Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Interstate Cruises and Events » Victoria » Drift meet at calder, wednesday 17/08/05

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
DRFTAE86
Regular

May 2004
Re: Drift meet at calder, wednesday 17/08/05 Fri, 19 August 2005 02:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I just got my new "D1 SPEC" steering wheel spacer/snap off lock kit from Justjap.com

Well worth it for $69. Smile
Adds approx 7cm more clearance. So less chance of hitting that indicator (out the window). Laughing

And taking off the wheel in 2seconds is fun for sum reason. Very Happy

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y154/DRFTAE86/d1specsteerqr4.jpg
  Send a private message to this user    
shinybluesteel
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002
Re: Drift meet at calder, wednesday 17/08/05 Fri, 19 August 2005 03:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
looks cool, how sloppy does it fit?

seem sturdily made? do the screws go into aluminium? wonder if it would fit my cheapo autotechnica steering wheel.
LiL_MiC
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Drift meet at calder, wednesday 17/08/05 Fri, 19 August 2005 03:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That trueno coupe looked cool. I wanted to see how everyone was going cos there were so many sprinters. Was in the beginners section for a little while and didn't really get to watch the other sprinters do their rounds as they probably weren't there yet or were doing it when I was on my way back from my lap.

Then I decided to go to the other side where Henn was ripping it up good! Sorry for the spin in that last run before the comps started Henn.

I'm glad my car made it back in one piece, just badluck for my rear tyres as they are no good hehe. And hmm, my 2 month old? C-drives on the front overheated! just slight edges of the tread area were melted. Has anyone used a539's on the track? How'd they go? I mean my C-drives were on the front, I wasn't that harsh to them!

I was in the two toned silver/blue sprinter by the way.
DRFTAE86
Regular

May 2004
Re: Drift meet at calder, wednesday 17/08/05 Fri, 19 August 2005 03:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shinybluesteel wrote on Fri, 19 August 2005 13:25

looks cool, how sloppy does it fit?

seem sturdily made? do the screws go into aluminium? wonder if it would fit my cheapo autotechnica steering wheel.

Sloppy?.... It fits perfectly. Smile

Yeh its sturdy and ur supplied with screws to bolt the steerin wheel to the spacer. And u use ur old bolts that came with your boss kit to bolt the spacer to the boss kit.

It fits 2 different bolt patterens. so it should fit the autotechnice wheel.
Henn
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Drift meet at calder, wednesday 17/08/05 Fri, 19 August 2005 05:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LiL_MiC wrote on Fri, 19 August 2005 13:42

Sorry for the spin in that last run before the comps started Henn.

I didn't notice at all so don't worry... I mean... you bastard that must have been why I spun out in that battle... Razz

LiL_MiC wrote on Fri, 19 August 2005 13:42

Has anyone used a539's on the track? How'd they go?

I ran A539s up til recently and I think they were pretty good. Better than the Eagle F1s I now have on in my opinion. I find the outside edges always get flogged out quickly whatever I use though, probably due to understeer due to bad alignment/setup/skills.

Hen
toyoda
Regular

November 2003
Re: Drift meet at calder, wednesday 17/08/05 Fri, 19 August 2005 05:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ShiRi wrote on Thu, 18 August 2005 22:48

toyoda wrote on Thu, 18 August 2005 12:53

shiri how is your car coming ? will u be out there?

not looking too good luke... i keep saying i'll be there, but things DON'T work out how they should... it's such a bitch that my car is so close to being finished but i just can't fucking finish it

piece of shit car... i should just throw it away

does anyone have adams number? (improvedae86) if so can they pm me? i really need to contact him

haha tell me about it, ive said id be out b4 but crap comes up... always fines Sad and not even good fines... fines like parking haha
Instigator_PsY
Regular

December 2003
Re: Drift meet at calder, wednesday 17/08/05 Fri, 19 August 2005 06:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Had a fun time out there was my first time out there and my car was not ready, My front struts are being shortened for the short stroke shocks and the shorter TRD springs (8kg/mm) so i was running a spare stock set up though in the back i had 6kg/mm and tokico SS shocks.
At low entry speed it was some what controllable but at higher speeds it was snap oversteer and the bald rear tyres didnt help, i got the hange of towards the end (counter steer real early).

Great to see many sprinters out there and do very well!! Surprised
Thanks ShinyBlueSteel for helping me with the grinding in the front wheel (Turned out to be a stone stuck between the dust cover and the rotor)

Cant wait for next month! These events should be on more often I say.

[Updated on: Wed, 31 August 2005 07:20]

LiL_MiC
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Drift meet at calder, wednesday 17/08/05 Sat, 20 August 2005 02:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The C-drives are meant to be the replacement model for the A539. And yeah I didn't experience any real understeer. Never would've thought they would overheat just from some stop and go. They were however, maintaining their grip at least.

Anyone got pics of me or even clips! I should remember to bring camera next time grr

[Updated on: Sat, 20 August 2005 02:10]

improvedae86
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Drift meet at calder, wednesday 17/08/05 Sat, 20 August 2005 06:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nothing to do with drifto , but after years of using the a539 i have since moved to the c drive on both the bmw's . At the start i thought that the c drive was much louder , and the dry grip level was much better , and the wet much worst . But after a few thousand ks the c drive really got alot better , wet grip levels where way better than the s539 which was a really surprise , and the noise seem to go too . Dry grip level is still very good for a tyre with so much tread depth Smile Wouldnt go back to a539's now .
Intensevil
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Drift meet at calder, wednesday 17/08/05 Sat, 20 August 2005 16:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
couldnt make it to this one coz i had an assignment due... which i ended up not doing Mad

anyway if i get my shit together i might be able to get out there for the next one but i wont be sporting the toyota flag Razz
If u see a guy out there in a s1 rx7 with a huge grin on his face come say hi Very Happy
devolutio
Regular

October 2004
Re: Drift meet at calder, wednesday 17/08/05 Sun, 21 August 2005 07:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
crappy dark video of me on beginners corner

http://web.aanet.com.au/devolutio/dorifto.wmv
gearb0x
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Drift meet at calder, wednesday 17/08/05 Wed, 31 August 2005 02:44 Go to previous message
does anyone know when the date of the next one is?

There are 2 different dates on the full lock forums and the full lock website?
Pages (2): [ «  <  1  2]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Rally of melbourne. this weekend!!!
Next Topic:Chasers Dyno Day - 28th August 05
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 09:34:44 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0049030780792236 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.