Toymods » The Outhouse » Barefoot Gen & Grave of the Fireflies

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
thu187
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Barefoot Gen & Grave of the Fireflies Fri, 12 August 2005 16:55 Go to next message
Hey everyone,
Barefoot Gen (Hadashi no Gen) and Grave of the Fireflies (Hotaru no haka) are two anime that portray the impact the atomic bombs had on Japan. I hear they're really good and a subject I'm taking is Japanese culture through manga. Anyway, if anyone knows where I could get copies of these movies either for download or where I can buy them from in Sydney (or other places I guess) I'd be really greatful. If anyone is at Mac I recommend doing it (JPN123). It's a fun little unit that doesn't require much work and it's heaps fun and interesting so you'll at least get a distinction as well.

Thanks in advance,
Thu Smile
  Send a private message to this user    
Yumbo
Occasional Poster

August 2003
Re: Barefoot Gen & Grave of the Fireflies Sat, 13 August 2005 13:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey buddy ever used news groups?

i just searched easynews and its got the second one there its about 700mb to download
thu187
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Barefoot Gen & Grave of the Fireflies Sat, 13 August 2005 14:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sweet! Very Happy

Never thought of/tried that. Cheers buddy Very Happy
AW11 no Jitsu
Regular

May 2005
Re: Barefoot Gen & Grave of the Fireflies Sat, 13 August 2005 14:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Grave of the Fireflies is a very sad movie. It's recommended to have a box of tissues while watching it, especially at the end.

Get in contact with the anime club there as there should be someone who either has the DVD or you could leech from.
thu187
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Barefoot Gen & Grave of the Fireflies Sat, 13 August 2005 14:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AW11 no Jitsu wrote on Sun, 14 August 2005 00:10

Grave of the Fireflies is a very sad movie. It's recommended to have a box of tissues while watching it, especially at the end.

Get in contact with the anime club there as there should be someone who either has the DVD or you could leech from.

will do.

Damn I just checked easynews and you have to sign up with a credit card. Do you know if there are any free news groups? Although I'm heaps interested now so I'll probably end up using my dad's credit card tomorrow lol.
AW11 no Jitsu
Regular

May 2005
Re: Barefoot Gen & Grave of the Fireflies Sat, 13 August 2005 14:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
does Mac mean Maquarie Uni?
thu187
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Barefoot Gen & Grave of the Fireflies Sat, 13 August 2005 14:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yup Smile
AW11 no Jitsu
Regular

May 2005
Re: Barefoot Gen & Grave of the Fireflies Sat, 13 August 2005 14:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just go to the next AnimeMQ screening, they should be able to help you out.
thu187
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Barefoot Gen & Grave of the Fireflies Sat, 13 August 2005 14:48 Go to previous message
Ahh ok thanks Smile
I just checked out their site and I think they've got it. Thanks heaps!
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Get your Revenge on the Jamster Frog!!!
Next Topic:Oh YES! - It's newshour!
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 02:45:56 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0066778659820557 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.