Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
magicmitch
Forums Junkie

April 2004
SHOTGUN!! The Rules Wed, 10 August 2005 02:23 Go to next message
http://www.shotgunrules.com/index.shtml

above r the rules to the almighty shotgun...
me and my mates have some variations

- in the act of 2 passengers calling "shotgun" at the same time the first person to repeat the "shotgun" gets the front seat

-"shotgun" must b heard by the driver

-driver can over rule any "shotgun" call

i think we have more but i cantthink atm..

wat r ur guys shotgun rules??
  Send a private message to this user    
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: SHOTGUN!! The Rules Wed, 10 August 2005 02:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
In the event of two people calling shotgun simultaneously I let them wrestle for the seat.

I have a two seater so only one passenger seat, shotgun is rarely an issue Wink A ride in my car is invite only Very Happy
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: SHOTGUN!! The Rules Wed, 10 August 2005 02:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i drive so there ain't no rules, i let the passengers fight it out as to who sits in the front seat if i give anyone lifts, but generally upon my direction i stick the largest read fattest or tallest person up front as they need the extra room.
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: SHOTGUN!! The Rules Wed, 10 August 2005 02:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
In my soarer the smallest person sits in the back, it's just not fair otherwise... I've sat in the back of a silvia, so I feel the tall people's pain of sitting in the back of a tiny coupe
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: SHOTGUN!! The Rules Wed, 10 August 2005 02:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It's understood amongst my mates that we abide by the "offside rule" when playing "shotgun".

The offside rule is such that any person wishing to claim "shotgun" that they be a distance equal to or greater than the driver to his/her car. If a person is to call "shotgun" and they are closer to the car than its driver then it is not a valid call.

The purpose for this rule is to stop idiots racing miles ahead of the group on the way back to the car simply to claim the passenger seat. Or to stop people who happen to be at the car already from having a major advantage in claiming it.

Cool
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: SHOTGUN!! The Rules Wed, 10 August 2005 02:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
when i had my cressida people wanted to sit in the back because of how comfortable it was.

cushy velour seats, with adjustable headrests and an armrest?

people preferred to sit there than in the front Wink
magicmitch
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: SHOTGUN!! The Rules Wed, 10 August 2005 03:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

The offside rule is such that any person wishing to claim "shotgun" that they be a distance equal to or greater than the driver to his/her car. If a person is to call "shotgun" and they are closer to the car than its driver then it is not a valid call.

nice rule..
those type of ppl r also known as the "shotgun gaper"
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: SHOTGUN!! The Rules Wed, 10 August 2005 03:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, it's a good one... i don't know where it came from, whether one of us thought it up or it was passed on by someone else. Probably the latter, but meh.

I find that the more rules the better. Because it then often turns into a debate about the legalities of calls and whether certain rules apply in specific situations. It's also then a game of skill to obtain the passenger seat and when you get it it's so much sweeter. Very Happy
unforgiven
Forums Junkie

February 2005
Re: SHOTGUN!! The Rules Wed, 10 August 2005 03:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I get shotgun...anyone who argue's cops a forced cleveland steamer.
joorsh
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: SHOTGUN!! The Rules Wed, 10 August 2005 03:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That's pretty much the way we play it, except when calling shoptgun you must be on your way to the car for the trip - that way people can't call shotgun for tomorrow's car trip or whatever. We also say the car must be in sight for the call to be valid.
86DRFT
Forums Junkie

July 2004
Re: SHOTGUN!! The Rules Wed, 10 August 2005 07:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
unforgiven wrote on Wed, 10 August 2005 13:25

I get shotgun...anyone who argue's cops a forced cleveland steamer.

pick that one up from a gaybar?
Benjamin
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: SHOTGUN!! The Rules Wed, 10 August 2005 09:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If there is a full car and once shotgun has been called, someone might call "Tommy gun"
Meaning a side seat in the back, Dick Tracey style...
h3ff44
Forums Junkie

February 2005
Re: SHOTGUN!! The Rules Wed, 10 August 2005 09:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha tommy gun lol
magicmitch
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: SHOTGUN!! The Rules Wed, 10 August 2005 10:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh shit

how could i forget..

we have the recall rule
-the driver may say recall at any time which cancels out any other "shotgunning"

it makes it quite fun..ppl say recall insted of shotgun as they r listening for a word and then sayin another which is confusing for some ppl...its pretty funny

for example

passenger 1- SHOTGUN!!
driver-oh nice one u really recall got him...
passenger 2- recall....
passenger 1- SHOTGUN!!
passenger 2 - shit!!
sucker!!!
Farkurnell
Regular

February 2005

Re: SHOTGUN!! The Rules Thu, 11 August 2005 00:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142 wrote on Wed, 10 August 2005 12:31

i stick the largest read fattest or tallest person up front as they need the extra room.

I always knew me being fat had it's advantages.

Cheers, Greg.
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
icon10.gif  Re: SHOTGUN!! The Rules Thu, 11 August 2005 01:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rule 137 (b) iv.

In the event that two (or more) passengers fight for shotgun positioning and they inadvertantly:

1) scratch
2) knock
3) bump
4) in any way do damage to your car,

the driver is allowed to do any the following:

1) leave the offending passenger at the kerb
2) leave both passenges on the kerb
3) take both passengers after allocating seating positions
4) shoot offending pasenger
5) shoot both passengers
6) drive poofaced at his passengers all the way home ...

Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: SHOTGUN!! The Rules Thu, 11 August 2005 01:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i choose option six Laughing
-gt-
Regular

I Supported Toymods

October 2004
Re: SHOTGUN!! The Rules Thu, 11 August 2005 02:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Got to have a visual on the car for a call to be valid, and the (acting) wife of the driver gets automatic priority.

Simdog, like the offside rule, going to start using that one.

GT
WantaTurbo
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: SHOTGUN!! The Rules Thu, 11 August 2005 02:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
For shotgun we added the rule of a second person being able to call 'jenkin' (rock, sissor, paper) to challenge for the front seat. This adds the extra bit of earning the front seat Smile Also if you're the person who challenges for shotgun and u lose the jenkin u get last choice of sittin position. We also introduced calling bags not bitch once shotgun has been called this is so u dont get the bitch middle back seat spot Razz
86DRFT
Forums Junkie

July 2004
Re: SHOTGUN!! The Rules Thu, 11 August 2005 02:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah we say 'shotgun not bitch' to avoid the bitch middle seat too.
st184 sillycar
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: SHOTGUN!! The Rules Thu, 11 August 2005 02:36 Go to previous message
magicmitch wrote on Wed, 10 August 2005 13:19

[SIZE=4

Offside Rule:[/SIZE]SIMDOG wrote:]The offside rule is such that any person wishing to claim "shotgun" that they be a distance equal to or greater than the driver to his/her car. If a person is to call "shotgun" and they are closer to the car than its driver then it is not a valid call.

nice rule..

Why the hell didn't I know about that rule 8 years ago?!?!?!?!?! Mad Mad Mad Mad

Brilliant! Very Happy (guess I'm just not a soccer fan)

We always used to (still do) play by the line-of-sight rule, regardless. This was brought in to supplement the outdoors rule, to curb one "shotgun gaper" in particular.

It was spectacularly effective, as the prime gaper (Cam) was only willing to do the Five Metre burst-sprint to get out a door for the "Shotgun Call", and not the 50-200m run to get line of sight.

Naturally, someone has to hear the call, and driver has final say in all circumstances. On long trips, if people aren't mature enough to share the sweet-sweet legroom upfront around fairly, they can just fuck off. Shocked

As John Lennon once sang: . . . (you'd) Better recognise your brothers. . . . Everyone you meet.

oh - p.s.
a) Second-place call is "Not behind driver"
b) Third -place call is "Not in the middle"
c) Last - place call is "Damn!"
(note: "not-behind driver" is an automatic "Not in the middle" call)
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Bye Bye Bob Carr
Next Topic:House
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 18:48:36 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0052871704101562 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.