Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Snowboarders Thu, 25 August 2005 06:45 Go to next message
What are good brands and model of snowboards for amateeur riders ?

Any good trusted forums that you guys browse ? Also any good trusted sites to buy from ? I am tempted to buy from o/seas
  Send a private message to this user    
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Snowboarders Thu, 25 August 2005 06:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
depends how amateur.. and stye and so many things..

i've enjoyed saloman and option boards.. but many people like burton...
i think nowadays the quality of most boards is very good tho...

[Updated on: Thu, 25 August 2005 11:44]

finney
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Snowboarders Thu, 25 August 2005 09:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
old corolla you be talking shit...

i've had burton boards for the last 2 seasons and have had no complaints whatsoever. if you're after a good alrounder look at the canyon. theres a decent place in crows nest on the pacific hwy if you want to at least check out gear before buying from o/s. the place is called first tracks.
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Snowboarders Thu, 25 August 2005 09:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
burtons are fantastic, never had any complaints with mine (except that australian conditions have resulted in chips and gouges)

that said, if you're just beginning (ie, never been before) I recommend hiring a board. if you're going to keep going at least once a year, then buy a board. burton, saloman... as long as it's the right height and width for what you want, mid-high end boards are all pretty good.
cannonball
Forums Junkie

July 2004
Re: Snowboarders Thu, 25 August 2005 11:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Burtons are good boards, but they cost a bomb, so keep hem for the real snow (Canada Japan, NZ etc) not crappy ozzy snow that trashes your base n edges.
My first board was a Palmer Clown (i think its called a Gap now)and it was fantastic, and its still one of my fav boards to ride. It lasted 3 Years of Aussie and Canadian seasons, and i still get it out occasionally for a bit of relaxed freeride, so i would have to say its the best value board of all the boards ive owned. My newest board is thr Palmer Honey Pro, Superlight base with Carbon Fibre tail for that extra snappy performance Evil or Very Mad
Rode a Burton for a while, and theyre an excelent board too, but they are the top end of the market, and your paying for the name as well as quality if you know what i mean.

Carefull of Burton Bindings though. A couple of seasons ago a few of my mates had them and they all failed on the wratchet mechanism thing a number of times each in the same season. It was such a common fault that all the Burton shops stocked spares specifically for warranty repair. They might have the bugs worked out by now though.

[Updated on: Thu, 25 August 2005 11:14]

oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Snowboarders Thu, 25 August 2005 11:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
finney wrote on Thu, 25 August 2005 19:20

old corolla you be talking shit...

LOL Laughing i do that from time to time Razz

i'm looking to get a board in the next couple months....

whats Aus like around xmas time for buying?? a bit late for after season specials??
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Snowboarders Thu, 25 August 2005 13:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NITRO all the way (Board, Bindings)

Burton for boots
davedave
Forums Junkie

October 2003

Re: Snowboarders Thu, 25 August 2005 13:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I don't think it really matters, as long as you steer clear of the cheap and nastys.

If you haven't been boarding all that long, read some reviews on some web site, and try to find one that's aimed at your level. A stiff professional board will make it super hard to learn on, as will any board designed for a specific purpose that you're not focussing on.

I'm not super experienced (bout 8 years skiing only Australia and Canada), and I really enjoy my fairly no-name board (Avalanche, made in Austria). It wasn't by any means cheap, but it wasn't too pricey either.
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Snowboarders Thu, 25 August 2005 21:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Australia = the country never to buy snow-gear in. Unless its half price, and then you are getting an ok deal.

http://www.sundanceresort.com/images/07THUMB.jpg

Glen Plake seyz.....

Snowboarding is ghey Razz

woo-wooooooo!!!

http://pws.prserv.net/Freestyler/Plake%20cross%20air%20300.jpg

http://www.sundanceresort.com/images/08THUMB.jpg

http://www.sundanceresort.com/images/01THUMB.jpg

[Updated on: Thu, 25 August 2005 22:00]

Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Snowboarders Thu, 25 August 2005 22:40 Go to previous message
sorry karl, not a skiier, but will take your advice.

I am thinking of buying overseas .. can anyone tell me if MORROW is a good brand ? ssaw a set of board and bingings in queenstown for $600 and am trying to find the same combo here in Oz

http://www.backcountryoutlet.com/outlet/MOR0006/c7 /s49/Morrow-Snowboards-Lithium-Snowboard-Mens.html
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: pick up lines got any
Next Topic:Arnie works out to 'It's Raining Men'
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 08:25:06 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0059549808502197 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.