Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » The Outhouse » Corona RT142 v AE86 (5) 4 Vote(s)

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
cannonball
Forums Junkie

July 2004
Re: Corona RT142 v AE86 Thu, 04 August 2005 00:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Except for the Cusco coilover sleeves, i didnt like them much, compared to say a set of Noltec's. Everything else is pretty ace though
  Send a private message to this user    
MarioJ
Occasional Poster

Banned User

August 2005
Re: Corona RT142 v AE86 Thu, 04 August 2005 00:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MR 1JZ wrote on Thu, 04 August 2005 10:12

MarioJ wrote on Thu, 04 August 2005 09:33

MR 1JZ wrote on Thu, 04 August 2005 10:01

Merudo wrote on Thu, 04 August 2005 09:27

Didn't you know, there's a JIC coilover kit available for the corona Laughing

well thats fitting, becuase JIC coilovers are shit Laughing

why are they shit?

personal opinion mate...

Also they arent highly regarded as reliable or long lasting in drift circles...

a good street shock they may be, but for the track...well id rather my cusco gear ill say that much

Personal opinion? You can't say why. Its not like you have ever used them.
Their the same monotube technology used in cusco. + their cheaper -
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Corona RT142 v AE86 Thu, 04 August 2005 00:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MarioJ wrote on Thu, 04 August 2005 10:20

why are they shit?

personal opinion mate...

a good street shock they may be, but for the track...well id rather my cusco gear ill say that much

I have never used them and I am happy I havent, becuase I know of people that have and have not been happy with thier overall performance...

JIC stuff is cheap, thats its advantage...

besides you will cry if you found out what my Cusco Zero 2 Coilovers cost me...would really make you wish you didnt have JIC
lumpy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Corona RT142 v AE86 Thu, 04 August 2005 00:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cannonball wrote on Wed, 03 August 2005 22:40

OK
Very Happy Very Happy

This event that Corona is getting a LOT of mileage out of did happen, but

this was the first (ie onle ever driven round the block to make sure nothing fell off Very Happy ) drive with :-
completely new suspension with no real setup (shocks actually way too hard),
newly reco'd 2 way in new JDM disk brake diff,
gutted biasing valve so i had a heap of rear brakes and bugger all front brakes
12 year old tyres (i just checked the production date tonight Wink )
New adjustable anti roll bar on the rear, but pissy original item still on the front.
Oh, and an "eyeball" wheel alignment, that kept pulling to the right.
All this on unfamiliar wet roads.

So yes, it did happen, but.

It doesn't matter if you win by an inch or a mile - winning's winning.. Smile

Now the Corona owns you!

[Updated on: Thu, 04 August 2005 00:59]

Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Corona RT142 v AE86 Thu, 04 August 2005 01:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
When I grow up, I'd like to aspire to owning a Corona. Preferably an avante, but it may be out of my price range.

All those angular corners and anti-aerodynamic (it's a technical term) shapes just make me so happy in pants

Not to mention the awesome interior and handling characteristics, and the torque the 22R-E puts out that if not careful, will be snapping driveshafts and blowing diffs every second day...

Corona... I can't wait for one! Heart
MarioJ
Occasional Poster

Banned User

August 2005
Re: Corona RT142 v AE86 Thu, 04 August 2005 01:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MR 1JZ wrote on Thu, 04 August 2005 10:56

why are they shit?

personal opinion mate...

I have never used them and I am happy I havent, becuase I know of people that have and have not been happy with thier overall performance...

besides you will cry if you found out what my Cusco Zero 2 Coilovers cost me...would really make you wish you didnt have JIC

i didnt say their cheap, "its cheaper"(around the $2500 mark) , you sik pussy, just because you got ript off does mean shit.
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Corona RT142 v AE86 Thu, 04 August 2005 01:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message

My dream car would be...[ 22 vote(s) ]
1.An RT142 Corona with parts sent today from Pick 'n' Payless 7 / 32%
2.An AE86 with parts sent overnight from Japan 3 / 14%
3.Any other vehicle from the Toyota range 12 / 55%

This thread has really generated some interesting discussion Rolling Eyes .

Pity Corona RT142 had to turn the early parts of this thread into a web of lies Sad Thanks to cannonball though for clarifying the situation and exposing RT142 for the exaggerating fibber that he is Laughing

So far in summary we know that:

-> RT142 is a liar

-> The corona RT142 is a torque monster that should be entered in tractor pulling comps and only driven on twisty roads by experienced drivers, as all that torque could get you into some real grief if you are a newb Laughing (is the RT142 on the banned list of cars for P-plate drivers? Cause it should be!)

-> teh spoontah can nevah looooze

-> Tasmanians are odd (back the corona wtf!)

-> this thread has a bit more mileage left in it

[Updated on: Thu, 04 August 2005 01:09]

Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Corona RT142 v AE86 Thu, 04 August 2005 01:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Merudo wrote on Thu, 04 August 2005 11:01

When I grow up, I'd like to aspire to owning a Corona. Preferably an avante, but it may be out of my price range.

All those angular corners and anti-aerodynamic (it's a technical term) shapes just make me so happy in pants

Not to mention the awesome interior and handling characteristics, and the torque the 22R-E puts out that if not careful, will be snapping driveshafts and blowing diffs every second day...

hey no dissing the avante they come with IRS 4 wheel discs and an F-series diff, MA61 LSD conversion anyone, mate that with a 1ggte and your on a winning formula.
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Corona RT142 v AE86 Thu, 04 August 2005 01:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MarioJ wrote on Thu, 04 August 2005 10:33

MR 1JZ wrote on Thu, 04 August 2005 10:56

why are they shit?

personal opinion mate...

i didnt say their cheap, "its cheaper"(around the $2500 mark) , you sik pussy, just because you got ript off does mean shit.

mate, talking to you is like arguing with a brick wall...

I payed under $500 for fully rebuilt cusco zero 2 coilovers...

dont you feel stupid paying $2500 for JIC "magic" Laughing

you retard Laughing
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Corona RT142 v AE86 Thu, 04 August 2005 01:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142 wrote on Thu, 04 August 2005 10:38

hey no dissing the avante they come with IRS 4 wheel discs and an F-series diff, MA61 LSD conversion anyone, mate that with a 1ggte and your on a winning formula.

slight problem...

its still a corona Laughing

KE382TG: definitiely more mileage in this thread

p.s. coronaRT142 is a blatant liar...
86DRFT
Forums Junkie

July 2004
Re: Corona RT142 v AE86 Thu, 04 August 2005 01:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cannonball wrote on Wed, 03 August 2005 23:10

OK
Very Happy Very Happy

This event that Corona is getting a LOT of mileage out of did happen, but

this was the first (ie onle ever driven round the block to make sure nothing fell off Very Happy ) drive with :-
completely new suspension with no real setup (shocks actually way too hard),
newly reco'd 2 way in new JDM disk brake diff,
gutted biasing valve so i had a heap of rear brakes and bugger all front brakes
12 year old tyres (i just checked the production date tonight Wink )
New adjustable anti roll bar on the rear, but pissy original item still on the front.
Oh, and an "eyeball" wheel alignment, that kept pulling to the right.
All this on unfamiliar wet roads.

I do seem to remember though, that once i got onto the old Pac, a road i know much better, that there was a certain corona remained a good way back in my mirrors despite plenty of overtaking opportunities:roll:. Rolling Eyes Despite myself getting it sideways a couple of times.

So yes, it did happen, but.

i demand you get some decent tyres, set up the suspension properly, get a wheel alignment. then have a re-race against the mythological corona type R. do it for all 4age spoonter kind.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Corona RT142 v AE86 Thu, 04 August 2005 01:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
blatant pfft whatever. I was following screaminrolla who was the lead car, cannonball was behind me then puzzleman and whoever else was behind him.
This was along Wise Man's Ferry road, i had no idea of the way we were going so i had to push to keep in touch with the Sportivo, the road was wet and in some sections covered in moss. Both me and cannonball overtook a hiace at the same time, i gave chase to screaminrolla who had already overtaken him and stayed with him.
Cannonball and the others dropped back and at some times were not even visible in the rear view mirrors. They caught up with us after a few slow wooden bridge crossings.
The argument of unfamiliar roads is not valid as i had never driven them either and was basing my corner and braking marks of the car in front.
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Corona RT142 v AE86 Thu, 04 August 2005 01:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

I was following screaminrolla who was the lead car, cannonball was behind me then puzzleman and whoever else was behind him.
This was along Wise Man's Ferry road, i had no idea of the way we were going so i had to push to keep in touch with the Sportivo, the road was wet and in some sections covered in moss. Both me and cannonball overtook a hiace at the same time, i gave chase to screaminrolla who had already overtaken him and stayed with him.
Cannonball and the others dropped back and at some times were not even visible in the rear view mirrors. They caught up with us after a few slow wooden bridge crossings.
The argument of unfamiliar roads is not valid as i had never driven them either and was basing my corner and braking marks of the car in front.

That was an awesome read, it got the adrenaline pumping!

Was the hiace diesel or petrol? Cause if it was petrol I have my doubts about the validity of this story Rolling Eyes

Quote:

and was basing my corner and braking marks of the car in front.

Damn you mofo's must have been driving hard!

[Updated on: Thu, 04 August 2005 01:25]

MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Corona RT142 v AE86 Thu, 04 August 2005 01:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I still think your story has more holes than swiss cheese.... Surprised Surprised Surprised Surprised
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Corona RT142 v AE86 Thu, 04 August 2005 01:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142 wrote on Thu, 04 August 2005 11:08

*you're

also, it may be a winning formula, but there's one more thing you have to worry about -

aesthetics.

got to make it not look like a corona after that...

after swapping so much stuff to the point where it almost ceases to be a corona, you might as well put MA61 panels on it as well and make some distorted corona/supra hybrid monster...

or is that the dreaded corona type -arrgh?

teh cor0na can nevah l00se
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Corona RT142 v AE86 Thu, 04 August 2005 01:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ke38 i had never driven the road befor, many corners were blind and had no idea how tight they were hence it was a good idea to stick to a similar speed to the car in front.
Merudo, so changing an engine and a diff makes it a totally different car funny that so when you change your engine are you gonna change your panels to a JZZ30 soarer or a JZA70 supra.
And it'd only be a diff centre change as they are both f series,
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Corona RT142 v AE86 Thu, 04 August 2005 01:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

ke38 i had never driven the road befor, many corners were blind and had no idea how tight they were hence it was a good idea to stick to a similar speed to the car in front.

Ohhhh, then if he overcooks it into a corner and you do the same you can both crash Wink

We need to organise a head to head grip battle between the RT142 and the AE86. Keeping it legal and all how about a "Grip Battle" at an upcoming Wakefield hillclimb Confused
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Corona RT142 v AE86 Thu, 04 August 2005 01:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142 wrote on Thu, 04 August 2005 11:34

Merudo, so changing an engine and a diff makes it a totally different car funny that so when you change your engine are you gonna change your panels to a JZZ30 soarer or a JZA70 supra.
And it'd only be a diff centre change as they are both f series,

You get way too worked up over nothing...

ALL CARS HAVE PROS AND CONS

You like your car. That's wonderful.

I used to own a "tissue box" shape car as well.

It was called the MX-62 Cressida.

I loved that car too, most would bag it out.

But I would not talk it up to be a fucking sports car either.

It's just the internet.... settle down.

If you weren't so defensive and so much of a prick sometimes when it comes to things like this, you'd see 99% of people arent actually bagging your car out, theyre just having a little chuckle at its expense.

The corona is a great car for its intended purpose...

and going "ROUND DA TWISTIES" and beating a sprinter that was running in a new LSD, and had numerous other problems, was not one of them

end communication
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Corona RT142 v AE86 Thu, 04 August 2005 01:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MERUDO SHUTS THE SHIT DOWN!!!! Laughing
cannonball
Forums Junkie

July 2004
Re: Corona RT142 v AE86 Thu, 04 August 2005 01:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just one more right of reply please..... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

I think you will find that the instances we dropped away from youmirrors was when we were driving through RESIDENTIAL areas with usually at least a 70 if not a 60 limit (you did see the signs didnt you??) and while i may not have been exactly on the speed limit Rolling Eyes i refuse to blast through areas with kids/dogs local fishermen backing trailers out.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Corona RT142 v AE86 Thu, 04 August 2005 02:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
we slowed down in the 60 zone. Joo is just jealous cos someone siad you owned a little red bubble car Razz
cannonball
Forums Junkie

July 2004
Re: Corona RT142 v AE86 Thu, 04 August 2005 02:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ahh, what would he know, he was driving some bavarian thing anyway Laughing

Edit: you'll want to use the plural "those" 60 zones Wink

[Updated on: Thu, 04 August 2005 02:08]

4DaDrift
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Corona RT142 v AE86 Thu, 04 August 2005 02:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok
who here has owned at least oen of both cars wel ive owned a 4ac ae86 and a 4age ae86 and a 22re corona avante and a 2s-c corona avante
the 2s is a pussbox
the4ac wasnt much better
the 4age would eat the 22re
the 22re was torquey yet lacked high end revs (it seriously choked above 4200)
the 22re rt142 avante with irs yet no lsd handled beyond expectations once i ditched the remingtons for a sticky set of kuhmos
before it just lost traction both front and rear no matter what you did even with mild suspension mods
the 4age ae86 with no irs or lsd yet mild suspesnion mods and sticky yokahamas was more predictable yet not as stable as the coron
idsay the corona with mild suspension tweaks out performed the ae86 except in acceleration
they both had individual charateristics and id wish for the 4age power and reving ability in the rt142s chassis with lsd
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Corona RT142 v AE86 Thu, 04 August 2005 02:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OK, clearly the debate on which is better on the twisties and acceleration is going to be harder to determine than first thought.

This does lead to my next question though.

Which is better for pulling chicks? The RT142 or the AE86? It's good to have a car that impresses the fellas (i.e. tearing up the twisties), but what good is it really if it doesn't lure the ladies in?

Which is going to get the most bangs for your buck! The AE86 or the RT142.

Share your experiences with us Smile
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Corona RT142 v AE86 Thu, 04 August 2005 02:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oh how silly of me !

I forgot that the sprinter was the best drift car in world cuz takumi drives one.
I haven't been here for a while i forgot about that.
So i'd like to change my comment to this.

Sprinters are not glorified corollas they are a legitimate sports cars because the the number of doors they have.

They are unbeatable because takumi is also.
and everybody who drives them is cool and should get lots of chicks cuz they are awesome for driving a sprinter.

Also i'm a fool for not buying my dream car as soon as i could drive.
It must have something to do with the weather down here as those money tree's don't seem to grow in our cold weather.

Mookie

ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Corona RT142 v AE86 Thu, 04 August 2005 02:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shocked

Quote:

ok
who here has owned at least oen of both cars wel ive owned a 4ac ae86 and a 4age ae86 and a 22re corona avante and a 2s-c corona avante
the 2s is a pussbox
the4ac wasnt much better
the 4age would eat the 22re
the 22re was torquey yet lacked high end revs (it seriously choked above 4200)
the 22re rt142 avante with irs yet no lsd handled beyond expectations once i ditched the remingtons for a sticky set of kuhmos
before it just lost traction both front and rear no matter what you did even with mild suspension mods
the 4age ae86 with no irs or lsd yet mild suspesnion mods and sticky yokahamas was more predictable yet not as stable as the coron
idsay the corona with mild suspension tweaks out performed the ae86 except in acceleration
they both had individual charateristics and id wish for the 4age power and reving ability in the rt142s chassis with lsd

OMFG Shocked Someone with first hand experience sharing their views, unreal!
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Corona RT142 v AE86 Thu, 04 August 2005 02:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
meh, mr 1jz will agree with me here

just buy a soarer

rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
wtf is a jabber? a punch line?
Re: Corona RT142 v AE86 Thu, 04 August 2005 02:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wat if u have both?

http://www.carmarket.com.au/images/wagons/ToyotaCorona.JPG
+
http://www5d.biglobe.ne.jp/~agisoiso/Img-ae86-3_00011.jpg
=
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v380/Happymotoring/KE70.jpg
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Corona RT142 v AE86 Thu, 04 August 2005 02:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
why is it every man and his dog puts the word 'takumi' into every ae86 related thread...

*sigh*

maybe its because the only reason i bought my ae86 was initial D? yeeaaaah thats it...... No No No

ps. ae86's wont pull chicks. they are 80's, old, smelly, ugly, loud, squeaky, usually faded, small, uncomfortable cars that MOST girls find very unattractive.

pps. this debate is fucking retarded. who cares which one is better, or what fool overtook someone else on a public road. blah blah blah. i wish i could be an internet racer! woooooooo

ppps. guys who buy cars to pull chicks need more social skills. no one cares about the fat greasy guy with the white cap and 5 of his mates in the back riding in some POS neon colored penis replacement.... sitting on 22's.... 'wif da sik subz for da laydeez'.... fucking morons...
cannonball
Forums Junkie

July 2004
Re: Corona RT142 v AE86 Thu, 04 August 2005 02:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
And dats de end of dat story Very Happy
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Corona RT142 v AE86 Thu, 04 August 2005 02:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message

+

=

http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/7992/dvsttndv25de.jpg
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Corona RT142 v AE86 Thu, 04 August 2005 02:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how is the acceleration debatable it was clearly stated in the post by jackel, we are talking a 4ac sprinter here.
I also agree with mookie, i bought the car just over two years ago now two weeks after i got my p's, it was in good condition considering age and high mileage, but the suspension was pretty rooted. So once i got enough money i replaced it and was definately surprised by the massive increase in grip and the resulting cornering speed.
The car is by no means a sports car but it's handling is far from shocking and when driven moderately hard is pleasant, predictable (once you get to know it) and surprises ppl on how well it does actually go.
Personally befor i bought my car i thought corona's were shitheaps, (i was actually looking at getting a commodore *hides*)but since owning it the car has grown on me and is fun to throw around.
I have learnt a lot in it, how to control oversteer and avoid it when i need to, general maintenance ie oil and lots of it Razz

But alas like all things i have now finished school and work fulltime and at the end of the year will sell the rona and upgrade to something newer faster and more fun.

ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Corona RT142 v AE86 Thu, 04 August 2005 02:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing @ people who have taken this "Outhouse" thread seriously and consider the comparison to be legitimate Laughing

Just remember people YOU are NOT your CAR Laughing

rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: Corona RT142 v AE86 Thu, 04 August 2005 02:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just get ur self a AE71, its like a smaller corona and a 4 door sprinter Razz

Corona + Sprinter = Corolla Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Corona RT142 v AE86 Thu, 04 August 2005 02:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Merudo wrote on Thu, 04 August 2005 12:31

meh, mr 1jz will agree with me here

just buy a soarer

Ideally my next car will handle well of a base and i'll probably improve on that still. I'd prefer a manaul.
Possibilities for my next car are Renault Clio Sport, 180sx/silvia, R33 Skyline, Jzz30 soarer (cruiser), MX83 Cressida already with 1jzgte conversion (sleeper). i realise the last two are gonna be autos more than likely but they would still be fun

[Updated on: Thu, 04 August 2005 02:49]

ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Corona RT142 v AE86 Thu, 04 August 2005 02:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

Ideally my next car will handle well of a base and i'll probably improve on that still. I'd prefer a manaul.
Possibilities for my next car are Renault Clio Sport, 180sx/silvia, R33 Skyline, Jzz30 soarer (cruiser), MX83 Cressida already with 1jzgte conversion (sleeper). i realise the last two are gonna be autos more than likely but they would still be fun

Just buy an old Corolla and decimate all Evil or Very Mad and be a hit wif da ladies Laughing
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Corona RT142 v AE86 Thu, 04 August 2005 02:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you gonna sell me yours
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Corona RT142 v AE86 Thu, 04 August 2005 02:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing @ this entire thread

p.s. i agree with merudo
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Corona RT142 v AE86 Thu, 04 August 2005 02:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I just don't think you should be bagging a young kid most likely the same age as me) out because his car isn't some fully sick dori mobile.

he is doing the best that he can with what he has you'd think him being enthusiastic and willing to learn would be at least encorageable.

but no u guys just hang shit off him and i really don't think that's fair.

EDIT: i'm sorry but ppl will always associate takumi with sprinters same as how ppl with associate the dukes with 69 chargers.
same thing with that car from back to the future.

[Updated on: Thu, 04 August 2005 03:01]

ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Corona RT142 v AE86 Thu, 04 August 2005 03:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

I just don't think you should be bagging a young kid most likely the same age as me) out because his car isn't some fully sick dori mobile.

he is doing the best that he can with what he has you'd think him being enthusiastic and willing to learn would be at least encorageable.

but no u guy just hang shit off him and i really don't think that's fair.

Relax my little Taswegian buddy, I haven't seen any shots at anyone in this thread that contain any malice, a few people are getting fired up defending their rigs but it's all in jest.

Everyone can drive what ever they like, as long as they are happy with it that's all that matters Wink I don't think I have ever witnessed anyone on this forum bag out the value of someones car, which is damn good to see.

I drive a Corolla Very Happy if went through this forum defending the rolla every time someone had a tongue in cheek comment or different point of view I would be a very busy and angry individual.

Relax, be cool like Devastatin' Dave Smile

Edit:

Quote:

i'm sorry but ppl will always associate takumi with sprinters same as how ppl with associate the dukes with 69 chargers.
same thing with that car from back to the future.

People always associate good looking heterosexual men with corollas........and I'm cool with that Wink

[Updated on: Thu, 04 August 2005 03:10]

MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Corona RT142 v AE86 Thu, 04 August 2005 03:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i dont have to defend my soarer...ever...

becuase everyone knows its the shiz-nit!

that is all
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Corona RT142 v AE86 Thu, 04 August 2005 03:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ohk my apologies

i know i was pretty much exaclty the same as him when i was driving my 2sc powered SA63 and it cut a little deep.
I guess it was just me taking things to heart.

oh and just for the record my friend with his 4ac powered sprinter couldn't catch my old celica Razz

Mookie
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: Corona RT142 v AE86 Thu, 04 August 2005 03:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no one talks about corollas Confused Sad Rolling Eyes

saw a ke70 with a 18RC at the wreckers Shocked
cannonball
Forums Junkie

July 2004
Re: Corona RT142 v AE86 Thu, 04 August 2005 03:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ke382TG wrote on Thu, 04 August 2005 13:07

Quote:

i'm sorry but ppl will always associate takumi with sprinters

People always associate good looking heterosexual men with corollas........and I'm cool with that Wink

I always thought Tak was a closet Homosexual Rolling Eyes
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Corona RT142 v AE86 Thu, 04 August 2005 03:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mookie wrote on Thu, 04 August 2005 12:41

ohk my apologies

i know i was pretty much exaclty the same as him when i was driving my 2sc powered SA63 and it cut a little deep.
I guess it was just me taking things to heart.

oh and just for the record my friend with his 4ac powered sprinter couldn't catch my old celica Razz

Mookie

its ok mookie, someone has to drive the insuperior cars...
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Hehe yeah its all in good fun, oh i may come off as a bit arrogant etc i just like to argue and stir ppl up it in my nature.
Mookie thanks for the kind words, though not all of it is true. I am not really short of cash well not anymore anyway, just trying to save as much as possible first and then once uni's over at the end of the year i have three to four months to look round on weekends for a new/newer car.
I could go out and replace the rona this weekend if i wanted to but i'd get something that i probably wasn't entirely happy with and i'd have to borrow a bit more money than i'd like to.

For reference I am only 19 years old and loving it. This year i have enjoyed being apart of toymods becoming a member going on cruises socials, attending shit loads of drift events etc.
Merudo have you chickened out of the go karts or still going.
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Corona RT142 v AE86 Thu, 04 August 2005 03:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142 wrote on Thu, 04 August 2005 13:16

Merudo have you chickened out of the go karts or still going.

'

Considering i dont even have enough money to get to work next week i doubt i will be going

It aint a matter of chickening out, it's just a matter of reality.

money = petrol

petrol = going places

no money != petrol

no petrol = not going places

yarr. Sad

I guess I could train it down to EvilJack's place, since i was gonna grab a lift with him anyway, but I don't have enough money to participate, and I dont feel like sitting there watching unfortunately....

Another time, perhaps...
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Corona RT142 v AE86 Thu, 04 August 2005 03:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats cool just sounded like in some of your posts you were coming and then nothing, hehe i wouldn't be able to do it but my parents owe me 200 bucks from my birthday so i am using that.
I forgot i had to buy text books and so 300 bucks later and my savings account was below what i like to keep as a minimum. Yay and i don't get paid again until the 15th monthly pay sucks.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Corona RT142 v AE86 Thu, 04 August 2005 03:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MR 1JZ wrote on Thu, 04 August 2005 13:09

that is all

what about when ppl think its a silvia
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Corona RT142 v AE86 Thu, 04 August 2005 03:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeh i get paid fortnightly so i sorta know where you're coming from...

I really should just separate it, so i dont spend more than half in a week...

its just in my current arrangement, petrol and transportation to work + food takes up most of my money... and to be honest i was going to go to go karting, but forgot about it until you just told me now...
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Corona RT142 v AE86 Thu, 04 August 2005 03:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142 wrote on Thu, 04 August 2005 12:58

that is all

no defending there...i simply headbutt them Smile

see there is a good understanding between myself and idiots Smile
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Corona RT142 v AE86 Thu, 04 August 2005 03:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MR 1JZ wrote on Thu, 04 August 2005 13:31

that is all

did you headbutt the commentator that called your car a silvia that time?

that would've been too funny...

"oh and here comes the driver of that SILVIA now, into our commentating off-hey, what are you a-AAAGHHHHH *thud* *thud*

*microphone rustling*

ITS A SOARER YOU DUMBASS!"

Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Corona RT142 v AE86 Thu, 04 August 2005 03:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ke382TG wrote on Thu, 04 August 2005 12:37

+

=

http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/7992/dvsttndv25de.jpg

just to be a smart arse thats not an RT142 its an ST141 as it only has the single width headlight assembly as it doesn't have the additional driving lights Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

[Updated on: Thu, 04 August 2005 03:41]

MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Corona RT142 v AE86 Thu, 04 August 2005 03:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Merudo wrote on Thu, 04 August 2005 13:07

MR 1JZ wrote on Thu, 04 August 2005 13:31

that is all

did you headbutt the commentator that called your car a silvia that time?

that would've been too funny...

"oh and here comes the driver of that SILVIA now, into our commentating off-hey, what are you a-AAAGHHHHH *thud* *thud*

*microphone rustling*

ITS A SOARER YOU DUMBASS!"

no i didnt get too...

but it would have been nice to be able to Sad
chrisss
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Corona RT142 v AE86 Thu, 04 August 2005 04:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
corona RT142 if u r going to be such a tool about your dull car and amazing driving skills...

will u race my mates VN Spac 5spd with pod and extractors down the great ocean road....

he speaks the same sort of crap as u, ie thinks the VN is an "awesome" machine and drives like an absolute dickhead most of time because he is trying to prove who knows what!!!!

what is it about the rt142 that makes it so desirable????? I have not figured it out yet...been trying to convince my mate to sell the VN and buy the RT142 but for some reason he wont
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Corona RT142 v AE86 Thu, 04 August 2005 04:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mate the only tool here is you we are just having some harmless fun.
Um yeah you live in vic and i live in nsw and what you might not realise but if its a manual VN commodore is not as slow as you think, if its an auto they suck balls but manual aren't too bad.
Oh and most of the time i drive normally, i just like to get out on weekends and have a nice drive.

[Updated on: Fri, 05 August 2005 02:39]

Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Corona RT142 v AE86 Thu, 04 August 2005 05:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
YOU DRIVE A CORONA SHUT UP

Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Laughing
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Corona RT142 v AE86 Thu, 04 August 2005 05:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah!

driving a corona devioids you an option of an opinion Razz
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Corona RT142 v AE86 Thu, 04 August 2005 05:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
but it beats walking Very Happy , and unlike your soarer i haven't had any probs with it. Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Corona RT142 v AE86 Thu, 04 August 2005 05:10 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
MR 1JZ wrote on Thu, 04 August 2005 15:09

yeah!

driving a corona devioids you an option of an opinion Razz

Yeah but it does enable you to learn how to spell Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Pages (4): [ «  <  1  2  3  4  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Triumph the insult dog.
Next Topic:What have you done about politicians you hate?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 08:34:31 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0091300010681152 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.