Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » Recomended Brisbane tuners?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
KiRK
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Recomended Brisbane tuners? Wed, 31 August 2005 11:43 Go to next message
Who can recomend a good tuner and installer in Brisbane for aftermarket ecu's?

Just curious to find out what people have running the 1G conversions when it comes to aftermarket ecu's?

How much for the unit installed... ect...

and if anybody has anyone in the Brisbane area they would recomend for the job?

Cheers,
Kirk

[Updated on: Thu, 01 September 2005 03:48]

Send a private message to this user    
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Recomended aftermarket ecu for 1GGTE Thu, 01 September 2005 00:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I don't currently have it, but I'm planning on a Microtech LT10S, running wasted spark ignition and 7MGTE injectors. Decent bang for buck, and some extra outputs for me to utilise. I couldn't see the value in it for me going the whole hog with LT12S.
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Recomended aftermarket ecu for 1GGTE Thu, 01 September 2005 00:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
anything will do really depends on your budget tho if you have about 3-4k go for an autronic...

Otherwise microtech wolf haltech will do the job fine

edit: i can say from experince that the wolf 3d ver 4 is quite a good ecu came with everything that it needs to run only thing is sometimes the cas or dizzy signal gets scrambled so you either need to modify the dizy or get a little black box from wolf which i think costs 70 buks.. The hand controller is also a very nice unit and has some usefull things built in like pin code security it also has a big support base thanks to rotor community

[Updated on: Thu, 01 September 2005 00:36]

KiRK
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Recomended aftermarket ecu for 1GGTE Thu, 01 September 2005 02:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for the advice guys... I'm looking more around the 1500 - 2500k mark budget wise.

Will look into the Wolf 3D or Microtech.

Cheers,
Kirk
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Recomended aftermarket ecu for 1GGTE Thu, 01 September 2005 02:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
for 2.5k installed + tuned is realistic you will get a base wolf 3d ver 4 $1100 and then add $1200 for install and tuning...
If you want more outputs you will need to go for the ver4 plus which is 200-300 buks more....

I dont know what microtech offers but im 100% sure they will have something in that price range...

But i think it is easier and sometimes cheaper to find a tuner first then work with him as to what ecu you choose as they will be familar with a particular ecu type especially if they are an authorised dealer... This way you should expect a pretty trouble free install....

ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Recomended aftermarket ecu for 1GGTE Thu, 01 September 2005 02:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

But i think it is easier and sometimes cheaper to find a tuner first then work with him as to what ecu you choose as they will be familar with a particular ecu type especially if they are an authorised dealer... This way you should expect a pretty trouble free install....

Excellent advice.

As 4AGTE said most ECU's are quite capable and reliable these days. So finding a good tuner that you are confident with and using what they recommend will most likely give you a great end product.

Let the tuner know what you require eg. outputs, inputs (how many, what you require them to do etc), do you want data logging capabilities or are just happy to drive the thing etc etc. Talk to them about everything you want and any future things you may want.

KiRK
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Recomended aftermarket ecu for 1GGTE Thu, 01 September 2005 02:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks guys... much appreciated. Now all I have to do is find someone I can trust.

I have a feeling that will be the hard part.

Cheers
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Recomended aftermarket ecu for 1GGTE Thu, 01 September 2005 03:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kirk, just change the heading of this thread to "Recommended tuners in Brisbane for aftermarket ECU's"

That should get a few people giving you some decent info. Wink

Perhaps people might even PM you places not to go (do not post names of places not to go to, for obvious reasons).

[Updated on: Thu, 01 September 2005 03:09]

4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Recomended aftermarket ecu for 1GGTE Fri, 02 September 2005 00:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
free bump----
Tarkers
Regular

October 2004
Re: Recomended Brisbane tuners? Fri, 02 September 2005 00:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Im after a good tuner in brissy too for my starlet

[Updated on: Fri, 02 September 2005 00:53]

KiRK
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Recomended Brisbane tuners? Fri, 02 September 2005 01:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Going down to have a chat to the guys at "Custom Perfomance Wiring Sevices". They've been recomended to me by a few people.

http://www.cpws.com.au/

Smile
Tarkers
Regular

October 2004
Re: Recomended Brisbane tuners? Fri, 02 September 2005 01:51 Go to previous message
thanks mate
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Anyone know about this engine?
Next Topic:TITAN TUBE CHASIS SUPRA RUNS 6.44 @ 218
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 05:57:29 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0044419765472412 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.