Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » Rumours of an IS500 in testing!!

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Rumours of an IS500 in testing!! Thu, 04 August 2005 08:53 Go to next message
http://users.on.net/~nark/Speed-IS500.jpg
  Send a private message to this user    
Lench
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: Rumours of an IS500 in testing!! Thu, 04 August 2005 08:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shocked just too bad ill never be able to afford one lol
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Rumours of an IS500 in testing!! Thu, 04 August 2005 09:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rumours can remain rumours until Toyota officially releases it.
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Rumours of an IS500 in testing!! Thu, 04 August 2005 09:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if " toyota " release that - they will regain a shred of respectability in my books

Finally something with balls , not stupid poofy bodykitted craphouses on wheels
KYOTO
Regular

April 2004
Re: Rumours of an IS500 in testing!! Thu, 04 August 2005 10:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

just too bad ill never be able to afford one lol

Don't be so sure. Who would have thought that within 8-10 years other Lexus models (SC400/LS400) would have become so affordable. Jap cars lose value like nothng else...
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Rumours of an IS500 in testing!! Fri, 05 August 2005 00:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Actually Toyota is one of the best brands for resale value, and Lexus is better again. What have you been smoking? Confused

Have a look at what VS Commodores are worth if you want to see what depreciation is all about.

As for the IS500, rumours like this have been circulating for years. It would be cool if it happened but I won't be holding my breath. And even if they do make it I can guarantee Lexus Australia won't bother importing it, so no point getting excited.
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: Rumours of an IS500 in testing!! Fri, 05 August 2005 02:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i completely agree... i sitll can't believe AE92's fetch as much as they do and they are a pretty stock buzz box (no offence intended)
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: Rumours of an IS500 in testing!! Fri, 05 August 2005 02:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yer but i see what he is saying they are affordable... compared to bmw etc and id have a lexus any day over the bmw .. price being one reason haha
no_tofu_speed
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Jab what?!!?!
Re: Rumours of an IS500 in testing!! Fri, 05 August 2005 06:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alot nicer than the new IS200, which deviates too far form the original and looks uglish I think.

The rear profile, from the pillar onwards I am abit iffy on tho.
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Rumours of an IS500 in testing!! Fri, 05 August 2005 07:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Norbie wrote on Fri, 05 August 2005 10:09

And even if they do make it I can guarantee Lexus Australia won't bother importing it, so no point getting excited.

and even if they do, they will dumb it down so badly and put some XX-fe engine in it... BORRRINGGGGGG

toyota need to gain some integrity again and build some iconic cars again

Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Rumours of an IS500 in testing!! Fri, 05 August 2005 13:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Why? They're the most profitable auto manufacturer in the world, and they're doing extremely well in this country. You might not like their strategy but it's obviously working for them!
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Rumours of an IS500 in testing!! Fri, 05 August 2005 13:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sure, you cant argue with the numbers, but they havent made any notable cars recently

look at the 70's - 80's... so many hot models that have stayed true icons of japanese auto manufacturing... it seems toyota aust is quite happy being bland as potatoes since the mid 90s....

{edit} speelung correkshuns

[Updated on: Fri, 05 August 2005 13:52]

SEXY 16
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Rumours of an IS500 in testing!! Sun, 07 August 2005 02:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ae86drift wrote on Fri, 05 August 2005 23:51

sure, you cant argue with the numbers, but they havent made any notable cars recently

look at the 70's - 80's... so many hot models that have stayed true icons of japanese auto manufacturing... it seems toyota aust is quite happy being bland as potatoes since the mid 90s....

{edit} speelung correkshuns

one more bad word about potatoes and i will potatoe you garth
rossvw
Occasional Poster

November 2002
Re: Rumours of an IS500 in testing!! Sun, 07 August 2005 13:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Did anyone else see this

http://www.fast-autos.net/lexus/lexusis430.html

on a program on Discovery last week. Sounded pretty nice when they took it to a track.
jese1218
Regular

March 2005
Re: Rumours of an IS500 in testing!! Sun, 07 August 2005 15:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ae86drift wrote on Fri, 05 August 2005 17:17

Norbie wrote on Fri, 05 August 2005 10:09

And even if they do make it I can guarantee Lexus Australia won't bother importing it, so no point getting excited.

and even if they do, they will dumb it down so badly and put some XX-fe engine in it... BORRRINGGGGGG

toyota need to gain some integrity again and build some iconic cars again

And whats wrong with 'XX-fe" engines...?? 1UZFE is boring?? 1GZFE is boring??
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Rumours of an IS500 in testing!! Sun, 07 August 2005 22:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ae86drift wrote on Fri, 05 August 2005 23:51

but in japan, the vast majority of cars are completely and utterly boring and shite...

nissan march for example, there seem to be heaps of them around, but i'm sure i could run from traffic light to traffic light faster and probably carry more stuff as well!

the number of exciting cars here appears to be a very small percentage of the total number of cars in circulation..

but yes... affordable jap icons are every young aussie boys wet dream Razz cars i mean Wink

Cya, Stewart

Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Rumours of an IS500 in testing!! Mon, 08 August 2005 01:00 Go to previous message
The march is just a micra, isnt it?

and the march super-turbo is cool... its turbocharged and supercharged!

RESTECP!
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:engine tuneing
Next Topic:What are these wheels called?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 16:04:14 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.006537914276123 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.