Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Bert
Regular

May 2003
brake calliper mount query Sat, 23 July 2005 08:38 Go to next message
hey fellas and girls.
got some questions regarding mounting brackets. i have s14 callipers for my ae86 and rotors. now im wondering how to make the brakets to hold the calliper to the strut. ill be getting an engineer mate to make them. i just want to know how others have mesured to get the correct offset and spacing to make the callipers even on the disc.

http://img330.imageshack.us/img330/4761/frontbrakefcbracket30dw.th.jpg
this is the bracket im talking bout

http://img330.imageshack.us/img330/5307/frontbrakefcbracket23xd.th.jpg
and this is what i want it to look like on teh strut

im not concerend with making them myself. i just need to know the way to measure it so i can give the info to my engineer mate
thanks for the help
  Send a private message to this user    
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: brake calliper mount query Sat, 23 July 2005 08:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i measured from the centre of the stub axle to the outside of the brake pad inside the calliper. then just worked out what offset i needed. Like say for a 300mm rotor, you would go 150 off centre. and if it was 32mm thick you would come up the required width. either do it with washers or cut up steel. taking the strut out to do it is a good idea Smile then you can do what i am and ship it off to the engineer and say "here make this" it will save you a LOT of money if you do the measuring etc.
Bert
Regular

May 2003
Re: brake calliper mount query Sat, 23 July 2005 08:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so i need to have the disc mounted to the hub before i can really do any measuring. thats not hard, just need to get the discs re-drilled to fit the ae86 hubs.
once i got the disc on then i can measure to the outside of the disc. but how do i know where to mount the calliper so i can get an accurate measurement to the strut.
hope i didnt just ask what you said, im bit confused! Embarassed
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: brake calliper mount query Sat, 23 July 2005 08:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you dont need to mount the disc, you measure from the centre of the stub axle on the strut, which will tell you ok, 150mm off the centre of the stub axle is perfect for the 300mm rotor ( working with round figures here!)

get what i mean? and then your offset (height) of the disc needs to be taken into account, which is where your packers come into play.
Henn
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: brake calliper mount query Sat, 23 July 2005 13:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
In the FAQ there is a thread on RX7 calipers onto a Sprinter. A lot of the measurements from there will be applicable.

Hen
Bert
Regular

May 2003
Re: brake calliper mount query Sat, 23 July 2005 13:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wheres the FAQ? do you mean the articles or tech docs section?
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: brake calliper mount query Sat, 23 July 2005 22:25 Go to previous message
inside the locked thread at the top of the list of threads:
http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=35782&rid=92&S=9cedaddd10e823383283f778b 39fa99c&pl_view=&start=0#msg_316747
cheers,
Charles.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Anyone with a jdm gt4 wiring harness?
Next Topic:Stud pattern (PCD) of Echo???
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 14:51:59 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0046260356903076 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.