Toymods » General Car Talk » Ra60 with a 1jz At PET modifications in Thomastown

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
stradlater
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Ra60 with a 1jz At PET modifications in Thomastown Mon, 03 June 2002 08:43 Go to next message
I was at PET modifications in thomastown picking up the final bits of my haltech equipment when I saw a nice looking ra6x sitting there. Went over and had a look in, and it had a very neatly pack twin turbo motor stamped with a 2500 on the top. The turbos looked very similar to that of the 1g-gte turbos, and in addition to this, the rocker cover/head looks very similar to a 1jz item. This leads me to belive that it's a 1jz in a ra6x in thomastown (vic). Exciting as it was, I can't imagine there would be a huge amount of power coming out of it, given the use of the older twin turbos, but I'm sure it still goes quicker than mine does at the moment.

In addition to this little meany, there was a ta22, nice looking red one sitting there with what appeared to be a 3t sitting in it, completely unfinished. Apparently the owner had run out of money for the time being.

I was just curious as to whether anybody knows anything about either car?

Send a private message to this user    
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Ra60 with a 1jz At PET modifications in Thomastown Mon, 03 June 2002 09:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Define a huge amount of power...even the OLDER twin-turbo pumps out a fair whack of the stuff!

stradlater
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Ra60 with a 1jz At PET modifications in Thomastown Mon, 03 June 2002 09:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes, you are right, the definition does need to be made, and basically I'm just defining on what a modified engine will make compared to a stock one, that's probably where I'm making the destincion.
Speed Demon
Regular

May 2002
Re: Ra60 with a 1jz At PET modifications in Thomastown Tue, 04 June 2002 03:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i've been past P.E.T. heaps of times, and i think i've seen the Celica your talking about....but not recently....do u know if it's running yet?
stradlater
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Ra60 with a 1jz At PET modifications in Thomastown Tue, 04 June 2002 04:11 Go to previous message
I'm not to certain, but it seems to be sitting in there ready to be worked on, I can't really tell anything else.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:nightlife
Next Topic:NORBIE: Someone...Need Info on 18r-gu ignition
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue Oct 1 07:14:23 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0044028759002686 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.