Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » The Outhouse » ghost (not this s*%t again)

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic
AuthorTopic
bubbles
Forums Junkie

Banned user

March 2004
Re: ghost (not this s*%t again) Sun, 14 August 2005 05:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
draven wrote on Sun, 14 August 2005 15:23

you should know by now, I'm always right Smile

Magdalene legacy is on my list of books to read in the near future... and I might have to add bloodline of the holy grail!

it's always fun in the ciy to argue with the drive-by preachers, see how long it takes them to either leave you along, or try and force their church's business card on you.

incidentally, there is very little in this world more annoying than a mormon who speaks broken english trying to convert you. I think my sarcasm was lost on them (but really, when you're wearing a death metal shirt depicting people dying and wearing a pagan necklace...)

Im no mormon and not trying to convert no one. Im just speaking the truth.
  Send a private message to this user  
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: ghost (not this s*%t again) Sun, 14 August 2005 05:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
funny, I was talking about mormons... not you.
I'm not getting drawn into that discussion on here anymore. I'm now having a literary discussion with River Smile
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: ghost (not this s*%t again) Sun, 14 August 2005 05:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bubbles wrote on Sun, 14 August 2005 15:22

Your wrong, i have 8 different bibles and they are all the same.

dude, you have to pick one or the other.. they are either the same.. or different Wink

and to you they are not wrong.. you believe/have faith that they are correct, and thus no-one can argue otherwise.

your faith is your faith... and there is no right or wrong about it.. just because it works for you doesn't make it "right" either.. it's just your way of coping with the big bad world.. somepeople do not need a belief system to get on with their lives..

what is wrong is when people take it to extremes, ie extremists, and start forcing their view onto other people... either by violence, mormons, or the "family first" party...

we all know sebastian? won that aus idol because he's a good singer Wink nothing to do with that cult he's in Razz
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: ghost (not this s*%t again) Sun, 14 August 2005 05:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
[quote title=oldcorollas wrote on Sun, 14 August 2005 15:41]

thats cos you stole them all from the same motel
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: ghost (not this s*%t again) Sun, 14 August 2005 05:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
[quote title=Corona RT142 wrote on Sun, 14 August 2005 15:42]
oldcorollas wrote on Sun, 14 August 2005 15:41

thats cos you stole them all from the same motel

dude.. they're "complimentary" ... it's like collecting beer coasters or spoons...

just kiddin Wink.. i was brought up anglican Razz

[Updated on: Sun, 14 August 2005 05:57]

bubbles
Forums Junkie

Banned user

March 2004
Re: ghost (not this s*%t again) Sun, 14 August 2005 06:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oldcorollas wrote on Sun, 14 August 2005 15:41

dude, you have to pick one or the other.. they are either the same.. or different Wink

and to you they are not wrong.. you believe/have faith that they are correct, and thus no-one can argue otherwise.

your faith is your faith... and there is no right or wrong about it.. just because it works for you doesn't make it "right" either.. it's just your way of coping with the big bad world.. somepeople do not need a belief system to get on with their lives..

what is wrong is when people take it to extremes, ie extremists, and start forcing their view onto other people... either by violence, mormons, or the "family first" party...

we all know sebastian? won that aus idol because he's a good singer Wink nothing to do with that cult he's in Razz

I agree about your point on extremists and that poeple should not be forced into a religion. These are all things detestable in the eyes of god. Matthew24:23,24
Im not forcing no one to believe anything, just defending the bible. You type allot, but if i ask one simple question like where is it flawed you wouldent be able to answer me back, and also i dont have faith, i practise faith.

oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: ghost (not this s*%t again) Sun, 14 August 2005 06:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bubbles wrote on Sun, 14 August 2005 16:09

You type allot, but if i ask one simple question like where is it flawed you wouldent be able to answer me back, and also i dont have faith, i practise faith.

i do type much because i'm sitting on my arse using an electron microscope on a sunday.. (OMG will i go to hell for working on the sabbath?) and to be honest, i spend too much time working on improving jet turbine blades to research an answer that i would be happy with..
fact is, many people have already done this already, and there is no need for me to repeat their findings... bible is a book, and an interesting read, but i would not dedicate my life to it and pay some other guy to sit on his ass all day to tell me about it... (oh sorry.. he went to theologivcal college Wink )

you should have faith instead of practising it.. sounds like using "god mode" in shoot em ups, practisign for when you will "actually" play the game Razz

anyways.. this is too OT for me too.... no-one can find an answer for you Bubbles because you "believe" and regardless of who is right or wrong, it's still your belief, and your adamant demands to be proven wrong show how worried you are about actually being wrong.. it's like an american defending the war in iraq...
Dorio86
Regular

August 2005
Re: ghost (not this s*%t again) Sun, 14 August 2005 06:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No Message Body

[Updated on: Sun, 14 August 2005 06:26]

bubbles
Forums Junkie

Banned user

March 2004
Re: ghost (not this s*%t again) Sun, 14 August 2005 06:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oldcorollas wrote on Sun, 14 August 2005 16:20

You type allot, but if i ask one simple question like where is it flawed you wouldent be able to answer me back, and also i dont have faith, i practise faith.

i do type much because i'm sitting on my arse using an electron microscope on a sunday.. (OMG will i go to hell for working on the sabbath?) and to be honest, i spend too much time working on improving jet turbine blades to research an answer that i would be happy with..
fact is, many people have already done this already, and there is no need for me to repeat their findings... bible is a book, and an interesting read, but i would not dedicate my life to it and pay some other guy to sit on his ass all day to tell me about it... (oh sorry.. he went to theologivcal college Wink )

you should have faith instead of practising it.. sounds like using "god mode" in shoot em ups, practisign for when you will "actually" play the game Razz

anyways.. this is too OT for me too.... no-one can find an answer for you Bubbles because you "believe" and regardless of who is right or wrong, it's still your belief, and your adamant demands to be proven wrong show how worried you are about actually being wrong.. it's like an american defending the war in iraq...

plz type something that makes sense
Im bored.
Your not going to hell for working on the sabbath, because there is no hell.
I have the answers, but all you do is talk crap that you can't back up.
dizzy
Regular

February 2004
Re: ghost (not this s*%t again) Sun, 14 August 2005 06:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bubbles wrote on Sun, 14 August 2005 16:32

oldcorollas wrote on Sun, 14 August 2005 16:20

plz type something that makes sense
Im bored.
Your not going to hell for working on the sabbath, because there is no hell.
I have the answers, but all you do is talk crap that you can't back up.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v238/kikkomantest/musicboohoo.gif

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v238/kikkomantest/dancing-lock.gif
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: ghost (not this s*%t again) Sun, 14 August 2005 06:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pantheism..

skellator
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: ghost (not this s*%t again) Sun, 14 August 2005 07:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have a few things to add to this thread:

1. Laughing

2. Confused

3. Rolling Eyes

4. Laughing

thankyou
Sprinter Adam
Regular

July 2005
Re: ghost (not this s*%t again) Sun, 14 August 2005 07:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I like topics Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: ghost (not this s*%t again) Sun, 14 August 2005 07:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dude, you're 23. if you have the answers now the rest of your life is going to be really boring, and you're a hell of a lot smarter than me. faith is not something you practise. you have it or you don't. It can develop over time and experience, but it's really hard to convince yourself that something exists when you think it doesn't (which is what pracising faith would be like)
Benjamin
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: ghost (not this s*%t again) Sun, 14 August 2005 07:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bubbles wrote on Sun, 14 August 2005 14:16

mynameisrodney: Its the only book I know that explain why where here, why we are all different and speak different languages, why god permits suffering, why do we die and what god wants from us

Why do you want an explanation as to why we are here?

Actually if you want another "Novel" to keep you interested maybe you should read Contact - by Carl Sagan (yes you could watch the movie but Jodie Foster gives me the shits...)

I have found that science fiction novels have more philosophical aspects than you would expect
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: ghost (not this s*%t again) Sun, 14 August 2005 08:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

Indeed!

One thing I'm learning as I get older.... "the more you know the more you don't know."

My old man used to say that to me when I was younger and I never understood it. Now however, I do understand.

As I grew older and hopefully gain more insight and wisdom I see that there is so much more I don't know. So much more I should know and would like to know. I just didn't know how ignorant I was until I got enough life experiences and knowledge behind me to realise this.

Draven, another Laurence Gardner book that you may be interested in is "Lost Secrets of the Sacred Ark". It's more of a technical bent, using the lost scrolls, Biblical texts and scientific fact and other information to highlight what exactly was the Ark of the Covenant (in technical terms, as opposed to religous meanings). It shows it's history with references to the Egyptians and the Knights Templars, and it's usage. Quite a good read and one of those books that make you think a bit - which is something I like. It's good to have your mind and beleifs challenged in a way that makes you think outside your normal zone of comfort.

I've just started reading "Supernature" again, by Lyall Watson. I read it 20 years ago and I have the urge to read it again. Also I got his second book "Supernature II", whcih I haven't read and will do so when I finish the first.

"Time" by Alexander Waugh is also a good, yet quirky, read about the history of time, time measurement and how we derived our current time periods and how it affected civilisation.

seeyuzz
river

unforgiven
Forums Junkie

February 2005
Re: ghost (not this s*%t again) Sun, 14 August 2005 08:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jesus died when he saw monkeys throwing p00 at each other, so he was like cool and grabbed a handful of his p00 and chucked it at people, then he got sick with a p00 throwing related sickness.
tom210
Regular

March 2005
Re: ghost (not this s*%t again) Sun, 14 August 2005 08:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wolverine wrote on Fri, 12 August 2005 22:17

Shocked This photo was taken in a hospital after the patient was in an accident
where she was responsible for a young woman's death. It is said that when you
receive this image and do not send it to at least five people, the woman
will look for you during the night to collect your soul

Very Happy

http://img301.imageshack.us/my.php?image=att418179 5pm.jpg

dude that shit scared me, it loaded till the bottom of the bed, i could see bits of hair, then it stopped, i checked it every 15 seconds about 8 times and then it just jumped and the whole pic finished loading, arrgghh, that was weird

[Updated on: Sun, 14 August 2005 08:25]

mynameisrodney
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: ghost (not this s*%t again) Sun, 14 August 2005 08:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
unforgiven wrote on Sun, 14 August 2005 18:11

Jesus died when he saw monkeys throwing p00 at each other, so he was like cool and grabbed a handful of his p00 and chucked it at people, then he got sick with a p00 throwing related sickness.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

Quote:

Your wrong, i have 8 different bibles and they are all the same

i was talking about original translations not misquotes between publishing companies.

Here is your answer to where it is flawed.
http://www.religioustolerance.org/chr_bibl.htm
So i'm not wrong. i was speculating as to a possible reason, not stating a fact, and it still remains possible no matter how many copies of the bible you own that do not mention a cross. I'm am an atheist and work with a group of very devout christians and frequently talk to them about similar topics as this, and none of them has EVER made such a stupid statement as "Your wrong". there is no way anyone can know.
PS bonus stupid marks for using the wrong 'your/you're'

chris

Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: ghost (not this s*%t again) Sun, 14 August 2005 09:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
where are the gooddamn ghost pictures !

I came here for ghosts - all i got was Goat humpers , abd bible bashers!

Youve ruined my spooky moment - I hope your happy!
bubbles
Forums Junkie

Banned user

March 2004
Re: ghost (not this s*%t again) Sun, 14 August 2005 09:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mynameisrodney wrote on Sun, 14 August 2005 18:44

unforgiven wrote on Sun, 14 August 2005 18:11

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

Quote:

Your wrong, i have 8 different bibles and they are all the same

i was talking about original translations not misquotes between publishing companies.

Here is your answer to where it is flawed.
http://www.religioustolerance.org/chr_bibl.htm
So i'm not wrong. i was speculating as to a possible reason, not stating a fact, and it still remains possible no matter how many copies of the bible you own that do not mention a cross. I'm am an atheist and work with a group of very devout christians and frequently talk to them about similar topics as this, and none of them has EVER made such a stupid statement as "Your wrong". there is no way anyone can know.
PS bonus stupid marks for using the wrong 'your/you're'

chris

Laughing Take a look at this site and see if it makes sense. This keeps going around and around.
Satan trick Adam and Eve, what makes you think is not doing this to us right now?
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: ghost (not this s*%t again) Sun, 14 August 2005 09:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bubbles wrote on Sun, 14 August 2005 19:19

Satan trick Adam and Eve, what makes you think is not doing this to us right now?

And this is why arguing about religion is stupid. As soon as the person on the religious side is lost for an answer (usually only if they have limited knowledge/arguing skills) they pull out "all the knowledge of men is flawed" or what you've just said, and there's no way to refute it properly because you're coming from a point of assumption that God exists, and to prove that wrong you have to prove God doesn't exist, which is where the discussion started.

And you said that website's argument was circular!

To prove something exists, you have to start off from the point that it *doesn't* exist, and work from there. If you start off with God existing, therefore satan is tricking us, it's not gonna make for much of an argument.
bubbles
Forums Junkie

Banned user

March 2004
Re: ghost (not this s*%t again) Sun, 14 August 2005 09:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
draven wrote on Sun, 14 August 2005 19:28

bubbles wrote on Sun, 14 August 2005 19:19

And this is why arguing about religion is stupid. As soon as the person on the religious side is lost for an answer (usually only if they have limited knowledge/arguing skills) they pull out "all the knowledge of men is flawed" or what you've just said, and there's no way to refute it properly because you're coming from a point of assumption that God exists, and to prove that wrong you have to prove God doesn't exist, which is where the discussion started.

And you said that website's argument was circular!

To prove something exists, you have to start off from the point that it *doesn't* exist, and work from there. If you start off with God existing, therefore satan is tricking us, it's not gonna make for much of an argument.

yes it is cause A: most people believe in one god.
B: But theres allot of religions out, something is not right if theres 1 god there should be one religion, it doesnt make sense.
Right. The bible talks about this too and whats going to happen in revalation and these are things that yous dont know about. And why is that?. mmm Im using commen sense here, if you want me to bombared you with scriptures, all you have to do is ask.
mynameisrodney
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: ghost (not this s*%t again) Sun, 14 August 2005 09:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
in the words of Albert Einstein "common sense isn't very common, and usually doesnt make too much sense"

your posts are a perfect example
bubbles
Forums Junkie

Banned user

March 2004
Re: ghost (not this s*%t again) Sun, 14 August 2005 09:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
offcourse they are because you dont understand or you just want to be an ignorant
skellator
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: ghost (not this s*%t again) Sun, 14 August 2005 09:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
omg bubbles, stop it, you're killing me!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: ghost (not this s*%t again) Sun, 14 August 2005 09:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
uh.
I'm not sure if you actually addressed my points at all (either because you didn't, or I'm too tired to decipher your post), and while I admire how fervent you are about this topic it's still not making much progress. Plus I find people who feel the need to defend their religion so strongly that they can't just laugh it off to be either a) Zealots or b) insecure, and afraid of being insecure becuase then they might go to hell if hell exists, so why not play it safe?

Me? I plan on lounging around in pergatory for all eternity with the interesting people in the world Smile
mynameisrodney
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: ghost (not this s*%t again) Sun, 14 August 2005 09:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
question-
if hell is pretty much the jail to end all jails. wouldnt this make satan the warden? why would you put a master criminal in charge of a jail?
bubbles
Forums Junkie

Banned user

March 2004
Re: ghost (not this s*%t again) Sun, 14 August 2005 10:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
draven wrote on Sun, 14 August 2005 19:53

uh.
I'm not sure if you actually addressed my points at all (either because you didn't, or I'm too tired to decipher your post), and while I admire how fervent you are about this topic it's still not making much progress. Plus I find people who feel the need to defend their religion so strongly that they can't just laugh it off to be either a) Zealots or b) insecure, and afraid of being insecure becuase then they might go to hell if hell exists, so why not play it safe?

Me? I plan on lounging around in pergatory for all eternity with the interesting people in the world Smile

You just reminded me of 2peter3:3,7 - For YOU know this first, that in the last days there will come ridiculers with their ridicule, proceedings according to their own desires
7 - But by the same word the heavens and the earth that are now are stored up for fire and are being reserved to the day of judgment and of destruction of the ungodly men.
mynameisrodney
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: ghost (not this s*%t again) Sun, 14 August 2005 10:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
a child rapist who 'finds god' goes to heaven. a buddist who spends their life soing charity work for child rape victims goes to hell.
why?
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: ghost (not this s*%t again) Sun, 14 August 2005 10:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
[quote title=bubbles wrote on Sun, 14 August 2005 20:05You just reminded me of 2peter3:3,7 - For YOU know this first, that in the last days there will come ridiculers with their ridicule, proceedings according to their own desires
7 - But by the same word the heavens and the earth that are now are stored up for fire and are being reserved to the day of judgment and of destruction of the ungodly men.[/quote]

you just reminded me of a quote from someone not so famous (or fictional)
"anyone who uses bible quotes to defend themselves is a chickenlicker"

Razz Razz Razz

[Updated on: Sun, 14 August 2005 10:18]

oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: ghost (not this s*%t again) Sun, 14 August 2005 10:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
"because it's like a horrible taste in their mouths they have to spit at everyone".....
bubbles
Forums Junkie

Banned user

March 2004
Re: ghost (not this s*%t again) Sun, 14 August 2005 10:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mynameisrodney wrote on Sun, 14 August 2005 19:57

question-
if hell is pretty much the jail to end all jails. wouldnt this make satan the warden? why would you put a master criminal in charge of a jail?

First, hell(Hades, Sheol) is not a literal place of fiery torment. issaih38:18 For its not Sheol that can laud you death itself cannot praise you.
acts2:27 because you will not leave my soul in Hades.
acts2:31 he saw beforehand and spoke concerning the resurrection of the Christ, that neither was he forsaken in Hades nor did his flesh see corruption.

Second, satan is not the warden of hell, but the current governer of this system of things
. Im not going to type all this, you can read it yourself
World under is control as god. -2Co4:4 1Jo5:19 Re12.9
Allowed to remain until the issue is settle. -Ex9:16 Jon12:31
To be abyssed, then destroyed. -Re20:2,3,10

mynameisrodney
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: ghost (not this s*%t again) Sun, 14 August 2005 10:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
but as a governor he is still in charge
bubbles
Forums Junkie

Banned user

March 2004
Re: ghost (not this s*%t again) Sun, 14 August 2005 10:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mynameisrodney wrote on Sun, 14 August 2005 20:36

but as a governor he is still in charge

We still suffer, theres still confusion,we dont have our eternal life back or our perfection, so i guess its a yes
IRA11Y
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002

Re: ghost (not this s*%t again) Sun, 14 August 2005 10:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Im always intrigued by the religious discussion. Ive fallen in and out of religious circles over my brief interlude on this earth, most of my experiences havent been positive, thats not to say that the religion I was practicing in at the time was bad or the people were evil or demented. Just that my overall experience wasnt a positive one.

I think i was born 100% sceptic.. that doesent really work for the belief system.. and I havent found a religion yet that likes anyone asking twenty question everytime someone opens there mouth to quote some crap with thier own bent from the greatest novel of all time.

I guess thats why I had average experiences.. I like to ask a lot of questions.. unfortunately I found that most religious groups knowledge is only a few questions deep.. try this next time the mormons knock on the door.... wait till theyve said there piece.. pick one of the religious quotes they use.. then ask them why that quote is so significant. Keep asking and exploring it down to microscopic level by asking why on each important statement they make in regard to the first question.. ill bet that by the time you get to the 5th "why" they are getting frustrated because really they havent bothered to explore it that far individually... bit of blind faith perhaps.

there was always one question I never got an answer to...

in the scheme of religions whenever you talk about evolution they generally answer in a modernistic way like...

"well yes evolution was there but god can start from very small beginnings and although man was created by god the bible doesent give exact definitions as to the term created, so an instant man my not neccesarily be correct in the overall term but god still created us"

and you might answer back something like..

" and so god was given the power to create all of us?

and they will generally agree after a 5 minute long winded reply

then ask them...

"well if god had the power to create all of us, with our inbuilt floors and faults, and he had been given the power to create everything around us, and he gave us the power to sin, then who gave god the power to create us? and who created this diety called god? Is there a higher level of god? sorta like a corporation type thing?"

anyway, I agree with what has been said previously... no matter how much you try to logically define religion its always going to be a head against the brick wall battle, logical people generally like to analyse to get a fact to believe in. People with devout belief will always ignore facts, because with those facts their beliefs may be flawed and they will have to find another belief system, hey lets face it, no one like to be told what they believe in has been totally wrong.

At the end of the day we are all here using things to help us get thru life. Some of us are happy to travel along believing that we as individuals can shape outcomes by our own decisions to a certain point, and of course there is an element of the unknown or fate tossed in, but generally we tend to believe in ourselves and our ability to judge what is right and wrong by the reactions of others to our own actions and try and get thru with as much happiness as possible.

Then some of us also go thru life needed a helping hand to get over what mental blocks we put in place about life, we need something to believe in to use as a crutch to help us on our merry way thru the unknown of life in order to accept unexplicable events and outcomes that may not seem in our favour.

Discalimer: this message was not intended to insult, demean,critise or define via pigeon holing any one or particular group.. if you feel any of my statements did the above please feel free to PM me where I can really let loose Razz
mynameisrodney
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: ghost (not this s*%t again) Sun, 14 August 2005 10:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok so now that we are on common ground
why would god let satan be in charge of all the evil people?
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: ghost (not this s*%t again) Sun, 14 August 2005 11:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bubbles wrote on Sun, 14 August 2005 20:05

You just reminded me of 2peter3:3,7 - For YOU know this first, that in the last days there will come ridiculers with their ridicule, proceedings according to their own desires
7 - But by the same word the heavens and the earth that are now are stored up for fire and are being reserved to the day of judgment and of destruction of the ungodly men.

and how is that in any way productive, useful, or insightful? I challenge your argument logically, and you respond by saying I'm going to be destroyed by fire at judgement day. "Oh no this person is threatening my belief system, I call down the wrath of God on him".

And also ask yourself exactly how threatened me, a non-believer, will be by that quote?
I think Stu gave the perfect response to that.

I'm with Irally on this. I'm a big asker of questions, and a staunch agnostic. I don't dismiss anything out of hand, but I do require either proof or a very convincing argument to be swayed, and the bible just doesn't provide it.

I also like to ask the question about the mass child molester/rapist who has abused and killed over 100 children in his life, who in the last 5 months of his life is sorry and accepts God. He gets into heaven. The agnostic elderly woman who never found faith in God (perhaps after her one and only husband was untimely taken from her), who has dedicated her entire life to bettering the lives of others, giving selflessly of whatever she can spare... this woman goes to hell. (or purgatory, depending on your belief system)

XiL3D
Regular

April 2003
Re: ghost (not this s*%t again) Sun, 14 August 2005 11:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
river wrote on Thu, 11 August 2005 21:01

Hi,

That's why I now only sleep with a 6ft-long 18RG-powered dildo. Anything that spooks me at night is gonna get a royal shafting up the chutney, courtesy of Mr Toyota!

seeyuzz
river

im sure thats why you sleep one.... Rolling Eyes

jks river Laughing Laughing Laughing
bubbles
Forums Junkie

Banned user

March 2004
Re: ghost (not this s*%t again) Sun, 14 August 2005 11:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mynameisrodney wrote on Sun, 14 August 2005 20:53

I though you you would never ask. give me 30 minutes

Devil challenged loyalty of creatures to God Job1:11,12
Devil proved a liar, issue to be settled Jon12:31
Faithfull rewarded with everlasting life Ro2:6,7 Re21:3-5

[Updated on: Sun, 14 August 2005 11:31]

mynameisrodney
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: ghost (not this s*%t again) Sun, 14 August 2005 11:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

I also like to ask the question about the mass child molester/rapist who has abused and killed over 100 children in his life, who in the last 5 months of his life is sorry and accepts God. He gets into heaven. The agnostic elderly woman who never found faith in God (perhaps after her one and only husband was untimely taken from her), who has dedicated her entire life to bettering the lives of others, giving selflessly of whatever she can spare... this woman goes to hell. (or purgatory, depending on your belief system)

i asked the same thing a few posts up and he conveniently 'forgot' to reply.

meanwhile i just wiped the dust off my bible to look for the flaws which bubbles encouraged me to find. how bout this one:
"And now we will make human beings; they will be like us and resemble us." - Genesis 1:26
who exactly is god talking to? thats on page 2 of the bible by the way. didnt have to go far
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: ghost (not this s*%t again) Sun, 14 August 2005 11:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well i was brought up anglican.. but i asked too many questions... literally.. i was told that i didn't have enough faith...
then agnostic.. then atheistic for a bit...

but i have firmly settled on Pantheism....

i'm sick of all the "my god and religion is better than yours so i'll kill your children with a rocket launcher" crap... categorically, you and your "going to die horribly because your god is not the one i KNOW is the only god" ideals, can go and fuck yourself sideways in the nicest possible way..

when religions are cross-tolerant, and stop advocating (or hiding Wink ) child molestation/ humans rights abuse, then the world will be a better place.... a pantheists heaven on earth Razz

[Updated on: Sun, 14 August 2005 11:24]

mynameisrodney
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: ghost (not this s*%t again) Sun, 14 August 2005 11:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what exactly is pantheism? ive never heard of it before. im not trying to rip on you or anything, just curious. not sexually.

[Updated on: Sun, 14 August 2005 11:25]

IRA11Y
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002

Re: ghost (not this s*%t again) Sun, 14 August 2005 11:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah me too.. Pantheism .. Please Explain! ( please use voice of Pauline Pantsdown when reading)
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: ghost (not this s*%t again) Sun, 14 August 2005 11:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mynameisrodney wrote on Sun, 14 August 2005 21:24

what exactly is pantheism? ive never heard of it before. im not trying to rip on you or anything, just curious. not sexually.

heres a start.. http://pantheism.area51.ipupdater.com/

basically it means, "get over your fucking religious hangups, we are all stuck here for a while, so we may as well enjoy it...."

oh wait.. maybe thats atheism Wink

basically stuff came from somewhere.. matter was not randomly created, and if it was, where did it come into existence to..

the whole god created everything is crap, becuase someone made him, etc etc.. basically, human mind is too small to comprehend, so some ppl take refuge behind peadophiles, and other just accept the world for what it is.. a big happy place to play in!!
mynameisrodney
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: ghost (not this s*%t again) Sun, 14 August 2005 11:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sounds nice. i'm in
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: ghost (not this s*%t again) Sun, 14 August 2005 11:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mynameisrodney wrote on Sun, 14 August 2005 21:24

everyone is curious sexually.. and so they should be Razz Razz

if god is so perfect, why the fuck didn't he make superalloys with higher oxidation resistance.. if he did, i wouldn't be working on a sunday Razz and turbines wouldn't loose all the blades every now and again (JAL last week Shocked )
bubbles
Forums Junkie

Banned user

March 2004
Re: ghost (not this s*%t again) Sun, 14 August 2005 11:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mynameisrodney wrote on Sun, 14 August 2005 21:19

Quote:

i asked the same thing a few posts up and he conveniently 'forgot' to reply.

meanwhile i just wiped the dust off my bible to look for the flaws which bubbles encouraged me to find. how bout this one:
"And now we will make human beings; they will be like us and resemble us." - Genesis 1:26
who exactly is god talking to? thats on page 2 of the bible by the way. didnt have to go far

You dont understand what you read Laughing . we where created in gods image and dont forget Adam and Eve had perfection, they lost all that when the snake came into the picture.
bubbles
Forums Junkie

Banned user

March 2004
Re: ghost (not this s*%t again) Sun, 14 August 2005 11:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mynameisrodney wrote on Sun, 14 August 2005 20:53

I though you you would never ask. give me 30 minutes

Devil challenged loyalty of creatures to God Job1:11,12
Devil proved a liar, issue to be settled Jon12:31
Faithfull rewarded with everlasting life Ro2:6,7 Re21:3-5
mynameisrodney
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: ghost (not this s*%t again) Sun, 14 August 2005 11:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bubbles wrote on Sun, 14 August 2005 21:41

You dont understand what you read Laughing . we where created in gods image and dont forget Adam and Eve had perfection, they lost all that when the snake came into the picture.

ummmm... WTF. what you wrote has no bearing whatsoever on what i said. god is apparently speaking in plural
"And now we will make human beings; they will be like us and resemble us."
if there is only one god, who is he speaking to?

[Updated on: Sun, 14 August 2005 11:50]

IRA11Y
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002

Re: ghost (not this s*%t again) Sun, 14 August 2005 11:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

see now thats just one of those typical un-thought-out responses weve all come to love.

firstly how can adam and eve have had perfection, you start blaming the snake but all it did was offer an option. It diddnt wrap itself around Adams nuts and tell Eve hed squeeze the heck out of them unless she took a bite.

Eve choose to take a bite from the apple, therefore she was made imperfect to begin with.. and just who was it that made her imperfect I wonder.
IRA11Y
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002

Re: ghost (not this s*%t again) Sun, 14 August 2005 11:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
and too add.....

Quote:

we where created in gods image

so does that now totally blow the image of god as Mr Perfect?
tom210
Regular

March 2005
Re: ghost (not this s*%t again) Sun, 14 August 2005 11:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i tell you people GET THE FUCK OVER THIS RELIGION BULLSHIT, WHO CARES, This topic was about ghosts, not FUCKING JESUS, cough cough thats better.
bubbles
Forums Junkie

Banned user

March 2004
Re: ghost (not this s*%t again) Sun, 14 August 2005 11:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
IRA11Y wrote on Sun, 14 August 2005 21:51

Quote:

see now thats just one of those typical un-thought-out responses weve all come to love.

firstly how can adam and eve have had perfection, you start blaming the snake but all it did was offer an option. It diddnt wrap itself around Adams nuts and tell Eve hed squeeze the heck out of them unless she took a bite.

Eve choose to take a bite from the apple, therefore she was made imperfect to begin with.. and just who was it that made her imperfect I wonder.

I didnt offer an option, he lied and Eve believe in im. God clearly told them not to eat that specific fruit tree. They sined, we all sined. Still dont understand?
mynameisrodney
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: ghost (not this s*%t again) Sun, 14 August 2005 11:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
EDIT:you're gonna have to better than that.^^ you still havent answered any of my questions or accounted for the flaw which you encouraged me to find. and it wasnt hard to find.

tom
yeah but this is more interesting

[Updated on: Sun, 14 August 2005 11:57]

bubbles
Forums Junkie

Banned user

March 2004
Re: ghost (not this s*%t again) Sun, 14 August 2005 11:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
see just because they where perfect, they werent robots, iven angels join'd satan because they where rebellious
bubbles
Forums Junkie

Banned user

March 2004
Re: ghost (not this s*%t again) Sun, 14 August 2005 11:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mynameisrodney wrote on Sun, 14 August 2005 21:54

EDIT:you're gonna have to better than that.^^ you still havent answered any of my questions or accounted for the flaw which you encouraged me to find. and it wasnt hard to find.

tom

that wasent a flaw, it was just jargon
mynameisrodney
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: ghost (not this s*%t again) Sun, 14 August 2005 12:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i dont understand what point you are trying to make.

Questions
1.christian rapist->heaven. buddhist charity worker->hell. why?
2.who was god talking to/about when he said 'we' and 'us' in the above quotes?
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: ghost (not this s*%t again) Sun, 14 August 2005 12:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bubbles wrote on Sun, 14 August 2005 21:58

mynameisrodney wrote on Sun, 14 August 2005 21:54

tom

that wasent a flaw, it was just jargon

in other words.. "open to artistic interpretation" able to be bent to any particular religious whim at any given moment Wink
bubbles
Forums Junkie

Banned user

March 2004
Re: ghost (not this s*%t again) Sun, 14 August 2005 12:03 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
I just told you, there is no hell, heaven is only for 144,00 chosen people on earth.
Pages (6): [ «  <  1  2  3  4  5  6  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic
Previous Topic:Shock Horror! River gets a job!!!!!
Next Topic:Designs or SLogans..for tees
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat May 11 02:48:51 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.009397029876709 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.