Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » The Outhouse » ghost (not this s*%t again)

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic
AuthorTopic
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: ghost (not this s*%t again) Mon, 15 August 2005 07:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

bubbles wrote on Mon, 15 August 2005 16:42

Do you have these scrolls and their translation, i would like to see?

I wish I did! They're priceless. I'd be a very rich man.

The scrolls are under lock and key. They have been examined and translated. Here is a list of books that you can read to find out more about them.

http://www.usc.edu/dept/LAS/wsrp/educational_site/ dead_sea_scrolls/books.shtml

seeyuzz
river
  Send a private message to this user  
Squid
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: ghost (not this s*%t again) Mon, 15 August 2005 07:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It is also known that the first few incarnations of the bible grossly misinterpreted the writings of it's predecessors (the dead seas scrolls being one example).

The dead sea scrolls give detailed descriptions of biblical events, many of which vary greatly from the way they are potrayed in the bible.

One account of Jesus of Nazareth was that he slayed the romans at calvary. The language in the scrolls relies on this to be read in context, out of context it could read Jesus was slain by the romans at calvary. When you consider the context that jesus appears later in the story, one could assume the context was that he was never killed. But of course selling this story to a christian is like selling ice to an eskimo.

River - This topic obviously interests me, but clearly my knowledge is far behind yours Sad any good books you can reccomend on the subject?
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: ghost (not this s*%t again) Mon, 15 August 2005 07:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

Actually, to be a pedant, there was no Jesus of Nazareth. Jesus was a Nazarene. The township of Nazareth was not in existence in Jesus' time. Smile

I listed some good Dead Sea Scroll stuff in the previous message. Also I listed some Laurence Gardner books which are very good earlier in these posts. I got a few others in boxes, 'cos I got hundreds of books - like a library around here at times Smile

Plus of course, the Bible.

seeyuzz
river
Squid
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: ghost (not this s*%t again) Mon, 15 August 2005 07:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That'll learn me for posting when I have only read two books on the topic!

Link in previous message didn't work for me.

river wrote on Mon, 15 August 2005 17:49

Plus of course, the Bible.

Thanks, but I Prefer to stick to the facts!! Smile
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: ghost (not this s*%t again) Mon, 15 August 2005 08:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

Hmmm, I just tried the link and it worked fine Confused

In defence of the Bible, the concept of compassion, morality, love and understanding is basically all there and has been unaltered by man or church. Be nice to people and all that jazz.

My main concern in regards to the Bible is the tainting of its words and its incompleteness that enforces many people to seek salvation through dogma and church doctrine.

seeyuzz
river
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ghost (not this s*%t again) Mon, 15 August 2005 08:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dude I so agree with you (river!)

To see people seeking freedom through dogma and doctrine is way the saddest thing ever!

Interesting how angry even Jesus got at the religious teachers of the day, calling them "vipers" and "hypocrites" for forcing lists of rules and traditions down people's throats and calling it "God's laws".

Later in the NT it's written that "It was for freedom that Christ set us free". Jesus came to break down the rote law and introduce a new command.

What a contrast huh...
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: ghost (not this s*%t again) Mon, 15 August 2005 14:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so this guy was gonna lead us to the light??

http://www.comfortablydumb.net/popeld.jpg
bubbles
Forums Junkie

Banned user

March 2004
Re: ghost (not this s*%t again) Mon, 15 August 2005 22:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RobST162 wrote on Mon, 15 August 2005 18:37

dude I so agree with you (river!)

To see people seeking freedom through dogma and doctrine is way the saddest thing ever!

Interesting how angry even Jesus got at the religious teachers of the day, calling them "vipers" and "hypocrites" for forcing lists of rules and traditions down people's throats and calling it "God's laws".

Later in the NT it's written that "It was for freedom that Christ set us free". Jesus came to break down the rote law and introduce a new command.

What a contrast huh...

First and foremons, and try to be hopen minded, the bible contradicts allot of religions, the bible says this about the false prophets, one bible one view one god(not my words).
The bible is the only source of superior wisdom that can tell us the truth of all important questions in life.

Regrettably, such practices as using religious images and repeating prayers by rote also discourage reasoning. These practices, along with impressive architecture, elaborate stained-glass windows, and captivating music, more or less define the extent of the religious experience of millions. Though some churches claim that their faith is based on the Bible, their message of 'believe in Jesus and you will be saved' makes light of serious Bible study. Others turn to preaching a social or political gospel. What is the result of all of this?
To be fair, these observations would also be true of other countries where so-called Christianity prevails. Many non-Christian religions likewise discourage reasoning and instead emphasize chants, ritualistic prayers, and various forms of meditation that involve mysticism, rather than logical, constructive thinking.
Yet, in their everyday life, the same people who give little thought to the accuracy or truthfulness of their religious beliefs often think other matters through very carefully. Does it not strike you as odd that the person who does extensive research just to buy a car which one day will end up on the scrap heap would say regarding his religion, 'If it was good enough for my parents, it's good enough for me'?
If we are truly interested in pleasing God, should we not consider seriously the accuracy of what we believe about him? The apostle Paul spoke of certain religious people of his day who had "a zeal for God; but not according to accurate knowledge." (Romans 10:2) Such ones could be compared to a hired painter who works hard to paint a house but uses the wrong colors because he fails to listen to the owner's instructions. The painter may be pleased with his work, but would it be acceptable to the owner?
What is acceptable to God regarding true worship? The Bible answers: "This is fine and acceptable in the sight of our Savior, God, whose will is that all sorts of men should be saved and come to an accurate knowledge of truth." (1 Timothy 2:3, 4) Some may feel that it is impossible to find such knowledge among the many religions of today. But think if it is God's will that people should come to an accurate knowledge of truth, would he unfairly conceal it from them? Not according to the Bible, which says: "If you search for [God], he will let himself be found by you. Chronicles 28:9.
I have said this more than 3 times, what you believe to be true can be a lie.

The trademark of oracles was their ambiguity. At Delphi, for example, the answers provided were uttered in unintelligible sounds. This made it necessary for priests to interpret them and create verses capable of opposite interpretations. A classic example of this is the answer given to Croesus, king of Lydia. When he consulted the oracle, he was told "If Croesus crosses the Halys, he will destroy a mighty empire." Actually, the "mighty empire" destroyed was his own! When Croesus crossed the river Halys to invade Cappadocia, he met defeat at the hands of Cyrus the Persian.

In sharp contrast with pagan oracles, Bible prophecies are noted for their accuracy and clarity. A case in point is the prophecy regarding the fall of Babylon, which is recorded in the Bible book of Isaiah. Some 200 years before this event took place, the prophet Isaiah predicted in a detailed and accurate way the overthrow of Babylon by Medo-Persia. The prophecy disclosed that the conqueror would bear the name Cyrus, and it revealed the very strategy of drying up a moatlike river defense and entering a fortified city through open gates. All of this was accurately fulfilled. (Isaiah 44:27-45:2) It was also correctly prophesied that Babylon would eventually be totally uninhabited.—Isaiah 13:17-22.

Consider, too, the explicit nature of this warning declared by the prophet Jonah: "Only forty days more, and Nineveh will be overthrown." (Jonah 3:4) There is no ambiguity here! The message was so dramatic and straightforward that the men of Nineveh immediately "began to put faith in God, and they proceeded to proclaim a fast and to put on sackcloth." As a result of their repentance, Jehovah did not bring calamity upon the Ninevites at that time.Jonah 3:5-10.

Oracles were used as a means of political influence. Rulers and military leaders often cited the interpretation that they favored in order to promote their own personal interests and undertakings, thereby giving such a "divine cloak." However, God's prophetic messages were given without deference to personal considerations.

To illustrate: God's prophet Nathan did not hold back from reproving erring King David. (2 Samuel 12:1-12) During the reign of Jeroboam II over the ten-tribe kingdom of Israel, the prophets Hosea and Amos delivered stern criticism to the rebellious king and his supporters because of their apostasy and God-dishonoring conduct. (Hosea 5:1-7; Amos 2:6-8) Especially caustic was Jehovah's warning to the king by the mouth of the prophet Amos: "I will rise up against the house of Jeroboam with a sword." (Amos 7:9) Jeroboam's house was annihilated. Kings 15:25-30; 2 Chronicles 13:20.

Most of the time, oracles were given for a price. The one who paid more would receive the oracle he liked. Those consulting the oracles at Delphi paid dearly for worthless information, thereby filling the temple of Apollo and additional edifices with great treasures. In contrast, Bible prophecies and warnings were given without cost and with no partiality whatsoever. That was the case regardless of the position or wealth of the person to whom they were directed, for a true prophet could not be bribed. The prophet and judge Samuel could sincerely ask: "From whose hand have I accepted hush money that I should hide my eyes with it? Samuel 12:3.

Since oracles were available only at specific places, an individual had to put forth considerable effort to travel there in order to receive them. For the average person, most of those places were extremely difficult to reach because they were situated in such locations as Dodona on Mount Tomarus in Epirus and Delphi in mountainous central Greece. Usually, only the rich and powerful were able to consult the gods at such oracles. Moreover, "the will of the gods" was revealed on only a few days during the year. In striking contrast, Jehovah God sent his prophetic messengers directly to the people in order to proclaim the prophecies that they needed to hear. During the Jews' Babylonian exile, for instance, God had at least three prophets serving among his people Jeremiah in Jerusalem, Ezekiel with the exiles, and Daniel in the capital of the Babylonian Empire. Jeremiah 1:1, 2; Ezekiel 1:1; Daniel 2:48.

Oracles were generally given in private so that the one receiving them could exploit their interpretation to his own advantage. In contrast, Bible prophecies were often given in public so that all could hear the message and understand its implications. The prophet Jeremiah many times spoke publicly in Jerusalem, although he knew that his message was unpopular among the leaders and the inhabitants of the city.Jeremiah 7:1, 2.

Today, oracles are viewed as a part of ancient history. They have no practical value for people living in our critical times. No such oracles deal with our day or with our future. In notable contrast, Bible prophecies are part of "the word of God [which] is alive and exerts power." (Hebrews 4:12) The already fulfilled prophecies of the Bible provide a pattern of Jehovah's dealings with people and reveal vital features of his purposes and personality. Additionally, important Bible prophecies await fulfillment in the near future. Describing what lies ahead, the apostle Peter wrote: "There are new heavens [the heavenly Messianic Kingdom] and a new earth [a righteous human society] that we are awaiting according to [God's] promise, and in these righteousness is to dwell. Peter 3:13.

This brief comparison of Bible prophecy and false religion's oracles may well lead you to a conclusion similar to that expressed in the book entitled The Great Ideas: "So far as the foreknowledge of mortal men is concerned, the Hebrew prophets seem to be unique. Unlike pagan diviners or soothsayers, . . . they do not have to employ arts or devices for penetrating divine secrets. . . . For the most part, their prophetic speeches, unlike those of the oracles, seem to be unambiguous. At least the intention seems to be to reveal, not to conceal, God's plan on such matters as He Himself wishes men to foresee the course of providence."

Does the bible contradict itself?
While some may claim the Bible contradicts itself, has anyone ever shown you an actual example? We have never seen one that could withstand scrutiny. True, there may appear to be discrepancies in certain Bible accounts. But the problem usually is lack of knowledge regarding details and circumstances of the times.

For example, some persons will draw attention to what they consider a discrepancy in the Bible, asking: 'Where did Cain get his wife?' The assumption is that Cain and Abel were the only children of Adam and Eve. But the assumption is based on a misunderstanding of what the Bible says. The Bible explains that Adam "became father to sons and daughters." (Genesis 5:4) Thus Cain married one of his sisters or possibly a niece.

Often critics are just looking for contradictions and so may declare: 'The Bible writer Matthew says that an army officer came to ask Jesus a favor, while Luke says that representatives were sent to ask. Which one is correct?' (Matthew 8:5, 6; Luke 7:2, 3) But is this really a contradiction?

When the activity or work of people is credited to the one who is actually responsible for it, a reasonable person does not claim a discrepancy. For example, do you consider a report to be in error that says a mayor built a road even though the actual building of the road was done by his engineers and laborers? Of course not! Similarly, it is not inconsistent for Matthew to say that the army officer made a request of Jesus but, as Luke writes, that such a request was made through certain representatives.

As more details are known, apparent discrepancies in the Bible disappear.

he historical accuracy of the Bible was once widely doubted. Critics, for example, questioned the existence of such Bible characters as King Sargon of Assyria, Belshazzar of Babylon, and the Roman governor Pontius Pilate. But recent discoveries have verified one Bible account after another. Thus historian Moshe Pearlman wrote: "Suddenly, sceptics who had doubted the authenticity even of the historical parts of the Old Testament began to revise their views."

If we are to trust the Bible, it must also be accurate in matters of science. Is it? Not long ago scientists, in contradiction of the Bible, asserted that the universe had no beginning. However, astronomer Robert Jastrow recently pointed to newer information that refutes this, explaining: "Now we see how the astronomical evidence leads to a biblical view of the origin of the world. The details differ, but the essential elements in the astronomical and biblical accounts of Genesis are the same. Genesis 1:1.

Men have also changed their views relative to the shape of the earth. "Voyages of discovery," explains The World Book Encyclopedia, "showed that the world was round, not flat as most people had believed." But the Bible was correct all along! More than 2,000 years before those voyages, the Bible said at Isaiah 40:22: "There is One who is dwelling above the circle of the earth," or as other translations say, "the globe of the earth" (Douay), "the round earth." (Moffatt)

I hope this helps, I gave the keyboard a great workout Laughing

[Updated on: Mon, 15 August 2005 23:00]

kingmick
Forums Junkie

Banned by his request

July 2002
Re: ghost (not this s*%t again) Mon, 15 August 2005 23:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LMAO if you put that energy into answering tech questions no one else would have to!lol. i read the first few words.
mick
p.s most people are followers and need to belong!others make things up to try and fit in,others are just mentally unstable or on drugs.why is it that ghosts,ufo's etc etc are only ever seen by the freaks of this world,yes i now there are some exeptions but they are few and far between.
mick
bubbles
Forums Junkie

Banned user

March 2004
Re: ghost (not this s*%t again) Tue, 16 August 2005 00:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im not finished Laughing
continue....
river: about Jesus birth celebration.

Concerning the Christmas celebration as it is generally known all over the world, The Encyclopedia Americana says: "Most of the customs now associated with Christmas were not originally Christmas customs but rather were pre-Christian and non-Christian customs taken up by the Christian church. Saturnalia, a Roman feast celebrated in mid-December, provided the model for many of the merry-making customs of Christmas. From this celebration, for example, were derived the elaborate feasting, the giving of gifts, and the burning of candles."
The Encyclopedia Americana explains: "Nativity plays early became a part of the Christmas celebration . . . The representation in church of the crèche [the manger scene] is said to have been begun by Saint Francis." These plays featuring the birth of Christ were performed in the churches during the beginning of the colonization of Mexico. They were organized by Franciscan monks in order to teach the Indians about the Nativity. Later the posadas became more popular. Whatever the original intention behind them, the way the posadas are held today speaks for itself. If you are in Mexico during this season, you can see or sense something that a writer for El Universal highlighted in his comment: "The posadas, which were a way to remind us of the pilgrimage of Jesus' parents looking for a shelter where the Child God could be born, are today only days of drunkenness, excesses, gluttony, vanities, and more and more crime."

The idea of the nacimiento emerged during Colonial times from the original live representations in churches. While some find it attractive, does it correctly represent what the Bible says? That is a valid question. When the so-called three wise men who in fact were astrologers visited, Jesus and his family were no longer living in a stable. Time had passed, and the family was living in a house. You will find it interesting to note this detail in the inspired record at Matthew 2:1, 11. You can also note that the Bible does not say how many astrologers there were.

In Latin America, the three wise men replace the idea of Santa Claus. Still, as is done in other lands, many parents hide toys in the home. Then on the morning of January 6, the children look for them, as if the three wise men brought them. This is a money-making time for toy sellers, and some have made a fortune on what many honesthearted people recognize is just a fantasy. The myth of the three wise men is losing credibility among a goodly number, even among little children. Though some are displeased that this myth is losing believers, what can anyone expect of a fantasy maintained only for the sake of tradition and for commercial convenience?

Christmas, or the Nativity, was not celebrated by early Christians. One encyclopedia says about this: "The celebration was not observed in the first centuries of the Christian church, since the Christian usage in general was to celebrate the death of remarkable persons rather than their birth." The Bible links the celebration of birthdays with pagans, not with God's true worshipers. Matthew 14:6-10.

This does not, of course, mean that it is not beneficial to learn and remember the actual events involved in the birth of the Son of God. The factual Bible account provides important insights and lessons for all those who want to do God's will.

[Updated on: Tue, 16 August 2005 00:11]

river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: ghost (not this s*%t again) Tue, 16 August 2005 01:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

It's good to see that you're now expanding your arguments as opposed to merely quoting passages from the Bible.

Conflicts within the Bible do not concern me greatly. After all, these texts were written by different people and at different times and with different points of view. So, I expect there to be some form of confusion of conflict over certain aspects.

I have no dispute with you over the commercialisation of Christmas and Easter.

The main point I've been trying to get across is that God's Book has been raped and tainted by man for the purpose of man, to gain power over the masses. Not only have parts been edited, and removed, but a large portion of texts were not included. All of this was done to ensure the man-constructed version of the Bible ensured allegiance and devotion of the masses to pay homage to the Church. In other words, for the Church to keep and maintain power over the people.

The whole mission of Jesus wasn't just to teach the word of God to the masses, but to make God available to all and sundry without dogma, without doctrine and without the requirement to pay homage to institutions, or superfluous ceremony. God is something that anyone can beleive in and communicate with, without the need for churches, temples, ceremony, and all the other strings that are now attached by the churchian dogma.

The fact that you beleive that Mary Magdalene was a prostitute shows that you have not read any of the texts that enlighten you on what was excluded from the Bible. She was not only a well respected woman of fine virtue, but the wife of Jesus and the mother of his children.

Although you may have read the Bible and understand it, you also owe it to yourself to dig deeper into the history of the book and gain more knowledge on what is missing. While the Bible is a source of much information, there is much more out there that you should know and understand. In its current form, the Bible does not portray the complete or fully accurate account of Jesus, the Apostles and history.

I am not a religous person and I don't pay homage to any such dogma. Perhaps that is why I am more open minded and seek to find all the information. My faith and beleifs are not cast in stone, nor are they moulded by doctrine, and I find that refreshing and comforting for it enables me to explore and gain more understanding and information, without the fear of having any predisposed ideas being challenged or shattered.

I'm not challenging your beleif in God - nor the existence of God, or Jesus. I am questioning your undisputed loyalty to an institution (and the limited form of the current Bible and how it is taught) that has spoon fed you into a manufactured and limited concept. There's more to the picture than the church would like you to see. Furthermore, the missing information doesn't belittle the importance of God, Jesus or his teachings. It actually limits the power of the church, and that is why new Biblical discoveries are not included in the Bible and why the congregational masses will not be made privvy to this information.

In the end, we can go around in circles forever. I doubt that I'll convince you and you aren't convincing me. The best we can achieve is to "agree to disagree".

seeyuzz
river
bubbles
Forums Junkie

Banned user

March 2004
Re: ghost (not this s*%t again) Tue, 16 August 2005 02:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
river wrote on Tue, 16 August 2005 11:26

Hi,

It's good to see that you're now expanding your arguments as opposed to merely quoting passages from the Bible.

Conflicts within the Bible do not concern me greatly. After all, these texts were written by different people and at different times and with different points of view. So, I expect there to be some form of confusion of conflict over certain aspects.

I have no dispute with you over the commercialisation of Christmas and Easter.

The main point I've been trying to get across is that God's Book has been raped and tainted by man for the purpose of man, to gain power over the masses. Not only have parts been edited, and removed, but a large portion of texts were not included. All of this was done to ensure the man-constructed version of the Bible ensured allegiance and devotion of the masses to pay homage to the Church. In other words, for the Church to keep and maintain power over the people.

The whole mission of Jesus wasn't just to teach the word of God to the masses, but to make God available to all and sundry without dogma, without doctrine and without the requirement to pay homage to institutions, or superfluous ceremony. God is something that anyone can beleive in and communicate with, without the need for churches, temples, ceremony, and all the other strings that are now attached by the churchian dogma.

The fact that you beleive that Mary Magdalene was a prostitute shows that you have not read any of the texts that enlighten you on what was excluded from the Bible. She was not only a well respected woman of fine virtue, but the wife of Jesus and the mother of his children.

Although you may have read the Bible and understand it, you also owe it to yourself to dig deeper into the history of the book and gain more knowledge on what is missing. While the Bible is a source of much information, there is much more out there that you should know and understand. In its current form, the Bible does not portray the complete or fully accurate account of Jesus, the Apostles and history.

I am not a religous person and I don't pay homage to any such dogma. Perhaps that is why I am more open minded and seek to find all the information. My faith and beleifs are not cast in stone, nor are they moulded by doctrine, and I find that refreshing and comforting for it enables me to explore and gain more understanding and information, without the fear of having any predisposed ideas being challenged or shattered.

I'm not challenging your beleif in God - nor the existence of God, or Jesus. I am questioning your undisputed loyalty to an institution (and the limited form of the current Bible and how it is taught) that has spoon fed you into a manufactured and limited concept. There's more to the picture than the church would like you to see. Furthermore, the missing information doesn't belittle the importance of God, Jesus or his teachings. It actually limits the power of the church, and that is why new Biblical discoveries are not included in the Bible and why the congregational masses will not be made privvy to this information.

In the end, we can go around in circles forever. I doubt that I'll convince you and you aren't convincing me. The best we can achieve is to "agree to disagree".

seeyuzz
river

By this post a can see that you are very miss informed.

THERE are 2 MARY"S, Mother of Jesus, and Mary Magdalene. Why didnt you ask me this.

You dont even no what the mission of Jesus was and you are telling me what you think without any prof and I am giving you all the prof you want.
I said what happen to the texts and I wouldent be surprised that there would be more text that arent fruitfull. What didnt you understand from my second last post?

oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: ghost (not this s*%t again) Tue, 16 August 2005 03:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bubbles wrote on Tue, 16 August 2005 12:29

The main point I've been trying to get across is I've been raped and tainted by God for the purpose of Man, to gain power over my ass. Not only have my parts been edited, and removed, but a large portion of the priests parts were included. All of this was done to ensure the man-constructed version of the Bible ensured allegiance and devotion of the masses to pay homage to the Church. In other words, for the Church to keep and maintain power over the people, their priests need to continue to rape (peadophiles) and pillage ("donations").

yeah i know it's misquoted but nyeh... Mr Bubbles has hsi head so far up his ass he can't see the light anymore...

so here's the former leader of millions and millions of christians.. again
bubbles
Forums Junkie

Banned user

March 2004
Re: ghost (not this s*%t again) Tue, 16 August 2005 03:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oldcorollas wrote on Tue, 16 August 2005 13:34

bubbles wrote on Tue, 16 August 2005 12:29

The main point I've been trying to get across is I've been raped and tainted by God for the purpose of Man, to gain power over my ass. Not only have my parts been edited, and removed, but a large portion of the priests parts were included. All of this was done to ensure the man-constructed version of the Bible ensured allegiance and devotion of the masses to pay homage to the Church. In other words, for the Church to keep and maintain power over the people, their priests need to continue to rape (peadophiles) and pillage ("donations").

yeah i know it's misquoted but nyeh... Mr Bubbles has hsi head so far up his ass he can't see the light anymore...

so here's the former leader of millions and millions of christians.. again

Just incase you didnt know, I dont worship men
zasa
Regular

October 2004

Re: ghost (not this s*%t again) Tue, 16 August 2005 03:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Interesting thread (and sorry for trolling).

Question for you bubbles:

Are you quoting (or not rather) the long posts above?

If it's not your own writing have the courtesy to quote the original author

http://www.copyscape.com/view.php?o=66804&u=ht tp%3A%2F%2Fwww.watchtower.org%2Flibrary%2Fw%2F1999 %2F7%2F15%2Farticle_02.htm&t=1124165134&s= http%3A%2F%2Fforums.toymods.org.au%2Findex.php%3Ft %3Dmsg%26th%3D77578%26start%3D240%26rid%3D7793%26S %3Dd5822014e615a0f28584bfbc21262efa&w=120& c=

[Updated on: Tue, 16 August 2005 04:07]

oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: ghost (not this s*%t again) Tue, 16 August 2005 04:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nice find Shocked
meh, it's a religious tradition to plagiarise texts and authors.

in fact, it is highly encouraged to quote the bible. original thought in the church is highly discouraged, because as soon as parishoners begin to ask Why? the church philosophies fall down as they are no longer relevant..

as for stealing text directly from someone elses site for your own argument without even changing words or acknowledging the author..

i think they'd even kick you out of "theological college" for academic plagiarism Razz

or maybe they encourage it..... Rolling Eyes
bubbles
Forums Junkie

Banned user

March 2004
Re: ghost (not this s*%t again) Tue, 16 August 2005 04:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oldcorollas wrote on Tue, 16 August 2005 14:20

nice find Shocked
meh, it's a religious tradition to plagiarise texts and authors.

in fact, it is highly encouraged to quote the bible. original thought in the church is highly discouraged, because as soon as parishoners begin to ask Why? the church philosophies fall down as they are no longer relevant..

as for stealing text directly from someone elses site for your own argument without even changing words or acknowledging the author..

i think they'd even kick you out of "theological college" for academic plagiarism Razz

or maybe they encourage it..... Rolling Eyes

Did I steal it? Really!!!Did I Laughing
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: ghost (not this s*%t again) Tue, 16 August 2005 04:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

In this series:
In Search of Trustworthy Predictions
Why You Can Trust Bible Prophecy