Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » Warning to all ACT drivers!! (Pics now up)

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
120ymania
Occasional Poster

November 2004
icon4.gif  Warning to all ACT drivers!! (Pics now up) Mon, 29 August 2005 10:39 Go to next message
Hey all,

Well i haven't being on these forums for long but i will introduce myself anyways. My name is Aaron and i own a White Datsun 120y powered by a 4AGZE, with some minor mods, engine wise. I love my car and it was ruined on Saturday night coz of some punks.

Well to fill you's in on what happened here it is. Saturday night, i went out for a mates b'day to Go-Karting at Hume, and after leaving at 9pm, heading home minding my own business on the Munaro Hwy about 1 km from the hindmarsh cross over heading towards fyshwich, i struck a Tree stumb, about 1 metre in diameter and almost i metre tall that was placed in the middle of the Left lane of the hwy. I struck it at 100km/h, and didn't see it as it was dark and had no time to even brake.

My engine died straight away and i pulled over to the side of the road. Me and my mate go out to inspect the damage. Luckiely the tree stumb did not follow through under the car, instead it shot over across the road into the middle of the hwy after the impact. After being outside of my car for less than 1 minute a commodore station wagon struck something in the right lane about 200m back from where i was pulled over. and he came to a grinding halt behind me.

To cut a long story short, the police where called and it turns out that for the last 3 weeks a person/people have been putting objects on the road at night, in both lane next to each other with the intention to cause damage as you can't see the nor sworve to avoid them, and there have bein a few other accidents along there lately.

Well my car is stuffed. After pulling it apart on the 26/12/2004 to start the conversion and spending 8 months building it and to have it registered and driving my baby for 1 months and 2 weeks, and for it all to be ruined by some punks.

The tree stumb, missed my intercooler, put my radiator into my engine, smashed the Crank pulley, smashed the alloy oil pump and other housing behing the crank, not to mention the sump, most likely ruined the engine, kinked my drivers side chassis rail in two spots, and compressed my passenger side rail in 1 spot, pushed the engine back a little bit and bent a radius rod. That is all i can see at the moment as i ahven't got the engine out yet. it's all fixable but after spendin abit over 10k and 8 months of my time everynight in the shed building it i don't know if i can bare to fix it. It just breaks my heart to destroy it like that, i wish i could claim responibility, by saying that
i crashed it by doing something stupid, but instead i'll be wondering, who and where i can find them punks.

I was hoping to come out to some of the canberra cruises coming up to meet the CCG and toymod people to show them my pride and joy but that is now done the drain.

So this is a warning to all that drive along the Munaro Hwy between fyshwich and hume, watch out for objects on the road and if you see someone putting them there, pull over and take a bat to them for me as my baby may be put to slept as of cost of repairs coz i have no insurance.

If any1 wants to know any more info, or has any for me, just ask/tell.

Thanks

Aaron

Pics below:

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b82/120ymania/6.jpg
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b82/120ymania/5.jpg
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b82/120ymania/4.jpg
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b82/120ymania/3.jpg
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b82/120ymania/2.jpg
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b82/120ymania/1.jpg

[Updated on: Tue, 30 August 2005 12:27]

Send a private message to this user    
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Warning to all ACT drivers!! Mon, 29 August 2005 10:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if anyone sees those punk putting that stuff on the road, please make sure you swerve to hit them.
Benjamin
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: Warning to all ACT drivers!! Mon, 29 August 2005 10:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That sucks. I hate dicks like this that have no respect for other people. They could kill somebody doing that.

Hopefully they get caught.
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Warning to all ACT drivers!! Mon, 29 August 2005 11:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
damn man that blows, I was only talking to you about it for the first time a week ago, and now its gone, all that hard work, although I know what its like man, i had a simliar thing happen to me in my old mr2, with the chick though.

get J and the others to keep an eye out on the hiways as they often cruise it with their jobs.
120ymania
Occasional Poster

November 2004
Re: Warning to all ACT drivers!! Mon, 29 August 2005 11:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well im luckly i didn't hit the stump with one of my wheels as, i would of definatly flipped the thing over and most likely be injured pretty good.
BlackGT4
Regular

February 2005
Re: Warning to all ACT drivers!! Mon, 29 August 2005 11:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ffs who the hell does this sort of thing. they need to be shot.
No No No
ToyCam
Regular

April 2003
Re: Warning to all ACT drivers!! Mon, 29 August 2005 11:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
damn man, that sucks. was really looking forward for a ride and going for a fang up the cotter with you Sad
Its always being done though, i've pulled tons of trolleys, branches and rocks off the road, in only 4yrs of driving...
Dust
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: Warning to all ACT drivers!! Tue, 30 August 2005 00:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tree stump, 1 metre high and a metre round, where the hell would they find something like this and if its kids then its probably few of em to move that stump.

I feel for you, poor datto.
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Warning to all ACT drivers!! Tue, 30 August 2005 00:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry to hear that Aaron, a real shame to have all your hard work given a huge set back by some thoughtless and irresponsible dipshit Mad

My money says that the f$%ktard (or tardS) that put the shit on the raod hang around to watch the carnage from a safe spot. Hopefully someone catches them before they do more damage or even injure or kill someone!

Best of luck getting your car back on the road mate.
Squid
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: Warning to all ACT drivers!! Tue, 30 August 2005 01:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That is seriously fucked up!!

Stakeout this saturday night?
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Warning to all ACT drivers!! Tue, 30 August 2005 01:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That is a very low act by a brain dead fucktard. I hope that either someone that is effected catches up with them or the cops very soon. I'd prefer the first one and then a generous cop that covers said actions and pretends they never happened.

Ppl that do that kinda shit have no respect for human life and don't deserve to live imo. In my area over the past couple of years there have been so many incidents of rock throwers seriously injury and in some circumstances killing parties involved most notably the woolworths truck driver.
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Warning to all ACT drivers!! Tue, 30 August 2005 01:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No No No

All I have to say.
Flying Spagetti Monster
Newcomer

August 2005
Re: Warning to all ACT drivers!! Tue, 30 August 2005 03:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I hate for my first post to be a stir, and I do understand your loss, Aaron, but...

Can you categoricaly state that your car was not Russell Battison's old car?
Can you categorically state that you have not over-estimated the size of the piece of wood on the road?

ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Warning to all ACT drivers!! Tue, 30 August 2005 04:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Spaghetti not spagetti

Quote:

Can you categoricaly state.........

Are you a prosecuter for the D.A.?

Who cares if the size of the wood estimate is wrong, it must have been fuggen big to do that sort of damage!

Don't want to get into your other comment as I know nothing about you guys, but you sound like a jaded ex lover Laughing
Flying Spagetti Monster
Newcomer

August 2005
Re: Warning to all ACT drivers!! Tue, 30 August 2005 04:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry, but the initial post had my "not quite right" meter hard up against the stops...

Cars bend easy, especially old Jappo cars.

How did "punks" get several hundred kilograms of tree onto the road?
How did the laws of kinetic energy and/or momentum work when hit by a similar mass of Datsun?

I guess I'm just in a bit of a myth-busters kind of mood today.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Warning to all ACT drivers!! Tue, 30 August 2005 05:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tow a rope round it and attach to a car drag it out undo rope drive car away to safe location and then watch said accident myth plausible Laughing
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Warning to all ACT drivers!! Tue, 30 August 2005 05:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Whether he exaggerated slightly or not is irrelevant.

What is relevant is his car is potentially destroyed forever because of some punks who dragged something onto the road.

(through whatever means)

No No No
Flying Spagetti Monster
Newcomer

August 2005
Re: Warning to all ACT drivers!! Tue, 30 August 2005 05:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Merudo wrote on Tue, 30 August 2005 15:03

Whether he exaggerated slightly or not is irrelevant.

What is relevant is his car is potentially destroyed forever because of some punks who dragged something onto the road.

Possible, but unlikely. Imagine it happening - this is a busy road, totally flat, dead straight, heavily policed and in a 100kph zone.
If YOU had the destructive intent, would you choose that bit of road?

Don't get me wrong, I know how angry he must be that his car is broken, but the story is simply lacking in credibility for me.
I'm just trying to get the real story.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Warning to all ACT drivers!! Tue, 30 August 2005 05:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cos they know a car will come along it, second they dropped a fuckign boulder onto the truck on the Hume Highway to kill him hmmm relatively straight piece of road, 110kmph, heavily policed hmmmm your argument means jack.
Doing in it on a major road makes a bit of sense, you know a cars gonna hit it ie won't be standing round for to long to watch, be its pretty easy to get the fuck out of there once it happens, c its easy to get to and from ie these guys are generally lazy fucks so they go and do it on the closest major road.
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Warning to all ACT drivers!! Tue, 30 August 2005 05:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Flying Spagetti Monster wrote on Tue, 30 August 2005 15:14

Don't get me wrong,

Too late.
Flying Spagetti Monster
Newcomer

August 2005
Re: Warning to all ACT drivers!! Tue, 30 August 2005 05:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142 wrote on Tue, 30 August 2005 15:23

Cos they know a car will come along it, second they dropped a fuckign boulder onto the truck on the Hume Highway to kill him hmmm relatively straight piece of road, 110kmph, heavily policed hmmmm your argument means jack.

I disagree. That was a group of dead-beat kids near a heavily populated area, with an easy and ideal "launching pad".

This area is basically among open paddocks, and miles away from any houses. What's a copper going to do if he watches half a dozen kids rolling a 1m by 1m lump of timber along the road? How long does it take to roll a chunk of timber that size several kilometres? Where do you get a chunk of timber that size?
When he says it was a "stumb" (I assume he means "stump"), did it have roots coming out of it?

I'm not saying it didn't happen, but I am saying it didn't happen as stated.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Warning to all ACT drivers!! Tue, 30 August 2005 05:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
as i said befor no rolling needed, ever heard of a trailer or maybe they just dragged it along the road with a car, better yet on freeways in NSW there is generally trees dividing them, generally couple may have fallen over in the wind so the process would be drive to desserted spot on freeway find lump of wood, tow onto road, watch said victim hit it, run off whilst trying to qualm there sick giggling.
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Warning to all ACT drivers!! Tue, 30 August 2005 05:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Damn i feel for you, lets hope you can restore the car to its former glory Smile.
Squid
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: Warning to all ACT drivers!! Tue, 30 August 2005 05:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The location he described is walking distance from both narrabundah and queanbeyan. No shortage of dead shits in either!

Apologies to anyone living in narrabundah or queanbeyan.
Flying Spagetti Monster
Newcomer

August 2005
Re: Warning to all ACT drivers!! Tue, 30 August 2005 06:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142 wrote on Tue, 30 August 2005 15:56

as i said befor no rolling needed, ever heard of a trailer or maybe they just dragged it along the road with a car, better yet on freeways in NSW there is generally trees dividing them, generally couple may have fallen over in the wind so the process would be drive to desserted spot on freeway find lump of wood, tow onto road, watch said victim hit it, run off whilst trying to qualm there sick giggling.

No trees in this spot.
Why bother dragging it to a more open, better lit, more exposed and straighter piece of road?

Squid, have you ever tried walking to either Narrabundah or Queanbeyan? It might only take a few minutes in a car, but it is a very long walk!

And I'm still interested to hear if it was Bato's old car - damn shame if it was.

[Updated on: Tue, 30 August 2005 06:03]

Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Warning to all ACT drivers!! Tue, 30 August 2005 06:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
they were scared of the dark Razz
They wanted to video it, (never know how stupid they are ie this evidence will hang them if they get caught).
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Warning to all ACT drivers!! Tue, 30 August 2005 06:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

Apologies to anyone living in narrabundah or queanbeyan.

Laughing Laughing Shazza is gunna smash youse for baggin out queenbeeyan mate Laughing

Quote:

No trees in this spot.

Not any more! They cut them down and put them on the road for cars to smash into Smile

Quote:

Why bother dragging it to a more open, better lit, more exposed and straighter piece of road?

Easier for them to watch from a safe distance.

Quote:

the police where called and it turns out that for the last 3 weeks a person/people have been putting objects on the road at night, in both lane next to each other with the intention to cause damage

If the cops have had this happening regularly I doubt this guy is making the whole thing up.

His story is most likely accurate, who cares if the size of the stump is incorrect or if it had roots on it Razz

Squid
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: Warning to all ACT drivers!! Tue, 30 August 2005 06:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://maps.google.com/maps?q=canberra&ll=-35. 350433,149.164531&spn=0.014615,0.030129&t= k&hl=en

Here is a map of the described area. Im not sure what they are called where you are from, but im pretty sure all those green things are trees.
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Warning to all ACT drivers!! Tue, 30 August 2005 06:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You can see Tralee Raceway on that pic, hehehe good times were had on there some nights after it was shut down Wink
Squid
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: Warning to all ACT drivers!! Tue, 30 August 2005 06:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Also the 10 kilometers or so between bundah and queanbeyan is quite achieveable for a reasonably active person. Probably some 17-19 year olds walking from queanbeyan into kingston. (I assume they are leaving qbn, why the hell would you go there as your destination?)

We used to do this from florey to the city. load up with a few pre mixed drinks (2l of vodka oj), leave at about 9:30-10:00 and be in town for midnight(ish).

edit: 'myth' plausible! Razz

[Updated on: Tue, 30 August 2005 06:28]

120ymania
Occasional Poster

November 2004
Re: Warning to all ACT drivers!! Tue, 30 August 2005 10:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey all,

thankyou for all of you guys for your support, and to clear up some doubt i have photo's of before, what i hit and some of what it did. Also for "Flying Spagetti monster" this will explain some to you:

It was Russell Battisson's old 120y. But i brought it of him in the start of 2004 as a bog stock 120y as he took the engine out to use in his sprinter, and pulled everything else out and keep it in the corner of his workshop. In november of 2004 i located another engine for it and brought back engine mounts, diff etc and other stuff of russell to make it all go back in. he helped me along the way to transform it back to kinda how he had it, but we changed some stuff as things didn't work out. So to clear that up it was his car but i rebuilt it over 8 months with his help as i know him quite well and if you talk to him he will confirm.

Aaron

edit: the pics wiuoll be up shortly in my first post after i resize them as there too big.

[Updated on: Tue, 30 August 2005 10:57]

120ymania
Occasional Poster

November 2004
Re: Warning to all ACT drivers!! Tue, 30 August 2005 11:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Can any1 host photo's for me??

Aaron
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Warning to all ACT drivers!! Tue, 30 August 2005 11:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
host them at www.imageshack.us
120ymania
Occasional Poster

November 2004
Re: Warning to all ACT drivers!! (Pics now up) Tue, 30 August 2005 12:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pic's now up in my first post.

Aaron
4DaDrift
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Warning to all ACT drivers!! (Pics now up) Tue, 30 August 2005 13:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
me's thinks it's tiem for a good ol stakeout in camo
remember the temp tattoo ink so the public know who these pll are and what they do Smile
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Warning to all ACT drivers!! (Pics now up) Wed, 31 August 2005 09:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats fucked up dude i love those little cars !

I hope u can get iot back on road without it costing too much !
Squid
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: Warning to all ACT drivers!! (Pics now up) Mon, 05 September 2005 02:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That is some nasty damage!!! really sucks!

I notice also no posts from FSM since the picture which corroborates your story.
adrian_chrome
Newcomer

September 2005
Re: Warning to all ACT drivers!! (Pics now up) Mon, 05 September 2005 05:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i can feel your pain, genuinely too. i ran into a rock in the middle of the right hand lane on the park way just after the hindmarsh drive exit ramp heading north bound. i hit the rock at about 100km/h at 00:20 on the 11th of June. this just happened to be the fire cracker long weekend as well.

this rock was so heavy that nor myself or my brother could roll this rock when it was on the ground. i hit the rock about 50 meters up from the initial point of impact. i drove over the top of it. one of the pics shows my rear axle bent. i've been told the rock is still there on the right hand side on the grass.

i was lucky to come out of it with nothing but a sore neck and no car. thankfully i had full comprehensive insurance. the car was obviously a write off.

http://www.gabnation.com/albums/2005/therock/IMG_1090.JPG
http://www.gabnation.com/albums/2005/therock/IMG_1088.JPG
http://www.gabnation.com/albums/2005/therock/IMG_1085.JPG
http://www.gabnation.com/albums/2005/therock/IMG_1117.JPG
http://www.gabnation.com/albums/2005/therock/IMG_1120.JPG
http://www.gabnation.com/albums/2005/therock/IMG_1129.JPG
http://www.gabnation.com/albums/2005/therock/IMG_1098.JPG
http://www.gabnation.com/albums/2005/therock/IMG_1112.JPG
zasa
Regular

October 2004

Re: Warning to all ACT drivers!! (Pics now up) Mon, 05 September 2005 07:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wtf is wrong with people? Confused

You're very lucky to get out of that with only minor injuries.

[Updated on: Mon, 05 September 2005 07:32]

shezza
Regular

March 2005
Re: Warning to all ACT drivers!! (Pics now up) Mon, 05 September 2005 07:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Fuck, what assholes Mad
Security in mental asylems r just not strong enough these days!
I hope they get caught
Are the cops gonna call u if they get caught?
ToyCam
Regular

April 2003
Re: Warning to all ACT drivers!! (Pics now up) Mon, 05 September 2005 08:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shezza wrote on Mon, 05 September 2005 17:54

I doubt it Sad even if they catch some people in the act of doing it, i reckon they wouldn't have enough evidence to pin previous stuff on them
120ymania
Occasional Poster

November 2004
Re: Warning to all ACT drivers!! (Pics now up) Mon, 05 September 2005 10:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Damn man,

i feel your pain, luckly enough what i hit didn't follow under the car, instead i send it flying off. It made a nice mess of your car dude. Lucky for you that you have full comp insurance as im in the situation of no insurance, i guess it was just luckly that it was a tree stump and not another car.

Aaron
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Warning to all ACT drivers!! (Pics now up) Mon, 05 September 2005 10:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ToyCam wrote on Mon, 05 September 2005 18:53

shezza wrote on Mon, 05 September 2005 17:54

I doubt it Sad even if they catch some people in the act of doing it, i reckon they wouldn't have enough evidence to pin previous stuff on them

i dont think that would be the case if some1 got killed sounds like its just a matter of time happened here in sydney near berowra on the f3 where people were throwing big rocks off an overpass and killed a truck driver
shezza
Regular

March 2005
Re: Warning to all ACT drivers!! (Pics now up) Mon, 05 September 2005 11:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If they catch them bribe the cops for their home addresses. I will chuck in $10 to the cause Wink
TE72_Turbo
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Warning to all ACT drivers!! (Pics now up) Mon, 05 September 2005 12:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

How did "punks" get several hundred kilograms of tree onto the road?
How did the laws of kinetic energy and/or momentum work when hit by a similar mass of Datsun?

I guess I'm just in a bit of a myth-busters kind of mood today.

Not hard to slide off the back of a ute, I know it sounds like a lot of effort for a stupid prank, but there's some pretty mentally deranged yobbos out there Confused Might be the best fun they've had since getting off the couch on the front lawn surrounded by empty tinnies Laughing

Laws of kinetic energy and previous owners aside, that really sucks that 120Ymania's car got written off for some fu(kstain's entertainment. I can back up the story of placed obstacles on the Monaro highway, northbound, near the gap at the end of Jerrabomberra avenue. At around 11:30pm on a saturday night there were two large logs placed, one in each lane. A guy was already pulled over removing one of them from the left lane, I avoided the other by using the shoulder of the right lane.

About that big rock too, just a few weeks ago heading to sydney during the day, a similarly sized chunk of earth exited the back of a B-double truck in the lane next to me. Scared the bejeezus outta me as it rolled down the highway in front of my car before careering off into the guardrail Shocked
adrian_chrome
Newcomer

September 2005
Re: Warning to all ACT drivers!! (Pics now up) Mon, 05 September 2005 23:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if you look closely at the last picture at the bottom, a few things are a bit wrong:

- the engine is on an angle and has been pushed back on the left side about 10 - 15cm.

- the brake fluid lid has popped off and the fluid and other fluids have gone every where (look around the head and inlet)

- the pipe from the air box to the inlet has been crumpled

- the firewall has been crumpled. check out the silver compliance plate. that used to be flat.

- the window is smashed

- the cam belt cover has popped off.

i can still vividly remember the crunching sound of the metal.

the front left hand fender pushed back over the front driver door, far enough that i could not open the front door more than 20 cm.

the rear wheels had a massive amount of camber but the wrong way kind of camber cause the rear axle was bent up in the middle.

ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Warning to all ACT drivers!! (Pics now up) Tue, 06 September 2005 00:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thats a lot of bad luck! Thats just from two guys that have posted on the forum too.

Regarding the rock, is there any chance that rock broke away from the rock face/steep embankment on the Parkway and rolled onto the road (I am aware that it has happened before in that spot). If so I think the Government should be making some efforts to put a retaining wall along that section to prevent further incidents.

It took a 3 car accident on the Lake George section of the Hwy before they put up a wall there Rolling Eyes
adrian_chrome
Newcomer

September 2005
Re: Warning to all ACT drivers!! (Pics now up) Tue, 06 September 2005 01:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no chance.

where the point of impact was, there is a concrete curb to stop rocks rolling on to the road. there is no way a rock of that size and weight, could of roll over the curb, and roll that far to land exactly in the middle of the land. well that's my oppinion. we, the police and my bro even looked at the face to see if anything was missing but to no avail and the rock looked like a different type of rock to that was on the embankment.

it either fell off the back of the truck (not sure why was i the first person to hit it thought at 00:20 on a sat early morning. maybe the truck was doing a late night job? )

or

some kids put it there (coincides with the june / cracker long weekend, there were also some people playing with the emergency phones along the park way just up from where the car stopped.)

i don't have any opinion on which of the two ocurred. for me it's in the past and apart from the sore neck i came out in front. i've still got my life and i got a much better car. the insurance company paid out more than what i paid for the car 4 years ago. gotta love agreed value insurance.
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Warning to all ACT drivers!! (Pics now up) Tue, 06 September 2005 01:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

no chance.

where the point of impact was, there is a concrete curb to stop rocks rolling on to the road. there is no way a rock of that size and weight, could of roll over the curb, and roll that far to land exactly in the middle of the land. well that's my oppinion. we, the police and my bro even looked at the face to see if anything was missing but to no avail and the rock looked like a different type of rock to that was on the embankment.

No probs. Sad to know that people would either purposely put it there or are dumb enough not to secure their load. There are some dumb pricks around though.

Quote:

not sure why was i the first person to hit it thought at 00:20 on a sat early morning

It is Canberra, full of slack jawed complacent dorks. I wouldn't be surprised if a few people drove around it before you hit it.

[Updated on: Tue, 06 September 2005 01:14]

adrian_chrome
Newcomer

September 2005
Re: Warning to all ACT drivers!! (Pics now up) Tue, 06 September 2005 01:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i couldnt swerve to miss it cause there was two cars next to me in the left hand lane because i was passing them cause they were doing 90km/h. they stopped to see if i was ok.

even if they weren't there, i think the swerving to miss it would of been a real bad idea at 100km/h in a little car.

at that time of night you can only see as far as your light which is only 20m or so? by the time i new what it was i didn't even have time to break or even say "oh shi...."

i just remember thinking oh no it's the roo all over again. ( i hit a roo exactly 1 year and 1 week ago to when i hit the rock, but that's another story)
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Warning to all ACT drivers!! (Pics now up) Tue, 06 September 2005 01:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

( i hit a roo exactly 1 year and 1 week ago to when i hit the rock, but that's another story)

I hope you bought a lift kitted 4WD with luck like that Wink
adrian_chrome
Newcomer

September 2005
Re: Warning to all ACT drivers!! (Pics now up) Tue, 06 September 2005 01:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
some pics or the roo incident:

http://www.gabnation.com/albums/hitaroo//01_794_9445.JPG
http://www.gabnation.com/albums/hitaroo//11_794_9466.JPG
http://www.gabnation.com/albums/hitaroo//10_794_9458.JPG

the last one is from the idiot behind me who couldn't stop in time.

just before the rock incident i also had the work car park boom gate attack my roof and give me a new white speed stripe. this is the right side of the roof"

http://www.gabnation.com/misc/carscratch2.JPG
http://www.gabnation.com/misc/carscratch1.JPG

i havent had the best run with cars... people tell me the starlet was doomed. i switched to a ford focus.
KYOTO
Regular

April 2004
Re: Warning to all ACT drivers!! (Pics now up) Tue, 06 September 2005 01:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This ranks in terms of stupidity with those dicks that chucked a bluestone off a Freeway overpass onto a truck and killed the drivers. Not much condolence but at least your mentally stable, unlike the morons who are doing this.

They make a good case for a retrospective abortion. Fuckers.
120ymania
Occasional Poster

November 2004
Re: Warning to all ACT drivers!! (Pics now up) Tue, 06 September 2005 02:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TE72 Turbo - was that this saturday gone? coz me and 2 mates went out for a look bout 10.30 till bout 11pm but didn't see anything, now i wish that i stayed a lil longer.

Well im glad people actually think about getting stuff off the road, good on the bloke that you seen getting the stuff off the road.

Aaron
TE72_Turbo
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Warning to all ACT drivers!! (Pics now up) Tue, 06 September 2005 08:46 Go to previous message
no mine happened over 12 months ago, highlighting the fact that deadshits don't get bored of the same stupid (dangerous) antics Mad
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:OMG WHAT A TOOL
Next Topic:Import Bitz
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 01:30:28 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.008976936340332 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.