Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
toyrota
Forums Junkie

May 2002

A few questions Mon, 11 July 2005 09:25 Go to next message
Mainly what I want to know is what most of us are into. I know cars in general and Toyota's more directly but what path are you heading down withyour car???
Neat Steeter,Rally,Circuit racing,Pure show,drag, etc ?????
What is the reason behind your thinking??
I like to enjoy the car I have at any given time and that means driving and modifing.My KE20 is pretty rough shall wee say so I thought why not try a bit of racing of any and all kinds and see what appeals the most.
So far had a crack at the dyno (not really racing I know) and Wakefeild Park. The thing that shocked me the most was how easy it was to go curcuit racing so to speak.I know there is a big difference between what I did and actaully lining up on the grid with 40 other cars but hey on a tight budget it doesn't get any better
How many have done the track day at WAkefield and how many would like to do it. Now all those that haven't done it what is stoping you from doing it???
Please let me know some or all of the above questions
Sorry for the long post Confused
  Send a private message to this user    
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: A few questions Mon, 11 July 2005 09:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my Gt4 = tough street car first and for-most - with sprint work thrown in for fun , and a side helping of show and shine ..

They wont let me race it on classic tarmac rallying cause they be worried it would own porsches! hehehe Smile
bunkyT18
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: A few questions Mon, 11 July 2005 09:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Street for me, It's about the old corolla holding it's own with younger cars.
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: A few questions Mon, 11 July 2005 10:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
street monster, weekend track car. unfortunately because I can't afford to build 2 cars at one, this one is a mass of compromises. comfy interior, sound system... all the stuff I don't really want on my weekend track car, but all the stuff I need for registration and long-arse road trips.

BOCKA
Forums Junkie

March 2005
Re: A few questions Mon, 11 July 2005 10:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my ra23, wanna make it a small light power house that is street legal. i want people to look under the bonnet and just go "f*** me!" i plan on keeping the outside tastefull and simple and with a hint of jap styling. gonna be sweet, if i dont get over it Confused
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: A few questions Mon, 11 July 2005 10:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im aiming for the neat streeter look with performace to match or beat the looks Very Happy
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: A few questions Tue, 12 July 2005 02:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My celica is a street car that could hopfully hold it's own on the track.
I can't afford to break it or crash it on the track as it's the only car i have and don't own anything with enough power to tow it.

I'd love a dedicated track car but there are other things you need to buy aswell.
Ie : tow car, car trailer and all sorts of tools .

Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: A few questions Tue, 12 July 2005 02:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona sticks hand out window and says dorfito Wink . I am hoping to buy a car at the end of the year to mod from stock or maybe minor mods already done to make a decent street car and occasional weekend track day whether it be drift or just circuit racing.
Ideally i'd love a Dedicated track car but one i don't have the space at home two would need a new car anyway to tow it, so that makes it expensive and three at the age of 19 i can't reallu supprt two cars. Wink
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: A few questions Tue, 12 July 2005 02:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My Supra is a comfortable low-powered stocker to get around in while I build the Celica into a track weapon.

Well that was the plan anyway. Somehow a couple of mods found their way into the Supra over the years. Rolling Eyes Now it has more track-racer bits than the Celica does!
Benjamin
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: A few questions Tue, 12 July 2005 02:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My ke25 is going to be a purpose track day car. Mainly built to Improved Production specifications if I want to get serious about racing.
But I am also going to try and get it street registered.
Hi-Ace
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

January 2005

Re: A few questions Tue, 12 July 2005 22:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well mine started out strickly as a repowered work truck. But since I was driving it as a private car it got a paint job that I wanted to be different to the normal run of the mill commercial vehical. Then the wheels had to be changed because with the standard 185x14 She was just a pig to try and drive. Then with the bigger wheels I thought maybe just a little more power wont hurt when it's loaded, so, on with the blower & injection unit. It was after that that people said it looked good enough to show so, 3 trophys later. She is still just my private car built for me to get around in, and still capable of working when I can get it.(hint, hint) Rolling Eyes
Ribfeast
Forums Junkie

March 2005

Re: A few questions Wed, 13 July 2005 00:18 Go to previous message
Practical and comfy sleeper with some balls. Aiming for mid to low 13's, maybe high 12s.

But if I'm feeling financial in the future, I might get it kitted and resprayed in some non-stock colour. Maybe that blue the XR8's have. Blueprint I think it is called.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Is Rod a closet Corolla sympathiser?
Next Topic:Lookin for a drivin job
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 19:31:13 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0078761577606201 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.