Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
clicar
Regular

July 2003

1993 WRC Celica Vs 1991 Celica SX Thu, 14 July 2005 00:49 Go to next message
Hey guys I have found two cars which are both immaculate. The problem I'm facing is the 1991 sx celica has done 123 000 k's and the 1993 WRC has done 160 000 ks.

I'm querying the main differences between the two cars cause all i can pick is extra badging and spotties. Does anyone else know of anymore differences. Any feedback would be great so I can decide which one to buy.

Cheers Guys
  Send a private message to this user    
Evan
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: 1993 WRC Celica Vs 1991 Celica SX Thu, 14 July 2005 01:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The extra k's wouldn't faze this type of car.
The sx is the older shape. Both are great cars. The WRC ones have the updated face and come with some extras but they are basically the same car.
I would go with the WRC car. Its newer and if its in good condition with a good history then the extra k's wouldn't be a problem. But 160k's is nothing for a 93 model.
We had an SX model and you couildn't kill them. The battery and the sparks and everything lasted over 180ks. Didn't even need replacing. No probs with it had it for 8 yrs.

Jorrs
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: 1993 WRC Celica Vs 1991 Celica SX Thu, 14 July 2005 14:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i dunno hey, those WRC celicas are a crock of shit i reckon just a gimick to get buyers, go see both of them and get them checked out by mechanic then make ya decison, but dont let a WRC sticker make your decision for u...
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: 1993 WRC Celica Vs 1991 Celica SX Thu, 14 July 2005 23:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol i disagree with jorrs the wrc has extra options etc lol.. id go the wrc..
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: 1993 WRC Celica Vs 1991 Celica SX Thu, 14 July 2005 23:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WRC, if it's been looked after the engine will go for WAY longer than you will ever have the car

unless you plan on keeping it for like 20 years Very Happy
Rainey
Regular

January 2005
Re: 1993 WRC Celica Vs 1991 Celica SX Fri, 15 July 2005 01:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
As far as I know the WRC model is very similar to my 1992 SX, let me list some of the differences from the 1991 model you speak of.

WRC model
- Key coloured mudflaps
- Front fog lights
- WRC stickering
- Updated tail light design (black borders)
- 15" straight 5 spoke mags
- 5S-FE engine (less revvier than the earlier 3S-GE)

The interior is probably slightly improved for the WRC. My 92 model has the 5S-FE engine and many argue that the 3S-GE engine pulls harder through to redline, I have no evidence regarding this and I am more than happy with the 5S-FE engine's note and power, no complaints.

Personally I would go with the WRC model! Wink
Rainey
Regular

January 2005
Re: 1993 WRC Celica Vs 1991 Celica SX Fri, 15 July 2005 01:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I would also be a little bit suss as to why the 91 model has only done 125,000, its not always a good thing as the car may have been pulled off the road for some time, one reason or another.

As I am a perfectionist I would look for little things to judge the condition of the car, things such as original electric aerial (so many have been broken off by now), cup holders, original stereo, non-cracked dash and smooth electric windows.
Evan
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: 1993 WRC Celica Vs 1991 Celica SX Fri, 15 July 2005 03:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
These model celicas always..ALWAYS have screwed dashes.
Near the window always lifts up from the sun.
Seen it in every one i have come across.
Rainey
Regular

January 2005
Re: 1993 WRC Celica Vs 1991 Celica SX Fri, 15 July 2005 03:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Not mine? Cool

Nothing is busted or aged in my interior, but the centre console has a few small scratches from the alarm installation and the icons on the stereo buttons are starting to fade.
Evan
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: 1993 WRC Celica Vs 1991 Celica SX Fri, 15 July 2005 03:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
first one i have known about.
Must have been garaged all its life.
Rainey
Regular

January 2005
Re: 1993 WRC Celica Vs 1991 Celica SX Fri, 15 July 2005 03:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dunno but its in pretty neat condition. Looking at it really closely you can see that there is a normal amount of sun shrinkage wrinkles (ever so slight) but no warping of the dash itself.
Beej
Regular

April 2004

Re: 1993 WRC Celica Vs 1991 Celica SX Fri, 15 July 2005 09:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Evan wrote on Fri, 15 July 2005 12:45

These model celicas always..ALWAYS have screwed dashes.
Near the window always lifts up from the sun.
Seen it in every one i have come across.

mine doesnt either Very Happy 1991, 212,000KM's, and i put on everything from 176.....there are still some screw holes in the side of the centre console and near the centre air vent on the left or passenger side where no doubt gauges and the AVCR were mounted Razz (i found the wiring book for the AVCR)
buck naked
Regular

October 2004

Re: 1993 WRC Celica Vs 1991 Celica SX Mon, 18 July 2005 04:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I heard the WRC model uses the widebody GT4 shell, is that true?
Rainey
Regular

January 2005
Re: 1993 WRC Celica Vs 1991 Celica SX Mon, 18 July 2005 06:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I heard that too from god knows where, but after sussing it out, that claim is incorrect. WRC is still a narrow body. I reckon that information came from someone who was confused with the terms GT4 and WRC thinking they were the same thing.
clicar
Regular

July 2003

Re: 1993 WRC Celica Vs 1991 Celica SX Thu, 21 July 2005 01:01 Go to previous message
Well guys i bought the WRC the the celica with lower k's had a gearbox prob which would mean a new one ekkk. Various other things were wrong with it as well.

The WRC was in awesome nick best one i have looked at and i have looked at about 11 celica's in total. I got it down from 10000 to 8200 and has been serviced regularily every 10000 so it has been babied which is what i wanted.

The next question here is what kind of exzaust set up goes well on this car. I was thinking 2 1/4 piping on to hotdog then 3 inch muffler. What do you guys think?? I will also be putting a pod on at the same time so the car can breath nicely.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Who don't you let work on your car?
Next Topic:Removing Scratches - G3 Regular Grade Paste Compound
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 17:22:26 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0043790340423584 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.