Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » Relocating the antenna ...

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
shezza
Regular

March 2005
Relocating the antenna ... Tue, 23 August 2005 17:43 Go to next message
I would like to move my antenna to a unseen location. I will take out the current one and patch it up when I get a paint job but does anyone have any idea where I could put it or another type of antenna?
I'm aware of the shark fin antennas bmw's have and that would be ideal but besides the fact that it would be so damn hard if not impossible to install. I did a ebay seach and only fake ones exist. Any ideas?
  Send a private message to this user    
terra
Regular

July 2005
Re: Relocating the antenna ... Tue, 23 August 2005 18:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you use the radio? o_O
lowrlux
Occasional Poster

September 2004
Re: Relocating the antenna ... Wed, 24 August 2005 02:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You can get internal ones that you install onto the windscreen. Kinda like a wire inside a clear sticker. We installed one on a mates HT, very hard to see if you run it close to the edge of the windscreen. Reception was pretty good aswell. Not sure where he got it frm though Rolling Eyes
crazedrt104
Regular

March 2003
Re: Relocating the antenna ... Wed, 24 August 2005 03:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you can get stick-to-windscreen antennas from auto barn...i got ona a few months back.Very happy with rteception. it does need 12v power tho, as it is amplified
shezza
Regular

March 2005
Re: Relocating the antenna ... Wed, 24 August 2005 03:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Off to autobarn then Very Happy Thx guys and yes I do use the radio sometimes.
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: Relocating the antenna ... Wed, 24 August 2005 11:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cant you use the rear demister as an antenna?
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Relocating the antenna ... Wed, 24 August 2005 12:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bah, who needs an antenna??? I never listen to the radio Laughing Laughing Laughing ...
shezza
Regular

March 2005
Re: Relocating the antenna ... Wed, 24 August 2005 12:33 Go to previous message
Rolla Boy wrote on Wed, 24 August 2005 22:13

Bah, who needs an antenna??? I never listen to the radio Laughing Laughing Laughing ...

Yea, I never use the radio either but there is odd occasions and Id like to still have it. DO you have you antenna still rolla?
Lol dont get pissed at me but I thought u car was a swift from ur avatar Laughing
And yes that burnout was huuuuuge, very nice Smile. You running a supercharged 2.0ltr?

[Updated on: Wed, 24 August 2005 12:38]

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:List of Wheel shops in NSW
Next Topic:AE86 Orgasm...are these parkers/blinkers custom, and where can I get that grille from?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 06:12:48 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0050070285797119 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.