Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
bubbles
Forums Junkie

Banned user

March 2004
DRIFT BATTLE Wed, 10 August 2005 10:03 Go to next message
Ive finished watching the dvd, the best bit is the illegal touge scene in australia and when he's teaching how to drift at oran park.

It start with the 180sx using the handbrake, then the clutch or shift lock - this really damages the drivetrain in the dry. But it keeps the speed up and a nice angle Shocked.

He does it differently than on the drift bibble. Keeps the gas pedal always down, kicks the clutch and turns. But after showing the banji (fishis) a couple of times he blows 3rd gear.

Then he uses the drift battle silvia, but didnt show the braking drift.

I have seen alot of D1 dvds that they just use the clutch and the handbrake. Why is it that Dori drifts completly different?

[Updated on: Wed, 10 August 2005 10:07]

Send a private message to this user    
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: DRIFT BATTLE Wed, 10 August 2005 15:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
who is driving? keiichi?
bubbles
Forums Junkie

Banned user

March 2004
Re: DRIFT BATTLE Wed, 10 August 2005 21:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no, its someone else. The commentator from HPI and this dvd, Drift battle

http://www.otomoto.com.au/images2/covers/db01lg.jpg

4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: DRIFT BATTLE Wed, 10 August 2005 22:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bubbles wrote on Wed, 10 August 2005 20:03

But after showing the banji (fishis) a couple of times he blows 3rd gear.

sounds like Denzo driving style
ShiRi
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: DRIFT BATTLE Wed, 10 August 2005 22:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

illegal touge scene

Rolling Eyes Laughing
cannonball
Forums Junkie

July 2004
Re: DRIFT BATTLE Thu, 11 August 2005 00:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The guy driving is Alexi from IDA. He's also the one who does the commentry on the DVD

Anyone know where the touge scene was filmed? I couldnt ID the roads, but i thought it looked a bit NSW ish.

[Updated on: Thu, 11 August 2005 00:06]

bubbles
Forums Junkie

Banned user

March 2004
Re: DRIFT BATTLE Thu, 11 August 2005 00:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Its not Banji, its Manji or Choku-Dori.

cannonball: I dont now either. Could it be a mountain at wollongong Wink.

Shiri: Yes, uphill drifting. Midnight club style.
cannonball
Forums Junkie

July 2004
Re: DRIFT BATTLE Thu, 11 August 2005 01:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, i suspected as much, just wanted a little confirmation (and i know the Pac so much better Evil or Very Mad )
Indi
Regular

December 2004
Re: DRIFT BATTLE Thu, 11 August 2005 01:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Off Topic:.....

Shiri can you confirm for me whether you are male or female there's been a bit of a debate between my friends and I Confused Embarassed
bubbles
Forums Junkie

Banned user

March 2004
Re: DRIFT BATTLE Thu, 11 August 2005 01:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0000633R6.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

[Updated on: Thu, 11 August 2005 01:16]

Indi
Regular

December 2004
Re: DRIFT BATTLE Thu, 11 August 2005 01:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lets just say that in a room full of AE86 owners I said "that guy Shiri on Toymods" and everyone else said "Guy? I thought Shiri was a girl!" Shocked Embarassed
Evan
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: DRIFT BATTLE Thu, 11 August 2005 01:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laughing
cannonball
Forums Junkie

July 2004
Re: DRIFT BATTLE Thu, 11 August 2005 01:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, i thought he was a chick at first, but i think this question was asked B4, and Shiri "clarified" the matter.
Indi
Regular

December 2004
Re: DRIFT BATTLE Thu, 11 August 2005 01:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LOL guess I should have done a search Laughing Laughing

Maybe you should consider changing your avatar Shiri Wink
STR8 2.8
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: DRIFT BATTLE Thu, 11 August 2005 01:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
but look, the dudes avatar has shows a chick with a sign saying "shiri...i love you"
unless of course he is a she, and she is a lesbian
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: DRIFT BATTLE Thu, 11 August 2005 02:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cannonball wrote on Thu, 11 August 2005 10:05

The guy driving is Alexi from IDA. He's also the one who does the commentry on the DVD

Anyone know where the touge scene was filmed? I couldnt ID the roads, but i thought it looked a bit NSW ish.

It was filmed a fairly decent drive West of Brisbane city from what I can gather. Darron Appleton is the nutter behind the wheel.
Indi
Regular

December 2004
Re: DRIFT BATTLE Thu, 11 August 2005 02:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
STR8 2.8 wrote on Thu, 11 August 2005 11:38

but look, the dudes avatar has shows a chick with a sign saying "shiri...i love you"

I know that's what I said but it seems that most guys dont actually read what the sign says they seem to have trouble getting past the pic of the hot chick Razz

Anyway enough thread hijacking.... I wonder if I can convince John to buy the DVD so I can watch his copy instead buying my own Razz

[Updated on: Thu, 11 August 2005 02:54]

st184 sillycar
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: DRIFT BATTLE Thu, 11 August 2005 02:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
4agte wrote on Thu, 11 August 2005 08:16

bubbles wrote on Wed, 10 August 2005 20:03

But after showing the banji (fishis) a couple of times he blows 3rd gear.

sounds like Denzo driving style

Maximum driveline abuse?

Even reputedly "tuff" factory stuff won't last long with the abuse dealt-out by constant clutch-kicks, handbrakies, DownShift-locks, flat-shifts, etc. in harrdkore dorifto.

I sez just get yo drift-on via. weight transfer and momentum.

Does that^^^("race"-drift) score points in Australia? I know Keichii Tsuchiya regards it quite highly . . . . .
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: DRIFT BATTLE Thu, 11 August 2005 03:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AE86slut wrote on Thu, 11 August 2005 12:06

It was filmed a fairly decent drive West of Brisbane city from what I can gather. Darron Appleton is the nutter behind the wheel.

mt nebo? or mt glorius? this is what it probably is without having seen the footage.

that or mt coot-tha... thats if they were TRYING to get caught...

st184 sillycar wrote on Thu, 11 August 2005 12:57

I sez just get yo drift-on via. weight transfer and momentum.

Does that^^^("race"-drift) score points in Australia? I know Keichii Tsuchiya regards it quite highly . . . . .

that kinda drift is the hardest to pull off, as its gotta only disturb the cars momentum and balance a slight bit to initiate the drift... something that most aussie drifters havent mastered... also it doesn't look as good because of the smaller angle... but carries a MUCH higher speed through the corners!
cannonball
Forums Junkie

July 2004
Re: DRIFT BATTLE Thu, 11 August 2005 03:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, he's just trying to show a few techniques for the learners out there, and drifting with just weight transfer is a little more advanced.
And he also states that the S13 box is renowned for being weak in 3rd
st184 sillycar
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: DRIFT BATTLE Thu, 11 August 2005 03:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cannonball wrote on Thu, 11 August 2005 13:24

Yeah, he's just trying to show a few techniques for the learners out there, and drifting with just weight transfer is a little more advanced.

That's how I travel sideways . . . Mainly in the wet I must admit. I racked up some serious trail-braking/turn-in oversteer practice in the ol' ST184 Celica when I had her. It helps that the Karting is all about rear-braking and turning-in at the same time . . . Very Happy
Evan
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: DRIFT BATTLE Thu, 11 August 2005 04:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I find weight shifting easiest by far..
Lift off with a bit of tuck in then plant it.
fun fun.
Or the old feint motion. I used to call it scandinavian flick untill i went a dori dori style lol
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: DRIFT BATTLE Thu, 11 August 2005 04:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha been playing LFS 2 alpha 0.5 a bit lately all the americans go on and on about weight shit drifting. I send them my setup and there like you can't drift that its too stiff no weight shift.
I occasionally use momentum into the corners and flow but use the handbrake alot. Its a damn cool game for drifting and you don't hurt anything yay.
cannonball
Forums Junkie

July 2004
Re: DRIFT BATTLE Thu, 11 August 2005 04:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
They were actually showing 2 styles, the handbrake initiated drift, and the feint drift, but rather than just lifting off, he was clutch kicking, which starts the drift the same way (using weight shift and momentum) but results in the rear breaking traction a lot harder as the higher revving engine tries to put power down, which will get better entry angle than just lifting off, if you can stop it from spinning too far. It was doing this that he blew up third.
He then went to the Drift Battle silvia, which because it was CA powered, needed more regular clutch kicks to keep the revs up high through the turn.
bubbles
Forums Junkie

Banned user

March 2004
Re: DRIFT BATTLE Thu, 11 August 2005 04:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142 wrote on Thu, 11 August 2005 14:21

haha been playing LFS 2 alpha 0.5 a bit lately all the americans go on and on about weight shit drifting. I send them my setup and there like you can't drift that its too stiff no weight shift.
I occasionally use momentum into the corners and flow but use the handbrake alot. Its a damn cool game for drifting and you don't hurt anything yay.

The suspension can be stiff, i think they mean the shocks need travel(no bottoming, dont cut the springs too short).
st184 sillycar
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: DRIFT BATTLE Thu, 11 August 2005 04:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You'll find that the handbrake is fine in Live-Axle cars, but can tear the shyte out of the bushes etc. in IRS equipped cars.

To be honest, I haven't really tried much full-on dori-dori on dry tarmac - I've gone half-a-corner's worth of pitch-in oversteer, or tyre-blazing oversteer in RWD's I don't really care about, but I usually save the all-out drift for low-friction surfaces. It's just too damn hard on the equipment in the dry without a proper LSD. (Factory Viscous LSD is teh ghey)

That said, I did get a healthy (scary?) wriggle & squirm-on from the rear about at 150km/h in 4th last week. God-bless 180kw at the treads. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: DRIFT BATTLE Thu, 11 August 2005 04:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nah they all run really soft setups, my setup is lowered a touch not much though. i drift twice as fast as most of them but its just a game a very cool one though. So many settings to play with best physics engine in any game by far.
Evan
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: DRIFT BATTLE Thu, 11 August 2005 04:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142 wrote on Thu, 11 August 2005 14:34

nah they all run really soft setups, my setup is lowered a touch not much though. i drift twice as fast as most of them but its just a game a very cool one though. So many settings to play with best physics engine in any game by far.

Are u talking about a game lol
??
bubbles
Forums Junkie

Banned user

March 2004
Re: DRIFT BATTLE Thu, 11 August 2005 04:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Your not talking about your real life car Laughing
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: DRIFT BATTLE Thu, 11 August 2005 04:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well i am bored and the thread had already been stolen once so i thought i digress a little more. Its not like it wasn't clearly stated. its a damn cool game for drift.
Hehe no i don't drift the corona, though i might for one last hurrah befor i sell it. Then i'll get a car i can drift in hopefully but maybe not.
Evan
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: DRIFT BATTLE Thu, 11 August 2005 04:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
drift the corona for sure
Would be a sight to behold.

Bubbles your a clown..
st184 sillycar
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: DRIFT BATTLE Thu, 11 August 2005 04:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Evan wrote on Thu, 11 August 2005 14:51

drift the corona for sure
Would be a sight to behold.

Bubbles your a clown..

A mate's G/F was recently gifted a 4cyl AUTOMATIC Corona (Boxy 80's last-model) - I have suggested a few ways to make cheap, bulk Hp for drag or drift, but He hasn't yet taken the bait. . . .

Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: DRIFT BATTLE Thu, 11 August 2005 04:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
convert it manual and throw a 1ggte at it, or just get a 22re and weld the diff.
ShiRi
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: DRIFT BATTLE Thu, 11 August 2005 09:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
STR8 2.8 wrote on Thu, 11 August 2005 11:38

that seems probable Laughing
no_tofu_speed
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Jab what?!!?!
Re: DRIFT BATTLE Thu, 11 August 2005 13:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Drift Battle mag has been out for a while now, with enough issues to start to make judgemental comments Id say, what do u all think of it??????
And the fun bit....... have they made any false or inaccurate statements yet in the publication? Most mags do.. but certain ones errr thrive on them.
cannonball
Forums Junkie

July 2004
Re: DRIFT BATTLE Fri, 12 August 2005 00:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The last issue was a bit .....meh.., but other than that, ive been suffering withdrawals between issues.
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: DRIFT BATTLE Fri, 12 August 2005 00:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no_tofu_speed wrote on Thu, 11 August 2005 23:42

The Drift Battle mag has been out for a while now, with enough issues to start to make judgemental comments Id say, what do u all think of it??????
And the fun bit....... have they made any false or inaccurate statements yet in the publication? Most mags do.. but certain ones errr thrive on them.

Considering it's the only dedicated drift mag in Australia, I'd have to say it's farken awesome... I mean, something is better than nothing right?
Evan
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: DRIFT BATTLE Fri, 12 August 2005 01:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AE86slut wrote on Fri, 12 August 2005 10:30

Considering it's the only dedicated drift mag in Australia, I'd have to say it's farken awesome... I mean, something is better than nothing right?

Definatly awesome!
UUP-46X
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: DRIFT BATTLE Fri, 12 August 2005 03:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AE86slut wrote on Fri, 12 August 2005 10:30

DITTO Razz
mumblezzz
Regular

June 2003
Re: DRIFT BATTLE Fri, 12 August 2005 10:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
To whoever was resposible for the pic of me in the last Drift Battle magazine...

Die plz.

Love, mumblezzz
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: DRIFT BATTLE Fri, 12 August 2005 12:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mumblezzz wrote on Fri, 12 August 2005 20:28

To whoever was resposible for the pic of me in the last Drift Battle magazine...

Die plz.

Love, mumblezzz

hahaha awesome
WANTED_AE86
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: DRIFT BATTLE Fri, 12 August 2005 13:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ahhh Drift Battle Mag....

i just love the DB letter sections...

with letters like :

"i have my moms 1994 mitsubishi lancer... and i would like to fit an LSD in it... would it be enuff to drift?"

"im 17 years old, im thinking of getting a driftor car, i love this sport, im thinking of getting a panda Tureno or something like nomukens 4 door r34 skyline, i saved up 1500 for the last 2 years.."

reading that section of the mag always makes my day... Laughing
Sprinter-Saurus
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: DRIFT BATTLE Sat, 13 August 2005 01:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Where are we able to obtain the Drift Battle dvd?! Smile

The Drift Battle web site just says that it is coming soon. Confused
bubbles
Forums Junkie

Banned user

March 2004
Re: DRIFT BATTLE Sat, 13 August 2005 02:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Its out!!

Their web site is out of date
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: DRIFT BATTLE Sat, 13 August 2005 04:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Die plz.

Love, mumblezzz

But you've got such a sweet ass Paul... Laughing Razz
Sprinter-Saurus
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: DRIFT BATTLE Sat, 13 August 2005 04:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bubbles wrote on Sat, 13 August 2005 12:55

Its out!!

Their web site is out of date

Yeah I realise that it's out if people are saying they've seen it, but what stores stock it?

And please don't say Autobarn, I really hate that place, makes you feel all ricey when you walk through their door haha. Embarassed
bubbles
Forums Junkie

Banned user

March 2004
Re: DRIFT BATTLE Sat, 13 August 2005 04:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry but your right Laughing , try blacktown
cannonball
Forums Junkie

July 2004
Re: DRIFT BATTLE Sat, 13 August 2005 06:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just pull your hoodie over your head, wear some dark sunnies and slink into your nearest autobarn while noones watching Very Happy
Indi
Regular

December 2004
Re: DRIFT BATTLE Tue, 16 August 2005 00:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AE86slut wrote on Sat, 13 August 2005 14:03

Die plz.

Love, mumblezzz

But you've got such a sweet ass Paul... Laughing Razz

hehehe ^^^^^ thats what I was going to say Embarassed Razz
mumblezzz
Regular

June 2003
Re: DRIFT BATTLE Tue, 16 August 2005 10:10 Go to previous message
Oh Jeez thanks guys. I have been working out. Embarassed
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply