Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Classifieds » Car/Engine Electronics & Audio » FS: APEXi Power FC AP Engineering Version 4a-ge AE86

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
AE86T
Forums Junkie

Forums sponsor

August 2002
FS: APEXi Power FC AP Engineering Version 4a-ge AE86 Fri, 08 July 2005 01:08 Go to next message
Hi Guys,

Available for AE86 4A-GE is the power fc AP engineering versions. They do not come with handsets which are optional.

These units are NOT the normal Apexi power fc versions, these apparently get sent out of japan to the U.S to get retuned or chipped for the specific vehicles and thats the reason why they cost alot more then normal versions and do not come with handset.

These are full replacment computers for your 4age/AE86.

For info on what the power fc can do, go to:
www.apexi-usa.com

You looking at $1980.00 inc GST delivered for this stand alone unit. If your in perth, I can organise professional and experienced dyno tuning with Apexi excel software for these Power Fcs.

These computers are truely one of the most felexible and reliable computers because they plug and play and yet so easy to tune without having problems with cold start and other functions.

They are basically a factory computer which you can tune and are so flexible that they are being used for GTR here producing 700-800hp at the wheels

This will be only available for the 16 valve engines which come from the original ae86 83-87 in japan or same engines with same loom.

If you have any further queries, please dont hesitate to contact me on visionr@iinet.net.au or 0403003131

[Updated on: Fri, 08 July 2005 01:44]

Send a private message to this user    
AE86T
Forums Junkie

Forums sponsor

August 2002
Re: FS: APEXi Power FC AP Engineering Version 4a-ge AE86 Fri, 08 July 2005 01:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Here some info on what the power fcs can do:

Concept:
The Power FC proudly stands as A'PEX's answer to the constraints and limitations associated with most piggy-back style fuel controllers. The Power FC is a complete, stand alone, total engine management system capable of handling virtually anything thrown in its path. From multiple point fuel and ignition control to VTEC engagement (Honda applications) and boost settings, the Power FC is capable of accommodating even the most demanding performance enthusiasts.

Characteristics:
Currently available only through Power Excel Shops, the Power FC replaces the factory ECU and controls all engine parameters.(Off road use only, no OBD-II) Installation is as easy as replacing the factory ECU. (Some minor rewiring is required on select vehicles.) The factory engine harness does not need to be replaced and all critical accessories such as air conditioning continue to function. By using the optional FC COMMANDER, the user can adjust and modify a wide range of settings. By changing various parameters and data, the Power FC will adapt to any of your performance needs. Since there is no need to upgrade ROM chips or trade in ECU's, the factory ECU can be kept by the original user.

The Power FC operates off of three Main Menus. These menus are : Monitor, Setting, and ETC.

In Monitor Mode, the Commander can display up to 10 parameters of data in real time.

Monitor Mode can display:

Engine RPM
Ignition Timing
Vehicle Speed
Air Flow Voltage (Pressure Sensor Voltage)
Injector Duty Cycle
Boost
Knocking Level
Battery Voltage
Intake Air Temp
Water Temp

In addition, there are 4 display patterns allowing 1-8 parameters to be shown on screen at once. The data displays in numerical real time values with the option of a real time 10 second graph display. Peak Hold values and Display Hold functions only require the touch of a button. The Map Trace Mode allows Ghost Map Tracing of the Fuel Correction and Ignition Timing maps. This allows the user to visually see what point of the map is being used in real time. The Ghost Map Trace function leaves markers on the used portions of the map for easy reference.

Setting Mode allows full access to the 20x20 ignition timing and fuel correction maps. The user can adjust any portion of this map in 5x5 sections. Air flow correction values can be entered for vehicles upgrading air flow meters. Injector pulse correction menu is used when upgrading injectors on the engine. The Acceleration Enrichment Correction function improves response under hard and sudden acceleration. The Cranking Fuel Injection menu corrects the amount of fuel when the engine is being cranked, or when the water temperature is cold. A separate Water Temp menu allows fuel correction according to water temperature. The RPM menu allows rev limiter settings and idle RPM levels. Access menus also vary according to specialty engines. Rotary engine Power FC's accommodate leading and trailing ignition maps. Honda engines Power FC's allow for VTEC control. Complete boost control is possible by using the optional Boost Control Kit (Not necessary for vehicles that come factory turbocharged.). Changing data is easy: just access the desired point on the map or data, and push the FC COMMANDER keys in the appropriate direction.

The ETC Menu contains utility parameters such as : version information, LCD screen Brightness, and Initialization of all Data. In addition, the ETC Mode allows the user to monitor all factory sensors through one screen. This screen can tell the user if any sensor is in use or malfunctioning.

The Power FC also comes preprogrammed with several base maps. (Currently with Japan Domestic Market Vehicle Maps. Minor initial tuning may be required. Please contact your authorized Power Excel shop for more information.) This makes the initial tuning process much quicker. As with all other fuel controllers, the POWER FC should be tuned on a dynomometer by a trained professional. A high grade air/ fuel ratio monitor is also recommended during tuning to ensure best results.

Cheers

WEi
._T_.
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: FS: APEXi Power FC AP Engineering Version 4a-ge AE86 Sat, 09 July 2005 04:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
makes a motec m4clubman at $1950 seem cheap...(& more adjustable)

T
fergo308
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: FS: APEXi Power FC AP Engineering Version 4a-ge AE86 Sun, 10 July 2005 12:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
except that the motec doesn't plug straight in,and every sensor is on top of that price.

the power fc is a top option for an ecu swap.

seeing as these are a custom version by apexi's custom workshop, it's a good deal. they don't normally make an FC for the early 4AG,only the small port and 20v engines.

Justin...
GTV AE86
Regular

June 2005
Re: FS: APEXi Power FC AP Engineering Version 4a-ge AE86 Mon, 11 July 2005 02:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Would this ecu work with an engine that has had a quad throttle installed onto the engine?

AE86T
Forums Junkie

Forums sponsor

August 2002
Re: FS: APEXi Power FC AP Engineering Version 4a-ge AE86 Tue, 12 July 2005 01:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I dont see y it wouldnt work with the 16v with quads added as long as it has 16v.

I am not too sure wether it will run for 20v engines.

If you guys interested, i can find out.

Regards

Wei
sickAE86
Regular

November 2004
Re: FS: APEXi Power FC AP Engineering Version 4a-ge AE86 Tue, 12 July 2005 05:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you will need to run an AFM as well........
GTV AE86
Regular

June 2005
Re: FS: APEXi Power FC AP Engineering Version 4a-ge AE86 Tue, 12 July 2005 06:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oh bugger. I have the MAP sensor. So what does that mean I cant uase it?

I guess they are tuned to the American AE86 which run the AFM.

[Updated on: Tue, 12 July 2005 06:38]

Drift Technician
Regular

March 2004
Re: FS: APEXi Power FC AP Engineering Version 4a-ge AE86 Wed, 13 July 2005 02:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AP Engineering is based in Japan not the US. You can check to see if you can get the AP Engineering ones in DeJetro version which means you dont need to run AFM. They do make a 20v version, it is not the same as the 16v version. Best feature of the Power FC is its inbuilt knock sensor, there are no aftermarket ecus on the market for the same price with this function. Hand Controller is also quite good, tells you absolutley everything you need to know, no need for guages etc. Overall a very good unit for the price.
GTV AE86
Regular

June 2005
Re: FS: APEXi Power FC AP Engineering Version 4a-ge AE86 Wed, 13 July 2005 02:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Wei

Can you find out if you can get the ones that do not use the AFM but the MAP sensor instead. Like what was said by Drift technician
"You can check to see if you can get the AP Engineering ones in DeJetro version which means you dont need to run AFM."

Can you also find out if it can run with a Quad throttle that I am installing on my 16v?

I have been Looking around for a ECU and this might be the next best option than getting the Motec M4.

Thanks

[Updated on: Wed, 13 July 2005 02:38]

Drift Technician
Regular

March 2004
Re: FS: APEXi Power FC AP Engineering Version 4a-ge AE86 Wed, 13 July 2005 04:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You can run these with the quad throttle bosy setup............
GTV AE86
Regular

June 2005
Re: FS: APEXi Power FC AP Engineering Version 4a-ge AE86 Wed, 13 July 2005 04:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cool. Then I want one. Just want to make sure that it is not going to give me any troubles.. I am not going to spend $2000 on an ecu just to have to sell it.

If it its not then I would be interested in purchasing a unit for myself.

Just another question. Compared to other units, how are they?
And does it come with the handset?

[Updated on: Wed, 13 July 2005 05:10]

AE86T
Forums Junkie

Forums sponsor

August 2002
Re: FS: APEXi Power FC AP Engineering Version 4a-ge AE86 Mon, 18 July 2005 04:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I will check with my supplier whats units are there for the 4age?

Cheers

WEi
AE86T
Forums Junkie

Forums sponsor

August 2002
Re: FS: APEXi Power FC AP Engineering Version 4a-ge AE86 Tue, 19 July 2005 06:49 Go to previous message
I have double checked with japanese supplier and have advised me power fc only available for 16, not 20v.

Regards

Wei
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:JDM AE92 4AGE(smallport) ECU
Next Topic:3TGTEU ecu, harness +++
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 21:34:32 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0068628787994385 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.