Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » Can U get new lenses for 86 parkers instead of the whole assembly?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
DRFT - 86
Regular

February 2005
Can U get new lenses for 86 parkers instead of the whole assembly? Fri, 26 August 2005 08:06 Go to next message
as the topic states, can just the parker light lenses (for AE86) be bought from toyota or where ever, instead of buying the full light assembly..?
if so, how much roughly does a pair cost..... if anyone knows.

cheers

[Updated on: Fri, 26 August 2005 08:07]

Send a private message to this user    
shcao
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Can U get new lenses for 86 parkers instead of the whole assembly? Sat, 27 August 2005 00:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
use ae82 lenses, They are like 20 bux a pair brand new from repco or some shit..
79rollaboy
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Can U get new lenses for 86 parkers instead of the whole assembly? Sat, 27 August 2005 00:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
82 lenses are different...
Steve-AE86
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2003
Re: Can U get new lenses for 86 parkers instead of the whole assembly? Sat, 27 August 2005 01:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yer, they so dont fit..

just get complete assy's...they're only $80 each Rolling Eyes
KOPDIS
Regular

June 2002
Re: Can U get new lenses for 86 parkers instead of the whole assembly? Sat, 27 August 2005 02:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yup AE82 lots shorter see pic

http://img377.imageshack.us/img377/1016/014ii.th.jpg

and i rang to get a new one just recently they said sorry out of stock it will cost $200 per side!! to get them from japan! which is total and utter BS cause you can get a full set of Jap spec Kouki ones NEW for $200 a PAIR!
Steve-AE86
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2003
Re: Can U get new lenses for 86 parkers instead of the whole assembly? Sat, 27 August 2005 02:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that's because they quoted you with a wiring harness...ask them for a price on just the lense...they're $80 a side. zenki or kouki. pay any more than that, and you're getting rolled.
KOPDIS
Regular

June 2002
Re: Can U get new lenses for 86 parkers instead of the whole assembly? Sat, 27 August 2005 04:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well im getting a pair of kouki ones with wiring harness for $250 so im pretty happy with that, better than toyota australia charging $200 per side with harness
DRFT - 86
Regular

February 2005
Re: Can U get new lenses for 86 parkers instead of the whole assembly? Sat, 27 August 2005 05:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
$80, still ripped, why cant they be the same price as rolla items.......... 86's I tell ya... fuckers arnt cheap when sourcing parts.... Razz
Steve-AE86
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2003
Re: Can U get new lenses for 86 parkers instead of the whole assembly? Sat, 27 August 2005 07:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
KOPDIS wrote on Sat, 27 August 2005 14:18

well im getting a pair of kouki ones with wiring harness for $250 so im pretty happy with that, better than toyota australia charging $200 per side with harness

why buy them with the harness?

the wiring/globes is the same... definately NOT worth another $90 Rolling Eyes
KOPDIS
Regular

June 2002
Re: Can U get new lenses for 86 parkers instead of the whole assembly? Sat, 27 August 2005 07:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dood the globes and shit are different for kouki compared to ADM plus my car came with none! at all it was $50 extra all up for the kouki harness's, dunno where are you buying from for $80 for Koukis? is that just toyota Aust? cause im going through someone else, probably thats where the increase is...ive asked around and alot of other people sell the KOUKI parkers for $130ea(just the lense) so i figured i was getting a good deal

[Updated on: Sat, 27 August 2005 07:24]

Steve-AE86
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2003
Re: Can U get new lenses for 86 parkers instead of the whole assembly? Sat, 27 August 2005 07:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
toyota australia. they should even have them in stock.

KOPDIS
Regular

June 2002
Re: Can U get new lenses for 86 parkers instead of the whole assembly? Sat, 27 August 2005 07:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmm ok, but i rang for a RHS ADM (Zenki)idicator for a friend the other day and they said out of stock, plus i thought you could only get the jap parts (Kouki)from Aust if you had exact part numbers, so they can order from Japan, which i didnt know what it was.
Steve-AE86
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2003
Re: Can U get new lenses for 86 parkers instead of the whole assembly? Sat, 27 August 2005 07:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
search the net dude...there's about 10 sites that list part numbers off specific to ae86 Wink Wink Wink

Youngy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Can U get new lenses for 86 parkers instead of the whole assembly? Sat, 27 August 2005 08:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Post the site links up Steve.
KOPDIS
Regular

June 2002
Re: Can U get new lenses for 86 parkers instead of the whole assembly? Sat, 27 August 2005 08:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yep fair enough, i will do for anything else i need, however i needed these asap so i just ordered from another guy, thanks for the tip Very Happy
Steve-AE86
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2003
Re: Can U get new lenses for 86 parkers instead of the whole assembly? Sun, 28 August 2005 04:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
do your own research Youngy Wink
ShiRi
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Can U get new lenses for 86 parkers instead of the whole assembly? Sun, 28 August 2005 08:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the wiring is the same... the globe is different for the parker part... not the indicator part

u can buy the globe housing for 5 bucks at repco... cut the old one off ur old wiring and wire the new one in...

10 buck job... 20 minutes MAX
KOPDIS
Regular

June 2002
Re: Can U get new lenses for 86 parkers instead of the whole assembly? Sun, 28 August 2005 08:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ShiRi wrote on Sun, 28 August 2005 18:00

the wiring is the same... the globe is different for the parker part... not the indicator part

u can buy the globe housing for 5 bucks at repco... cut the old one off ur old wiring and wire the new one in...

10 buck job... 20 minutes MAX

yeah true but i had none at all no wiring supplied when i bought the car, i figured it was just easier buying a whole thing brand new, meh live and learn
KOPDIS
Regular

June 2002
Re: Can U get new lenses for 86 parkers instead of the whole assembly? Sun, 28 August 2005 08:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that being said, i could of just ripped out some from a corolla at pick a part for free and modified them lol
Youngy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Can U get new lenses for 86 parkers instead of the whole assembly? Sun, 28 August 2005 23:28 Go to previous message
Steve-AE86 wrote on Sun, 28 August 2005 14:09

do your own research Youngy Wink

Laughing
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Beams 3sge into AW11 MR2 conversion.
Next Topic:drifting. how easy?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 01:38:25 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0053181648254395 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.