Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
toyrota
Forums Junkie

May 2002

If I move to QLD Mon, 22 August 2005 11:10 Go to next message
What sort of bullshit will I have to go through changing rego on my car if it is engineered in NSW. Does anyone know if a 3tgteu is legal in a KE20 up there, I can't see the box, diff and seats being an issue but the motor might???
Is it hard to get a mod plate up there or are they a bit easier on thing than NSW
  Send a private message to this user    
-=DV=-
Regular

May 2004
Re: If I move to QLD Mon, 22 August 2005 11:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have just been through a rego swap for an imported 165, its a safety certificate and a straight swap of rego, the safety cert guy might whinge about a *green plate* but tell him to give queensland roads a call and they will tell him if the car has current nsw rego it means it has allready passed compliancing/engineering ect and its just a straight swap of rego from there, thats my experience anyway with a very stock import, may or may not be different for your situation

[Updated on: Mon, 22 August 2005 11:47]

lilcrash
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: If I move to QLD Mon, 22 August 2005 12:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
as far as i know its just a LA1 plate they worry about.
peeack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2004
Re: If I move to QLD Mon, 22 August 2005 12:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I just transfered my out of rego 1J MA61 from NSW to QLD, all you need is a Road Worthy Certificate and Rego. If the engine swap has already been engineered, as mine has, all you need to do is produce the engineer papers when it's being road worthied and you're all set.
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: If I move to QLD Wed, 24 August 2005 11:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yep, once the car is engineered in another state, its just a matter of transferring the rego over and possibly a roadworthy.
Rob.C
Regular

July 2005
Re: If I move to QLD Fri, 02 September 2005 09:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
and what about a swap of just rego from NSW to QLD ? i;m relocating aswell, and transfering the rego has me a little worried.
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: If I move to QLD Sat, 03 September 2005 23:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rego is the same... just rwc and go change the rego

its no big drama just as easy as registering a qld car
Rob.C
Regular

July 2005
Re: If I move to QLD Sun, 04 September 2005 00:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
But if you rego a car from another state in NSW, they send it for a 'blue slip' and they check the car from front to back extremely close. They find one thing wrong, you need to take it back once fixed, at about $40 a go, it gets a bit expensive, then 'Green slips' is another issue, i don't know if you need to purchase another one, i'm pretty sure you do, you can't rego a car without it here. NSW rego system sucks big time...
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: If I move to QLD Sun, 04 September 2005 01:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you have blue slips all wrong.
A blue slip is just a pink slip with a numbers check, but some mechanics are dicks about it cos they are more closely monitored than a pink slip place.

Rob.C
Regular

July 2005
Re: If I move to QLD Sun, 04 September 2005 02:38 Go to previous message
I guess all the blue slip places here are dicks then Laughing

It's like dealing with the gastarpo
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:SBS Speedweek drift footage online
Next Topic:huge thanks to clubagreenie (pics)
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 19:38:42 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.006882905960083 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.