Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
pkt-rkt
Regular

March 2005
    vz
troubles wiring up 100kw conversion Thu, 11 August 2005 07:13 Go to next message
Need help on this me and a mechanic cant wire up my ae82 with a 100kw to many problems, for those who say its easy bs ,the ae92 into a ae82 are no straight swaps, the looms are completely different ,and you cant just wire it up , you need all little bits and peices from the 100kw to make the loom fit, finally riped the dash out and now i cant wiring up my 100kw dash loom because it doesnt have the wiper on the loom , cant wire up the plugs for the fuse box as the plugs are different and cant just remap them. So many parts needed for this home conversion driving me nuts , headaches galor , the mechanice wants to try it his way while i try to tell him you cant just drill a hole thru the plenum and add sensors to the 100kw to get the ae82 stock loom to fit.

anyone else got this problem , The mechanic thinks the auto electrician wouldnt be able to do it as they dont have all the parts they need for it and just change over 1g to do it , the engine i got is gonna be worth less the the loom wiring , sux balls.
just needed to type this before i start crying Sad

Send a private message to this user    
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: troubles wiring up 100kw conversion Thu, 11 August 2005 08:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Woah, you changed the dash loom?

All you need to do is splice the 100kW sensor wires into the AE82 dash loom

There is like 6 wires.
pkt-rkt
Regular

March 2005
    vz
Re: troubles wiring up 100kw conversion Thu, 11 August 2005 09:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yer i know that but like i said the mechanic thinks it doesnt work like that, for the body loom and hes doing me a favor and never done this stuff b4 in his life
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: troubles wiring up 100kw conversion Thu, 11 August 2005 10:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well, it does.
It just takes a couple of hours to identify the wires and tag them.

Its not a difficult job if you take the time to understand it, but its by no means plug and play.
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: troubles wiring up 100kw conversion Fri, 12 August 2005 04:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
congratulations - your mechanic sounds like he is f-ing up your car Sad

take it away from there pronto.

CrUZisda is correct - there is seriously about 5or6 wires that are needed to be spliced at the body side of things.....

... your mechanic should be permanently BANNED from touching anything electronic ever again.

....... drilling the plenum for the bigport sensors... Shocked
ShAkEn
Regular

April 2003
Re: troubles wiring up 100kw conversion Fri, 12 August 2005 05:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I concur.

Did the 100kw into my ae86. Takes couple of hours.
You dont need to touch any body loom at all. Only the ECU loom. You need a high press fuel pump, and start relay pump-primer thing (sorry forgot its name)...most EFi toyos have one under the pass kick panel.

Connect all the sensors to the motor, then (wire by wire)Tag both ends (at the sensor and the ECU) for easy connection, chop the stock ones and extend them by heaps. Less in your FWD case but still leave them heaps long. Run them all into the car, mount the ecu. then all you do is chop and match the wires to the ones on the ECU plugs. You also need constant and switched power for the ECU...Find these in ur under bonnet fuse box.

Then enjoy your PHAT 4AGE sound....mmmm.

Good luck dude! Let us know how it goes.

Jon
pkt-rkt
Regular

March 2005
    vz
Re: troubles wiring up 100kw conversion Fri, 12 August 2005 09:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
witzl is right but hes doing me a favour i tried to tell him this as i learnt from these forums , but he only wants to help and is a good bloke as he is doingi t because i am best friends with his son , hes never did this before so he is trying to alter things to match , yes he was going to drill hole in plenum to fit big port air sensor on the 100kw Smile its cool now getting a pro to look at it on monday see what he thinks
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: troubles wiring up 100kw conversion Sat, 13 August 2005 11:10 Go to previous message
good idea buddy Smile
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Whats wrong with Whitchy's car now????
Next Topic:1g - ra28 questions
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 07:57:11 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0052168369293213 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.