Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » The Outhouse » Wave Aid concert - DVD: Silvechair (or silverchair in general)

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
st184 sillycar
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Wave Aid concert - DVD: Silvechair (or silverchair in general) Thu, 14 July 2005 06:18 Go to next message
Who's seen it?

Is it just me, or does Ana's song (open fire) make you feel a bit sick?

Also, how good is "without you" ? ! ? !

oh - since that was the "farewell concert" for midnight oil, do I have to get my spastik dancing quotient elsewhere now? Very Happy
  Send a private message to this user    
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Wave Aid concert - DVD: Silvechair (or silverchair in general) Thu, 14 July 2005 06:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my sisters go it on DVD haven't watched it yet ANA's song is about his battle with anorexia, so it should atleast mean something unlike most of their songs, imo daniel john is off his face most of the time and can't write lyrics that actually make sense.
"You brighten my life like a polystyrine hat" i mean wtf.
My sister loves silverchair but i can't stand 90% of the songs.
st184 sillycar
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Wave Aid concert - DVD: Silvechair (or silverchair in general) Thu, 14 July 2005 06:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm not a fan, as such - but I've gotta admit He's a clever little sonnovabeeatch . . . I think those guys are straight whenever I've seen them on video/TV too - just that Daniel's a weird mofo . . . .

Watch it - Disc2 - Powderfinger do a fairly good set (if a bit girly) and the 'Oils haven't lost it either. Ana's song tho - I've never heard "Pained, tormented soul" expressed as a Pre-Verse guitar riff before that . . . . disturbingly good . . in a bad/good way . . . . . . . . Confused Sad Confused Smile Confused Sad Confused Smile Confused

[Updated on: Thu, 14 July 2005 06:48]

Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Wave Aid concert - DVD: Silvechair (or silverchair in general) Thu, 14 July 2005 06:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I am a fan of the finger though, prefer internationalist and odyssey no.5 to Vulture Street. Couple good songs off double allergic, Parables for woodens ears is pretty average.
Hehe i don't mid the oils, go the funky dancing.
Squid
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: Wave Aid concert - DVD: Silvechair (or silverchair in general) Thu, 14 July 2005 06:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142 wrote on Thu, 14 July 2005 16:21

my sisters go it on DVD haven't watched it yet ANA's song is about his battle with anorexia, so it should atleast mean something unlike most of their songs, imo daniel john is off his face most of the time and can't write lyrics that actually make sense.
"You brighten my life like a polystyrine hat" i mean wtf.
My sister loves silverchair but i can't stand 90% of the songs.

Not all lyrics have to make sense, for example:

"Yellow matter custard dripping from a dead dog's eye"

Yet the beatles are still regarded as excellent song writers!

edit: remove html tag.

[Updated on: Thu, 14 July 2005 06:38]

st184 sillycar
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Wave Aid concert - DVD: Silvechair (or silverchair in general) Thu, 14 July 2005 08:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If lyrics had to make sense, then Dave Grohl wouldn't have had a career post-Nirvana ! ! ! Have you actualy listened to some Foo-Fighters lyrics lately ! ! ! ? ? ! ? ? ! ? ! ?
Major Clod
Regular

August 2003
Re: Wave Aid concert - DVD: Silvechair (or silverchair in general) Thu, 14 July 2005 11:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Check out JBT's set, that beach ball is mine!!

We travelled down from Brissie to see it... Found out about the concert and it was sold out... Thought what the fuck and managed to find a fella in Sydney over the internet who sold us four tickets at face value. Hopped in the car a day later and drove to Sydney, what a great time!
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Wave Aid concert - DVD: Silvechair (or silverchair in general) Fri, 15 July 2005 00:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
st184 sillycar wrote on Thu, 14 July 2005 16:18

oh - since that was the "farewell concert" for midnight oil, do I have to get my spastik dancing quotient elsewhere now? Very Happy

Don't worry, you can get more funky dancing at the next Midnight Oil farewell concert... and the next... and the next...
st184 sillycar wrote on Thu, 14 July 2005 18:01

If lyrics had to make sense, then Dave Grohl wouldn't have had a career post-Nirvana ! ! ! Have you actualy listened to some Foo-Fighters lyrics lately ! ! ! ? ? ! ? ? ! ? ! ?

Dave Grohl can get away with it because he's The Man.
st184 sillycar
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Wave Aid concert - DVD: Silvechair (or silverchair in general) Mon, 18 July 2005 06:29 Go to previous message
Have you listened to "Generator" lately?

It's a totally GROUSE song, but c'mon:

I'm the generator
Firing whenever you quit
Yeah, whatever it is
You go out and it's on
Yeah can't you hear my motored heart
You're the one that started it

Wha? Confused

[Updated on: Mon, 18 July 2005 06:42]

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Lindsay Lohan - no longer hot