Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
CRAB-86
Regular

September 2003
Drift on T.V. this weekend Sat, 27 August 2005 06:54 Go to next message
Tune in boys

Sunday, 12:00, SBS, Speedweek

One and A Half hours from the last Drift Australia Round at Mallala!

Should be good Very Happy

[Updated on: Sat, 27 August 2005 06:54]

Send a private message to this user    
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Drift on T.V. this weekend Sat, 27 August 2005 07:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ill be watchin Very Happy
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: Drift on T.V. this weekend Sat, 27 August 2005 07:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
will be on the couch Very Happy

who was present at the meet anyway
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: Drift on T.V. this weekend Sat, 27 August 2005 08:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ahh work wont be so bad now, with drift on the lcd screen Very Happy
DRFT - 86
Regular

February 2005
Re: Drift on T.V. this weekend Sat, 27 August 2005 11:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
soundz aight to me......... SBS it is... been waitin for some more free drift action....
peeack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2004
Re: Drift on T.V. this weekend Sat, 27 August 2005 16:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for the notice, I'll be tuning in =D
Hachi2Muchi
Regular

August 2005
Re: Drift on T.V. this weekend Sat, 27 August 2005 18:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Many thanks...

I always seem to miss drift events on free tv
noy this time though Very Happy
slipknot86
Regular

June 2005
Re: Drift on T.V. this weekend Sat, 27 August 2005 23:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i'll definetely not miss it Rolling Eyes
kingmick
Forums Junkie

Banned by his request

July 2002
Re: Drift on T.V. this weekend Sun, 28 August 2005 01:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
couple of workshops that i sell stuff to and advise are always there,but i just dont get it!i love hanging the arse out every now and then,but i love going fast etc etc.lol to me its a waste of being on the track,rather lower my lap times!lol but after 20 years circuit racing maybe im biased!no if they did it with the racing trucks that would be something to behold,and with a 40 foot trailer,id reackon they would be gods!
mick
p.s im not having a go at all!i just dont get it.
dizzy
Regular

February 2004
Re: Drift on T.V. this weekend Sun, 28 August 2005 03:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Awsome stuff Crab!
Phrostbyte
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

April 2004
Re: Drift on T.V. this weekend Sun, 28 August 2005 03:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Woooooo hooooo well done crab Very Happy Makin us toymodders proud Very Happy

Cheers,
Kev.
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Drift on T.V. this weekend Sun, 28 August 2005 03:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
good stuff was great to watch the holdens didnt do well at all but the sounds from that 7ltr v8 was awesome i must say
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Drift on T.V. this weekend Sun, 28 August 2005 03:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Congratulations, for sticking it to the big players Cool .
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Drift on T.V. this weekend Sun, 28 August 2005 03:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Great footage. Although the miss drift thing was a bit strange to have on speedweek.

Good work Leighton. You are a bloody good driver!
mr2drift
Regular

October 2003
Re: Drift on T.V. this weekend Sun, 28 August 2005 03:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
good work crabby, made me look bad! hahahah
KOPDIS
Regular

June 2002
Re: Drift on T.V. this weekend Sun, 28 August 2005 03:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
awesome stuff leighton, well done! great to watch you take down the nissan boys! Evil or Very Mad

camera work was appauling though! you can certainly tell they arent use to filming drifters
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Drift on T.V. this weekend Sun, 28 August 2005 04:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, I think they should zoom out a little so you can see both cars in the shot more often. Sometimes they were talking about the car that you couldn't see on screen.

These things will come in time though.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Drift on T.V. this weekend Sun, 28 August 2005 04:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Good coverage and woot for engine noises that weren't present in earlier drift coverage. Congrats to crab but once again geoff comes across as a tool commentating r30 sklyine being called the coupe version of the R31 sedan available in aus he's a bit confused.

All in all though its good to see drift on tele cos it helps promote the sport and atleast sbs gives it the coverage it deserves ie an hour and a half is pretty good.
poh_86
Regular

November 2004
Re: Drift on T.V. this weekend Sun, 28 August 2005 05:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that was hektic!

mad run crabby with the double pass, top stuff caught the highlight of the show
xolent
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: Drift on T.V. this weekend Sun, 28 August 2005 05:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol @ the commentators

UNDER UNDER UNDER!!

HATCHI RAKKU!
SW20R
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: Drift on T.V. this weekend Sun, 28 August 2005 05:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Good stuff Leighton!

btw what motor are you running?
KOPDIS
Regular

June 2002
Re: Drift on T.V. this weekend Sun, 28 August 2005 05:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
this is a direct cut from Leightons members ride thread dunno if its current or not

Engine:
Stock 2 gen 4agze,
175mm pulley kit
2 1/2 exhaust

Interior.
Stripped,
Bride (i think) bucket seat
Twin mount race harness/seatbelt

Suspension.
Front, A-spec Coilovers running aftermarket shock inserts and 8kg springs, Sigma Control Arms.
Rear, aftermarket shocks, 6kg springs

Drivetrain.
Stock Clutch
Stock Japspec rear end with clutch type lsd,
Whines like shit.
Think thats about it, mainly used for track nowdays.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Drift on T.V. this weekend Sun, 28 August 2005 05:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
xolent wrote on Sun, 28 August 2005 15:25

lol @ the commentators

UNDER UNDER UNDER!!

HATCHI RAKKU!

yeah i had to put up with it for two hours on friday nigth at oran park, geoff is the manager there fuck he's annoying. OMG its the best drift car in the world the HATCHI ROCKUUUUU, under under under, dirt turbo etc etc, one day i am gonna climb into the box and crack him in the head. Rolling Eyes
Phrostbyte
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

April 2004
Re: Drift on T.V. this weekend Sun, 28 August 2005 05:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rofl!
ehendrikd
Forums Junkie

April 2003

Re: Drift on T.V. this weekend Sun, 28 August 2005 05:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kudos crab-86, very entertaining to watch, well done Smile

mr2drift: hows your eyes man?

[Updated on: Sun, 28 August 2005 05:51]

Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Drift on T.V. this weekend Sun, 28 August 2005 06:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tuned in - tried explaining to dad what drifting was about ..

his words " the supra wouldnt be bad doing this " referring to out ma61 Wink

hehehe

Kudos to Crab for great viewing - and having a budget blaster own a backed team Smile Hopefully a few dollar providers come your way mate and help you out a bit ..

V8 ute/ monaro thing = great noise - lotsa smoke - but compared to the jap cars , just seemed like fish outta water ..

Commentators - bach the guy who kept on saying hatchi style all the time PLEASE! Dirt turbos - wtf ? I heard that explanation about 9 times

Anyway - good to see Simon , mr2drift and crabby having a go and putting on a good show
Simon-AE86
Forums Junkie

Banned user

July 2002

Re: Drift on T.V. this weekend Sun, 28 August 2005 06:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cheers

was interesting to see my final run where im up against a 240 rwkw car with my 90 Razz i need more smoke i reckon
mumblezzz
Regular

June 2003
Re: Drift on T.V. this weekend Sun, 28 August 2005 06:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
IMO you were robbed simon... My old man who has no idea about drifting even said so. Much smoother, better lines and more angle. Dont know what was happening in the judging booth...
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Drift on T.V. this weekend Sun, 28 August 2005 06:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
to be honest i thought you should have won that battle simon - I guess it does come down to tyre smoke - your entries and angles were heaps better IMHO
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Drift on T.V. this weekend Sun, 28 August 2005 06:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Simon-AE86 wrote on Sun, 28 August 2005 16:42

cheers

was interesting to see my final run where im up against a 240 rwkw car with my 90 Razz i need more smoke i reckon

time for a turbo????
Simon-AE86
Forums Junkie

Banned user

July 2002

Re: Drift on T.V. this weekend Sun, 28 August 2005 06:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cheers for the comments. but what is done is done so meh, time for the next event i reckon

turbo is on the cards, i am currently in the process of putting a turbo on my 20V.
#Fiend#
Regular

July 2005
Re: Drift on T.V. this weekend Sun, 28 August 2005 07:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I enjoyed that immensely, great to see a toymods member doing really well.

I reckon it's hilarious to look at that guy's (Leighton Fine is it, correct me if I'm wrong) specs in the above thread after hearing all about that Monaro and it's 845 HORSEPOWER!!!! which he placed ahead of.

At least there is one form of production motorsport left in Australia not dominated by purpose built million dollar race engines.

As a side note, if that 7 litre corvette engine/v8 supercar hybrid makes 845hp how much do you reckon the nations cup Monaro has?. Did that drift monaro use a supercharger to make that power level?. I am only intersested because I'm sure Holden claimed the nations cup Monaro only makes less than 600hp but a lot of the competitors especially John Bowe said they reckoned it had heaps more.
Simon-AE86
Forums Junkie

Banned user

July 2002

Re: Drift on T.V. this weekend Sun, 28 August 2005 07:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the monaro isnt supercharged, its a worked 7.2L chev motor running 110 octane fuel. dont need a SC to make 900 horses with that amount og cubic capacity Razz

but yeah... drift is cool in the way that anyone can take on the big budget people.. all yoiu need is skill and a toyota Razz
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: Drift on T.V. this weekend Sun, 28 August 2005 08:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It was great to see this on TV, as i wasnt able to make it out and watch on the day

great efforts simon, leighton and josh, doin the hachi boys proud Wink

maddest footage i rekon was the double overtake, sooo close almost contact

great stuff!
mc68
Regular

I supported Toymods

April 2005
Re: Drift on T.V. this weekend Sun, 28 August 2005 09:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
top work representing the ae86 crew Very Happy

crabby was simple awesome...and simon...like other's said, you were robbed...my boss isnt faintly interested in drifting, and he said "holy shit, what the hell is that blue thing running! its making shit out that 180"

anyway, good driving from all Smile

and my mate jimmah in the speedworks s13...hahahaha....such a geek Laughing
Skaney
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: Drift on T.V. this weekend Sun, 28 August 2005 09:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Was good to see on TV as I couldnt get down to Malalla that day either.

Loved seeing Simons car. Light blue + black 86's look tuff Smile
Indi
Regular

December 2004
Re: Drift on T.V. this weekend Sun, 28 August 2005 10:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well done to Leighton, Simon and Josh!

Are you guys all coming to Oran Park on 1 October? I think I can a feel a BBQ on my place coming on Wink
Simon-AE86
Forums Junkie

Banned user

July 2002

Re: Drift on T.V. this weekend Sun, 28 August 2005 10:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
indi. i hope to be there yes.
improvedae86
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Drift on T.V. this weekend Sun, 28 August 2005 10:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just finished watching it , recorded it to miss the crappy bits but was very surprised in the change to the SBS format Smile Much better than the events covered so far . Might get more people interested in the future with coverage like that .

As far as the vehicles , very surprised to see these mega horsepower big dollar supercar bias vehicles which are meant to have weights of under 1000kg looking as if they need to add some kind of ex f1 turn brake system to get them to turn in with any speed Shocked even the 180's sil's where getting stuck trying to drift behind such where the low corner entry speeds . How about adding so kind of supercar handling to them Rolling Eyes if there have this horsepower{lol} and weight that there meant to have they will spin the tyres in any gear , like a supercar does { maybe not the paul crash morris vehicle with the parts came from but still } . Funny watching the mega dollar motec dash bouncing about on that scary weak looking steering column and only showing a speed of 50ks in a corner . Must be vehicle speed not rear wheel speed . After having a hour to kill looking over that ute before the Melbourne event i couldn't work out the logic with having the diff lower than the wheel hub , and the suspension arms at inverse angles to the standard anti squat design of leading trailing arm irs ??? lost me as well as the driveshaft angle adding to the friction big time .

But looking at the level of the nissan vehicles now with good set ups , sponsors , tyres , drivers etc maybe the big $$$$ vehicles really will never dominate the sport .

As for the ae86 crew , what driving there with shortage of power Wink . As normal Simon is ripped off again Crying or Very Sad i guess he is getting used to that Rolling Eyes . Crabs your consistent driving without letting any pressure get to you mind fuck the others into a what looked like panic attacks to get away from that cornering speed .

Why are there glass still in both of those cars ?
Also since its seems to becoming a tyre manufacture war , why doesn't this forum pressure Yokohama via email to get into this contest behind these guys .
ndgcpr
Forums Junkie

April 2005
Re: Drift on T.V. this weekend Sun, 28 August 2005 10:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DAM IT. i forgot, i new there was something i had to do.... Oh well sounds like i missed a good one
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Drift on T.V. this weekend Sun, 28 August 2005 11:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Here are my HDTV Captures Cool :

http://img281.imageshack.us/img281/4239/sbshdsunday28august2005104pm5z.png

http://img264.imageshack.us/img264/982/sbsdigital1sunday28august20051.png

http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/982/sbsdigital1sunday28august20051.png

http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/2420/sbshdsunday28august2005104pm02.png

http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/1911/sbshdsunday28august2005104pm03.png

http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/3295/sbshdsunday28august2005104pm04.png

ENJOY Very Happy .

[Updated on: Sun, 28 August 2005 11:56]

Simon-AE86
Forums Junkie

Banned user

July 2002

Re: Drift on T.V. this weekend Sun, 28 August 2005 12:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
does anyone have the footage ripped to their HDD? share it with torretspy!
mumblezzz
Regular

June 2003
Re: Drift on T.V. this weekend Sun, 28 August 2005 12:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ahh winnar! Leg your a star champ. Too bad you blitzed your (read: Josh's) origin front bumper. Laughing but it was "hot" to see you give those nissans a flogging on national TV Wink

Also well done to Simon, you were kicking arse and taking names all weekend. The car looks wicked on the track.
thu187
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Drift on T.V. this weekend Sun, 28 August 2005 13:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Damn I missed it!

Does anyone know when the next even will be covered on SBS? Let us know with a post Very Happy
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Drift on T.V. this weekend Sun, 28 August 2005 13:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thu187 wrote on Sun, 28 August 2005 23:05

Damn I missed it!

Does anyone know when the next even will be covered on SBS? Let us know with a post Very Happy

Oran Park, October 1....not sure about the SBS coverage though.

[Updated on: Sun, 28 August 2005 13:11]

Rex_Kelway
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Drift on T.V. this weekend Sun, 28 August 2005 13:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CRAB and SIMON86 you both suck the tremendous wang!!!

Watch out for MR1GGTE, you will be beaten massively...
mumblezzz
Regular

June 2003
Re: Drift on T.V. this weekend Sun, 28 August 2005 13:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
...with his tiny wang.
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Drift on T.V. this weekend Sun, 28 August 2005 14:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
who is MR 1GGTE?

kingmick
Forums Junkie

Banned by his request

July 2002
Re: Drift on T.V. this weekend Sun, 28 August 2005 22:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
#Fiend# wrote on Sun, 28 August 2005 17:14

I enjoyed that immensely, great to see a toymods member doing really well.

I reckon it's hilarious to look at that guy's (Leighton Fine is it, correct me if I'm wrong) specs in the above thread after hearing all about that Monaro and it's 845 HORSEPOWER!!!! which he placed ahead of.

At least there is one form of production motorsport left in Australia not dominated by purpose built million dollar race engines.

As a side note, if that 7 litre corvette engine/v8 supercar hybrid makes 845hp how much do you reckon the nations cup Monaro has?. Did that drift monaro use a supercharger to make that power level?. I am only intersested because I'm sure Holden claimed the nations cup Monaro only makes less than 600hp but a lot of the competitors especially John Bowe said they reckoned it had heaps more.

an atmo 427 isnt making 845hp i can assure you.the monaro's 427 in bathurst trim where around the 620hp and 540 fp of torque.methanol 6 litre sprint motors make around the 720hp mark and cost around the $80k.
mick
p.s wish there was more people around with a spare $20k i want to do another 5.7litre conversion to 427. Laughing
cannonball
Forums Junkie

July 2004
Re: Drift on T.V. this weekend Sun, 28 August 2005 23:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Simon-AE86 wrote on Sun, 28 August 2005 22:06

does anyone have the footage ripped to their HDD? share it with torretspy!

What he said ^^^
Torrent me baby!!
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Drift on T.V. this weekend Sun, 28 August 2005 23:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
#Fiend# wrote on Sun, 28 August 2005 17:14

an atmo 427 isnt making 845hp i can assure you.the monaro's 427 in bathurst trim where around the 620hp and 540 fp of torque.methanol 6 litre sprint motors make around the 720hp mark and cost around the $80k.
mick
p.s wish there was more people around with a spare $20k i want to do another 5.7litre conversion to 427. Laughing

Where have you got your stated power figures from??
There was quite alot of argument about how much power the bathurst 427 manaro was actually making... It was romoured to be making alot more power than holden and the officials were claiming.

Not to mention that a supercar 5ltr v8 makes 600 odd hp it dosent add up that you couldnt make 800+ hp with 7ltrs... You also need to remember that v8 supercars have to run on 98ron fuel
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Drift on T.V. this weekend Sun, 28 August 2005 23:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes but you have to remember the 7.0L engine doesn't rev as high as the 5L's and its designed for a different style of racing ie, the 5L run a longest race of 1000km or about 6 and half to 7 hours. Vs 24hr for the 7L engine. Its not designed to be a nutty engine it just has t plod along and surf the torque advantage it has and not rev as hard.
The atmo 427 he is talking about is the one in Jeremy Lakes drift munro not the 24 hour/production car racer. It was built by paul morris motorsport and robbie bulger for the car running the manifold and head off Murph's 5L engine that won Bathurst last year.
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Drift on T.V. this weekend Sun, 28 August 2005 23:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes i understand that it didnt rev harder than a 5ltr but it dosent mean that it dosent make more than 600hp...
the v8 supercars also have a conservative rev limit of 7500rpm which was brought about to try and limit costs and prolong the life of engines between rebuilds

[Updated on: Sun, 28 August 2005 23:52]

Phrostbyte
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

April 2004
Re: Drift on T.V. this weekend Mon, 29 August 2005 00:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Need TV rip. Someone mustve recorded it... Even on VCR, then lend it to a friend that has a TV Tuner card... I'll be happy to host it if someone has it (Got a 25GB Bandwidth per month server on my hands now)...

I'm up in woop woop and the reception of SBS was something shocking. Didn't even get to see the entire first hour... only the last half...

Kev.
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Drift on T.V. this weekend Mon, 29 August 2005 00:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I only have the last 20 minutes of it recorded in HDTV, and thats 1.2 gig. I cant find a working program free or cr@#kd, that can convert (.dvr-ms)file format, you have to pay for them all and trials dont have enough features. Its a new XP Mediacenter format and very little programs are out for ripping dvr-ms. So if you can get a ripping program it would be appreciated Smile.
Phrostbyte
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

April 2004
Re: Drift on T.V. this weekend Mon, 29 August 2005 00:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pm'd with the program Wink
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Drift on T.V. this weekend Mon, 29 August 2005 01:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have the whole program on tape Wink i hae perfect reception on sbs as well, was taping it in my room and watching it on digital in the lounge room, fucking digital kept going spack and it sucked.
toyoda
Regular

November 2003
Re: Drift on T.V. this weekend Mon, 29 August 2005 01:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
some on upload already ! PLZ
SmellyTofu
Regular

May 2002
icon14.gif  Re: Drift on T.V. this weekend Mon, 29 August 2005 02:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It was a better coverage this time without it looking tacky.

Oh, and go the 86! Smile Great job and very very entertaining to watch.
StockAE86
Regular

July 2004
Re: Drift on T.V. this weekend Mon, 29 August 2005 03:41 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
toyoda wrote on Mon, 29 August 2005 11:53

someone upload already ! PLZ

Pretty pretty please!!!
Pages (2): [1  2  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:80's possibly early 90's turbo hiace
Next Topic:pikes peak peugeot 405....
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 13:45:17 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0079720020294189 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.