Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » Anybody blown their 4AC before they swaped it?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Hachi2Muchi
Regular

August 2005
icon3.gif  Anybody blown their 4AC before they swaped it? Wed, 24 August 2005 15:13 Go to next message
Hey guys

You know when your about to engine swap and know that you wont be needed that 4AC wonder anymore..... Evil or Very Mad

You start thrashing the hell out of it Rolling Eyes

Anybody manage to blow theirs?

Just curious Laughing
  Send a private message to this user    
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Anybody blown their 4AC before they swaped it? Wed, 24 August 2005 22:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i'd say many ppl have done it. Very Happy
alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Anybody blown their 4AC before they swaped it? Wed, 24 August 2005 22:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i didnt think you COULD actually blow a 4ac,

my mate has been trying for about 12 months now...
Laughing
RobertoX
Regular

May 2002
Re: Anybody blown their 4AC before they swaped it? Wed, 24 August 2005 23:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
after about 2 years of getting an absolute thrashing mine started to blow a bit of smoke on acceleration, but this only started about 2 days before I put a 4ag in it... So it didnt really blow but it actually had a slight problem with it Razz
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Anybody blown their 4AC before they swaped it? Wed, 24 August 2005 23:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bubbles one was down to three cylinders does that count. I reckon give me a 4ac and a week and i could blow it up for you.
RobertoX
Regular

May 2002
Re: Anybody blown their 4AC before they swaped it? Thu, 25 August 2005 00:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

bubbles one was down to three cylinders does that count.

That doesnt count because it was probably due to the tuning of the motec
hairywally
Occasional Poster

April 2005
Re: Anybody blown their 4AC before they swaped it? Thu, 25 August 2005 00:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
not to sure if it counts but i once snapped the camshaft,having said that they can cop a far bit of abuse
UUP-46X
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Anybody blown their 4AC before they swaped it? Thu, 25 August 2005 00:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RobertoX wrote on Thu, 25 August 2005 10:04

Quote:

bubbles one was down to three cylinders does that count.

That doesnt count because it was probably due to the tuning of the motec

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Anybody blown their 4AC before they swaped it? Thu, 25 August 2005 08:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think it's impossible, unless there no oil in it or something and you thrash the shit out of it Very Happy
86DRFT
Forums Junkie

July 2004
Re: Anybody blown their 4AC before they swaped it? Thu, 25 August 2005 08:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i had no trouble with mine, it sat on 6500 most of its life.
-impossible to kill.
SW20R
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: Anybody blown their 4AC before they swaped it? Thu, 25 August 2005 08:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dimmy77_03 wrote on Thu, 25 August 2005 18:21

i think it's impossible, unless there no oil in it or something and you thrash the shit out of it Very Happy

very old oil - never ever changed, blown headgasket mega advanced timing and the car still drove for 7 months the car would overheat after 5minutes of driving and 2 minutes at the traffic lights. used to cool it down watering the engine with a hose thinking that was the best idea. we even towed the 4AGE on a trailer behind it!! Laughing

ShiRi
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Anybody blown their 4AC before they swaped it? Thu, 25 August 2005 09:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my 4ac conked out one day while driving

towed it home and changed the entire car lol

6 months later! Sad
biggo
Regular

November 2004
Re: Anybody blown their 4AC before they swaped it? Thu, 25 August 2005 10:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message

You must admit that the 4ac does have sense of humour!

Hows this - its sorta like their revenge for trying to kill'em, they don't die!

Laughing Laughing Laughing

I killed mine the easy (sorta) way, cut the the main cooling hose Laughing Laughing Laughing

Mind you it still turn over and ran for 15 mins Laughing

/chants

"REVENGE OF THE 4AC" "REVENGE OF THE 4AC" "REVENGE OF THE 4AC"
Laughing
bubbles
Forums Junkie

Banned user

March 2004
Re: Anybody blown their 4AC before they swaped it? Thu, 25 August 2005 11:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laughing curse the 4ac
Hachi2Muchi
Regular

August 2005
Re: Anybody blown their 4AC before they swaped it? Thu, 25 August 2005 12:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Those engines are funny!
ofcourse we cant kill it... it is a 4A block after all Wink

Try bending out three spark plug tips and then race it with one cylinder with a friend on foot... REV REV!!! sounds like a rexxy

THE 4AC LEGEND LIVES ON!

disclaimer: Any suggestion made by me is simply a suggestion and not to be takin seriously. DRAMATIZATION! MAY NOT HAVE HAPPENED! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
mumblezzz
Regular

June 2003
Re: Anybody blown their 4AC before they swaped it? Thu, 25 August 2005 13:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Take it for a thrash up a mountain..... with no water.

Mind you it still drove home... with no water.

and started the next day... with no water.

So I guess I really didnt kill it.
ozstrider
Regular

September 2004
Re: Anybody blown their 4AC before they swaped it? Thu, 25 August 2005 13:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I didnt even thrash mine and its on the way out. It makes a bubbling noise if you push the accelerator, it blows tons of smoke on accel, it idles effen rough as guts, and runs rich like a sultan in the desert.
So i started to thrash it to try and kill it as a good excuse to get a 4AG in it, but i think its actually got a little better since i started thrashing the guts out of it.
4DaDrift
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Anybody blown their 4AC before they swaped it? Thu, 25 August 2005 14:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hachi2Muchi wrote on Thu, 25 August 2005 01:13

Hey guys

You know when your about to engine swap and know that you wont be needed that 4AC wonder anymore..... Evil or Very Mad

You start thrashing the hell out of it Rolling Eyes

Anybody manage to blow theirs?

Just curious Laughing

ran mine for several days w/o oil before it went to the wreckers ( had been side swiped on the drivers side door by a semi and t-boned on the passanger side ) approx 8 years ago ( yeah pre inital d ae86 lover here )
only managed to destroy the big end bearing so cut off the only muffler on it , advanced the timing and ran a straight 2 inch pipe on it to just before the diff with a knock for my no oil efforts to stir the neighbours and anyone else i could think of up, still didnt die thou yet you could hear it suburbs away
hokey
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Anybody blown their 4AC before they swaped it? Fri, 26 August 2005 07:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cousin ran his without a radiator for about a week. he drove to to toyospares to ask about 4age's and they were like wtf where is your radiator Razz
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Anybody blown their 4AC before they swaped it? Fri, 26 August 2005 07:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hokey wrote on Fri, 26 August 2005 17:09

cousin ran his without a radiator for about a week. he drove to to toyospares to ask about 4age's and they were like wtf where is your radiator Razz

hahaahh Laughing Laughing
Lench
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: Anybody blown their 4AC before they swaped it? Fri, 26 August 2005 08:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Shocked i didnt think the 4ac was THAT tough Laughing
Sprinter Adam
Regular

July 2005
Re: Anybody blown their 4AC before they swaped it? Fri, 26 August 2005 10:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RobST162 wrote on Fri, 26 August 2005 17:05

hahaahh Laughing Laughing

All class dude Laughing Laughing
smashed_wombat
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Anybody blown their 4AC before they swaped it? Sat, 27 August 2005 12:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message

rofl Laughing Laughing
mc68
Regular

I supported Toymods

April 2005
Re: Anybody blown their 4AC before they swaped it? Sat, 27 August 2005 13:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i bought my ae86 with a rooted head gasket and dangeroulsy low on the orange water/oil that it once had in it...(had a cracked sump)

still ran fine! Laughing
hokey
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Anybody blown their 4AC before they swaped it? Sat, 27 August 2005 14:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
must be similar design to K series engines Razz
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Anybody blown their 4AC before they swaped it? Sat, 27 August 2005 16:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Step 1: drain oil.
Step 2: Tie throttle open.
Step 3: ...
Step 4: Profit.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Anybody blown their 4AC before they swaped it? Sun, 28 August 2005 04:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Step 3: Go down the pub and get pissed ppl to bet on how long it'll last Very Happy
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Anybody blown their 4AC before they swaped it? Sun, 28 August 2005 06:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Some guys did this to a bike. They drained the oil and ran it to redline. It ran for about 10 minutes or so. They got bored so they filled it back up with oil and turned it over. Started up okay and ran. I can't remember how long it lived after that though.
MickNOFX
Occasional Poster

March 2005
Re: Anybody blown their 4AC before they swaped it? Sun, 28 August 2005 12:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I just picked up my 16v this weekend and it goes in next weekend so I'm gonna give it one hell of a try.

Wish me luck, by the sounds of it I'll need it.

hokey
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Anybody blown their 4AC before they swaped it? Sun, 28 August 2005 12:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
try holding accelerator open and throwing a couple of stones in the carb.
BlackGT4
Regular

February 2005
Re: Anybody blown their 4AC before they swaped it? Sun, 28 August 2005 12:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MickNOFX wrote on Sun, 28 August 2005 22:08

I just picked up my 16v this weekend and it goes in next weekend so I'm gonna give it one hell of a try.

Wish me luck, by the sounds of it I'll need it.

make sure u get it on video if you do succeed. u might just become famous.
mikes86
Regular

September 2004
Re: Anybody blown their 4AC before they swaped it? Sun, 28 August 2005 12:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the mighty 4ac is near impossible to kill, but even so i tried my hardest to blow up my last 4age on the way to replace it. Red line the whole way with a knocking big end 1/4 oil and 5 minutes of dougnuts outside my mates workshop, and it STILL didnt let go. I think the 4A's last longer on redline.... Rolling Eyes well that my theory anyways Very Happy
ToyCam
Regular

April 2003
Re: Anybody blown their 4AC before they swaped it? Sun, 28 August 2005 14:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You guys just aren't trying hard enough.

http://www.users.bigpond.com/rgpembrey/Lefthole.jpghttp://www.users.bigpond.com/rgpembrey/Righthole.jpg

Blew 2nd and 3rd conrods out either side Evil or Very Mad
Managed this at 100km/h... Smoke everywhere
with a sump full of oil and radiator full of water

The bar has been set...

Steve

[Updated on: Sun, 28 August 2005 14:55]

carsanactra
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Anybody blown their 4AC before they swaped it? Mon, 29 August 2005 03:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bahaha, nasty stuff there.
WantaTurbo
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Anybody blown their 4AC before they swaped it? Mon, 29 August 2005 03:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ToyCam wrote on Mon, 29 August 2005 00:52

You guys just aren't trying hard enough.

http://www.users.bigpond.com/rgpembrey/Lefthole.jpghttp://www.users.bigpond.com/rgpembrey/Righthole.jpg

Blew 2nd and 3rd conrods out either side Evil or Very Mad
Managed this at 100km/h... Smoke everywhere
with a sump full of oil and radiator full of water

The bar has been set...

Steve

Teh win0r!!! Razz
AZAE86
Regular

May 2002
Re: Anybody blown their 4AC before they swaped it? Mon, 29 August 2005 08:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well as my head gasket was going it was pretty screwed, but one day i forgot to fill radiator before i went out, 10m into my trip the radiator hose popped from expanded air.

popped bonnet had a look... shrugged, closed the bonnet and kept going.

went fine Confused
domasik
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Anybody blown their 4AC before they swaped it? Mon, 29 August 2005 08:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha i was waiting for someone to post those pics up i rmemebr seeing them a while ago.

p.s toyospares story made me choke on my chocolate milk
Xinx
Regular

December 2003
Re: Anybody blown their 4AC before they swaped it? Wed, 31 August 2005 02:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Don't know about you guys, but I don't think I can get myself to blowing up engine on purpose. I mean I like to trash it and all, but not to the point of blowing it up.

I get kinda sentimental when it come to this kind thing. I mean the 4ac is a good reliable engine just haven't got much power why break it keep it as a spare for a rainy day Wink .
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Anybody blown their 4AC before they swaped it? Wed, 31 August 2005 02:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Xinx wrote on Wed, 31 August 2005 12:52

I get kinda sentimental when it come to this kind thing. I mean the 4ac is a good reliable engine just haven't got much power why break it keep it as a spare for a rainy day Wink .

Like in new orleans at the moment you could use it as a boat anchor Very Happy
EnFlaMEd
Regular

September 2003
Re: Anybody blown their 4AC before they swaped it? Wed, 31 August 2005 09:44 Go to previous message
Just pour 600ml of water into the intake I tells you!
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:wat stud pattern do mz20 have hey guys
Next Topic:Sixworks
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 12:57:57 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0076310634613037 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.