Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

InitialPSP Thu, 01 September 2005 11:21 Go to next message
Haha now you can download Initial D to your PSP.
http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=getfile&id=14551

http://www.p-tv.jp/movie/detail/d0101020010.html
  Send a private message to this user    
mc68
Regular

I supported Toymods

April 2005
Re: InitialPSP Thu, 01 September 2005 11:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wish i had an extra 400 bucks laying around Sad

does it have GT4?
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: InitialPSP Thu, 01 September 2005 12:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It will soon!
http://www.gamesmarket.com.au/details.php?ProdID=7 280
hamgatan
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: InitialPSP Fri, 02 September 2005 11:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PSP is teh win.

my best mate brought one back from Japan a month ago and ive played on it every night since he came back.. w00t! Smile

Love the firmware hacks to create a multiregion dvd (umd) scenario..
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
wtf is a jabber? a punch line?
Re: InitialPSP Fri, 02 September 2005 11:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think the wifi is pretty cool
hamgatan
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: InitialPSP Fri, 02 September 2005 15:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my other mate brought back ten dvd (umd's) worth of yummy jap pr0n.... w00t!! Very Happy
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: InitialPSP Sat, 03 September 2005 04:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Whats this firmware hack to create multiregion UMD's?
I assume you mean for video... AFAIK there is no region coding on the games.
Camry_omega
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: InitialPSP Sat, 03 September 2005 07:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'd want to wait untill there are hacks to make it more usefull. Im sorry but it seems kinda useless without a H/D unless you could get uber cheap UMD movies.
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: InitialPSP Sat, 03 September 2005 09:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What more hacks could you want?
They are pretty much sorted in the hacks dept right now... heck theres more homebrew out there than you can poke your pointer at!
sated
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: InitialPSP Sat, 03 September 2005 20:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If it doubled as functional PDA that of which - i also dont need, it would be tempting to get one.
hamgatan
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: InitialPSP Sun, 04 September 2005 01:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Toobs wrote on Sat, 03 September 2005 12:16

Whats this firmware hack to create multiregion UMD's?
I assume you mean for video... AFAIK there is no region coding on the games.

correct.. its a mod for the 1.1 firmware (dont update to version 2!), to allow you to play the multiregion umd movies..
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: InitialPSP Sun, 04 September 2005 01:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I didn't think there was a v1.1 firmware... only 1.0, 1.5, 1.51, 1.52 then 2.0
I've still got the v1.5 firmware on my JDM PSP.

Can you PM me a link for the "multiregion" hack???
hamgatan
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: InitialPSP Sun, 04 September 2005 01:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeap ill get the link from my mate in the other room when he wakes up.. hold up! Smile
dingaling
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: InitialPSP Tue, 06 September 2005 10:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have a 1.5 jap PSP. Fuck these local psp's! made in china with screens below par to the jap ones.

I just read that firmware 2 has been hacked.

Homebrew rocks! i have every Neo Geo CD game i can play on the PSP perfectly, the snes Emulator is now up to speed, atari ST emulator.

And i probably shouldn't mention this incase sony send men in black to my door, but a ton of PSP games can be dowloaded and played from the memory stick!

as for UMD region hack crap, just rip the DVD movie yourself and sue software like 3gp and wack it onto mem stick.

I have a spare 256MS going cheap if anyone is interested, i just upgraded to 2GB.
BlackGT4
Regular

February 2005
Re: InitialPSP Tue, 06 September 2005 11:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how long does the batteries last in these PSPs.
I wanna buy one, but not just yet. Better pay this credit card off a bit more, and maybe then.
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: InitialPSP Tue, 06 September 2005 12:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WAB just confirmed that their downgrader is going to work on v2.0 firmware as well as v1.51 and v1.52.
Might be a ploy from Sony to make everyone upgrade to v2.0 though so I wouldn't upgrade just yet.

the jap PSP is definately a few shades better than the chinese unit but then those who haven't seen a jap psp prob wouldn't know what they're missing nor care.
mynameisrodney
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: InitialPSP Tue, 06 September 2005 22:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackGT4 wrote on Tue, 06 September 2005 21:51

how long does the batteries last in these PSPs.
I wanna buy one, but not just yet. Better pay this credit card off a bit more, and maybe then.

psp battery life

i wasnt too impressed with the figures.
chris

[Updated on: Tue, 06 September 2005 22:06]

no_tofu_speed
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Jab what?!!?!
Re: InitialPSP Wed, 07 September 2005 01:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dingaling wrote on Tue, 06 September 2005 20:08

I have a 1.5 jap PSP. Fuck these local psp's! made in china with screens below par to the jap ones.

Besides where you buy it obviously, what are some key identifiers on the PSP which states if local or Jap?
Any disadvantage of a Jap PSP being used here?
dingaling
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: InitialPSP Wed, 07 September 2005 12:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Apparently theres 2 hacks about to come out, one from Wab and another from sargent007 that will downgrade the firmware.

I'm with you toobs, i'm not updating. and besides we can just use tenchi no mon browser for net surfing, it works fine.

Battery power sounds bad at around 3-5 hours, but in actual use it works out to be plenty!! it's when you compare to the DS that is looks bad, but it really isn't a problem.

no_tofu_speed: take the battery out and it will say where it's made in, the box has a serial number which can tell you what version it is too. But all Aus psp's are gauranteed to be the cheaper mass produced chinese ones, but i'm sure sony made sure there up to a high lvl of quality.

no disadvantages for having a jap PSP yet, it's in english, can play games from any country. But UMD video's may be region coded, i'm not sure.

And some games will make you update the firmware to play them. But then there is a hack from Wab that fakes the update so games will play, and your PSP is still free to play homebrew.
hamgatan
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: InitialPSP Wed, 07 September 2005 14:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
umd's are region coded. games are universal im quite sure.. yet to try an aussie game in ours..
db__
Regular

August 2004
Re: InitialPSP Sat, 10 September 2005 13:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dingaling wrote on Tue, 06 September 2005 20:08

I have a local PSP, it's made in Japan mate, not China. Comes with firmware version 1.52 installed, and 2.0 on the demo disc.
mc68
Regular

I supported Toymods

April 2005
Re: InitialPSP Sat, 10 September 2005 13:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Toobs wrote on Thu, 01 September 2005 20:30

It will soon!
http://www.gamesmarket.com.au/details.php?ProdID=7 280

thats it, im sold Very Happy
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: InitialPSP Sat, 10 September 2005 15:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
v1.52 firmware can't run homebrew as yet... v1.5 and v1.0 firmware can though.
I have seen chinese and japanese PSP's and the jap ones definately have a brighter screen, however, both of them have their dead pixel issues.
The main benifit of the Jap PSP's is that you can get them with v1.5 firmware and run homebrew / backups.
no_tofu_speed
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Jab what?!!?!
Re: InitialPSP Mon, 12 September 2005 08:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well I did some asking,
the japanese ones apparently have panasonic screens and the aussie ones have sony screens... and both are prone to dead pixels. Only have 12mnths waranty too.... dayum!
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: InitialPSP Mon, 12 September 2005 21:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ermm its actually Sharp screens for Japan and Samsung screens for China.
bathurst-91
Forums Junkie

April 2004

Re: InitialPSP Mon, 12 September 2005 22:22 Go to previous message
Ahh battery life.. The one thing holding the human race back from becoming walking talking connected freaks.

2hrs 50min for wifi play isnt too impressive.

If I did decide to get one, Id be getting atleast 3 extra batterys. How much are they anyway? (batterys)

Damnit, when will a breakthrough be made in the portable power department.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:New version of the Mac switch ads
Next Topic:Classy weddings
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 04:39:41 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.008141040802002 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.