Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Interstate Cruises and Events » Victoria » Victoria (Melbourne and surrounding area)Celica Club garage

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
shelldrake
Regular

May 2005
Victoria (Melbourne and surrounding area)Celica Club garage Mon, 29 August 2005 06:33 Go to next message
Just thought I'd put it out there to start the victorian sector up. Would anyone be interested in hiring a factory/Garage used to store cars, wreck others to start a spares inventory, work on our own cars, hold meets?
I have seen other clubs do stuff like this. You'd pay a fee to cover rates and factory/garage hire. Commitee members elected and given keys to the place. Generall open every weekend. A commitee member must be present for all other opening times.
Depending on the success of this call out would determine a yearly cost. My estimate for a year if we have about 40-50 members is around the 120 mark. Probably bring your own tools, but I'll probably be looking for something quite big that could comfortably house around 25-30 cars. People who take up long term car space pay a little more. Specifics yet to be decided. What are your thoughts?
  Send a private message to this user    
Henn
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Victoria (Melbourne and surrounding area)Celica Club garage Mon, 29 August 2005 07:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I don't want to pour too much cold water on it, but I think you should check your figures. 20-25 cars undercover is a BIG shed, and $5-6000 a year isn't that much. Commercial/industrial rent seems to be much higher than residential. Plus overheads like power, water and maybe security. Check out a few places and see what the numbers end up at.

It would be a nice idea, especially for those guys who don't have anywhere suitable to work on their cars.

Hen
shelldrake
Regular

May 2005
Re: Victoria (Melbourne and surrounding area)Celica Club garage Mon, 29 August 2005 11:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maybe so, But I'm investigating the number of people interested first....But I do see your point. I was hoping to rope in a car nut with a factory who could offer a reduced rate for the cause. It'd probably be in a less expensive kinda area too. A little bit out of the way.
-NiCkeL-
Regular

February 2004

Re: Victoria (Melbourne and surrounding area)Celica Club garage Tue, 30 August 2005 07:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It sounds great, but i'd also look into it a heap further.

As Henn said, commerical places aren't cheap as my father has been looking for something similar without luck for a long time. We did look at a place a while ago that would have been perfect, it was only $5000 a year, but it was run down as all heck, and looked like an old junk yard, but had a huge garage.

Look around, I'd be interested..
shelldrake
Regular

May 2005
Re: Victoria (Melbourne and surrounding area)Celica Club garage Tue, 30 August 2005 08:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well something like that would've been perfect. But something may come up. I'll give you a ring tonite too andrew. Thanks mate.
BAD_22
Regular

June 2005
Re: Victoria (Melbourne and surrounding area)Celica Club garage Wed, 31 August 2005 09:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm very interested in something like this eddie. good to see you put to action what we talked about. I'll help in anyway I can too. Good way of getting the girlfriends and parents off our backs too by not working on the car at home.

Dont forget that we would have to pay a bond also and the people included in this must be trustwhorthy etc.
shelldrake
Regular

May 2005
Re: Victoria (Melbourne and surrounding area)Celica Club garage Wed, 31 August 2005 10:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
agreed. That's why I thought a base commitee would be good. But yeah I know. We'd have a register of every person who wants access and then they would sign in when using the facilities. But we'll work out the minors when I work out the majors. Wink
BAD_22
Regular

June 2005
Re: Victoria (Melbourne and surrounding area)Celica Club garage Wed, 31 August 2005 13:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
imagine we got one with a hoist Very Happy
BAD_22
Regular

June 2005
Re: Victoria (Melbourne and surrounding area)Celica Club garage Wed, 31 August 2005 13:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sorry, you were saying....the majors Rolling Eyes
-NiCkeL-
Regular

February 2004

Re: Victoria (Melbourne and surrounding area)Celica Club garage Thu, 01 September 2005 23:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A hoist would be manditory, you can buy them fairly cheap...I think when I was thinking about buying one, you could score them for about $2000.

An engine hoist and all that would be the best, as that is what that place should be all about...doing everything that can't be done at home.

Look forward to hearing more..
wombat
Regular

July 2003
Re: Victoria (Melbourne and surrounding area)Celica Club garage Thu, 01 September 2005 23:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
good idea.
me and my bro went looking for one around us (laverton) a while back so we could have a Grumpy Racing garage. but the down side we found was that with the cost of rent and such, you'd basically have to run some sort of business to afford it.
so in the end we decided against it, we still look around, but nothing reasonable has ever come up, plus we have a 4 car garage and 4 car carport at home, engine hoist car stand engine stands, the works. except we at got a car hoist yet. by the way the car hoist you can pick up second had front he trading post for about $500 for a 2 post, and about $1,000 for a 4 post, that's average price, I have seen cheaper on both.

anyway keep looking you may just find a place that suits your idea.
shelldrake
Regular

May 2005
Re: Victoria (Melbourne and surrounding area)Celica Club garage Fri, 02 September 2005 01:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for your support. Will have a few options up soon...Spread the word about this and it may be feasable!!!
Fattony
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Victoria (Melbourne and surrounding area)Celica Club garage Thu, 20 October 2005 00:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i find the forklift at my factory is a very good multipurpose tool, u can lift cars and motors out with it
shelldrake
Regular

May 2005
Re: Victoria (Melbourne and surrounding area)Celica Club garage Thu, 20 October 2005 01:06 Go to previous message
Yeah - This idea has sort of been put on hold for a while. But hey, if anyone see's anything that would be suitable, feel free to put it in this thread.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:super sprint at sandown
Next Topic:Spring 200
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 18:06:28 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.005850076675415 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.