under the water pump, which has a BIG leak! Could it be the leaking water pump affecting the startr motor?? (It still sitting in the garage dead Sad)
sideshow
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Car not statrting Wed, 13 July 2005 13:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
does the engine actually turn over

is it starter probs or is it crankin ok but not firing up

why would yr fuel pump stop it from crankin

if it cranks check for spark fuel theyre the basics
NUT_54C
Occasional Poster

June 2005
icon4.gif  Re: Car not statrting Wed, 13 July 2005 13:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey yeah i'm having the same sorta problem.... i replaced these little copper clips inside the starter motor (car manual helped out heaps suggest you get one)

then it was fine for about a week now car wont start at all. replaced spark plugs didnt do anything.

booked it into auto electriction tomorrow to get a "booster relay" put in. ($55 bucks)

apperantly its just some litle thing that connects to batter, starter motor, earth and something else. apperntly can fix it. it just boost amount of electricty going to starter motor to help it start.

if thats not it gonna replace spark plug wires (80 bucks)

then if thats not it gonna replace whole starter motor (not sure on cost)

AND IF AFTER ALL THAT DOESNT WORK I INTEND ON CRYING IN MY ROOM LIKE A LITTLE GIRL :'(

hope that gives you a slight idea on what it might be. theres other post's about it on these forums just do a seach for em
Scorpion
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Car not statrting Wed, 13 July 2005 13:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If the engine turns over, try checking the lead to the O2 sensor. My car is hard to start if this is disconnected.

I've also fitted a relay to the starter motor so the black lead that supplies 12v to the starter motor solenoid now trips the relay which supplies 12v from the battery to the solenoid instead. This fixed my non start issues that were occurrng when the motor is running hot eg. mid-summerheat waves.
NUT_54C
Occasional Poster

June 2005
Re: Car not statrting Wed, 13 July 2005 15:44 Go to previous message
yeah hopefully all will be fixed when relay goes in tomorrow.

alot of issues our poor celicas seam to have ie

not starting
oil leak
fucked syncro's in gears

and i seam to be getting them all at once Sad
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:want to attempt on painting my car soon
Next Topic:Coil over overs springs ??
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed May 15 02:21:18 UTC 2024