Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
icon1.gif  Event Report: Motorkhana Sun, 07 August 2005 02:09 Go to next message
Have already posted one of these pictures in Members Rides, but I've got the rest up now so figured this would be the best place for it. Went out to Eastern Creek last Sunday to put the Corolla through it's first Motorkhana Smile

http://www.luc1d.net/images/car/motorkhana1.jpg

Was quite happy with the results considering it was only my second ever driving event, and the first that I've used my own car in. There was a fair variety of cars entered, including a few Minis, MX5s, Clubmans, Commodores, Sprinter, various rally/road cars and even a Porsche and Ferrari Shocked

I managed to finish 12th outright (field of 62 entrants), and also 2nd in my class, so I was pretty stoked Very Happy

Discovered that my power steering stops working after a few rapid, hard turns, so in all of the stages it was a big effort to get the wheel around, and also that my handbrake has very little ability to lock up the back wheels Sad

Anyway, the rest of the pictures are here:
http://www.luc1d.net/other/nsscc310705/

I'd highly recommend this sort of event to everyone - it's the sort of thing you can do in pretty much any kind of car and still have fun.

Oh - and for the record, I came in ahead of the Ferrari Wink Surprised
  Send a private message to this user    
ehendrikd
Forums Junkie

April 2003

Re: Event Report: Motorkhana Sun, 07 August 2005 02:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
very cool... the fwd rollas always own at the local motorkanas that i compete in Smile perfectly suited for quick handbrake turns

what was the bitumen like on tire wear? i have only done dirt ones so far.. i hear the bitumen ones are pretty hard on tyres
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: Event Report: Motorkhana Mon, 08 August 2005 04:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It wasn't too bad really I don't think.

This was held on the skid-pan at Eastern Creek, so the surface is actually very smooth. I'd probably estimate worse tyre-wear on a typical "spirited drive" up the Old Pacific Hwy or other such roads..
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Event Report: Motorkhana Mon, 08 August 2005 04:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the surfcae there is great, i did an advanced driver training course there and pretty much had no tyre wear from it. My sis's boyfriend said when he did his he destroyed his tyres.
ae86trueno
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Event Report: Motorkhana Mon, 08 August 2005 06:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I ran our shitbox Excel as the rallycar was stil in bits and finished 10th O/R beating alot of more expensive cars,
(the car has cost $500 so far) light wieght FWD cars are great for Khana's and heaps of fun too..

We ran old rally Tyres on the front and really worn hard road tyres on the rear, which gave us an abundant amount of grip in the front and none in the rear which ment we could spin the car on itself with a simple pull of the handbrake while keeping the boot into it Very Happy
The rally tyres took a beating but if you saw the amount of lean on the car and how hard i was pushing it was understandable.

In summing up its a great cheap day sideways for $45 !!

Ben.
ae86trueno
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Event Report: Motorkhana Mon, 08 August 2005 06:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://www.luc1d.net/other/nsscc310705/IMG_6693.JPG

Note the amount of rubber being deposited on the front Mudflaps as i rip up the handbrake to spin around the cone Razz

Ben.
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: Event Report: Motorkhana Mon, 08 August 2005 07:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hehhe.. Ben - I also have some video footage as well. I'll take a look to see whether you feature at all or not Razz
CoronaC
Regular

June 2004
Re: Event Report: Motorkhana Wed, 10 August 2005 19:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Do you need a CAMS licence to do this? or is it open to all kind of thing?

Sounds like it would good bit of fun, where do ya find out about these events?

cheers
chris
ehendrikd
Forums Junkie

April 2003

Re: Event Report: Motorkhana Wed, 10 August 2005 23:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yep need a cams licence

but if you only intend to do motorkanas you can go for a L2N (level 2 non-speed) licence which is half the price of the speed licence (about $40 a year for the L2N licence i think)
CoronaC
Regular

June 2004
Re: Event Report: Motorkhana Thu, 11 August 2005 21:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Would like to go for the Level 2 speed licence, just has few more options, where do ya find these events? just go to the cams website?

cheers
chris
ehendrikd
Forums Junkie

April 2003

Re: Event Report: Motorkhana Thu, 11 August 2005 23:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well you also have to be a member of a cams afiliated club, can find one here

http://www.cams.com.au/Content.asp?PageID=Clubs

each club usually hold their own events and will let you know about them if you are a member. also your club may get invited to race at other club's events as well Smile
brann
Newcomer

June 2005
Re: Event Report: Motorkhana Fri, 19 August 2005 12:41 Go to previous message
Most clubs generally run them as a multi-club event. More chance to get a bigger field for the event. Smile

Motorkhana this sunday at Ansell Park. It's being run by Thornleigh Car Club. Should be a ball Smile

Our club has a couple of Motorkana's comming up in October/November
both on Tar/Concrete. See http://www.hdcc.com.au/ for the calendar of events.

Cheers,
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Track Days - Eastern Creek
Next Topic:5ME completely uber f*cked!!!!
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 14:12:32 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0059900283813477 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.