Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Members Rides » PHOBIA 86' Toyota Corona. Getting Bagged.

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
WA_TRD_83
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: PHOBIA 86' Toyota Corona. Getting Bagged. Mon, 21 November 2005 04:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hows the air tanks affect the sound of the stereo? Guess it shouldn't make too much difference..
Your boot sure is looking pretty crowded tho! Razz
Where did they fit the compressor and solinoids??

And where's my pictures of the corona sitting on the ground??! Very Happy

Damo
TRD 83
  Send a private message to this user    
PHOBIA
Regular

May 2005
Re: PHOBIA 86' Toyota Corona. Getting Bagged. Mon, 21 November 2005 04:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, the sound isn't affected at all but you’re not kidding about it being crowded. It was hard to find the balance between effective and looks, but I think that I got close. The compressor and solenoids are hidden behind that false front of the sub enclosure, see where the braided line goes, that’s the compressor behind the mesh, you can't actually see it though through the mesh, as there is a cover in front of it. As for PHOBIA laid out, you are going to have to wait till Wednesday for that. I have to screw the front struts back in after having them machined up last week. All in good time, nah, im as anxious as you. Ha ha. Laughing
WA_TRD_83
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: PHOBIA 86' Toyota Corona. Getting Bagged. Mon, 21 November 2005 05:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ahh I see...
yeah - thats prolly as neat as you gonna get it.
I think it looks fine. Its pretty hard to hide those big air tanks, so may as well make them a feature. Smile

lookin good - hats off
Assailant
Regular

"Cørønå ƒreåk"

May 2002

Re: PHOBIA 86' Toyota Corona. Getting Bagged. Mon, 21 November 2005 05:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Your progress is worth every penny!! Nice work!
PHOBIA
Regular

May 2005
Re: PHOBIA 86' Toyota Corona. Getting Bagged. Mon, 28 November 2005 11:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It's alive.......again........

The new turbs is fitted and looking right at home. It sits there at idle spinning away merrily.....how frikin good are ball baring turbos. So free, so smooth, ha ha. It's getting tuned in the morning, so I’ll have the magic figure for you shortly. Wink

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v330/Nath0006/PHOBIA/100_0992.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v330/Nath0006/PHOBIA/100_0988.jpg
WA_TRD_83
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: PHOBIA 86' Toyota Corona. Getting Bagged. Tue, 29 November 2005 01:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Very Happy

thumbs up dood!
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: PHOBIA 86' Toyota Corona. Getting Bagged. Tue, 29 November 2005 02:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mornings over dude now wheres the power figure j/ks Razz though would be really interested to know how much it is actually producing with the new turbo.
PHOBIA
Regular

May 2005
Re: PHOBIA 86' Toyota Corona. Getting Bagged. Tue, 29 November 2005 02:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've been up since 5.30am this morning turning the thing. It pushes out just on 300rwhp with 25psi of boost, well it did until the head/head gasket threw in the towel. Mad It's a copper head gasket on an o-ringed block so im just going to let it cool down then re-tension the head to see if that does anything for the cause. Shit, im cutting it fine, the boys at Burn'in Customs are waiting for the car so they can fit the new front struts before the end of the week. It's entered in the Final Battle this weekend. Argh the pressure.... Mad
rojoguzzi
Newcomer

September 2005
Re: PHOBIA 86' Toyota Corona. Getting Bagged. Tue, 29 November 2005 03:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
your a busy little fart now arnt you . Wink
WA_TRD_83
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: PHOBIA 86' Toyota Corona. Getting Bagged. Tue, 29 November 2005 04:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ahhh.. the boys at Burn'in haven't finished yet eh.. I was wondering when I was gonna get some updated pics of the Corona on the floor! Wink

Good luck man.. we better stop bothering you so you can get it done by the end of the week!!

Damo
TRD 83
GreyWolfe
Regular

January 2004

Re: PHOBIA 86' Toyota Corona. Getting Bagged. Wed, 30 November 2005 00:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If you dont mind me asking, how much did the custom bar/skirts set you back?
PHOBIA
Regular

May 2005
Re: PHOBIA 86' Toyota Corona. Getting Bagged. Wed, 30 November 2005 00:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just an update pimples. PHOBIA peaked at 318rwhp last night at 25psi, about 32rwhp of my target Mad but close enough.
I am still having reliability issues with sealing the copper head gasket, so gluing or studding the block will be the next stage. But for now im happy Cool The new turbo is great and the car really wants to rev now. We actually had to set the limiter at 6400rpm which was never necessary before. Power comes on hard and reasonably fast for the turbo size at around 2800rpm. I'm going to monitor the head gasket over the next couple of days before I decide weather to run in the dyno comp on the weekend. As time restrains have avoided any further work on the engine, I’ll have to wait till after this weekend to finish it of and push it that little bit more.
On another note the car is back at Burn'in Customs getting the front struts fitted so I’ll upload some pics shortly. Wink
PHOBIA
Regular

May 2005
Re: PHOBIA 86' Toyota Corona. Getting Bagged. Wed, 30 November 2005 01:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GreyWolfe wrote on Wed, 30 November 2005 11:09

If you dont mind me asking, how much did the custom bar/skirts set you back?

You will need to budget about 2 grand for custom work. New Style did mine, but most companies can handle it. Wink
Black
Regular

March 2005
Re: PHOBIA 86' Toyota Corona. Getting Bagged. Tue, 06 December 2005 01:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey saw the beast at autosalon and when it did the run. Congrats on both car looks insane on bags i love it !!

Cheers Black Cool
Black
Regular

March 2005
Re: PHOBIA 86' Toyota Corona. Getting Bagged. Tue, 06 December 2005 01:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey saw the beast at autosalon and when it did the run. Congrats on both car looks insane on bags i love it !!

Cheers Black Cool
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: PHOBIA 86' Toyota Corona. Getting Bagged. Tue, 06 December 2005 02:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
need pics
PHOBIA
Regular

May 2005
Re: PHOBIA 86' Toyota Corona. Getting Bagged. Tue, 06 December 2005 02:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OK, here are a few pics of PHOBIA looking all shinny at the Auto Salon on the weekend. Wink

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v330/Nath0006/PHOBIA/100_1026.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v330/Nath0006/PHOBIA/100_1024.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v330/Nath0006/PHOBIA/100_1025.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v330/Nath0006/PHOBIA/100_1028.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v330/Nath0006/PHOBIA/100_1029.jpg
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: PHOBIA 86' Toyota Corona. Getting Bagged. Tue, 06 December 2005 05:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
congrats on 'driver with attitude' award man!
WA_TRD_83
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: PHOBIA 86' Toyota Corona. Getting Bagged. Fri, 09 December 2005 07:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lookin good man! Very Happy

Can I request some nice clear shots outside in the sunshine dumped on the ground.. should make for some nice screen saver shots! Wink

cheers PHOB's..

Damo
TRD 83
PHOBIA
Regular

May 2005
Re: PHOBIA 86' Toyota Corona. Getting Bagged. Sun, 11 December 2005 22:47 Go to previous message
No worries Damo. I'll sort something out for you shortly. Wink
Pages (2): [ «  <  1  2]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:ra25 mustang shape 2000gt
Next Topic:New Project..not toyota, something Italian.
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 21:52:45 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0087060928344727 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.