Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
!@#$%ING FUEL PRICES Wed, 24 August 2005 13:31 Go to next message
So i am driving home and notice the fuel light is on again... Mad

So i pull into the first servo i get to.

unleaded $ 1:25 per litre

premuim $ 1:31 per litre

Ultimate 98 $ 1:35 per litre

WTF ....... Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad

Lucky that if i drive conservatively i can get reasonable fuel consumption, but how often does that happen when you like the sound of a supercharger ringing in your ears Evil or Very Mad Laughing

What prices are you guys seeing around ?

How about we get a list of the best fuel prices around in various areas and the details of the servos where we can get it Very Happy
  Send a private message to this user    
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: !@#$%ING FUEL PRICES Wed, 24 August 2005 13:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah i get premium because i travel further on it, average around $1.30 Crying or Very Sad , im filling up more often now..because i usually fill up half way.
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: !@#$%ING FUEL PRICES Wed, 24 August 2005 13:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
142 yen/L... stop bitching Razz
KOPDIS
Regular

June 2002
Re: !@#$%ING FUEL PRICES Wed, 24 August 2005 13:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
1.70 YIKES!! Shocked

we shouldnt complain UK is insane like $2+ per litre

but still FCK these stupid prices! i usually only put $20-$30 now im at the gas station every other day! lol
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: !@#$%ING FUEL PRICES Wed, 24 August 2005 13:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lucky I filled up yesterday eh? Razz

Although, tramping it coming into the freeway didnt help. Petrol gauge dropped a notch *sigh*
Youngy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: !@#$%ING FUEL PRICES Wed, 24 August 2005 13:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This is where we are headed.

http://www.aaroadwatch.ie/eupetrolprices/

Rolling Eyes
GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: !@#$%ING FUEL PRICES Wed, 24 August 2005 14:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yep, fair enough compared to the euros etc, thats why they putt around in their tinny turbo deisels made of alfoil Laughing but we live in BLOODY AUSTRALIA MATE Laughing Laughing Laughing

How about the Yanky comparo... thats why they are all driving around in ford F450s or some shyte...or worse hummers Laughing Laughing

cmon i want to see some other sydney and metro prices....post em up
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: !@#$%ING FUEL PRICES Wed, 24 August 2005 14:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I work at a servo, boss says this current price is now permanent. get used to the $1.30, that will be cheap soon, he reckons by next year it will be almost $2 per litre, thats like $80 to fill our poor little mr2's scott Sad
Youngy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: !@#$%ING FUEL PRICES Wed, 24 August 2005 14:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GUN METAL 87 SC wrote on Thu, 25 August 2005 00:02

How about the Yanky comparo...

Well in America the pump price of petrol or 'gas' is a much bigger political issue. If a US government can't control the price of gas then they generally have a very high chance of loosing the next election.

Australians don't care too much about these things politically and hence your government does not care either. After all the higher the price of fuel the more tax dollars they make.
GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: !@#$%ING FUEL PRICES Wed, 24 August 2005 14:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wiso,

If you work at a servo you should get it for FREE......right ??

PS have you checked your email regards the pics of your new wheels Very Happy
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: !@#$%ING FUEL PRICES Wed, 24 August 2005 14:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
see thats our problem, we need more people to choose from for government, not just a fat fuck and a scrawny weasel

Scott I WISH i got it free, I don't even get a discount, which blows.
GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: !@#$%ING FUEL PRICES Wed, 24 August 2005 14:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Youngy wrote on Thu, 25 August 2005 00:12

GUN METAL 87 SC wrote on Thu, 25 August 2005 00:02

How about the Yanky comparo...

Well in America the pump price of petrol or 'gas' is a much bigger political issue. If a US government can't control the price of gas then they generally have a very high chance of loosing the next election.

Australians don't care too much about these things politically and hence your government does not care either. After all the higher the price of fuel the more tax dollars they make.

Yep you are right.

but at the other end of the spectrum you should chat with some of my friends from Norway. they came and stayed with us for a few days when they were in Sydney "Jon Eric" was so impressed with the 5.7 litre V8 SS dungeondoor ute we took one for a test drive just so he could see the fuel gauge drop and the smell of burning rubber...gotta love circle work...he had never seen a ute like these thing before. It was a lot of FUN Very Happy

Wiso, love your comments...but dont worry i dont get any freebies where i work either Crying or Very Sad
terra
Regular

July 2005
Re: !@#$%ING FUEL PRICES Wed, 24 August 2005 15:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
theres gonna be a today tonight specail save 50c/liter

probably get as many discount coupons as you can get Very Happy
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: !@#$%ING FUEL PRICES Wed, 24 August 2005 23:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah it sucks the big one, what hits me more is not everywhere is expensive but the cheap ones don't stock good fuel. Ie mobil was $1.17 but doesn't have synergy 8000, BP was a $1.27 for ulp i thought get fucked, ended up going and getting optimax for the first time in 5 months with a discount voucher it was $1.30 a litre, there goes my Bp ultimate run.
Evan
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: !@#$%ING FUEL PRICES Wed, 24 August 2005 23:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Gees we used to complain at $1.00.
I have seen $1.39 for 98octane
Mad

[Updated on: Thu, 25 August 2005 00:09]

Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: !@#$%ING FUEL PRICES Thu, 25 August 2005 00:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
100 dollars a litre thats some expensive shit better be good Razz
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: !@#$%ING FUEL PRICES Thu, 25 August 2005 00:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I just bought a celsior Sad Sad Sad
Evan
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: !@#$%ING FUEL PRICES Thu, 25 August 2005 00:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WHoops.. forgot the decimal.. yiou know what i meant lol
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: !@#$%ING FUEL PRICES Thu, 25 August 2005 00:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ah well

you'll be comfortable..... sitting in your driveway!

MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: !@#$%ING FUEL PRICES Thu, 25 August 2005 00:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Merudo wrote on Thu, 25 August 2005 09:44

ah well

you'll be comfortable..... sitting in your driveway!

ill still drive it

just need a second job thats all Laughing
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: !@#$%ING FUEL PRICES Thu, 25 August 2005 00:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wouldnt the soarer be worse on fuel?

*imagines the way you drive it*

heh
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: !@#$%ING FUEL PRICES Thu, 25 August 2005 00:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
soarer is worse on fuel Laughing

if the fuel guage worked im sure I could see it going down Laughing

james you got pm
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: !@#$%ING FUEL PRICES Thu, 25 August 2005 00:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I hope the price increases further so poor people can't afford to drive.
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: !@#$%ING FUEL PRICES Thu, 25 August 2005 00:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ke382TG wrote on Thu, 25 August 2005 10:44

I hope the price increases further so poor people can't afford to drive.

You've said this before, and I've said " Sad " before too

Poor people can still drive, its just even more of a pain in the ass Razz
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: !@#$%ING FUEL PRICES Thu, 25 August 2005 00:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

Laughing

I only say it to stir people up Very Happy it works Wink

Of course I don't want the price of petrol to increase, the more it costs the less I have to spend on other things........like food Laughing
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: !@#$%ING FUEL PRICES Thu, 25 August 2005 00:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ke382TG wrote on Thu, 25 August 2005 10:21

Quote:

Laughing

Of course I don't want the price of petrol to increase, the more it costs the less I have to spend on other things........like food Laughing

i dont get stirred up

i get laughed up

its gold Laughing

dingaling
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: !@#$%ING FUEL PRICES Thu, 25 August 2005 00:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
#@%^! this! i'll have to sell the supra and buy a motorbike and 4age powered something.

Or take loan out for hybrid. DAM!
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

ke382TG wrote on Thu, 25 August 2005 10:51

Quote:

Laughing

At least you sort of go on a forced diet then, cause if you're anything like me, you'll still drive as much even though petrol prices are going up Sad
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: !@#$%ING FUEL PRICES Thu, 25 August 2005 01:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have tried to cut my driving back but it just ain't happening though i haven't been on a cruise for a while. 50 bucks for 38L litres of juice that got me 270km of driving, i think its time to get a new car. Laughing
Not that it'll be much more efficient it'll just go a shitload faster and dliver the same economy. Evil or Very Mad
Ribfeast
Forums Junkie

March 2005

Re: !@#$%ING FUEL PRICES Thu, 25 August 2005 01:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just filled up this morning. $64.31 (47.67L) to go 333.1kms. It is beyond a joke! I should have bought a Starlet GT turbo or something small like that.

Either that or buy one of these:
http://www.commutercars.com/
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: !@#$%ING FUEL PRICES Thu, 25 August 2005 01:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
0-60mph in 4secs wtf, i reckon a good gust of wind would blow it over though. Oh man it cuts a quarter mile in 12 secs that'd be good for shits and giggles the first time you take it out to WSID.

[Updated on: Thu, 25 August 2005 01:08]

rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
wtf is a jabber? a punch line?
Re: !@#$%ING FUEL PRICES Thu, 25 August 2005 01:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bah, good thing 2 of my cars are project Confused Rolling Eyes Surprised ARGH Crying or Very Sad
clubagreenie
Forums Junkie

November 2002

Re: !@#$%ING FUEL PRICES Thu, 25 August 2005 03:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ELF racing fuel. Last time I brough a drum (205lt) was %5.75/lt. Shocked Shocked Shocked

Going to be cheaper to buy that soon
GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: !@#$%ING FUEL PRICES Thu, 25 August 2005 04:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That Tango electric coffin looked cool Cool but they reckon it has ballast for handling Razz

yep 12 second 1/4 would also be interestin but can you imagine being in an upright coffin like that doing 150 Shocked

anyway i am just about to go for a ride on my push bike....man i feel sorry for you guys with the luxo barges, maybe you could put a brick under the accelerator, that may help with economy.

either that or just completely strip everything out of the car and put in a Prius drive train with some skinny low rolling resistance tyres Laughing Laughing
79rollaboy
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: !@#$%ING FUEL PRICES Thu, 25 August 2005 05:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BRING ON THE METHANOL!!!
skellator
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: !@#$%ING FUEL PRICES Thu, 25 August 2005 07:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
122.9 c/l for ulp today

lucky i have a corolla! Laughing

btw, how do you guys measure km/tank? let it run right down to the last notch on the fuel gauge? i dont wanna try that, as i dont know how accurate mine is Confused

edit: and what size tank does an ae82 twincam have Razz

[Updated on: Thu, 25 August 2005 07:07]

h3ff44
Forums Junkie

February 2005
Re: !@#$%ING FUEL PRICES Thu, 25 August 2005 07:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
down here in melb i saw it at 124.4 and another place was trying to go 129.4 hahaa
its stupid these prices.
if it continues younger people wont be able to afford a car to drive.
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: !@#$%ING FUEL PRICES Thu, 25 August 2005 07:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i paid 1.32 today
40 bucks for 30 liters

wooo
Benjamin
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: !@#$%ING FUEL PRICES Thu, 25 August 2005 07:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message

from the commuter cars website:-

Top Speed:

150 MPH. This is a limitation based on a practical red-line for the motors of about 8,000 RPM with the standard 3.25:1 gear ratio. Top speed vs. acceleration can be traded off by choosing any of 10 different ratios from 2.92:1 giving a top speed of 172 MPH to 5:1 which would give a top speed of 100 MPH. The 5:1 would give phenomenal acceleration if you could get enough traction.
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: !@#$%ING FUEL PRICES Thu, 25 August 2005 07:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol i love brisbane i spew wen premium 98 gets to 1.23 or something... we got some 8cent tax thingo from the government or someshit still bullshit prices
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: !@#$%ING FUEL PRICES Thu, 25 August 2005 08:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my cars getting repaired at the momeny (last few days) so im saving heaps of money, too bad public transport sucks although its not as bad as it used to be Very Happy

I've been seeing around $1.25 for unleaded around the eastern suburbs and inner west, only be putting like $30 in still...
Dust
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: !@#$%ING FUEL PRICES Thu, 25 August 2005 08:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MR 1JZ wrote on Thu, 25 August 2005 10:08

I just bought a celsior Sad Sad Sad

I feel your pain, well I guess having the car off the road is saving me money? thought the 5mge cressida is probably just as bad lol.

[Updated on: Thu, 25 August 2005 08:38]

dr trim
Regular

March 2005
Re: !@#$%ING FUEL PRICES Thu, 25 August 2005 12:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
like.. wtf is gonna happen? australia will halve in on road cars coz everyones catching the bus/riding their bikes.

u'll start to think about living MUCH closer to work etc and petrol will be a daily budgeting thing, rather than a weekly outlay.

ooh well.. *Gets out a Vespa* vvvvvvvvvvvvrrrrrrrrooooooooooommm Laughing Laughing
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: !@#$%ING FUEL PRICES Thu, 25 August 2005 12:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i've cut down on driving to uni and cruises (haven been in a few months). Only driving to uni 2-3days/week and that's 25km to and from...saves a fair bit for the weekend Very Happy

might get a road bike Evil or Very Mad
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: !@#$%ING FUEL PRICES Thu, 25 August 2005 12:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just found this on the SMH website, not gonna make you happy Razz

http://smh.com.au/news/business/petrol-prices-set- to-rise-as-oil-hits-high/2005/08/25/1124562972959. html
MY Racing 221
Regular

August 2005
Re: !@#$%ING FUEL PRICES Fri, 26 August 2005 00:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You guys should stop complaining Razz

I'm looking forward to coming home and paying that amount. At the moment I'm paying about $1.55+NZ for 98RON. Even with the exchange rate, its bloody expensive.

Fortunately, the Evo is surprisingly economical when you are driving with a little restraint!

Dave
GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: !@#$%ING FUEL PRICES Fri, 26 August 2005 03:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MY Racing 221 wrote on Fri, 26 August 2005 10:22

You guys should stop complaining Razz

I'm looking forward to coming home and paying that amount. At the moment I'm paying about $1.55+NZ for 98RON. Even with the exchange rate, its bloody expensive.

Fortunately, the Evo is surprisingly economical when you are driving with a little restraint!

Dave

Ouch !! do you have to run 98 in the EVO ? i got the GZ tuned for 95, its not always easy to get 98 Crying or Very Sad

"economical with restraint" how often does this happen ? Laughing

When i drive the SC it just begs to be revved, with the cams and light fly wheel...i cant help myself. Evil or Very Mad if i want economy i jump in the NA or get on my bike Very Happy
GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: !@#$%ING FUEL PRICES Mon, 29 August 2005 14:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OK,

Last couple of days i have been riding around on my pushy with my head down and my you know what up.

So i need to get some 95 or 98 octane for the beast where can i get some cheap ??????!!!!!
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: !@#$%ING FUEL PRICES Mon, 29 August 2005 22:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
where do you live, go to fuelwatch.com or something similar it'll tell you the cheapest places to get fuel Very Happy
crazymax
Regular

October 2003
Re: !@#$%ING FUEL PRICES Mon, 29 August 2005 23:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i pay about $1.34 for optimax. so like i pay about $80 something dollars and only get about 450kms in my TT soarer..... worked out its cheaper to fly Razz
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: !@#$%ING FUEL PRICES Mon, 29 August 2005 23:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
crazymax wrote on Tue, 30 August 2005 09:24

out its cheaper to fly Razz

Laughing Laughing Laughing
MY Racing 221
Regular

August 2005
Re: !@#$%ING FUEL PRICES Tue, 30 August 2005 01:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Don't always HAVE to run 98 in it - but it likes it much better. Especially considering its a Japanese car, hence tuned for 100.

I actually drive with restraint much of the time - maybe I'm starting to show my age. Especially around town anyway. When I get out onto some of the windy roads here things may be a little different Very Happy

Did about 800km over the past weekend and averaged 10l/100km.

Not bad?
shezza
Regular

March 2005
Re: !@#$%ING FUEL PRICES Tue, 30 August 2005 01:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
America pay half of what we do Shocked Sad
GBC_069
Regular

October 2004
Re: !@#$%ING FUEL PRICES Tue, 30 August 2005 02:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey guys, yeh petty today has dipped back down to 117.9L , minus my 4c !! however thats for unleaded !

i cant complain about my economy, 525km on 38L , which is pretty good for a 17 year old celica !!!

but get set to see it go up again !!!!! US oil jumped to 71.00 a barrel and because of the Florida cyclone its still going.

coz the gulf produces 25% of oil and its been shutdown for a week now.

set to hit 100 a barrel in a month the TV was saying, that equates for us to about 1.50 - 1.60 unleaded , and for you 98RON guys !!!!! OUCH ! Sad

nick.
GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: !@#$%ING FUEL PRICES Tue, 30 August 2005 03:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Merudo wrote on Tue, 30 August 2005 09:41

crazymax wrote on Tue, 30 August 2005 09:24

out its cheaper to fly Razz

Laughing Laughing Laughing

That is pretty funny but you would absolutely be cheaper to fly per KM

anyway in a Soarer you are supposed to be souring....with the eagles anyway Laughing
xxxplosive
Occasional Poster

August 2005
Re: !@#$%ING FUEL PRICES Tue, 30 August 2005 12:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
u know what i find funni about the petrol prices in Australia here..... We produce our own oil... and have our own refinaries etc etc and now we have to pay World Prices???? Beacuse the Iraq War and the cyclone in the states we have to suffer over it??? personally i reckon we should stuff em all up and use our own oil direct from our own oil shelves and produce our own fuel... and charge all the other f*&kers a higher price... for our fuel Laughing

lol like the cheaper to fly comment dude.... my friend has a '82 Lazer and it costs him bit over $50 for a full tank!! i remember when i started driving we were paying 85c a litre (im 20 now btw) ahhh those were the days....
CONAN
Occasional Poster

June 2004
Re: !@#$%ING FUEL PRICES Tue, 30 August 2005 12:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Most of it is taxed by the way ppls.
THANKS JOHN HOWARD
jcmunga
Regular

November 2004
Re: !@#$%ING FUEL PRICES Tue, 30 August 2005 13:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well im one of the lucky ones that has discovered LPG Very Happy
i have a el falcon, i worked out id be spending around $80 a week on petrol but with gas its less tan half.
42.9/l, BP have a 2c discount card so 40.9/l
about $28 to fill the tank and i get 400ks to a tank Very Happy
CoronaC
Regular

June 2004
Re: !@#$%ING FUEL PRICES Tue, 30 August 2005 13:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GBC_069 wrote on Tue, 30 August 2005 12:12

set to hit 100 a barrel in a month the TV was saying, that equates for us to about 1.50 - 1.60 unleaded , and for you 98RON guys !!!!! OUCH ! Sad

nick.

$100/barrel fuck me sideways, guess ill have to rethink about getting a luxo barge now or get a LPG conversion on it, still wanna get a celsior though.

cheers
chris
Ribfeast
Forums Junkie

March 2005

Re: !@#$%ING FUEL PRICES Wed, 31 August 2005 03:04 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Any way to make a 1JZ run on LPG? lol

I think there was some problem with it drying out valves or seals or something.

Australia doesn't make enough fuel to meet its own demans. OPEC sets the fuel prices anyway. Wish they would ditch that tax though!
Pages (4): [1  2  3  4  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:How to get into Fibro Glass moulding ???
Next Topic:I have lots and lots of car pics for u all
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 17:23:37 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0088760852813721 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.