Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » The Outhouse » Honda ad (engineered an aeroplane).....

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
no_tofu_speed
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Jab what?!!?!
Honda ad (engineered an aeroplane)..... Fri, 26 August 2005 10:44 Go to next message
wonder if it has a VTEC.
  Send a private message to this user    
Lench
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: Honda ad (engineered an aeroplane)..... Fri, 26 August 2005 11:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
care for link/background story?
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Honda ad (engineered an aeroplane)..... Fri, 26 August 2005 11:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol. I was wondering why Honda decided to make a jet engine plane. Surely a 4 cylender prop plane would be better. Wink With teh VTEC yo!
mc68
Regular

I supported Toymods

April 2005
Re: Honda ad (engineered an aeroplane)..... Fri, 26 August 2005 11:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol, with the constant revs a plane engine has to endure, vtec would be interesting...hearing all 4 engines shift the timing in unicen...awesome...

yet pointless Laughing
no_tofu_speed
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Jab what?!!?!
Re: Honda ad (engineered an aeroplane)..... Fri, 26 August 2005 12:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
there are ads on tv for honda, really quick ads with a statement/showoff of one of their new advancements such as the HSC concept car.
One I just saw had a plane.....
just had a funny thought so I posted it out of boredem...
I was assuming at some point everyone had seen the ad.
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Honda ad (engineered an aeroplane)..... Fri, 26 August 2005 12:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LOL. I wonder what RPM most light planes run up to?
79rollaboy
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Honda ad (engineered an aeroplane)..... Fri, 26 August 2005 13:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The honda jet is...well... jet propelled... so it'd be pulling something like 100,000rpm no?

As for piston engine light aircraft... Not 100% sure but I dont think it would be too outrageous, depending on whether they have fixed or adjustable propellors... adjustable prop engines remain at the top of the torque curve and the inclanation on the prop blade is variable... were a fixed prop uses engine speed to adjust thrust... I would guess that most light aircraft stay well under the 10,000rpm mark... Sustaining high revs is not particularly good for a piston engine...
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Honda ad (engineered an aeroplane)..... Fri, 26 August 2005 14:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Seems the Cessna 185 has a redline of just 2800rpm.
The older Cessna 172 Skyhawk Makes 134kw @ 2700rpm. LOL.

So yes, those seem to be WELL under 10,000. Ha ha ha ha.
kingmick
Forums Junkie

Banned by his request

July 2002
Re: Honda ad (engineered an aeroplane)..... Sat, 27 August 2005 09:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hahahahah if i had to go over a large tree'd area,i can promise it wont be in a piston engine doing cherokee doing 10000rpm.lmfao,ive never been a fan of boxer engines but they are very reliable in a light plane.
mick
mc68
Regular

I supported Toymods

April 2005
Re: Honda ad (engineered an aeroplane)..... Sat, 27 August 2005 11:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gotta love how the very first generation, or close relative of the ej20 was a light plane engine Laughing
Toymad
Occasional Poster

August 2004
Re: Honda ad (engineered an aeroplane)..... Mon, 29 August 2005 03:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I can't say i recall revving the 172 i learned in any harder than about 2500rpm. The thing would bellow loud enough as it was!
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Honda ad (engineered an aeroplane)..... Mon, 29 August 2005 03:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The ad is a piss take cos they use the line we've engineered a honda that really flies Smile
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Honda ad (engineered an aeroplane)..... Wed, 31 August 2005 10:28 Go to previous message
Corona RT142 wrote on Mon, 29 August 2005 13:21

The ad is a piss take cos they use the line we've engineered a honda that really flies Smile

http://www.home.no/c0licab/captain.jpg
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:japan
Next Topic:Brogden quits
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 07:10:38 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0059139728546143 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.