Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Alchemist
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Electric Window Problem in 1994 Corolla Sun, 17 July 2005 13:19
Hi Guys,

My GF's electric window has ceased to function, in the halfway down position I'm affraid Confused

Now we went to an auto electrician to see if they could help us, basically the pulled the door lining off, checked the switch(was OK), then proceeded to hook up a battery to the motor to try to get it to at least wind up. No success, told us the motor was burnt out and we would need a new one.

Now not being particularily flush with cash at the moment and trying to get my gf's car at least with the window up(doesn't have to work) so she can drive it around and park places again I'm looking to try to fix this myself as the auto electricians prices wern't the nicest and pretty vauge.

Anyway pulled the motor and actuator arm out tonight, looks interesting Rolling Eyes But the window slides up and down easily The actuator arm thing is attached to the motor and it's stuck in the position it's in(I'm assuming that's normal?). There is a rather large spring on there too. My searching from the internet hasn't given me a lot of info except to be quite wary of removing the motor from the actuator arm as it's spring loaded. So....while I could quite happily order a new motor and swap it, I'm not too sure how to deal with the spring. So...I was hoping to ring up a wreckers and see if I can buy the arm and motor mechanism in one bit, or even a door....to avoid having to release the spring, and just change the whole mechanism(does that make sense?)

Here is a picture(don't have digicam handy at the moment so I nabbed this from a website), basically I want to replace the whole mechanism this guy has in his hand(is it called the motor and actuator arm?)

http://www.a1electric.com/install/s10/08.jpg

If anyone has any helpful websites or pointers I'd love to know. Also if anyone lives around me and has done this kinda thing before I'd love some help. It seems like it should be simple, I'm just worried about that largish spring.....

Failing that, is there any problem with getting a bit of wood the right length, quite wide, putting some rubber on the top and bottom and jamming it inside the door to hold the window up?

Last thing, this is on a 1994 Jap Import Corolla Sprinter, would parts on this car be interchangeable with a 1994 Corolla Seca, as they look identical.
  Send a private message to this user    
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:AE71 Corolla Aircon
Next Topic:Using a Turbo computer on a Supercharger?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed Oct 2 10:21:44 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0035011768341064 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.