Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Road rage... Mon, 18 July 2005 23:45 Go to next message
You know what annoys the hell outta me? People who speed up when you try to overtake them. This guy in front of me this morning was doing about 63 in a 70 zone, and I was in a hurry, so I slipped into the left lane, sped up to 70 to slot in in front of him. As SOON as I get ahead of him and flick on my indicator, the bastard speeds up, then flashes his lights and toots his horn at me in anger as I still slip in in front of him.

Gee thanks for letting me know you’re there buddy! I almost didn’t notice what with being stuck behind you and deliberately overtaking you just now.

Sorry, needed to vent. I feel better now.
  Send a private message to this user    
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Road rage... Mon, 18 July 2005 23:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what he did was actually 3 points and a $200 fine if i recall correctly.

new laws as of july 1st mean its an offence to speed up to stop someone from overtaking you like that
cannonball
Forums Junkie

July 2004
Re: Road rage... Tue, 19 July 2005 00:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I had an altercation with some old dude on the weekend.
I was in the Right hand lane, in standard chocka block saturday traffic travelling 45 in a 70 zone.
I wanted to stop at the servo about 3 k's up the road, so i put my indicator on, and prepared to move across into the gap between the 2 cars in the left lane, when all of a sudden, the old wonker in his big black BMW 5 series decides to close the gap, just enough to stop me merging.
Anyway, i cant accelerate to try the car infront, and if i slowed down any furthur i would've stopped, so i left my indicator on, and moved across in my lane, so he can see my intentions to merge. By the time i got to squeeze in , i was right at the servo, and pulled straight ouot of his lane into the servo driveway, only to be followed in by the old bloke, who proceeded to abuse me with a hail of insults about "cutting him off" and "nearly causing an accident". He then read out my number plate as if he was going to do something about it!! Razz

Prick was just upset i ruined his power trip.

All this time his wife was sitting in the passenger seat with a look on her face like "my god, he's embarrasing me again" Laughing
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Road rage... Tue, 19 July 2005 00:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Merudo wrote on Tue, 19 July 2005 09:52

what he did was actually 3 points and a $200 fine if i recall correctly.

new laws as of july 1st mean its an offence to speed up to stop someone from overtaking you like that

and what shakra did is also $200 and 3 points - overtaking from left lane Razz

but hey who is watching
b1gb3n
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2004
Re: Road rage... Tue, 19 July 2005 00:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
overtaking on the left is an offence?? even if u get a slow dude on the right??

anyway, nim, u should have thrown a bottle of iced coffee at his car Cool
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Road rage... Tue, 19 July 2005 00:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
b1gb3n wrote on Tue, 19 July 2005 10:37

overtaking on the left is an offence?? even if u get a slow dude on the right??

anyway, nim, u should have thrown a bottle of iced coffee at his car Cool

well its an offence for him to be remaining in the right lane, but yes, you legally arent allowed to duck into the left lane and overtake Rolling Eyes

rediculous.
lumpy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Road rage... Tue, 19 July 2005 00:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If all you've got to do today is find peace of mind
Come round you can take a piece of mine
And if all you've got to do today is hesitate,
Come here, you can leave it late with me.
You could be taking it easy on yourself
You should be making it easy on yourself
Cause you and I know,
It's all over the front page, you give me road rage,
Racing through the best days,
It's up to you boy you're driving me crazy,
Thinking you may be losing your mind.
If all you've got to prove today is your innocence,
Calm down, you're as guilty as can be,
If all you've got to lose alludes to yesterday,
Yesterday's through, now do anything you please.
Cause you and I know,
You're losing your mind.
You, you've been racing through the best days
You, you've been racing through the best days.
Space age, road rage, fast lane,
And if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind
Come here, you can take a piece of mine.
Cause you and I know,
But you and I know,
We all live in the space age, coming down with road rage,
Racing through the best days
It's not over, it's not over, it's not over,
It's not over, it's not over, it's not over, you and I know
We all live in the space age, you give me road rage,
Racing to the best days
Losing your mind

There you go.
Ribfeast
Forums Junkie

March 2005

Re: Road rage... Tue, 19 July 2005 00:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah it is called 'undertaking'. Doesen't stop me doing it as it is the only way to get past the frickin grannies dawdling in the right lane because the right turn to their street is coming up in 5kms.

We generally don't have problems with people cutting each other off like that up here in Newcastle, maybe because the roads are less busy.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Road rage... Tue, 19 July 2005 00:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Actually you'll find its only illegal to overtake up the left on a freeway, and being a 70 zone the guy still has the right to be in the right hand lane.
Read L's book it is only illegal to sit in a right hand lane in a speed zone of 80 and above if you are not overtaking someone.
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Road rage... Tue, 19 July 2005 00:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142 wrote on Tue, 19 July 2005 10:53

Actually you'll find its only illegal to overtake up the left on a freeway, and being a 70 zone the guy still has the right to be in the right hand lane.
Read L's book it is only illegal to sit in a right hand lane in a speed zone of 80 and above if you are not overtaking someone.

ok then mr. legality. Razz

But the fact of the matter remains it's just common courtesy to keep left.

Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Road rage... Tue, 19 July 2005 01:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Road Rage Rules!!! You want to see some road rage, take me in your car..
hamgatan
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Road rage... Tue, 19 July 2005 01:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
<<-- what he said! Laughing

i had a near grinding death with some stupid vietnamese prat in a hyundai sunday night. two lanes to turn left into walcott off alexander im in the outside, hes on the inside.. light goes green.. we both turn.. but this stupid fuckwit just merges into the outside lane midway through the turn effectively nearly side ramming me into the island in the middle. (thank my uber leet driving skills for saving my poopra in time by hard braking).. didnt even look, totally unaware he nearly totalled me.. god did that rile me up. threw my coke bottle at his piece of shit hyundai and left a nice dent for the cause. fucktard.

*vent over.. breathe in breathe out*
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Road rage... Tue, 19 July 2005 01:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I am generally not a road rager but two things really annoy me, one ppl who stop in a merging lane on St Andrews road and Campbelltown road roundabout, no matter what they can go round as there is a fixed line stopping the ppl from turning right entering the lane.
Second is ppl that come flying out in front of you on a roundabout and then preceed to do 50 up the road in a 70 zone.

Speaking of road rage, go in a car with my sisters boyfriend he goes off. Quite funny some times. Very Happy
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Road rage... Tue, 19 July 2005 01:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I used to really arc up then realised it wasnt worth it

i'll yell sometimes but not to anyone, only to myself, and only when im the only one in the car... usually if im in a hurry somewhere and some douchebag decides to do 40km/h in a 70 zone Evil or Very Mad No No No
WantaTurbo
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Road rage... Tue, 19 July 2005 01:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
U must be really throwing that coke bottle with some steam to be leavin dents Shocked Shocked spose it is a hyundai though.... Other day some stupid asian driver did probably the stupidest thing i have ever seen. I was driving along in the right lane heading towards a traffic light that was green and this dude was stationary in the left lane.... so i started braking thinking wtf is this dude doin ? then without any warning or indicator he just cuts accross my lane and trys to turn right ?!??! there was even a right turning lane and the arrow was red for turning..... Luckily the old gt4 brakes and abs stopped my car from damage Very Happy I proceeded to drive up past him and yell abuse and beep my horn :D:D it helped Razz
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: Road rage... Tue, 19 July 2005 01:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wish I had bottles in my car I can piff at people that tick me off. Only bottle I have is a 5 litre bottle of coolant, which I think is a little overkill Razz

What pisses me off the worse is people coming out from the sidestreet, doesnt brake, ignore the fact that you are on the main road doing 70 or 80 and merges straight into the right lane in front of you, then proceeds to do 50

Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad
b1gb3n
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2004
Re: Road rage... Tue, 19 July 2005 02:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yian wrote on Tue, 19 July 2005 11:32

Wish I had bottles in my car I can piff at people that tick me off. Only bottle I have is a 5 litre bottle of coolant, which I think is a little overkill Razz

What pisses me off the worse is people coming out from the sidestreet, doesnt brake, ignore the fact that you are on the main road doing 70 or 80 and merges straight into the right lane in front of you, then proceeds to do 50

Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad

bell st outside my place Confused
Ribfeast
Forums Junkie

March 2005

Re: Road rage... Tue, 19 July 2005 02:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have a nice 4D maglite in the back seat if things get ugly Wink

One thing that shits me is people that just sit in the left lane waiting to merge onto the pacific highway. The bus lane ends just before the merge point, and there are rarely buses in it. Cars never travel in it. So the left lane is always free, yet people still wait until ALL the damn lanes are free before merging in! AARGH!

http://ribfeast.no-ip.com/charlestown_road.gif

The car in red is the one I am talking about. I'm the car in blue Smile Usually theres a ton of cars lined up behind me also, it's a real chokepoint at peak hour.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Road rage... Tue, 19 July 2005 02:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes but it is illegal to enter traffic unless lanes are clear so the guy waiting is actually in the right. Wink
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Road rage... Tue, 19 July 2005 02:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ribfeast wrote on Tue, 19 July 2005 12:29

I have a nice 4D maglite in the back seat if things get ugly Wink

I have a mag light, 2x wooden fish dongers, a few wheel braces, a tow bar, a large shifter, a chain, a trolley jack handle all siting on the back floor in my falcoon for when I get over excited Surprised

[Updated on: Tue, 19 July 2005 02:42]

rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
wtf is a jabber? a punch line?
Re: Road rage... Tue, 19 July 2005 02:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i take the train to work to avoid all of the above Razz
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Road rage... Tue, 19 July 2005 02:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142 wrote on Tue, 19 July 2005 12:32

yes but it is illegal to enter traffic unless lanes are clear so the guy waiting is actually in the right. Wink

oh fuck come on man Laughing you're joking right....

i was going to make a post about how cool that diagram was but instead i'll address your post.

so you EXPECT the car in front of ribfeast to just sit there and wait until all three lanes are empty before merging?

If we go on a cruise and you do 1km/h over the speed limit can i beat you down with a copy of the road rules? Wink Wink Wink (figuratively, of course... no probationary measures need take place here)

[Updated on: Tue, 19 July 2005 02:50]

Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Road rage... Tue, 19 July 2005 03:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yian wrote on Tue, 19 July 2005 11:32

What pisses me off the worst is people coming out from the sidestreet, doesnt brake, ignore the fact that you are on the main road doing 70 or 80 and merges straight into the right lane in front of you, then proceeds to do 50

Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad

which is fine if it is 50 zone Very Happy ... just fang past them .. that'll learn them ...

seriously, there are no winners out of road raging, no matter how big ur mag light or how many tools u keep in your car.

ppl have been killed in road rage incidents ... so its best to just avoic any conflict where u can, even if the other party caused it /started it / provoked you etc...
Farkurnell
Regular

February 2005

Re: Road rage... Tue, 19 July 2005 03:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm with Ribfeast.
They do the same thing near my place turning left on Elizabeth drive at Reservoir road. They all want to get across so they can eventually turn right on Flowerdale. I'm pretty sure it says in the rules that ya have to turn into the very first lane but these pricks wait till the furthest away lane is clear. It'd be easier to go into the first lane and then move across up the road a bit.

Cheers, Greg.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Road rage... Tue, 19 July 2005 03:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
When turning left or right at an intersection you can go into any lane you want, unlike on a roundabout where you must hold your lane thru and out of the corner than change afterwards.
Ppl that really shit me are the ones that straighten out roundabouts shit yeah i'm cool not a prob generally but it is when i'm sitting next to them, occasionally i ahve had to mount a roundabout to stop these noobs from side swiping me. Sad
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Road rage... Tue, 19 July 2005 03:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142 wrote on Tue, 19 July 2005 13:16

Ppl that really shit me are the ones that straighten out roundabouts shit yeah i'm cool not a prob generally but it is when i'm sitting next to them, occasionally i ahve had to mount a roundabout to stop these noobs from side swiping me. Sad

you mean the ones that when going through a roundabout on the left lane (say its a two lane roundabout) they just go straight through and cut across the right side lane?

yeah that pisses me off to no end as well Evil or Very Mad No No No
Farkurnell
Regular

February 2005

Re: Road rage... Tue, 19 July 2005 03:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nah, I think you'll find you're wrong about turning into any lane.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Road rage... Tue, 19 July 2005 03:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nope. unless of course there is mutliple ppl turning in the same direction ie three lanes turning right then you need to hold your lane, but just a single turning lane at an intersection you can enter any lane you choose. Wink
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Road rage... Tue, 19 July 2005 03:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well whether you are right or wrong, nothings stopping the idiot from pulling out in lane 1 and then once up to speed merging over into lane two or three as they please...

all they are doing is holding up traffic, and pissing people off...

and angry people are more likely to take risks, speed or make mistakes

so they are the catalyst for a possible accident, which could result in a death!!!111one

SO NEXT TIME YOURE SITTING THERE THINKING LA LA LA ILL WAIT UNTIL ALL THREE LANES ARE CLEAR, YOU COULD HAVE KILLED SOMEONE!!!11oneoneone

lol
hamgatan
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Road rage... Tue, 19 July 2005 03:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WantaTurbo wrote on Tue, 19 July 2005 09:17

U must be really throwing that coke bottle with some steam to be leavin dents Shocked Shocked spose it is a hyundai though.... Other day some stupid asian driver did probably the stupidest thing i have ever seen. I was driving along in the right lane heading towards a traffic light that was green and this dude was stationary in the left lane.... so i started braking thinking wtf is this dude doin ? then without any warning or indicator he just cuts accross my lane and trys to turn right ?!??! there was even a right turning lane and the arrow was red for turning..... Luckily the old gt4 brakes and abs stopped my car from damage Very Happy I proceeded to drive up past him and yell abuse and beep my horn :D:D it helped Razz

yeah.. he missed me by less than half a foot on my left side..

thank god for the MA70 brakes and running up the kerb a little on the island..

theres two types of road rage. rage provoked by silly little things.. and rage provoked by life threatening situations. if he banged me sideways i would have gone over the island and possibly into another oncoming car.

so in my opinion he deserved it.
Squid
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: Road rage... Tue, 19 July 2005 05:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lumpy - now there is an oldie but a goodie! I love the way she rolls her r's. bloody horny when you start thinking about what she can do with her tongue Razz
cannonball
Forums Junkie

July 2004
Re: Road rage... Tue, 19 July 2005 05:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WTF?^^^
Am i missing something?
Squid
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: Road rage... Tue, 19 July 2005 05:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lumpy posted the words to Road Rage by catatonia.
lumpy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Road rage... Tue, 19 July 2005 06:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Squid wrote on Tue, 19 July 2005 14:57

Lumpy - now there is an oldie but a goodie! I love the way she rolls her r's. bloody horny when you start thinking about what she can do with her tongue Razz

She's definately got the grrrrrr factor!

river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Road rage... Tue, 19 July 2005 11:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

Cool1 wrote on Tue, 19 July 2005 12:42

I have a mag light, 2x wooden fish dongers, a few wheel braces, a tow bar, a large shifter, a chain, a trolley jack handle all siting on the back floor in my falcoon for when I get over excited Surprised

Wow, niced road rage kit you got there sunshine.

I got a 36-inch rubber penis that I hang outside the driver or passenger window and make sure they see it as they (or I go) past.

seeyuzz
river
FWDCelica
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Road rage... Tue, 19 July 2005 22:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
river wrote on Tue, 19 July 2005 21:27

I got a 36-inch rubber penis that I hang outside the driver or passenger window and make sure they see it as they (or I go) past.

seeyuzz
river

You a big big boy river! Laughing Laughing Laughing

Wish mine was 6 inches.
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: Road rage... Wed, 20 July 2005 00:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
36" massif dong... hmm
You've got a blow up version of Glen sitting in your passenger seat so you can drive in the T2 lane don't you River.
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: Road rage... Wed, 20 July 2005 00:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
edit: Double post. (Stupid Opera!)

[Updated on: Wed, 20 July 2005 00:08]

187_20v
Regular

October 2004
Re: Road rage... Wed, 20 July 2005 11:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeh the other day coming home from work
i was changin form the left line 2 the right and this dude thought it was funni if he change 2 the left and come bak and cut me off and brake when i was close and i was clicked coz this cunt was tryimg 2 make me cause an actident so i went off and drive beside him and started screaming and giveing him the finger , but fuk if we stoped at the lights i would of got out of my car and have some fun but 2 bad we didnt
lucky him Smile hehe
cannonball
Forums Junkie

July 2004
Re: Road rage... Wed, 20 July 2005 11:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142 wrote on Tue, 19 July 2005 10:53

Bit off topic for a moment, But just read the new demerit point scheme in the RTA, and it states that you lose 3 points for not keeping left on all multiple laned roads. Full stop.
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Road rage... Wed, 20 July 2005 14:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This happened to a guy last friday nite.

He beeped at aguy who pulled out infront of him so at the lights the who pulled out in front got out of his WORK UTE and punch this poor bloke 3 times and kicked in his door.

The puncher didn't think he had his name and phone number on his door.
fucking wanker.

the same nite i was heading into town and was in the left lane.

then this barina trys to come into my lane without looking so i'm watching it get closer and close till i'm 100% sure he hasn't seen me and speed up so we don't collide.

I was shaken up a bit and did react wrongly but i pulled back into the left lane in front of this barina and slammed on my brakes, then slowed down to 60 waiting for them to over take me and then pulling into the right lane and jammed on my brakes then took off at more than the speed limit.

I pulled up at the traffic lights and didn't see then at all i think i scared them.

I was litterally shaking i don't know why but i couldn't even talk normally. I needed a big hug after that.

#Fiend#
Regular

July 2005
Re: Road rage... Sat, 06 August 2005 12:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I was overtaking some 4wd the other day in my MaA61 and they tried to make me have a head on with another car.

I was going past them at about 130km/h (I had passed another car at the start of the overtaking lane and was trying to get the 4wd as well before the end of the lane as I had previously observed that they were travelling at the same speed as the car I had just passed <about 90 in a 100 zone>).

The overtaking lane was on a slight uphill going around a right hand sweeper so I was going around the outside of this 4WD and another car was coming towards me in the opposite direction. Anyway, as I drew next to the 4wd and was about to pass the car headed in the opp direction the 4WD made a sudden swerve or "jink" to scare me and (assumedly) cause me to have a head on, luckily I didn't hit either car and was able to round the 4WD before the end of the lane but I reckon I would have gone through a gap about 2 inches on either side.
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Road rage... Sat, 06 August 2005 12:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have a fit of road rage every day on the way to work. i drive 40 mins each way from where i live, and i get these @#%@#$^# 5@%^^@#^@#$#$ %@^$^ holes that pull out in front of me @@%% and other $%$#@%$@#% that decide to sit on 80 in the 100 zone. drive the absolute $%^$%^#$^ outta me.

sometimes i think i should go see someone about it.
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Road rage... Sat, 06 August 2005 12:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
river wrote on Tue, 19 July 2005 21:27

Hi,

seeyuzz
river

Yeah I dont think thats gonna save you though Confused
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: Road rage... Sun, 07 August 2005 01:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Haven't you seen Lock stock & two smoking barrels Cool1?

Hatchet Harry
http://images.google.com.au/images?q=tbn:rRayt9935AwJ:http://www.angelfire.com/ut2/pictures11/lockstock6.jpg
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Road rage... Sun, 07 August 2005 02:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Toobs wrote on Sun, 07 August 2005 11:51

Haven't you seen Lock stock & two smoking barrels Cool1?

Hatchet Harry
http://images.google.com.au/images?q=tbn:rRayt9935AwJ:http://www.angelfire.com/ut2/pictures11/lockstock6.jpg

Possibly?
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: Road rage... Sun, 07 August 2005 02:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hatchet Harry beat a guy to death with a 12" dildo which happened to be the closest object with which he could beat on the guy!
thu187
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Road rage... Sun, 07 August 2005 16:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WantaTurbo wrote on Tue, 19 July 2005 11:17

So were you in the middle lane which opens up into a right turning lane?
Or were you in the right lane which enables you to turn right?

I don't really get what you mean. You said he was stationary in the left lane so why did you brake? People would normally continue driving?
And you must've slowed down heaps if it was slow enough for a stationary car to cut infront of you in a 3-lane road?
I still don't get why you slowed down.. maybe you slowing down made him think this guy will let me through? Although it's still weird seeing as he didn't indicate.
thu187
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Road rage... Sun, 07 August 2005 16:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142 wrote on Tue, 19 July 2005 13:23

nope. unless of course there is mutliple ppl turning in the same direction ie three lanes turning right then you need to hold your lane, but just a single turning lane at an intersection you can enter any lane you choose. Wink

Yep, he's right.
Picture yourself in your car signalling left at an intersection. You can turn left, go straight or turn right.
So say there are 2 cars ahead of you. They do whatever and then you're the front car.
You're going to turn left. The light is green. When you turn left will there be any cars on the road going left when you turn onto it?
Nope, you're first. So you're free to pick any lane.

If there were two lanes and you were turning left and so was the guy on your right you'd have to stay in your lane or else you'd run into the guy on your right from the side.
WantaTurbo
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Road rage... Mon, 08 August 2005 03:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thu187 wrote on Mon, 08 August 2005 02:45

WantaTurbo wrote on Tue, 19 July 2005 11:17

So were you in the middle lane which opens up into a right turning lane?
Or were you in the right lane which enables you to turn right?

I don't really get what you mean. You said he was stationary in the left lane so why did you brake? People would normally continue driving?
And you must've slowed down heaps if it was slow enough for a stationary car to cut infront of you in a 3-lane road?
I still don't get why you slowed down.. maybe you slowing down made him think this guy will let me through? Although it's still weird seeing as he didn't indicate.

I only braked a little bit like 60 to 50-55 because i assumed they might do somethin supid which they did Rolling Eyes But yeah it was middle lane which opened into a right turning lane. I only slowed down a bit because the situation looked dodgy.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Road rage... Mon, 08 August 2005 03:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i tried very hard not to rage on the weekend on the way to go karting, i got stuck behind a Volvo and then an xtrail who preceeded to drive at 60 kmph in a 100kmph zone and the xtrail even managed a gut wrenching 10kmph around a 25kmph sign posted bend ie capable of atleast doing 50 round it.
Almost every overtaking opportunity saw cars coming in the other direction but as soon as it was clear i passed with ease.
WantaTurbo
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Road rage... Tue, 09 August 2005 02:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
10km/h round a corner Shocked that must of been painful they must of been close to stalling it LOL
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Road rage... Tue, 09 August 2005 02:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i know it was sad it was down hill too so i'd say if manual they had the clutch in. Oh and too top it off i had some bitch tailgating me as well and she was tailgating me even when i was doing 100-110 in the 100 zone yet wouldn't overtake when she had the opportunity befor and after i got past the xtrail.
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Road rage... Tue, 09 August 2005 04:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
she was just entranced by the sex appeal of the corona
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Road rage... Tue, 09 August 2005 04:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nah she was just a retard in a mirage. And i was very tempted to brake test her, hehe tow bars are cool Very Happy

[Updated on: Tue, 09 August 2005 04:49]

Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Road rage... Tue, 09 August 2005 05:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142 wrote on Tue, 09 August 2005 14:49

nah she was just a retard in a mirage. And i was very tempted to brake test her, hehe tow bars are cool Very Happy

brake test?

meh, the ultimate test to see if theyre paying attention is to just throw it down a gear and let the engine do the braking.

then you find who is paying attention and who is not.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Road rage... Tue, 09 August 2005 05:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
brake test equals phantom emergency braking, throw it down a gear hmmm 5th to fourth their isn't much engine braking there, i'd have to dropped down to second to get compression lock.
Smokey228
Forums Junkie

January 2005
Re: Road rage... Tue, 09 August 2005 05:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i had an incident where i was at the lights with a dum shit lady next to me. i was in the left lane and a she was in the right lane. she was goin slow as shit and my lane was ending, i indicated to merge into her lane and i was deffinetly able to get in. as i started to pull in she starts to speed up. i figured fcuk it, ill let her hit me. insurance will pay me out and im happy with that Razz. anyway i jus sliped in and continued to drive. she flashed, tailgated, beeped swore went off the chops.

that was the lite bit of it. i then pulled into the servo bout 15mins down the road and had sum old bloke that had nuffin to do with it started losing his mind over it, saying that i was in the wrong,that i shouldnt have been racing her? Confused and wat not.

thats when i lost it at him. really a funny story. ahahah

-------
jason
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Road rage... Tue, 09 August 2005 05:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tell us more!

what did you say to him?
#Fiend#
Regular

July 2005
Re: Road rage... Wed, 10 August 2005 06:18 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
:10km/h round a corner that must of been painful they must of been close to stalling it LOL

The other day I was following this 4WD up a steep winding peice of road that leads from the local beach up onto the headland, It has 2 true hairpins but this guy wsa going so slow I had to climb the hill in sections of 5 metres then stop because I was near stalling in 1st and didn't want to ride the clutch the whole way up.
Pages (2): [1  2  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:The Real Life Peter Griffin (Taken from hondaswap.com)
Next Topic:Bye Bye Bob Carr
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 00:42:38 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0096960067749023 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.