Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » The Outhouse » ghost (not this s*%t again)

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic
AuthorTopic
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: ghost (not this s*%t again) Mon, 15 August 2005 03:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://www.news.com.au/story/0,10117,16264400-1248 ,00.html
i'll just lighten up the tone of the thread a little.

http://www.darwins-theory-of-evolution.com/

[Updated on: Mon, 15 August 2005 03:43]

Send a private message to this user  
mynameisrodney
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: ghost (not this s*%t again) Mon, 15 August 2005 03:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bubbles wrote on Mon, 15 August 2005 13:00

I wosto be a cathlic and nothing made sense, good people go to heaven, bad people go to hell.

that makes more sense than anything else you have said.
meanwhile, the flaws i found said nothing about heaven or hell and you are wandering off the topic again.
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ghost (not this s*%t again) Mon, 15 August 2005 03:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
heheh good call..

edit: was talking to 'rona

[Updated on: Mon, 15 August 2005 03:12]

river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: ghost (not this s*%t again) Mon, 15 August 2005 03:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

Ahh yes, Armageddon.

As mentioned the discovery of the Dead Sea Scrolls at Qumran in 1947 have offered much information in regards to beleifs, customs, rituals, politics, philosophies and traditions of the pre-Gospel and Gospel eras in Judea.

A fundamental beleif was that the universe contained two cardinal spirits of Light and Darkness. In their respective contexts Light represernted truth and righteousness, whereas Darkness depicted evil and perversion. The balance of one against the other in the cosmos was settled by celestial movement, and people were individually apportioned with a degrees of each spirit as defined by their planetary circumstances of birth. The cosmic battle between Light and Darkness was thus perpetuated within humankind, and between one person and another.

God was held to be the supreme ruler over the two cardinal spirits, but for a person to find the way to the Light required following a long and arduous path of conflict. Such a path culminated in a final weighing of one force against the other at the Time of Justification - later called the Day of Judgement. It was thought that as the time drew near, the forces of Darkness would gather in strength during a Period of Temptation. People would naturally be subject to this testing process. Those who followed the Way of the Light thus sought to avoid the impending evaluation with the plea "lead us not into temptation but deliver us from evil".

In Revelations 16:16, the great final war between Light and Darkenss (Good and Evil) is forecast to take place at Armageddon (Har Megiddo) - that is at the height of Megiddo, an historically important Palestinian battlefield where a military fortress guarded the plains of Jezreeel, south of the Galilean Hills.

The War Scroll (one of the many Dead Sea Scrolls) describes in detail the foreseen struggle between the Children of Light and the Sons of Darkness at the great battle of Har Megiddo. The tribes of Isreal were to be on one side, with the Romans and various heathen factions on the other. It was to be a violent mortal combat between Light that was Israel and the Darkness of Imperial Rome.

In later times, the basic notion behind this ancient concept was adapted and adopted by the emergent Chruch of Rome. The perceived battle of Har Megiddo was removed from its specific location and re-applied on a world scale, with Rome (the hitherto Darkness) usurping the Light in its own favour from the day when Emperor Constantine placed himself at the head of Christianity.

In order that the rule of the Catholic bishops should prevail, it was decreed that the Day of Judgement had not yet come. Those who thereafter obeyed the revised principles of the Roman Catholic Church were promised the right of entry into the Kingdom of Heaven, as sanctified by the bishops. The one-time Palestinian hill-fort of Har Megiddo was thereby invested with supernatural dimension, so that the very word Armageddon took on a hideous ring of terror. It implied the fearsome ending of all things, from which the only sure route to salvation was absolute compliance with the rule of Rome. This proved to be one of the most ingenious political manoevres of all time - or, at least until the Dead Sea Scrolls were discovered, and the historical truth of Armageddon became known.

In essence, the original meaning of Har Migeddo was changed by the new church to suit the needs of its minstry. Now, nearly two thousand years later, people still beleive in the end of everything (Armageddon), despite it being shown to be nothing of the sort.

I'd prefer if your arguments contained text and your thoughts, as opposed to mere quoting of biblical texts, which, I may add, often have been changed or modified from their original meanings - such as Armageddon.

seeyuzz
river
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: ghost (not this s*%t again) Mon, 15 August 2005 03:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
heh heh, seems ol' man River has more of a handle on the bible than our misquoting friend.
i'd be happy to hear more about interpretations, but it would be a little too much typing methinks.. instead i'll find some of the books mentioned Wink

ahh thats them.. jehovah's witnesses.... build a house for you and never let you leave until they rape your children enough times.... poor suckers....

fill you up with the devils cock and then cum in the name of the lord (ministry, psalm 69 Razz )
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: ghost (not this s*%t again) Mon, 15 August 2005 03:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
river wrote on Mon, 15 August 2005 13:44

In order that the rule of the Catholic bishops should prevail, it was decreed that the Day of Judgement had not yet come. Those who thereafter obeyed the revised principles of the Roman Catholic Church were promised the right of entry into the Kingdom of Heaven, as sanctified by the bishops.

for me thats the crux of it... large scale social engineering by threat of death and worse... but in todays day and age, the threat is no longer valid, but yet the church keps pushing and pushing it... no wonder they are "losig souls", people are realising that the very thing they were afraid of has no basis, and so why are they going thru the rituals in the first place....

in olden days, when shit was not so good, a set of moral standards probably needed to be implemented, and rules like "don't covet your neighbours wife" or " don't eat meats from a pig" or "don't prepare milk and meat in the same area" all had good basis.. but to blindly follow them now and disregard the knowledge that has grown since that time...

well, it's just a little... backward....
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: ghost (not this s*%t again) Mon, 15 August 2005 03:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oldcorollas wrote on Mon, 15 August 2005 13:45

heh heh, seems ol' man River has more of a handle on the bible than our misquoting friend.
i'd be happy to hear more about interpretations, but it would be a little too much typing methinks.. instead i'll find some of the books mentioned Wink

ahh thats them.. jehovah's witnesses.... build a house for you and never let you leave until they rape your children enough times.... poor suckers....

fill you up with the devils cock and then cum in the name of the lord (ministry, psalm 69 Razz )

bwahahahahahaha, the anglicans, catholics, joho's etc all have that in common hmmm.

To me religion comes across as an ideal that becomes very perverted by those that interpret and practice it and secondly is far to simplified in some circumstances.
Instead of the theory of evolution, god made everything woot yay we're all happy. Catholic if we repent our sins it'll all be good. We learnt as kids that sometimes saying sorry isn't enough.
But once again why do we even continue on this topic when it is against the rules and regs of the forum.
I'll repsect anyones religious choices just as long as though don't try and push them on me are you listening mormons and Jehovas Witnesses kinda the reason why I started posting here. Go watch John Safran vs God not only is it funny but it pokes so many holes in every religion it just isn't funny. The indian Guru's are a prime example.
The only thing that kinda justifies any religion in my mind is the fcat that so many similar stories have come out of one central area in the world at that time. This could mean one of two things, something really did happen or they were smkoing some pretty good shit back then.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: ghost (not this s*%t again) Mon, 15 August 2005 03:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
old corollas that backs up earlier comments i made and i whole heartedly agree they needed a way to control ppl and simple ppl at that, how do they do it by instilling fear in them.
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: ghost (not this s*%t again) Mon, 15 August 2005 04:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
game, set, match river?
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: ghost (not this s*%t again) Mon, 15 August 2005 04:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
River, our religious tennis champine!!! Laughing
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: ghost (not this s*%t again) Mon, 15 August 2005 04:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hmmmm interesting read, I was hoping for more ghost talk though Rolling Eyes

Anyhoo.... Bubbles has just reminded me of that classic Simpsons episode with the cult called the "Movementarians" Laughing

Here is a quote from my Geography lecturer at ANU:

"Welcome to Geography 2002. This room of students contains two types of people..........those who believe in creation and those who believe in evolution. If you believe in creation please leave now, I am in no mood for an argument that you can not win....." 30 seconds of silence followed by two people leaving the room Laughing

Back on the topic of ghosts, if anyone is driving along the Monaro Hwy between Canberra and Cooma pay a visit to the "Haunted House" on the side of the Hwy at Michelago. The house is a large two storey dwelling with an very interesting history. It looks scary as shit at night and if the nearby farmers see a car stopped near it they will promptly come and tell you to F$%K off, which is really scary Shocked .
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: ghost (not this s*%t again) Mon, 15 August 2005 04:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ke382TG wrote on Mon, 15 August 2005 14:18

Back on the topic of ghosts, if anyone is driving along the Monaro Hwy between Canberra and Cooma pay a visit to the "Haunted House" on the side of the Hwy at Michelago. The house is a large two storey dwelling with an very interesting history. It looks scary as shit at night and if the nearby farmers see a car stopped near it they will promptly come and tell you to F$%K off, which is really scary Shocked .

Thats cos there hiding there stash of hydroponic pot there and don't want anyone to find out Very Happy
bubbles
Forums Junkie

Banned user

March 2004
Re: ghost (not this s*%t again) Mon, 15 August 2005 04:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
draven wrote on Mon, 15 August 2005 13:02

fark bubbles. spewing forth gazillions of bible quotes does not make a convincing argument. argue the merit of what the quotes are saying.

Quotes should be used to *support* an argument you're making, not be the argument in themselves.

Yes it should, im showing my point by what I read, whever anyone likes it or not thats what the bible says.
Im not going to say something that I think is right but im not sure of unless I have read it.

Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: ghost (not this s*%t again) Mon, 15 August 2005 04:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://thetenants.com.au/html/Youshitmelyrics.html
blah blah blah blah blah.
bubbles
Forums Junkie

Banned user

March 2004
Re: ghost (not this s*%t again) Mon, 15 August 2005 04:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Hi,

Ahh yes, Armageddon.

As mentioned the discovery of the Dead Sea Scrolls at Qumran in 1947 have offered much information in regards to beleifs, customs, rituals, politics, philosophies and traditions of the pre-Gospel and Gospel eras in Judea.

A fundamental beleif was that the universe contained two cardinal spirits of Light and Darkness. In their respective contexts Light represernted truth and righteousness, whereas Darkness depicted evil and perversion. The balance of one against the other in the cosmos was settled by celestial movement, and people were individually apportioned with a degrees of each spirit as defined by their planetary circumstances of birth. The cosmic battle between Light and Darkness was thus perpetuated within humankind, and between one person and another.

God was held to be the supreme ruler over the two cardinal spirits, but for a person to find the way to the Light required following a long and arduous path of conflict. Such a path culminated in a final weighing of one force against the other at the Time of Justification - later called the Day of Judgement. It was thought that as the time drew near, the forces of Darkness would gather in strength during a Period of Temptation. People would naturally be subject to this testing process. Those who followed the Way of the Light thus sought to avoid the impending evaluation with the plea "lead us not into temptation but deliver us from evil".

In Revelations 16:16, the great final war between Light and Darkenss (Good and Evil) is forecast to take place at Armageddon (Har Megiddo) - that is at the height of Megiddo, an historically important Palestinian battlefield where a military fortress guarded the plains of Jezreeel, south of the Galilean Hills.

The War Scroll (one of the many Dead Sea Scrolls) describes in detail the foreseen struggle between the Children of Light and the Sons of Darkness at the great battle of Har Megiddo. The tribes of Isreal were to be on one side, with the Romans and various heathen factions on the other. It was to be a violent mortal combat between Light that was Israel and the Darkness of Imperial Rome.

In later times, the basic notion behind this ancient concept was adapted and adopted by the emergent Chruch of Rome. The perceived battle of Har Megiddo was removed from its specific location and re-applied on a world scale, with Rome (the hitherto Darkness) usurping the Light in its own favour from the day when Emperor Constantine placed himself at the head of Christianity.

In order that the rule of the Catholic bishops should prevail, it was decreed that the Day of Judgement had not yet come. Those who thereafter obeyed the revised principles of the Roman Catholic Church were promised the right of entry into the Kingdom of Heaven, as sanctified by the bishops. The one-time Palestinian hill-fort of Har Megiddo was thereby invested with supernatural dimension, so that the very word Armageddon took on a hideous ring of terror. It implied the fearsome ending of all things, from which the only sure route to salvation was absolute compliance with the rule of Rome. This proved to be one of the most ingenious political manoevres of all time - or, at least until the Dead Sea Scrolls were discovered, and the historical truth of Armageddon became known.

In essence, the original meaning of Har Migeddo was changed by the new church to suit the needs of its minstry. Now, nearly two thousand years later, people still beleive in the end of everything (Armageddon), despite it being shown to be nothing of the sort.

I'd prefer if your arguments contained text and your thoughts, as opposed to mere quoting of biblical texts, which, I may add, often have been changed or modified from their original meanings - such as Armageddon.

seeyuzz
river

What do you mean by people still beleive in the end of everthing(Armageddon)?
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: ghost (not this s*%t again) Mon, 15 August 2005 04:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well it was supposed to happen in the Year 2000 and i am pretty fucking sure i am still standing yeah yeah yeah, i'm still standing yeah yeah yeah.
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ghost (not this s*%t again) Mon, 15 August 2005 04:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oldcorollas wrote on Mon, 15 August 2005 13:52

In order that the rule of the Catholic bishops should prevail, it was decreed that the Day of Judgement had not yet come. Those who thereafter obeyed the revised principles of the Roman Catholic Church were promised the right of entry into the Kingdom of Heaven, as sanctified by the bishops.

for me thats the crux of it... large scale social engineering by threat of death and worse... but in todays day and age, the threat is no longer valid, but yet the church keps pushing and pushing it... no wonder they are "losig souls", people are realising that the very thing they were afraid of has no basis, and so why are they going thru the rituals in the first place....

in olden days, when shit was not so good, a set of moral standards probably needed to be implemented, and rules like "don't covet your neighbours wife" or " don't eat meats from a pig" or "don't prepare milk and meat in the same area" all had good basis.. but to blindly follow them now and disregard the knowledge that has grown since that time...

well, it's just a little... backward....

cool note there 'rollas - The Israelites were the only nation not to suffer the many diseases etc common in their time, and that was precisely because of the laws in the Old Testament.

Interestingly, in the New Testament, there is a small note saying that "everything is permissible (but not everything is beneficial)".

Like you were saying..!
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: ghost (not this s*%t again) Mon, 15 August 2005 04:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142 wrote on Mon, 15 August 2005 13:08

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,10117,16264400-1248 ,00.html

eeewwwwww. she's feral.....

anyways, back on OT Razz

that i like a big glass of milk with a steak means i can't be jewish....
that i think bacon tastes goood, pork chops taste goood, means i can't be islamic
that i can't stand the mindless drivel from so many of the christ-based churches means i can't become one of the Christian Borg....

and being a scientist, i just can't stop asking why.....

anyway, i'm off to have a bacon and steak thickshake (mmm meatshake). see how many religions i can piss off in one meal Razz

jk Wink

[Updated on: Mon, 15 August 2005 05:00]

Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: ghost (not this s*%t again) Mon, 15 August 2005 05:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laughing anyone seen the episode of the soprano's when Tony is doing deals with the Jewish guys and he takes em to an italian pork sausage restaurant/butcher. Very Happy
bubbles
Forums Junkie

Banned user

March 2004
Re: ghost (not this s*%t again) Mon, 15 August 2005 05:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142 wrote on Mon, 15 August 2005 14:44

well it was supposed to happen in the Year 2000 and i am pretty fucking sure i am still standing yeah yeah yeah, i'm still standing yeah yeah yeah.

Laughing Laughing Laughing the end will come after this happens.

matthew 24:3 -Tell us, When will these things be, and what will be the sign of your presence and of the conclusion of the system of things?(current world we live in)
4 -And in answer Jesus said to them: "Look out that nobody misleads YOU;
5 -for many will come on the basis of my name, saying, "I am the Christ", and mislead many.
6 -YOU are going to hear wars and reports of wars; see that YOU are not terrified. For these things must take place, but the end is not yet.
7 -"For nation will rise against nation and kingdom against against kingdom, and there will be food shortages and earthquakes in one place and another.
8 -All these things are a beginning of pangs of distress
9 -"Then people will deliver YOU up to tribulation and will kill YOU and YOU will be objects of hatred by all the nations on account of my name (God has a name 1Co8:5,6)
skellator
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: ghost (not this s*%t again) Mon, 15 August 2005 05:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oldcorollas wrote on Mon, 15 August 2005 14:58

anyway, i'm off to have a bacon and steak thickshake (mmm meatshake). see how many religions i can piss off in one meal

ARGH

that has some really bad connotations...

[Updated on: Mon, 15 August 2005 05:19]

bubbles
Forums Junkie

Banned user

March 2004
Re: ghost (not this s*%t again) Mon, 15 August 2005 05:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ma24:10 Then, also, many will be stumbled and will betray one another and will hate one another.
11 -And many false prophets will arise and mislead many
12 -and because of the increasing of lawlessness the love of the greater number will cool off(people stop having faith)
13 -But he that has endured to the end is the one that will be saved.

14 -And this good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all nations and then the end will come.

[Updated on: Mon, 15 August 2005 05:17]

ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: ghost (not this s*%t again) Mon, 15 August 2005 05:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:Bubble Flanders

pangs

It says pangs in the bible? As in "I have hunger pangs" Rolling Eyes I got that before Bubble Flanders edited his post Wink

[Updated on: Mon, 15 August 2005 05:21]

Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: ghost (not this s*%t again) Mon, 15 August 2005 05:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bubbles did you read the lyrics to the song i posted in the link.

See the problem i see with a lot of religions, is the ppl that follow them live their lives in fear that something bad is gonna happen and we are all gonna die. But the fact is life and death are just another fact of life, ppl are born and die everyday you could get hit by a bus walking down the road tomorrow so why worry about something that is supposed to happen in the future.
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: ghost (not this s*%t again) Mon, 15 August 2005 05:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

bubbles wrote on Mon, 15 August 2005 14:42

What I am trying to say, in my long winded way, is that the original scrolls that make up the Bible have been tampered with and have been altered by poor translation.

Not all facets of the Bible have had this, but ther eis a fair portion that in the current Bible do not mean what they originally said.

As mentioned, some was through poor and ignorant translation from the original ancient languages, and tampering has been made through more nefarious means of the Church of Rome, when it was being formed.

Therefore the Bible, in its current form, is not all that it should be. When the Bible was put together, only the scrolls and scriptures that contained information that pushed the patriarchal views of the newly forming Church of Rome were included.

This is why not all the scrolls of all the disciples are included - and this also includes Mary Magdalene, who wasn't a prostitue in any way shape or form, but rather a well regarded priestess. However, the masculinity of the church precluded the inclusion of scrolls that depicted women in religous positions.

The changing of the meaning of The Father, The Son and the Holy Spirit was changed also to ensure it did not conflict with the current values of the Roman Empire.

The birthday of Jesus is celebrated on 25 December, yet his birthday has been pin-pointed to around March. The Emperor of Rome moved Jesus' birthday to the 25 December because it was when the Romans held their Sun Festival. The Sun Festival was renamed to Christmas. Now millions of people celebrate the birth of Jesus on the wrong day.

The Bible has been flawed and changed by mortals - whether by design or accident. The original true words of the scriptures are not what you read in the current form of the Bible.

Sadly, most don't realise this and accept the Bible and the teachings of their religion at face value - which I guess is what faith is all about.

seeyuzz
river
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: ghost (not this s*%t again) Mon, 15 August 2005 05:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

oldcorrolas, I would of thought you'd be eating rice and teryaki chicken or something with a strong asian/jap influence.

I thought steak was pretty expensive in the land of the rising sun.

Also, you should be drinking sake and nothing else! Smile

seeyuzz
river
bubbles
Forums Junkie

Banned user

March 2004
Re: ghost (not this s*%t again) Mon, 15 August 2005 05:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142 wrote on Mon, 15 August 2005 15:21

bubbles did you read the lyrics to the song i posted in the link.

See the problem i see with a lot of religions, is the ppl that follow them live their lives in fear that something bad is gonna happen and we are all gonna die. But the fact is life and death are just another fact of life, ppl are born and die everyday you could get hit by a bus walking down the road tomorrow so why worry about something that is supposed to happen in the future.

I dont fear, Laughing What do you think the ends going to be?
A huge commet?

Revelations 11:18 - But the nations became wrathfull, and your own wrath came, and the appointed time for the dead to judged(hope for the dead Joh5:28,29), and give{their} reward to your slaves the prophets and to the holy ones and to those fearing your name, the small and the great, and to bring to ruin those ruining the earth.

bubbles
Forums Junkie

Banned user

March 2004
Re: ghost (not this s*%t again) Mon, 15 August 2005 05:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
river wrote on Mon, 15 August 2005 15:30

Hi,

What I am trying to say, in my long winded way, is that the original scrolls that make up the Bible have been tampered with and have been altered by poor translation.

Not all facets of the Bible have had this, but ther eis a fair portion that in the current Bible do not mean what they originally said.

As mentioned, some was through poor and ignorant translation from the original ancient languages, and tampering has been made through more nefarious means of the Church of Rome, when it was being formed.

Therefore the Bible, in its current form, is not all that it should be. When the Bible was put together, only the scrolls and scriptures that contained information that pushed the patriarchal views of the newly forming Church of Rome were included.

This is why not all the scrolls of all the disciples are included - and this also includes Mary Magdalene, who wasn't a prostitue in any way shape or form, but rather a well regarded priestess. However, the masculinity of the church precluded the inclusion of scrolls that depicted women in religous positions.

The birthday of Jesus is celebrated on 25 December, yet his birthday has been pin-pointed to around March. The Emperor of Rome moved Jesus' birthday to the 25 December because it was when the Romans held their Sun Festival. The Sun Festival was renamed to Christmas. Now millions of people celebrate the birth of Jesus on the wrong day.

seeyuzz
river

Be carefull on what people tell you, I share the same point about Jesus, If you have read my quotes you would know who are the false prophets and what satan is trying to do.
lumpy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: ghost (not this s*%t again) Mon, 15 August 2005 05:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This 144,000 seats in heaven - that sounds very much like a Jehovahs Witness thing. Plus the relentless quoting of the bible to engage in and "win" arguements, that's very much a JW thing too.

I believe in the power of microteched webbers.

That said I have the DAAS view of god as follows ;

Your God is a nothing God, Is a mealy mouthed God, is a weak assed God
My God is a real tough God, is a straight line God is a good old boy
Your God drinks peach nectar, eats boiled fruit can't fart out loud
My God arm wrestled Khruschev, eats meat, farts with pride
Hey, hey! Commies for Christ

Hammers and sickles and the words not flesh it's steel
Cos he's the man who carved the lamb and made us feel
I'm having a sexual fling with the red under my bed
I drank too much altar wine it's blown off half my head

Take Marx, take Christ, take drugs, nani nani nana
Take Marx, take Christ, take drugs

My God is a vengeful God
Is Cecil B. de Mille and kills for the fun of it
Rep rep repetition, Yo yo!
Your God's been around for too long
He can't get down he's an aging hippie, hippie
god hey! Commies for Christ

Go get some long knives to carve up these loaves and fishes
Support the cause or else someone could get vicious
Cos he's the word you've heard the truth, the light, the way
My God ain't risen cos he's sleeping in today

Jesus rocks the Kremlin baby
Commies for C C C CC C C Coca Cola, AMEN!
bubbles
Forums Junkie

Banned user

March 2004
Re: ghost (not this s*%t again) Mon, 15 August 2005 05:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im no JW, they do know their stuff though
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: ghost (not this s*%t again) Mon, 15 August 2005 05:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bubbles how do you know what satan is doing unless you are satan. I'm sorry but sreiously believing the readings of the bible down to the last t is a load of shit.
The fact is your view and your religion is your view, and keep it that way, the way you post its as if that view is the one and only one. Stop preaching god damnit, fuckin jesus christ. There i'm still not dead gee.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: ghost (not this s*%t again) Mon, 15 August 2005 05:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bubbles wrote on Mon, 15 August 2005 15:43

yeah they fucken know how to con ppl good and get shitloads of money out of em. Anyone in campbelltown can verify that claim, they own a big fuckoff acreage of expensive land have a building/church on it the size of a shopping mall and have a carpark as big as the woolies centre ones.
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ghost (not this s*%t again) Mon, 15 August 2005 05:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
river wrote on Mon, 15 August 2005 15:30

Hi,

The changing of the meaning of The Father, The Son and the Holy Spirit was changed also to ensure it did not conflict with the current values of the Roman Empire.

The Bible has been flawed and changed by mortals - whether by design or accident. The original true words of the scriptures are not what you read in the current form of the Bible.

Sadly, most don't realise this and accept the Bible and the teachings of their religion at face value - which I guess is what faith is all about.

seeyuzz
river

hmm somebody has been reading a popular book found in the "fiction" section of the local library Razz
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: ghost (not this s*%t again) Mon, 15 August 2005 05:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RobST162 wrote on Mon, 15 August 2005 15:47

hmm somebody has been reading a popular book found in the "fiction" section of the local library Razz

what the bible Laughing
bubbles
Forums Junkie

Banned user

March 2004
Re: ghost (not this s*%t again) Mon, 15 August 2005 06:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142 wrote on Mon, 15 August 2005 15:45

bubbles how do you know what satan is doing unless you are satan. I'm sorry but sreiously believing the readings of the bible down to the last t is a load of shit.
The fact is your view and your religion is your view, and keep it that way, the way you post its as if that view is the one and only one. Stop preaching god damnit, fuckin jesus christ. There i'm still not dead gee.

Your funny.
I could keep it to myself, but you keep asking questions
lumpy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: ghost (not this s*%t again) Mon, 15 August 2005 06:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bubbles wrote on Mon, 15 August 2005 15:13

Yeah, stuff like refusing a blood transfusion that could save your life. That's good stuff to know. Rolling Eyes
bubbles
Forums Junkie

Banned user

March 2004
Re: ghost (not this s*%t again) Mon, 15 August 2005 06:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142 wrote on Mon, 15 August 2005 15:47

bubbles wrote on Mon, 15 August 2005 15:43

yeah they fucken know how to con ppl good and get shitloads of money out of em. Anyone in campbelltown can verify that claim, they own a big fuckoff acreage of expensive land have a building/church on it the size of a shopping mall and have a carpark as big as the woolies centre ones.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing and christians and catholics are very poor.
bubbles
Forums Junkie

Banned user

March 2004
Re: ghost (not this s*%t again) Mon, 15 August 2005 06:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lumpy wrote on Mon, 15 August 2005 16:03

Yeah, stuff like refusing a blood transfusion that could save your life. That's good stuff to know. Rolling Eyes

why do they refuse blood?
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: ghost (not this s*%t again) Mon, 15 August 2005 06:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

bubbles wrote on Mon, 15 August 2005 15:37

Be carefull on what people tell you, I share the same point about Jesus, If you have read my quotes you would know who are the false prophets and what satan is trying to do.

An excellent point. Let me play devils (hehehe no pun intended) advocate for a moment.....

It is well known the Bible has been changed and tampered with by people who formed the Church of Rome. These changes are now instilled in the Bible and (currently) will not be changed back to its original contents.

So, is it not possible that the "false prophets" have already done their work, all those years ago, by changing the Bible - and therefore those that read the Bible are now not reading the correct information? Is it not possible that you are deluded in beleiving what you are being taught, and what you read from the Bible is not truly what was originally written?

Ergo, those that beleive in what they have read in the Bible become unwitting yet fervent crusaders for the false prophets themselves?

Without opening your mind to the lost information on the Bible or an understanding of what was changed, when it was changed and why it was changed, are you not placing yourself in a position of ignorance?

Ask yourself.. why wasn't the gospels from all the disciples put into the Bible? Why wasn't the gospels of Mary Magadalene not put into the Bible? Why, why, why?

I think you should expand your knowledge and read other texts, understand the information in the Dead Sea Scrolls and gain a wider view point. There is nothing wrong in reading the Bible, but don't make it your only source of information. As important as the Binble is, there's a wealth of information that you are not including that may or may not make you think things differently.

seeyuzz
river
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: ghost (not this s*%t again) Mon, 15 August 2005 06:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
river you are moving to the sitting of churches you better watch out Laughing
lumpy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: ghost (not this s*%t again) Mon, 15 August 2005 06:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bubbles wrote on Mon, 15 August 2005 15:34

Well, I'm sure there's a whole lot of bible quotes and mis-quotes on which they've founded their belief that those who consume blood (is various forms) are sinners and will never enter the kingdom of heaven.

However I view it as another, more subtle, form of evolution - if you're stupid enough to believe that nonsense than you are less likely to survive.

Perhaps bubbles since you believ so many things you could join us FSM'ers, and be touched by his noodly appendage?
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: ghost (not this s*%t again) Mon, 15 August 2005 06:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
river: would it be fair to say the most recent revision of the NIV (supposedly directly transcribed from the dead sea scrolls) would be more accurate then?
bubbles
Forums Junkie

Banned user

March 2004
Re: ghost (not this s*%t again) Mon, 15 August 2005 06:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
river wrote on Mon, 15 August 2005 16:07

Hi,

bubbles wrote on Mon, 15 August 2005 15:37

An excellent point. Let me play devils (hehehe no pun intended) advocate for a moment.....

It is well known the Bible has been changed and tampered with by people who formed the Church of Rome. These changes are now instilled in the Bible and (currently) will not be changed back to its original contents.

So, is it not possible that the "false prophets" have already done their work, all those years ago, by changing the Bible - and therefore those that read the Bible are now not reading the correct information? Is it not possible that you are deluded in beleiving what you are being taught, and what you read from the Bible is not truly what was originally written?

Ergo, those that beleive in what they have read in the Bible become unwitting yet fervent crusaders for the false prophets themselves?

Without opening your mind to the lost information on the Bible or an understanding of what was changed, when it was changed and why it was changed, are you not placing yourself in a position of ignorance?

Ask yourself.. why wasn't the gospels from all the disciples put into the Bible? Why wasn't the gospels of Mary Magadalene not put into the Bible? Why, why, why?

I think you should expand your knowledge and read other texts, understand the information in the Dead Sea Scrolls and gain a wider view point. There is nothing wrong in reading the Bible, but don't make it your only source of information. As important as the Binble is, there's a wealth of information that you are not including that may or may not make you think things differently.

seeyuzz
river

Since the bible is gods book, dont you think false prophets would only be allowed to lie about the book, saing stuff like, the scriptures have been changed and oh, its best not to have a religion because the bible has changed., when really it says the same, just in a way that its easier to understand, for eg the oldest bible when Moses wrote Genesis and was translate from Hebraic to english, there were a lot of plural on terms has in he was speaking to people in general(like an audience), really thats how they spoke, but if I went to grab a newer bible its all in single terms and its easier to understand and it really says the same thing. Nothing really changed.
Besides everything in the bible makes sense, only to those who dont want to know
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: ghost (not this s*%t again) Mon, 15 August 2005 06:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the bible doesn't make sense because it defies the laws of science
bubbles
Forums Junkie

Banned user

March 2004
Re: ghost (not this s*%t again) Mon, 15 August 2005 06:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lumpy wrote on Mon, 15 August 2005 16:18

bubbles wrote on Mon, 15 August 2005 15:34

Well, I'm sure there's a whole lot of bible quotes and mis-quotes on which they've founded their belief that those who consume blood (is various forms) are sinners and will never enter the kingdom of heaven.

However I view it as another, more subtle, form of evolution - if you're stupid enough to believe that nonsense than you are less likely to survive.

Perhaps bubbles since you believ so many things you could join us FSM'ers, and be touched by his noodly appendage?

If there are bible quotes. mmm I know that blood is sacret to God. Let me see if i can find the scripture
bubbles
Forums Junkie

Banned user

March 2004
Re: ghost (not this s*%t again) Mon, 15 August 2005 06:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142 wrote on Mon, 15 August 2005 16:26

the bible doesn't make sense because it defies the laws of science

No it doesnt Laughing
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: ghost (not this s*%t again) Mon, 15 August 2005 06:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so mary is a virgin yet had a child last time i checked IVF wasn't around in 1BC.
Adam and Eve the genepool just doesn't work. Theory of evolution ie we evolved from apes not just put here by god. Infact every single living thing evolved from single cell organisms and this is supported by the fact that a mouse genome is only midly different to our own Wink
bubbles
Forums Junkie

Banned user

March 2004
Re: ghost (not this s*%t again) Mon, 15 August 2005 06:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142 wrote on Mon, 15 August 2005 16:31

so mary is a virgin yet had a child last time i checked IVF wasn't around in 1BC.
Adam and Eve the genepool just doesn't work. Theory of evolution ie we evolved from apes not just put here by god. Infact every single living thing evolved from single cell organisms and this is supported by the fact that a mouse genome is only midly different to our own Wink

no mary was not a virgin, read my past posts
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: ghost (not this s*%t again) Mon, 15 August 2005 06:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
corona - this has already been discussed.
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: ghost (not this s*%t again) Mon, 15 August 2005 06:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

draven wrote on Mon, 15 August 2005 16:18

river: would it be fair to say the most recent revision of the NIV (supposedly directly transcribed from the dead sea scrolls) would be more accurate then?

I hope so, but I think they're only using the Dead Sea Scrolls to help define certain points and translations, as opposed to actually including them into the NIV - which is soemthing I'd like to see - the full Bible with all scrolls/scriptures included.

CoronaRT142 - yeah, I know I'll be going to the city of churches on Thursday, so I thought I better get all this stuff out while I'm still in sinful Sydney! Smile

seeyuzz
river
bubbles
Forums Junkie

Banned user

March 2004
Re: ghost (not this s*%t again) Mon, 15 August 2005 06:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
river wrote on Mon, 15 August 2005 16:35

Hi,

draven wrote on Mon, 15 August 2005 16:18

I hope so, but I think they're only using the Dead Sea Scrolls to help define certain points and translations, as opposed to actually including them into the NIV - which is soemthing I'd like to see - the full Bible with all scrolls/scriptures included.

CoronaRT142 - yeah, I know I'll be going to the city of churches on Thursday, so I thought I better get all this stuff out while I'm still in sinful Sydney! Smile

seeyuzz
river

Do you have these scrolls and their translation, i would like to see?
bubbles
Forums Junkie

Banned user

March 2004
Re: ghost (not this s*%t again) Mon, 15 August 2005 06:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
About taking blood I found this.

Genesis9:3 Every moving animal that is alive may serve as food for YOU. As in the case of green vegetation, I do give it all to YOU.
4 Only flesh with its soul—its blood—YOU must not eat.
5 And, besides that, YOUR blood of YOUR souls shall I ask back. From the hand of every living creature shall I ask it back; and from the hand of man, from the hand of each one who is his brother, shall I ask back the soul of man.
6 Anyone shedding man’s blood, by man will his own blood be shed, for in God’s image he made man.

Deuteronomy12:23 Simply be firmly resolved not to eat the blood, because the blood is the soul and you must not eat the soul with the flesh.
24 You must not eat it. You should pour it out upon the ground as water.
25 You must not eat it, in order that it may go well with you and your sons after you, because you will do what is right in Jehovahs eyes.

I have to read more into this.

[Updated on: Mon, 15 August 2005 06:48]

RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ghost (not this s*%t again) Mon, 15 August 2005 06:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
draven: yeah, the NIV (and many others) were taken from the best available Hebrew, Aramaic and Greek texts.

These texts (24000+ in existence) were compared (not all compared, just the most complete ones) to determine the most accurate and origional meaning for the NIV.

The Dead Sea scrolls completely contrary to the DaVinci Code actually confirm not contradict existing manuscripts. The variations were primarily place names and grammatical differences.

There are other translations also taken from the manuscripts but none as well known as the NIV
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: ghost (not this s*%t again) Mon, 15 August 2005 06:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Blood is a Chinese delicacy Surprised
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ghost (not this s*%t again) Mon, 15 August 2005 06:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I suck my finger when I cut it
bubbles
Forums Junkie

Banned user

March 2004
Re: ghost (not this s*%t again) Mon, 15 August 2005 06:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RobST162 wrote on Mon, 15 August 2005 16:55

I suck my finger when I cut it

good point, but its the blood of another persons soul the bible is refering to.
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: ghost (not this s*%t again) Mon, 15 August 2005 07:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So what about the blood of one individual given to another individual by transfusion to save a life? What is the bibles stand on this?

Bubbles?
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: ghost (not this s*%t again) Mon, 15 August 2005 07:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bah, we all kmow Mr Bubbles is just putting it on, and is just getting churchy to get some fresh untouched churchgirl ass ;P

sucks to be you, the priest would have defiled them while they were still nubile....

or maybe you were molested in church when you were young, and the only way to reconcile it is by believing it was in gods best interests perhaps.... a shitty position to be in.. i think you should just go and tell the cops like other people who managed to "escape" and be deprogrammed...

there are many support services for lost souls like yourself, who will teach you to have some real self-esteem, rather than depending on simple quotes to fight back the "heathens"

or maybe he gets bonus points when he prints this thread out and he moves up to spot 2,645,749 on the listy of those who will be kings at gods side or whatever Wink

seriously tho, there are support groups and dep[rogrammers that can help with your p[roblems, and failing that, a decent bout of chemically assisted psychiatry should do the trick.. then you can get on with your life Razz
(and back to modding cars instead of chasing holy ghosts Razz)

river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: ghost (not this s*%t again) Mon, 15 August 2005 07:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

bubbles wrote on Mon, 15 August 2005 16:24

Since the bible is gods book, dont you think false prophets would only be allowed to lie about the book, saing stuff like, the scriptures have been changed and oh, its best not to have a religion because the bible has changed., when really it says the same, just in a way that its easier to understand, for eg the oldest bible when Moses wrote Genesis and was translate from Hebraic to english, there were a lot of plural on terms has in he was speaking to people in general(like an audience), really thats how they spoke, but if I went to grab a newer bible its all in single terms and its easier to understand and it really says the same thing. Nothing really changed.
Besides everything in the bible makes sense, only to those who dont want to know

Alas, it isn't gods book. While the original works may have been written by men and women (mortals) I will, for arguments sake, assume the hand of God was involved in these writings.

The issue is that not all these works made it into the Bible. I would think that God, assuming its involvement with the texts, would like the entire story to be included for it to truly be his book.

The New Testament, as we know it, began to take shape in AD367 when a library of writings was sifted and collated ready for selection. Initial work was by Bishop Athanasius of Alexandria, who invented the term "canon" (approved law) and who became known as the Father or Othodoxy. before this there was no formally compiled book of the faith, just a series of individual Christian texts which were in various parts of the Roman Empire.

From Athanasuis' shortlist certain works were approved and ratified by the Council of Hippo in AD393, and by the Council of Carthage in AD397. There were various criteria which governed the selection - the first being the Gospels chosen for the New Testament must be written in the names of Jesus' own apostles. This ruling seems to have been disregarded from the outset, and the four Gospels that were approved for canonical use were those of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John. While Matthew and John were apostles, Mark and Luke were not - they were presented in Acts as being collegues of St Paul. However, Thomas, Philip and Peter were among the original twelve, yet the Gospels in their names were excluded. Moreso, these texts were sentenced to be destroyed, and throughtout the Mediterranean world people hid away these works, along with the Gospel of Mary which had suddenly been declared heretical.

Following this, the strategically compiled version of the New Testament was subjected to any number of edits and ammendments, until the version we are now familiar was approved by the Council of Trento, in Northern Italy, as late as 1547.

If indeed the Bible is God's book, one would of expected all the writings to be included. It appears that man has had his heavy hand into the sculpturing of the Bible. Sadly, it seems that God's book has been neutered and pasterised to ensure it met the needs of the men at the time and the religous views and doctrines they wished to portray.

Until all the texts are put into the one book and any changes and ammendments are reversed back to their true meanings I cannot accept the book is any more Gods book than I can accept a book on the letters A to P can represent the true alphabet. It is incomplete - deliberatly so.

seeyuzz
river
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: ghost (not this s*%t again) Mon, 15 August 2005 07:22 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
river: excellent point (which I forgot to bring up).
Pages (6): [ «  <  1  2  3  4  5  6  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic
Previous Topic:Shock Horror! River gets a job!!!!!
Next Topic:Designs or SLogans..for tees
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 05:42:19 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0092260837554932 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.