Toymods » Tech & Conversions » 7M-GTE Manual/Auto ECU pinout query

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
icon5.gif  7M-GTE Manual/Auto ECU pinout query Tue, 23 August 2005 23:12 Go to next message
Hi everyone,

Got a 7M-GTE ECU query regarding the auto to manual versions.

Note : This is for a MA61 with a 7M-GTE conversion that has been changed from auto to manual.

I have purchased a Manual ECU from a guy in the ststes (knowing that there are 2 versions of the plug colour - Yellow + Early, and Grey = Late) with the aim of swapping them over (and swapping wires/pins as required) to get rid of the Auto ECU and ECT ECU.

Lo and behold, the plug configuration is completely different.

My Auto ECU :
Part Number : 175000-1682
Plug Colour : Yellow
Plug Configuration : 26P 16P 22P no fly lead

Manual ECU purchased :
Part Number : 175000-1330
Plug Colour : Yellow
Plug Configuration : 10P 18P 24P with 5 pin fly lead

Firstly, does anyone know in detail (those with the EPC and knowledge how to use it) which models and years they came from, and if I can determine from the relevant TRSM's the pin I/P's and O/P's can I swap it over ?

Secondly, has anyone done this at all ?

Thirdly, is the theory that the car starts and runs (now that the manual is converted) that the ECT ECU can be disconnected and ditched ?

Thanks in advance

Cheers

Michael B

Send a private message to this user    
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: 7M-GTE Manual/Auto ECU pinout query Wed, 24 August 2005 00:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ECT can be ditched, but its a bad idea to use USA ECU's in Australia.

They are programmed for a different fuel, and possibly the 180kph (or 120mph, whatever it is) speed cut.

Stick with Jap stuff.

The stock Auto ECU is fine for running a manual.
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: 7M-GTE Manual/Auto ECU pinout query Wed, 24 August 2005 00:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrUZsida wrote on Wed, 24 August 2005 10:08

ECT can be ditched,

That's what I had hoped.

but its a bad idea to use USA ECU's in Australia.

They are programmed for a different fuel, and possibly the 180kph (or 120mph, whatever it is) speed cut.

Stick with Jap stuff.

Hmm, never thought about that. Bugger.

The stock Auto ECU is fine for running a manual.

I had heard around the traps that the manual ECU has different timing/fueling ? Probably a phurphy.

Oh bugger, poo and bum.

CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: 7M-GTE Manual/Auto ECU pinout query Wed, 24 August 2005 00:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The manual 7mgte's run 1.5?ish psi more from factory, but this would be on the turbo, not on the ecu.

The manual ecu's may run a slightly different map, but nothing a cheap piggyback wouldn't be able to do.

If the Jaycar DFA can be used with the 7MGTE AFM, then I'd look into that.
Or maybe get the 1UZ housing and the Jaycar DFA...
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: 7M-GTE Manual/Auto ECU pinout query Wed, 24 August 2005 01:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrUZsida wrote on Wed, 24 August 2005 10:26

I'll be doing something similar, but using the LS1 MAF (much bigger than even the Lexus AFM) and a MAFT (similar to the SAFC but has the ability to cope with different sized injectors easily and change fuel cut)

Cheers

Michael B
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: 7M-GTE Manual/Auto ECU pinout query Wed, 24 August 2005 01:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ah, thats right.

Personally I'd just be going full stand alone, but hey, thats me Very Happy
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: 7M-GTE Manual/Auto ECU pinout query Wed, 24 August 2005 01:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrUZsida wrote on Wed, 24 August 2005 10:42

Ah, thats right.

Personally I'd just be going full stand alone, but hey, thats me Very Happy

I'd love to, but Engineering certification stands in the way of that. Confused
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: 7M-GTE Manual/Auto ECU pinout query Wed, 24 August 2005 01:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ahhh, didn't realise South Australia was that gay.
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: 7M-GTE Manual/Auto ECU pinout query Wed, 24 August 2005 01:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrUZsida wrote on Wed, 24 August 2005 11:03

Ahhh, didn't realise South Australia was that gay.

And expensive for engineering. One of the requirements is that if the engine is non-standard, then it has to be submitted with a dyno sheet and not be modified further.

Easliy picked up mods like a different turbo, ECU etc, are not worth the extra effort required. I'm already looking at $1.5k to $2k for engineering. Confused

Makes me wanna move state ...... Razz
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: 7M-GTE Manual/Auto ECU pinout query Wed, 24 August 2005 01:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Can't get it engineered here?

I'm guessing being you, you have made many enquiries about this, and what you say is the be all and end all?
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: 7M-GTE Manual/Auto ECU pinout query Wed, 24 August 2005 02:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrUZsida wrote on Wed, 24 August 2005 11:15

Can't get it engineered here?

I'm guessing being you, you have made many enquiries about this, and what you say is the be all and end all?

I'd thought about going to Canberra (Justen's), but I assume at the moment that it would require the car to be registered there to get approval, and then re-registered back here once done.

It is on the cards, and when I get closer to completion, that avenue will be explored further for sure.
Kyosho
Regular

November 2004
Re: 7M-GTE Manual/Auto ECU pinout query Wed, 24 August 2005 07:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bbaacchhyy wrote on Wed, 24 August 2005 11:09

CrUZsida wrote on Wed, 24 August 2005 10:26

I'll be doing something similar, but using the LS1 MAF (much bigger than even the Lexus AFM) and a MAFT (similar to the SAFC but has the ability to cope with different sized injectors easily and change fuel cut)

Cheers

Michael B

And the LS1 Maf should be damn well cheap enough since the LS1 boys are throwing theres out because they don't flow enough for a 5.7L
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 7M-GTE Manual/Auto ECU pinout query Wed, 24 August 2005 07:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kyosho wrote on Wed, 24 August 2005 15:33

And the LS1 Maf should be damn well cheap enough since the LS1 boys are throwing theres out because they don't flow enough for a 5.7L

That or you work for Holden themselves Razz
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: 7M-GTE Manual/Auto ECU pinout query Wed, 24 August 2005 22:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
justcallmefrank wrote on Wed, 24 August 2005 17:06

Kyosho wrote on Wed, 24 August 2005 15:33

That or you work for Holden themselves Razz

There has to be some advantage in working at GM Holden. Very Happy

Kyosho,
Were do you get that idea from ? The HSV's that were based on the 5.7 get 300kW with that MAF, so there goes that theory. Add a turbo (@ 7psi) and you're looking at 400rwkW, so there goes that theory.
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 7M-GTE Manual/Auto ECU pinout query Thu, 25 August 2005 00:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bbaacchhyy wrote on Thu, 25 August 2005 06:17

Were do you get that idea from ? The HSV's that were based on the 5.7 get 300kW with that MAF, so there goes that theory. Add a turbo (@ 7psi) and you're looking at 400rwkW, so there goes that theory.

I don't know from an aftermarket sense, but the 300kW GTS HSVs didn't use the MAF, they ran in "speed density" mode or some crap like that, which as far as I can gather is a glorified term for MAP Razz It's one of the first things someone does when reprogramming their ECU with LS1EDIT.
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: 7M-GTE Manual/Auto ECU pinout query Thu, 25 August 2005 02:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
justcallmefrank wrote on Thu, 25 August 2005 10:04

I don't know from an aftermarket sense, but the 300kW GTS HSVs didn't use the MAF, they ran in "speed density" mode or some crap like that, which as far as I can gather is a glorified term for MAP Razz It's one of the first things someone does when reprogramming their ECU with LS1EDIT.

Umm, you may be right there. I'll check up on that.

But for me, it will do, and it's cheap and easy !!
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 7M-GTE Manual/Auto ECU pinout query Thu, 25 August 2005 02:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bbaacchhyy wrote on Thu, 25 August 2005 10:50

Indeed, sometimes on a cost/result value, the ones that "work" come out on top Razz
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: 7M-GTE Manual/Auto ECU pinout query Thu, 25 August 2005 03:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bbaacchhyy wrote on Thu, 25 August 2005 12:20

justcallmefrank wrote on Thu, 25 August 2005 10:04

Umm, you may be right there. I'll check up on that.

I dug down and discovered they were built with a MAF at the plant, and then this was removed at HSV, hence my confusion !!!
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 7M-GTE Manual/Auto ECU pinout query Thu, 25 August 2005 03:22 Go to previous message
bbaacchhyy wrote on Thu, 25 August 2005 11:17

I dug down and discovered they were built with a MAF at the plant, and then this was removed at HSV, hence my confusion !!!

Pssht, sif. You mean when they sent it away to Callaway Razz
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:4AGE 100kw Cams
Next Topic:AE111 4AGE---> RWD Question
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Sep 28 22:14:08 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.005789041519165 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.