Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Interstate Cruises and Events » Victoria » Sunday 21st Aug, Mountain Cruise and BBQ!

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Sunday 21st Aug, Mountain Cruise and BBQ! Fri, 29 July 2005 08:26 Go to next message
Here it is...

The Mount Donna Buang Cruise and BBQ!
Starting 12:30pm on Sunday 21st August, going untill 6:00pm or later.

Starting point: Rowan Road Reserve at 12:30pm
Come off the Westal Road Extension onto Rowans road, then take the entrance into the carpark and reserve. Should be a lot of parking available for everyone.

Leaving at 1:30pm
Everyone please be there by 1:30pm so we can leave.

The cruise
There's gonna be some twisty hilly road along the way. I think we might head up the Warburton Highway, that's allways fun. I'll be planning the actual route soon.

Break points
I'm gonna organise 2 break points along the way. Not sure where yet.

Destination: Mount Donna Buang - Warburton East
We should get to the mountain by 4:00pm (including messing about time). We will drive to the top and have a BBQ at the facilities they have there. Please bring anything you want to eat.

You can then cruise back at your own leasure.

NOTES
- Bring warm cloths, it's cold up there
- Fill your tank up. It's a long trip
- Bring a CB Radio if you have one

[Updated on: Thu, 04 August 2005 07:23]

Send a private message to this user    
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Lonely Racers Meet and Cruise Fri, 29 July 2005 09:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Real racers dont need girlfriends!!! Razz

havent you been studying your initial D
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Lonely Racers Meet and Cruise Fri, 29 July 2005 16:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Classique71 wrote on Fri, 29 July 2005 19:41

Real racers dont need girlfriends!!! Razz

havent you been studying your initial D

I try, I really do... but parts of it just don't make sense... like why that crummy 86 doesn't get owned by everyone who looks at it sideways. *puts on flame suit* *hides*

Anyway, you interested Stu?
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Lonely Racers Meet and Cruise Fri, 29 July 2005 22:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nope - i have the worlds most breakingest gt4 again - it most likely wont be back again here for a squillion years as per usual when anything needs to be fixed
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Lonely Racers Meet and Cruise Sat, 30 July 2005 04:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Classique71 wrote on Sat, 30 July 2005 08:48

nope - i have the worlds most breakingest gt4 again - it most likely wont be back again here for a squillion years as per usual when anything needs to be fixed

Damn man, AGAIN? If I ever decide to buy and modify a GT-Four, I give you full permission to stab me in the face till I die or change my mind.
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Lonely Racers Meet and Cruise Sat, 30 July 2005 05:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well i know what happened now at least - after a quick diagnosois by mechanic he can see it was welded + eventuually the welds given free

Dates back to whatever went on back with prevoius owners clutch failure - he seems ti think a piece of clutch had hit it and they dodgy repaired

otherwise - as mike can vouch for - the Gt4 is running teh awesomes
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Lonely Racers Meet and Cruise Sat, 30 July 2005 05:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Damn.

Anyway back on topic, anyone interested in this cruise?
Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: Lonely Racers Meet and Cruise Sat, 30 July 2005 05:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
stu remind me to bring spare boxers and a mop next time i come down or your up here and i go for a spin!!!!.

On other news i watched "torque" last night, dont shoot me it was the only dvd myself and B could find in the house and watching the initial d movie on a laptop wasn't really interesting....... I wanna get my bike licence again, please someone talk me outa it!
stradlater
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Lonely Racers Meet and Cruise Sat, 30 July 2005 06:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm up,
but it depends on what car as to when

You see

BMW = Teh Running = Cruise Whenever.

Celice = Ghey wit teh aidz = not running = cruise may take alittle longer..hehe
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Lonely Racers Meet and Cruise Sat, 30 July 2005 07:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
must be a celica thing stradlater Smile

im interested mate - just might have to grab the supra if possible

and joel - ill scotch guard the seats - you will be teh scareds now Smile

mr2 = no hope at all in current setup Wink
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Lonely Racers Meet and Cruise Sat, 30 July 2005 08:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AHH ballsacks. Just realised I'm doing something on the 13th (aren't I teh smart? Rolling Eyes )

So it'll be on the 20th, not 13th. Gives us more time to plan etc anyway.

Anyone know a good place to cruise back to?

[Updated on: Sat, 30 July 2005 08:38]

Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Lonely Racers Meet and Cruise Sat, 30 July 2005 08:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cruise must end in somewhere with either food , or coffee ..

every meet or run weve had for a while - except for ones witrh working barbeques result in food needing Wink

Ill leave it to you guys to decide - but not way out east somewhere inaccessable - thats a REAL arse to get to from here - and weve had milloins of east side meets
smashed_wombat
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Lonely Racers Meet and Cruise Sat, 30 July 2005 11:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Can those with girlfriends come along too? I might have access to a few good cruise maps too.

edit: me fail english? that's unpossible!!

[Updated on: Sat, 30 July 2005 11:55]

Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Lonely Racers Meet and Cruise Sat, 30 July 2005 11:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
smashed_wombat wrote on Sat, 30 July 2005 21:54

Can those with girlfriends come along too?

Sure, but bring enough to share. Razz lol

Yeah man, all welcome.
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Lonely Racers Meet and Cruise Sat, 30 July 2005 11:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bringing a girlfriend ? your not a real racer then! ( hugs Shakra and cries initial D style ! )

bring her along but she has to break up with you for the day Smile Laughing
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Lonely Racers Meet and Cruise Sat, 30 July 2005 12:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Classique71 wrote on Sat, 30 July 2005 21:59

bringing a girlfriend ? your not a real racer then! ( hugs Shakra and cries initial D style ! )

bring her along but she has to break up with you for the day Smile Laughing

LOL. What Stu said.
ROME_GT4
Occasional Poster

May 2004
Re: Lonely Racers Meet and Cruise - Update Sat, 30 July 2005 13:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
this sounds good.. are we talking Sat 20th of August?
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Lonely Racers Meet and Cruise - Update Sat, 30 July 2005 15:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ROME_GT4 wrote on Sat, 30 July 2005 23:48

this sounds good.. are we talking Sat 20th of August?

Oops Embarassed *updates thread*

Yes. Very Happy We are talking about the 20th August. Smile
fOOZ86
Regular

May 2002
Re: Lonely Racers Meet and Cruise - Update Sun, 31 July 2005 09:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you know i think if you made it a "forum whore" cruise, you'd get a bigger turnout Very Happy
Sabbie
Occasional Poster

May 2005
Re: Lonely Racers Meet and Cruise - Update Sun, 31 July 2005 11:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No Message Body

[Updated on: Mon, 01 August 2005 09:12]

Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: Lonely Racers Meet and Cruise - Update Sun, 31 July 2005 15:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmm an excuse to break up with the misses!!!....... Just kidding!
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Lonely Racers Meet and Cruise - Update Mon, 01 August 2005 04:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ahh crapolah. I'm now busy on the 20th aswell (at night). *sigh* This cruise has taken a kicking, and doesn't look like many are interested.

I might re-schedule for the 27th or just make it a day cruise. Great planning huh? Razz

[Updated on: Mon, 01 August 2005 04:27]

Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: Lonely Racers Meet and Cruise - Update Mon, 01 August 2005 05:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha just noticed the sig nim, nice work Cool
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Lonely Racers Meet and Cruise - Update Mon, 01 August 2005 05:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Clown wrote on Mon, 01 August 2005 15:40

haha just noticed the sig nim, nice work Cool

Heh heh. Yeah this is what happens when Mike and myself go on a sillyness rampage on MSN. We where talking about you twin charging your MR2.
Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: Lonely Racers Meet and Cruise - Update Mon, 01 August 2005 05:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
this wasn't last night was it? after mic gave me the link for the twincharged coupe?
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Lonely Racers Meet and Cruise - Update Mon, 01 August 2005 07:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Naw this was ages ago.

Anyway, anyone got any ideas for cruise/meet spots etc? Who wants to meet on the 27th? (I know this keeps getting set back, lol).
Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: Lonely Racers Meet and Cruise - Update Mon, 01 August 2005 07:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
umm i'll try make it down, prob with the white mr2!
stradlater
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Lonely Racers Meet and Cruise - Update Tue, 02 August 2005 04:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, I could make it. Probably will.
But I'll be in the BMW...
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Lonely Racers Meet and Cruise - Update Wed, 03 August 2005 14:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Okay, this cruise is ON for the 21st. Meeting near my place, then cruising up to Mount Donna Buang! There are BBQ facilities about half way up the mountain. Bring warm cloths, it'll be cold!

This is about an hour/hour and a half drive there.

Meeting up at Rowan Road Reserve. Come in from Rowans road off the westall road extension. We leave at 1:00pm people!

I'll lay out some schedules stops along the way for breaks. Probably petrol stations.
Hirogen
Forums Junkie

July 2002
      WTF is a jabber?
Re: Sunday 21st Aug, Mountain Cruise and BBQ! Wed, 03 August 2005 15:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You realise Stu is gonna be pissed about the distance he is going to have to cover on this bad boy?
Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: Sunday 21st Aug, Mountain Cruise and BBQ! Wed, 03 August 2005 15:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmmmmmmm thats a big cruise!
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Sunday 21st Aug, Mountain Cruise and BBQ! Thu, 04 August 2005 00:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Perhaps Stu should organise another GOR run then. Smile I'll be up for that.

And yeah Joel, it's a long cruise. Smile

So who's up for it?

[Updated on: Thu, 04 August 2005 00:13]

Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Sunday 21st Aug, Mountain Cruise and BBQ! Thu, 04 August 2005 02:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dunno if ill be able to come - due to distance now

i have no free 2 day weekends this month at all

GOR can be organised when the weather isnt horrible , and half you lot wouldnt turn up anyway Rolling Eyes
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Sunday 21st Aug, Mountain Cruise and BBQ! Thu, 04 August 2005 03:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Classique71 wrote on Thu, 04 August 2005 12:35

dunno if ill be able to come - due to distance now

i have no free 2 day weekends this month at all

GOR can be organised when the weather isnt horrible , and half you lot wouldnt turn up anyway Rolling Eyes

I'll be there.

Sorry man, I'll get together with Mike and organise another cruise over the other side of the city sometime in the next few months. I've been meaning to do that for a while, but I just don't know the area or any good cruise spots.
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Sunday 21st Aug, Mountain Cruise and BBQ! Tue, 16 August 2005 00:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Okay, for those who are interested (and there doesn't seem to be many of you) this cruise is likely to scale down. There is snow up Mount Donna Buang at the moment, and not only does this mean there is a charge to get up there, but... well nobody wants to slide off the road do they?

So I'm gonna organise an alternative destination just in case the snow is still heavy.
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
wtf is a jabber? a punch line?
Re: Sunday 21st Aug, Mountain Cruise and BBQ! Tue, 16 August 2005 02:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
omg snow! i can use my lock diff, roof racks and snow chains... yay
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Sunday 21st Aug, Mountain Cruise and BBQ! Tue, 16 August 2005 02:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i could put a high lift kit on the Gt4 , and steal takumis girlfriend ! lets just hope her mobile phone doesnt get reception so i end up on a frozen lake !heh - actually i got to see what this cars like on a kidpan/snow one day

i think that should be a 2005 late/ 2006 event - skidpan day in or something
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Sunday 21st Aug, Mountain Cruise and BBQ! Sun, 21 August 2005 04:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Okay, looks like the meeting point is infested with families (like, overflowing).

So if anyone still wants to come, PM me. lol.
fOOZ86
Regular

May 2002
Re: Sunday 21st Aug, Mountain Cruise and BBQ! Fri, 26 August 2005 00:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So what happened with this cruise? I like the idea of the route, reschedual?
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Sunday 21st Aug, Mountain Cruise and BBQ! Sat, 27 August 2005 05:37 Go to previous message
Yeah, it didn't happen (not enough interest). I'm happy to re-schedule. Perhaps for a day that ISN'T right after a night of me getting hopelessly drunk.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Toyota Rally Team Test (VCRS-5)
Next Topic:DYNO DAY!! 10th September!! CONFIRMED!! BENINCA DYNO!
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 12:20:31 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0062320232391357 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.