stupid diffusion heat treatments....

was meant to look like this but it doesn't anymore Sad

http://www.onera.fr/photos-en/materiaux/images/244017.jpg
  Send a private message to this user    
b1gb3n
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2004
Re: arrgh!!! i broke my superalloy :( Fri, 26 August 2005 19:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
????

reminds me of my material science class which i hated Mad
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: arrgh!!! i broke my superalloy :( Fri, 26 August 2005 19:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
b1gb3n wrote on Sat, 27 August 2005 05:01

????

reminds me of my material science class which i hated Mad

shit 'ey? thats what i do for a meagre living Razz

b1gb3n
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2004
Re: arrgh!!! i broke my superalloy :( Fri, 26 August 2005 19:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i hope u dont look like colonel sanders (KFC) or kenny rogers coz thats how my lecturer loook like Laughing
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: arrgh!!! i broke my superalloy :( Fri, 26 August 2005 22:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Heh. What you do to it Mr Oldcorollas? What does it look like now?
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: arrgh!!! i broke my superalloy :( Sat, 27 August 2005 06:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmmm.. well i can't tell you what alloy it is, except it's a new generation (5th??) nickel based gamma/gamma prime directionally grown single crystal superalloy.

and then i electroplate platinum on top and heat treat to diffusion bond the platinum to the substrate..

i thought i'd killed the superalloy structure, but the temp should have been too low for that.. turns out there was more inter-diffusion than we thought and the original structure is found much deeper in the alloy...

the platinum is relatively immobile, so it's probably just nickle and tantalum shifting the gamma/gamma prime loop and de-stabilising the two phase cube structure.....

or something like that Razz
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: arrgh!!! i broke my superalloy :( Sat, 27 August 2005 08:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oldcorollas wrote on Sat, 27 August 2005 16:04

hmmm.. well i can't tell you what alloy it is, except it's a new generation (5th??) nickel based gamma/gamma prime directionally grown single crystal superalloy.

and then i electroplate platinum on top and heat treat to diffusion bond the platinum to the substrate..

i thought i'd killed the superalloy structure, but the temp should have been too low for that.. turns out there was more inter-diffusion than we thought and the original structure is found much deeper in the alloy...

the platinum is relatively immobile, so it's probably just nickle and tantalum shifting the gamma/gamma prime loop and de-stabilising the two phase cube structure.....

i reckon
poh_86
Regular

November 2004
Re: arrgh!!! i broke my superalloy :( Sat, 27 August 2005 12:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
b1gb3n wrote on Sat, 27 August 2005 05:36

i hope u dont look like colonel sanders (KFC) or kenny rogers coz thats how my lecturer loook like Laughing

ITS NOT THE DEVIL ITS THE MADOOLA-OBLANGATA Laughing
EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: arrgh!!! i broke my superalloy :( Sat, 27 August 2005 14:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oldcorollas wrote on Sat, 27 August 2005 14:04

yeah, and... yeah...

Eldar.O.
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: arrgh!!! i broke my superalloy :( Sat, 27 August 2005 14:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stuart is full of it guys... he is just backpacking around Japan and playing tetris on his palm pilot... stuarts latest tetris game is shown in his first post!

On a serious note... this isn't all coming about due to the stupid european unions "RoHS" regulations banning lead, chromium, cadmium and mercury is it???

I don't think it will be too long before 1 euro = 1 AUD thanks to their stupid rules... ooh well, their loss, our gain!
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: arrgh!!! i broke my superalloy :( Sat, 27 August 2005 15:01 Go to previous message
Toobs wrote on Sun, 28 August 2005 00:42

Stuart is full of it guys... he is just backpacking around Japan and playing tetris on his palm pilot... stuarts latest tetris game is shown in his first post!

On a serious note... this isn't all coming about due to the stupid european unions "RoHS" regulations banning lead, chromium, cadmium and mercury is it???

I don't think it will be too long before 1 euro = 1 AUD thanks to their stupid rules... ooh well, their loss, our gain!

aww Toobs, that was meant to be our little secret Razz

hmmmm. not sure about the other three, but banning chromium?? that will never happen... the majority of the worlds industry reliws on the chromia forming properties of stainless steels.. i'm not sure how they plan to get around it...

do you have a link? (i know i should google Razz )
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:This guy is a hack
Next Topic:The WW2 Aircraft that didn't make it
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 17:08:18 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0060381889343262 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.