Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
kristianvanek
Regular

October 2004
what to do about a member Mon, 22 August 2005 23:56 Go to next message
ohh i purchased some thing off a member who i now know has no idea about cars (did not even know what a raditor support panel was) and he has sold me a set of bonnet hindges and gave me 1 for an ra23 and 1 for something else and now wont reply to me. is there anything via this website i can do to see that this member has something done to him.
  Send a private message to this user    
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: what to do about a member Tue, 23 August 2005 01:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You took a risk and sounds like you lost out.

Is he a member of the toymods car club? or just of the forums?
kristianvanek
Regular

October 2004
Re: what to do about a member Tue, 23 August 2005 01:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well i know that hes a forum member how do i find out if hes a member of the club
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: what to do about a member Tue, 23 August 2005 01:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
He will be listed here
http://www.toymods.org.au/memberscars.php

If he's not there, then the board can't do anything about it
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: what to do about a member Tue, 23 August 2005 01:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Is his name on this list?
http://toymods.org.au/memberscars.php
kristianvanek
Regular

October 2004
Re: what to do about a member Tue, 23 August 2005 01:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nah but there should be something an admin can do. whos the admin on these forums
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: what to do about a member Tue, 23 August 2005 01:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Admin has nothing to do with the private sales on this forum.
You use it entirely at your own risk.
This is not ebay.

That said, you can wait till they see this thread, or email them at board@toymods.org.au
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: what to do about a member Tue, 23 August 2005 02:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the board receives an email whenever a thread is created in this section of the forum, so no doubt some of the board members are already aware of this thread.

In all honesty - we state the classifieds section of these forums as "BUYER BEWARE". This is not ebay, amazon, yahoo auctions etc... this is a car forum where people are allowed to make personal sales at their own risk.

We cannot really do too much for you in this case, as there are some privacy laws involved regarding personal information. We can in some cases assist you in contacting the forum member to work a resolve the the problem, but anything more than that we usually cant do.

If you are requesting that this member have "something done to him" - that is definitely something we cannot do. Depending on the situation we can place the user on probation or possibly ban them... but without knowing the full scope of the situation so far, i'd say that wouldnt happen.

Just continue to attempt to contact him, and seek a resolution between yourselves.

In short - this was a private sale you made on a car forum. The Toymods Board are not responsible for the sale in any way.
Joshstix
Forums Junkie

Toymods Vice President

May 2002
Re: what to do about a member Tue, 23 August 2005 08:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just to clarify. The board very much empathises with people who experience these issues.

The problem is that we do not run an auction site, we run a car forum where people can if they choose sell and buy things between individuals completely in seperation to the Toymods Car Club. This forum is simply the means by which you communicated. We can't really do a lot about the problem for you much like if you were ripped off over the phone and tried to get your telco to help you, since that's who provided the communication service you used to make your purchase.

As with any other purchasing it always boils down to buyer beware.

PM me the username of the person in question and I'll see if I can find any further info or get him to get in contact with you.
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: what to do about a member Tue, 23 August 2005 13:53 Go to previous message
Sorry, just realised that my reply wasnt entirely clear in the real position we are in.
Thanks Josh for clearing up what i made a mess of explaining.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Bank Details needed
Next Topic:Toymods Trivia Night - fundraiser idea
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 08:18:45 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0067408084869385 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.