Toymods » The Outhouse » Worst Movie Ever

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
st184 sillycar
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Worst Movie Ever Mon, 17 October 2005 02:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
illuminatus wrote on Mon, 17 October 2005 12:34

i agree with 80% of all the bad movies on here.

some to be added to the list:
- ANYTHING which stars tom green
- ANYTHING which stars jim carey

Ace Ventura 1 is pure gold, and A.V. 2 "When nature calls" is patchy at best, I'll admit . . but other than that I'd say Carey's films are o.k. for formulaic drivel - they simply never live up to the hype, that's all. - Just like any Adam Sandler film made after Happy Gilmore in 1996.

As for Tom Green - That's about as acquired as tastes can get ! ! ! I still can't think of anything to top the "Moose hit by truck" and "playing piano with sausages on strings" scenes in Freddy Got Fingered for off-the-wall genius.

the rest of the film sucked ARSE though Sad
  Send a private message to this user    
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Worst Movie Ever Mon, 17 October 2005 03:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
illuminatus wrote on Mon, 17 October 2005 12:34

i agree with 80% of all the bad movies on here.

some to be added to the list:
- face off
- once apon a time in mexico
- cabaret (fucking yr 12)
- demolition man(the movie based in 2010 where some guy gets frozen for like 30 years, and when he wakes up the world has changed so much that u get a fine for swearing and everyones a pussy)
- police acadamy(first 3 are good, but anything after 5 is pure crap)
- the rock
- ANYTHING which stars tom green
- ANYTHING which stars jim carey

Once apon a time in Mexico? WTF? That doesn't belong in there... and demolition man was great fun. Very Happy

st184 sillycar wrote on Mon, 17 October 2005 12:28

Shraka wrote on Mon, 17 October 2005 12:16

st184 sillycar wrote on Mon, 17 October 2005 12:04

I thought Existanz was O.K. - I mean C'mon: a bone gun that shoots teeth?

Brilliant ! !

The acting was terrable... it was almost as bad as Mutant Hunt.

terrable acting- juszt lyke yore speling. Razz

I don't remember being offended by it (Dude from sliders was lead Male??) - Maybe I was paying too much attention to the crazy-assed storyline, which kept on dropping from one reality to another. Lots of organ sacks being plugged into people's spines etc.. . Cool

You want bad acting, take a look at Brad Pitt in "Meet Joe Black." - I can't believe this turkey dragged out to 3 hours, most of which is Pitt staring at space like He's retarded!

I'm an application developer. I'm practically payed to have bad spelling Skyline boy.

And yeah, Meet Joe Black was about as fun as sitting on a copper head snake. But I wouldn't call it bad, just not my taste... or perhaps it's bad I dunno.

A.I... that was horrible. Sooo looonng... sooo boooring... sooo pointless! It was an okay idea, but didn't work on the big screen.

[Updated on: Mon, 17 October 2005 03:12]

st184 sillycar
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Worst Movie Ever Mon, 17 October 2005 03:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shraka wrote on Mon, 17 October 2005 13:10

I'm an application developer. I'm practically payed to have bad spelling Skyline boy.

Shouldn't you be working then, or something?

Your punctuation is also poor - there should be a comma after "spelling" in the above sentence... Cool

(Sorry Shraka - couldn't resist the urge to stir!!)

I don't think anything about Meet Joe Black (MJB from now on) OTHER than Brad Pitt was bad - apart from the length, which is largely Pitt's fault anyway. I kinda thought "Once upon a time in Mex" was a bit style-over-substance, not bad though. Demo man was o.k. for a cheese-fest... I prefer Running Man tho!
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Worst Movie Ever Mon, 17 October 2005 03:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
st184 sillycar wrote on Mon, 17 October 2005 13:23

Your punctuation is also poor - there should be a comma after "spelling" in the above sentence... Cool

I don't think anything about Meet Joe Black (MJB from now on) OTHER than Brad Pitt was bad - apart from the length, which is largely Pitt's fault anyway. I kinda thought "Once upon a time in Mex" was a bit style-over-substance, not bad though. Demo man was o.k. for a cheese-fest... I prefer Running Man tho!

I am working. It's lunch time. Also, shut up. Razz My car is better than yours!

I wouldn't say MJB was fun though. It was long and boring. But I imagine plenty of other people liked it, and good for them. I didn't.
st184 sillycar
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Worst Movie Ever Mon, 17 October 2005 04:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shraka wrote on Mon, 17 October 2005 13:29

st184 sillycar wrote on Mon, 17 October 2005 13:23

I am working. It's lunch time. Also, shut up. Razz My car is better than yours!

I wouldn't say MJB was fun though. It was long and boring. But I imagine plenty of other people liked it, and good for them. I didn't.

I see that you also live in Melbourne . . . I can see this ending in a call-out. . . ! Confused

Yeah - I thought the same of MJB - and I blame it all on Pitt! He even said himself much later on that he tanked the acting on it! Laughing

So much Corn in RunningMan . .
Chick: Where's Buzzsaw?
Arnie: He had to split.

So much Violence! Very Happy
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Worst Movie Ever Mon, 17 October 2005 04:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
st184 sillycar wrote on Mon, 17 October 2005 14:07

I see that you also live in Melbourne . . . I can see this ending in a call-out. . . ! Confused

Sure. But to make it fair we're taking your turbo off first. Razz

st184 sillycar wrote on Mon, 17 October 2005 14:07

Yeah - I thought the same of MJB - and I blame it all on Pitt! He even said himself much later on that he tanked the acting on it! Laughing

So much Corn in RunningMan . .
Chick: Where's Buzzsaw?
Arnie: He had to split.

So much Violence! Very Happy

I'm gonna watch running man again I think. It's been years.
Ribfeast
Forums Junkie

March 2005

Re: Worst Movie Ever Mon, 17 October 2005 06:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Saw Napoleon Dynamite last night. I think it would have to be the worst movie I have ever seen!
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Worst Movie Ever Mon, 17 October 2005 06:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I am getting mixed reports about Napolean Dynamite. Should I risk 1.5 hours of my time?
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Worst Movie Ever Mon, 17 October 2005 06:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The title os this thread should be changed to "Movies I Don't Understand Which Are Therefore Crap". Rolling Eyes
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Worst Movie Ever Mon, 17 October 2005 06:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

The title os this thread should be changed to "Movies I Don't Understand Which Are Therefore Crap".

I think you are on the money with that call. I usually won't accept comments on a movie unless I know the individual giving the comments or a good explanation on why the movie was good or crap is given.

My GF thinks the Simpsons is crap, I just say "It's because you don't understand it". That annoys her even more Laughing

[Updated on: Mon, 17 October 2005 06:59]

Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: Worst Movie Ever Mon, 17 October 2005 08:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Worst movie ever, Transporter 2....... Hey lets flip my car off a jump to knock a bomb off it with a crane, then land....
xolent
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: Worst Movie Ever Mon, 17 October 2005 12:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Terminator 3 also

corona crew
Regular

July 2005
Re: Worst Movie Ever Mon, 17 October 2005 13:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Spanktown wrote on Mon, 17 October 2005 18:13

Worst movie ever, Transporter 2....... Hey lets flip my car off a jump to knock a bomb off it with a crane, then land....

whoah whoah u also forgot how he jumped (in his car) from one building to another AND lands it very nicely not doing any harm to his suspenions or body work. also jsut recently saw some movie with vin diesel "man apart" or some shit? oh god thats terrible and as for napolean dynamite? f*** me the chicks at school love it and its so annoying when they say that shit like "GAAWSH" or "it took me 3 hours to draw" and then they crack up laughin, i swear to god i hear it again from em im gonna bitch slap em

[Updated on: Mon, 17 October 2005 13:06]

Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Worst Movie Ever Mon, 17 October 2005 14:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Norbie wrote on Mon, 17 October 2005 16:54

The title os this thread should be changed to "Movies I Don't Understand Which Are Therefore Crap". Rolling Eyes

Agreed.

Napolian Dynamite was great. Just 'cuz you guys don't get it. Rolling Eyes

And yeah, Terminator 3 was pretty horrid. Such a travisty to Terminator 1 and 2!!
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Worst Movie Ever Mon, 17 October 2005 14:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Norbie wrote on Mon, 17 October 2005 16:24

Yeah I think you are right. I was just about to say that I reckon a Clockwork Orange is the worst movie I've ever seen. It's not that I don't get it, I just think it's pitifully boring. I have tried to watch it so many times, and on about my 7th try I finally managed to watch it all the way through without walking out to grab a beer and then forgetting that it's on. My personal issue(s) with the movie are
  • the narrative doesn't come across as strongly when delivered in a movie
  • Malcolm McDowell is just not convincing, especially with a massif groin protetor on the outside - I don't care if it's functional, no ultra-violent type would dare look so retarded
  • I don't really care about the free will commentary in regards to 'Alex' cause basically I think he's a nob and if his idea of 'free will' is to go around bashing people up then I would rather he kill himself anyway and stop bothering me (translation - I don't entirely agree that it's better to choose to do evil, than to be forced to be good)
  • Stanley Kubricks' reliance on a 'narrator' ticks me off - it's not a steadfast rule per se, but surely he could've thought of ways of portraying Alex's thoughts and character VISUALLY every now and then, maybe even once in the movie might've livened things up a bit
  • Stanley Kubrick couldn't pace a movie for shit, he tries so hard to be all artistic and then because he reckons he must be a really smart dude he decides that the viewer is going to need half an hour to process a certain scene or character etc...when in reality, 4 or 5 seconds is probably enough
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Worst Movie Ever Tue, 18 October 2005 00:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hmmm, dissing Stanley Kubrick's directorial skillz, that's a big call there buddy!
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Worst Movie Ever Tue, 18 October 2005 01:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stanley Kubrick's lemon was "Eyes Wide Shut". Everything else ownz.

I suggest you watch "Dr. Strangelove".

[Updated on: Tue, 18 October 2005 01:01]

RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Worst Movie Ever Tue, 18 October 2005 01:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It's not like he's untouchable or anything - I just reckon he's massively over-rated. I'm not say he's a really *bad* director, but he's definitely not the greatest director ever, in fact I probably wouldn't even place him as being 'amongst' the greatest directors ever.

As for the worst movie ever - I dunno, I can pretty much enjoy anything. Bad Taste was really poor though, but even then I got a laugh out of the puke-drinking scene. So it wasn't a total waste of money.

Other bad movies that come to mind, Battlefield Earth. On a personal level, i hated The Butterfly Effect (that Ashton Kutcher movie).

Spoiler Alert : The reason I hated The Butterfly Effect was because you spend the whole movie watching this guy try to patch up the world around him and do something positive and then finally he decides the only positive thing he can do is kill himself before he has a chance to screw the rest of the world over. I mean what kind of message is that? Just made me angry Mad If there's one thing I hate, it's a 'downer' ending just for the sake of having a downer ending. If it's conclusive and poignant I don't mind, (i hate that word 'poignant') but if it's just because the writer is a complete nut-bar then I really don't care for it.
mynameisrodney
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Worst Movie Ever Tue, 18 October 2005 02:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yep thought so,
you saw the crappy butterfly effect ending.

ANOTHER SPOILER ALERT.
in the version released in aus cinemas he goes back in time to when he first meets kayly and tells her to f off. her and tommy move to her mums place (she said earlier in the movie the only reason she stayed at her dads is to be close to ashton) and everyone lives happily ever after. then 20 yrs later or something they see each other walking down the street and give each other a double check, the both smile and the movie ends
aawwwwwwwww.

a mate of mine who had seen the aus released version tried to kill himself about a year ago. about a week later he was trying to cheer himself up a went and rented it (and some other movies) and he reckons when he saw the suicide ending it fucked him up majorly

[Updated on: Tue, 18 October 2005 02:08]

Dr_Love
Regular

January 2005
Re: Worst Movie Ever Tue, 18 October 2005 03:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Napolean Dynamite was great..

You have to understand that it is supposed to be slow because theyre out in the mid-west of america where nothing happens. It gives you a nice feel for their lives. Also the awkward social interaction is reflective of their nerdiness and therefore it is in the spirit of accuracy and feeling that it is made the way it is.

Also 2001 (as was said previously) was (similarly to star wars) WAY ahead of its time, and while it might be a bit arty and slow for those of us who enjoy rambo etc., that does not make it a bad movie let alone the worst movie.

My nomination for the worst movie of all time (that i have personally seen) is 'the 9th gate' - Johnny Depp.
NOTHING HAPPENS. THEN IT ENDS.
first date with my girlfriend, that was what we saw, and i swear ive never seen a worse movie.
st184 sillycar
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Worst Movie Ever Tue, 18 October 2005 03:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RWDboy wrote on Tue, 18 October 2005 11:22

The reason I hated The Butterfly Effect was because you spend the whole movie watching this guy try to patch up the world around him and do something positive and then finally he decides the only positive thing he can do is kill himself before he has a chance to screw the rest of the world over. I mean what kind of message is that? Just made me angry Mad

Yup - I saw that version on DVD, and it TOTALLY FUXORED the film. The Aus Cinema release has the proper ending - which for some BIZARRE reason they didn't include in the "alternative endings" section of the DVD . . . . Way to make sure I DON'T buy the DVD ! ! ! ! Mad Mad

Proper ending has happiness for all, but that slight sour tinge because the guy doesn't get the girl: ensuring you don't vomit from an overload of sugar-coated Hollywood cheese. Wink
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Worst Movie Ever Tue, 18 October 2005 03:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hired it on DVD thought it was a pretty good movie.

[Updated on: Tue, 18 October 2005 03:40]

trevtrev
Regular

October 2004
Re: Worst Movie Ever Tue, 18 October 2005 03:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
2001: I did not like it, but I did not think it was bad (HAL, add 1 to all the letters to make them better and you get IBM!)

Robot Jox sucked ass.
Attack of the Killer Tomatoes was considered one of the worst ever, until that title gave it cult status. Now you're not allowed to Dis it.
The Return of Swamp Thing was shit (Early Heather Locklear) but somehow still funny.
Braindead and Meet the Feebles were far too funny to be considered the worst.
Alligator was really bad.
And as a kid I watched something called Guatamero (spelling?) about some Huge Japanese super turtle saving the city from some Godzilla like things. Very Very bad.
The 1974 Gone in 60 Seconds was actually quite good (at the time...)
Starship Troopers was another one that was quite entertaining if you tried not to take it seriously (Kinda like Robocop, but Robocop was a lot better.)

I just supress memories of the Truly shite ones...
st184 sillycar
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Worst Movie Ever Tue, 18 October 2005 03:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Like mynameisrodney said:

HARDCORE END SPOILER

Ashton "I'm AWESOME" Kucher goes back to the birthday party when He first meets Her, tells her He hates her and to never talk to him again. This makes her go live with Her mum - keeping the Dad together in da family too. Everyone then grows up well adjusted and successful. Cue 20 years later, Ashton and Kayleigh (Amy Smart) Pass each other on a City street, and make it about 20m past each other where they both stop in their tracks, taking turns looking at each other's backs . . . but never catching each other's eyes. Kayleigh (in smart business suit) then continues walking, while Evan (Ashton) takes a call from his wife (about dinner, I think).

Cue Credits . . .
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: Worst Movie Ever Tue, 18 October 2005 06:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
clubagreenie wrote on Thu, 11 August 2005 20:23

All those who pick on 2001. You simply don't understand. Watch it, then 2010, then read the 3rd book. But you probably still won't.

No, just read the books - much better!
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Worst Movie Ever Tue, 18 October 2005 08:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CLG wrote on Tue, 18 October 2005 16:28

clubagreenie wrote on Thu, 11 August 2005 20:23

All those who pick on 2001. You simply don't understand. Watch it, then 2010, then read the 3rd book. But you probably still won't.

No, just read the books - much better!

I didn't totaly understand 2001... still thought it was great! Smile
bunkyT18
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: Worst Movie Ever Sat, 22 October 2005 16:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm with River, Chick flicks eat teh poo. "Circle of Friends"? Ooh, so hungry for poo.
illuminatus
Forums Junkie

March 2005
Re: Worst Movie Ever Sun, 23 October 2005 23:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
on sat my freind introduced me to the WORST movie in the whole history of the world:
THE PEST.
http://www.ezydvd.com.au/item.zml/780367
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Worst Movie Ever Mon, 24 October 2005 01:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
illuminatus wrote on Mon, 24 October 2005 09:57

on sat my freind introduced me to the WORST movie in the whole history of the world:
THE PEST.

Yeah, I can see how that could be the worsed movie ever.
st184 sillycar
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Worst Movie Ever Mon, 24 October 2005 02:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shraka wrote on Mon, 24 October 2005 11:34

illuminatus wrote on Mon, 24 October 2005 09:57

THE PEST.

Yeah, I can see how that could be the worsed movie ever.

Very subjective on this one. Almost definately the most annoying film ever, but whether that makes it the worst is something else entirely!

I could only stand the first half-hour, the relentless POUNDING of John Leguizamo's voice against my skull broke me. I could take "The Pest" no more!
wawa
Occasional Poster

November 2005
Re: Worst Movie Ever Fri, 04 November 2005 12:46 Go to previous message
Australian mowie called 'metal skin"(i think) lousy camera work, infantile editing, storyline? what story? It had cars but wasnt a "car" movie.
The only time ive ever asked for my money back (didnt get it)
Pages (3): [ «  <  1  2  3]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:What game were u addicted to ??
Next Topic:hazzled again :P
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 14:08:30 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0058128833770752 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.