Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

stupid sayings Fri, 02 September 2005 08:39 Go to next message
do stupid saying annoy the shit out of you also

"its always in the last place u look" well duh, cause once u find it u stop looking

"i'm not getting any younger", uh, yes, its called AGING

ect ect
  Send a private message to this user    
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: stupid sayings Fri, 02 September 2005 08:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My mother has this thing at the moment when she wants me to do something she asks "Shane, can you do something for me?". Shits me to tears. Fuckin bitch could just say what the fuck shes wants.
79rollaboy
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: stupid sayings Fri, 02 September 2005 08:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nah I beg to differ, If I find what I was looking for, I put it aside for a minute and continue looking for an hour or five until im satisfied, by that time I would have forgot what I was really looking for... And then have to start looking again... Thats the best one at work...

STUPID SAYING: LOL
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: stupid sayings Fri, 02 September 2005 08:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cool1 wrote on Fri, 02 September 2005 18:50

My mother has this thing at the moment when she wants me to do something she asks "Shane, can you do something for me?". Shits me to tears. Fuckin bitch could just say what the fuck shes wants.

just say no
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: stupid sayings Fri, 02 September 2005 09:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cool1 wrote on Fri, 02 September 2005 18:50

SHOW SOME RESPECT BIATCH
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: stupid sayings Fri, 02 September 2005 09:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A classic from my mum would be say playing the computer when supposed to be studying, she'd come in and say what are you doing, well clearly you can see i am playing the computer.
Or once again when you are looking for something her first reply will always be where was the last place you left it, a if i fuckin knew wheer it was i'd look there b i generally have already looked its not there therefore someone else generally her has shifted it.
187_20v
Regular

October 2004
Re: stupid sayings Fri, 02 September 2005 10:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
"go hard or go home "
my GOD!!!! did that bring me heaps of fun before
but now are days if i hear someone say that
i be like i'll go home
hehe
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: stupid sayings Sat, 03 September 2005 03:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
this guy i used to work with would say "i'm off like a robbers dog"
how many robbers have dogs ???? none that i'm aware of.

If somebody asks me a stupid question (parents) i give them a stupid answer.

if i'm on the computer and my mother asks what i'm doing i'll say "buying cocaine off ebay"
or something like that

after a while the stupid questions stop
mynameisrodney
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: stupid sayings Sat, 03 September 2005 03:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
stupid is as stupid does
EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: stupid sayings Sat, 03 September 2005 04:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Not really a saying, but it drives me up the wall in any case.

you talk to someone, and they say "what?" and half way through repeating yourself, they answer.

HGERUGHOUIBRFHGUJFBEIgahrbjwhhriuhrirtgbhngrel ARGH FFS!

as you can see, this annoys me.

Eldar.O.
#Fiend#
Regular

July 2005
Re: stupid sayings Sat, 03 September 2005 07:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Don't try the "just say no" on your mum, My mum used to say to me "would you like to wash and vacuum the car? for a dollar?" I would say "no" so she would say "then you can do it for free" and then force me to do it with threats of being grounded for 2 weeks.

My dad also uses all the typical "Dads joke" sayings(i.e. "i'm thirsty" responded to with "g'day thirsty, I'm Tony" etc) which can get veryannoying if you are not in the mood or are expecting a proper response.
bigg willie style
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: stupid sayings Sat, 03 September 2005 07:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
#Fiend# wrote on Sat, 03 September 2005 17:12

My dad also uses all the typical "Dads joke" sayings(i.e. "i'm thirsty" responded to with "g'day thirsty, I'm Tony" etc) which can get veryannoying if you are not in the mood or are expecting a proper response.

if i were him i would respond with "then get YOURSELF a fuckin drink"
Laughing jk/

i seriously know what you're talking about, my dad used to be chronic for those shitty annoying jokes. i dont mind much these days, but back when i was pubescent, it was quite the irritant.
mynameisrodney
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: stupid sayings Sat, 03 September 2005 07:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
me: i feel like a hamburger
dad: thats funny, you dont look like one
Razz
Farkurnell
Regular

February 2005

Re: stupid sayings Sat, 03 September 2005 07:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I guarantee you blokes will say the same inane things to your own kids one day.
I find myself saying things to my kids that my olds said to me. I shudder when I hear myself sometimes.

Cheers, Greg.
thu187
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: stupid sayings Sat, 03 September 2005 15:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
EldarO wrote on Sat, 03 September 2005 14:54

Not really a saying, but it drives me up the wall in any case.

you talk to someone, and they say "what?" and half way through repeating yourself, they answer.

HGERUGHOUIBRFHGUJFBEIgahrbjwhhriuhrirtgbhngrel ARGH FFS!

as you can see, this annoys me.

Eldar.O.

Don't you do that as well? Everyone does it. It's just a natural reaction.
You: Hey what time is it?
Me: What? Oh, it's 6 o'clock.

Maybe because it takes half a second for our brains to react. First we hear the voice and then register that the person is talking to us and then we take in what they said.
I don't know, generally people say what and then answer you pretty quick. It only annoys me when one of my friends does it becuase.. he.. talks .. like .. this.. and.. you.. just.. want.. to.. knock.. him.. out.. !
Laughing
Jorrs
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: stupid sayings Sat, 03 September 2005 15:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
um when u ask someone how long its gonna be till somethins ready or watever and they reply as long as a piece of string...
EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: stupid sayings Sat, 03 September 2005 15:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
^ my cousin does this chronically, its annoying.

and i dont say "What?" halfway through what they say, i either wait half a second after they said their shit till i respond, or i say What and let them repeat themselves in their entirety (sp?).

i also hate bog, which has nothing to do with this, but while we're on the subject of annoying things.

Eldar.O.
xolent
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: stupid sayings Sat, 03 September 2005 16:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
"some of the best things in life are free"

yeh i know... "you can't buy love", but I can buy a whole load of stuff that will make me even more happy than being in love Smile
pushrod_POWA
Regular

January 2005
Re: stupid sayings Sun, 04 September 2005 04:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
a saying that has always annoyed me is "You cant have ur cake and eat it to" like wtf are you going to do with cake if your not going to eat it? talk to it?
havabeer
Forums Junkie

July 2005
Re: stupid sayings Sun, 04 September 2005 05:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
working as a check out chick in an area thats pretty much a retirment village i cop alot of those "stupid sayings"

it'll be flat out busy 1000 people in the store and some old knob always bust's out the "keeping you busy" call.

or someone will come through register with a trolley and say "i only came in for 3 things" i hear that one about 30 times a day and its shits me.

neither of thsoe are really stupid sayings but i feel like having a bitch about the shitness of my job
#Fiend#
Regular

July 2005
Re: stupid sayings Sun, 04 September 2005 08:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What about the whole "your mum" thing that people were so big on a while back.

Examples: Me "this sucks"
idiot"your mum sucks"

Me:"lets go for a ride"
idiot:"your mum likes rides" and so on and so forth.

How annoying are people who think this is funny every 30 seconds

tricky
Regular

July 2005
Re: stupid sayings Sun, 04 September 2005 08:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A rather strange dude that goes to my uni also works at the caltex in fyshwick, and his usual making conversation saying to me is 'are you working today'... So I thinks, nup, I always wear these grubby shitty clothes and drive around my companies truck on my day off Rolling Eyes ...

Then one time he said 'you're wearing your horizon fitness shirt'. Yep. I know. I put it on this morning 'cos it's a work shirt, and I knew I was going to work today. Just struck me as the most peculiar, out of context statement I had ever heard.

And we all get the dad jokes...

the 'you don't look like a ... '
and the 'hello (thing you just stated you were)'
and the:

me: I'm fucking pissed off
dad: "why are you having sex with pissed off?"

As far as the yo mumma jokes are concerned, they were rarely funny in the first place, but there are some people I know that still have the "your mum's ..." reflex before they even think.
XiL3D
Regular

April 2003
Re: stupid sayings Sun, 04 September 2005 09:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
#Fiend# wrote on Sun, 04 September 2005 18:15

What about the whole "your mum" thing that people were so big on a while back.

Examples: Me "this sucks"
idiot"your mum sucks"

Me:"lets go for a ride"
idiot:"your mum likes rides" and so on and so forth.

How annoying are people who think this is funny every 30 seconds

i agree with this completely. me = check out chick.
the worst is when theres no one around and they see you standing there, come over and say 'cant leave you here doing nothing' or 'you look like you WANT something to do'
i think in my mind f*&% off you wanker i dont want to do anything lol
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: stupid sayings Sun, 04 September 2005 11:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ahahahaha thank god i don't do that anymore three and half years casual at k-mart mostly on checkouts, used to cop them so much.

One of my mums classics is I haven't sat down all day at the time she is usually sitting down having a cup of tea, we then name atleast five other occasions when she sat down that day.
Or its been a long day today usually with our lame response of every day is the same length of 24 hours. Smile
Malicia
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: stupid sayings Sun, 04 September 2005 18:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I also worked at k-mart as a check out chick for 3 years,
the one that would really shit me is when something scanned at the wrong price then the loser would always say in a bogan voice "Don't I get that for free now!" Yeah sure, here take this $300 TV that scanned at the non special price cos the computers weren't updated over night away for free.

Now the saying that shits me the most is when I ask someone to do something and they say "OK, Leave it with me"
soo many times I ask someone to do something like go to an alarm at this place or lock up these doors and they say "OK, Leave it with me" it never gets done..........
Hi-Ace
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

January 2005

Re: stupid sayings Sun, 04 September 2005 22:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Some old one's that my old man used,
"I'll jam my boot right up your a** if you don't get a move on"
as if it would fit.
at the dinner table or in the lounge room watching TV with ALL the family.
"Don't use that farken language in front of your mum" (she would be there with the 5 sisters.
One that annoys the crap out of me is, your watching a movie and the person your with keeps saying "did you see that"
I go to have blood test regularly and the nurse there says the same thing every time "Hi, how are you today, here for your blood test" sh*t I've only been going there for 5 years.
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: stupid sayings Mon, 05 September 2005 01:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Another crappy retail line is when you ask the customer who is paying with EFTPOS "Credit, Cheque or Savings?"

Then they say "Spendings hahahaha"

It's always 45+ year olds who say it and they all act like they are the first to say it Rolling Eyes

I am glad I am out of the retail industry, actually it wasn't too bad except for the customers Wink

The line I hate the most is when you have something in your eye that is farking hurting like hell and you are trying to get it out and someone says "what's wrong"

then you say "I have got something in my eye"

then they say "Your eyeball hahahaha"

Makes you feel like punching the unfunny tool in the face.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: stupid sayings Mon, 05 September 2005 01:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The other one would be when we knew we had theif's in the store we'd make sure we check everyones bag just to make sure and also so it doesn't look like we were singling them out.

Ppl would always argue that we could only look at their bags if they were bigger than a loaf of bread etc. I'd point to the sign on my register that said A condition of entry to the store was that we reserve the right to look in any bag or carrier, they quickly shutup.

The spendings joke was very annoying as was the incorrect price scan error. They would blab on about how they had read the retail rules and regs etc etc. I'd say thats nice but that policy is only for woolworths supermarkets we don't have it here. Then they'd say can we speak to a manager. I'd say go ahead but all you are doing is wasting your own time and the managers as he is gonna tell you the exact same thing i have.

Depending on the customer depends on how i put the above statement. For starters i had been there longer than all bar two managers and they weren't gonna deal with them anyway and in some cases had worked in retail longer as well.

Used to love price checks and ppl's inabilities to read tags depending on how annoying the customer was depended on how long i made them wait. Ie a nice customer you'll repeatedly ring up etc to check on the status annoying ones you just make them stand there.
trevtrev
Regular

October 2004
Re: stupid sayings Mon, 05 September 2005 02:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Q: Where's the ...(item)
A: Yes, it does, doesn't it. (I believe this started with soap, i.e. it wears the soap out, to use it.)

Wake up looking a bit seedy and my brother says, "Did you have trouble getting up yourself this morning?"

My revenge on my mum:
Mum: Stir the Casserole will you?
Trev: You dirty, no good casserole, you just sit there bubbling away... (I used that joke for about 12 years before she finally got it...)

If Brian jumped off the Story Bridge would you do it too?

Arrgghhh.
Ribfeast
Forums Junkie

March 2005

Re: stupid sayings Mon, 05 September 2005 07:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Girl: Do you have the time?
Me: Do you have the energy? Wink

Fat maccas chick bringing me slow order: Sorry about the wait!
Me: Don't worry, you'll lose it Wink
Her: Dirty look

You can't eat your cake and have it too...bit of a spin on the old saying Smile

The boss describes a busy day as "running around like a 1-legged man in an ass-kicking competition', which cracked me up the first time I heard it Smile He's great at dropping random funnies like that.
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: stupid sayings Mon, 05 September 2005 07:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i like the "I'm busyer than a 1 legged riverdancer "
trevtrev
Regular

October 2004
Re: stupid sayings Mon, 05 September 2005 07:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Trev: What day is it?
Darrell: Wednesday
Martin: All Day.

(Trev smacks Martin, again, ggrrr)
prrrmeow
Regular

February 2005
Re: stupid sayings Sat, 10 September 2005 02:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
student: can i go to the toilet?
teacher: yes.................wash your hands and don't smoke

dammit i must have heard that every single day for like two years !$#$
clubagreenie
Forums Junkie

November 2002

Re: stupid sayings Sat, 10 September 2005 03:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi-Ace wrote on Mon, 05 September 2005 08:22

I go to have blood test regularly and the nurse there says the same thing every time "Hi, how are you today, here for your blood test" sh*t I've only been going there for 5 years.

just tell her "Nah today's a rectal, and not mine"
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: stupid sayings Sat, 10 September 2005 03:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ribfeast wrote on Mon, 05 September 2005 17:02

Her: Dirty look.

"It looks good on you" also works, my gf told me that one, hehe
unforgiven
Forums Junkie

February 2005
Re: stupid sayings Sat, 10 September 2005 03:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Me: Can i go to the toilet?
teacher: Yeh but not in here, it stains the carpet.

ARGH
tricky
Regular

July 2005
Re: stupid sayings Sat, 10 September 2005 12:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ke382TG wrote on Mon, 05 September 2005 11:31

The line I hate the most is when you have something in your eye that is farking hurting like hell and you are trying to get it out and someone says "what's wrong"

then you say "I have got something in my eye"

then they say "Your eyeball hahahaha"

Makes you feel like punching the unfunny tool in the face.

I says "yo finger!" Lame, I know...

The two unoriginal lines I get at work (delivering treadmills and shit) are:

"You wouldn't need to go to the gym carrying this stuff around all day would you? hahahahahahahahahaha"

"put it in front of the telly. That way I'll use it... hahahaha"
Phrostbyte
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

April 2004
Re: stupid sayings Sun, 11 September 2005 07:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LOL! Laughing

I remember reading up on it somewhere, that one of the most annoying sayings in the world was voted:
"But at the end of the day...blah blah blah"
My boss at the computer shop I worked at said that atleast 50 times a day and it shit me to tears haha.

Then there's one that my brother's currently hooked on:
"It's a case of... blah blah blah"

Really they aren't that annoying, but when you've heard them over and over and over it does start to shit ya...

Kev.
AnNa340
Occasional Poster

August 2004
Re: stupid sayings Sun, 11 September 2005 10:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Phrostbyte wrote on Sun, 11 September 2005 17:10

LOL! Laughing

I remember reading up on it somewhere, that one of the most annoying sayings in the world was voted:
"But at the end of the day...blah blah blah"
My boss at the computer shop I worked at said that atleast 50 times a day and it shit me to tears haha.

My manager ALWAYS says " But at the end of the day....." Seriously about 50 times as well.. it shits me! He also says "How should I say..." about 50 times a day! Your managers name didn't happen to be Dave did it? Rolling Eyes

One from my dad:
Me: "Ogh don't worry!"
Dad: "Oh I'm not worried."
Grrr that gets on my nerves!! Evil or Very Mad
Indi
Regular

December 2004
Re: stupid sayings Sun, 11 September 2005 11:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
When I used to work at Maccas (many years ago) they used to have my full name on my name badge, Linda McCarthy. I was on the point of going postal if one more person had've said "how's Paul hahahaha" made me want to leap over the counter grab them by the throat and bash their heads against the floor repeatedly whilst screaming "It says McCarthy DICKHEAD not McCartney!!!" Mad
BlackGT4
Regular

February 2005
Re: stupid sayings Sun, 11 September 2005 12:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol, sorry when i read your post just then, the start of it. i also read it as McCartney.. its that autocomplete function our brains have. like that picture with the grey box that looks a different color but its not.
my aunt comes up with all these wierd arse sayings. i find them more ammusing than annoying tho.

[Updated on: Sun, 11 September 2005 12:51]

Phrostbyte
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

April 2004
Re: stupid sayings Mon, 12 September 2005 00:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ROFLWTFBBQ!!! Lol that is the most insane shit I've heard a chick say in a while, good job, should've done it Very Happy Laughing

Kev
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: stupid sayings Mon, 12 September 2005 00:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My dads favourite is what it all boils down to .......
Dorio86
Regular

August 2005
Re: stupid sayings Mon, 12 September 2005 06:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
"stay classy San Diego"
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: stupid sayings Tue, 13 September 2005 08:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
"In da house" and "In da hood". They are the worst sayings in human history!!! It pisses me right off when some tosser (usally around 16 yrs old) says that! For fuck sakes it's in the house:s/he's here, I'm here and as for in da hood. what kindda drugs s/he's on!!! Little try hard gangsters!
tricky
Regular

July 2005
Re: stupid sayings Thu, 15 September 2005 06:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
"keep it stiff"

That's one my boss says as I'm about to go somewhere. The annoying thing about it is there aren't many good replies... The old "that's what I'm taking [insert name here] for" wears out pretty quick.
Hi-Ace
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

January 2005

Re: stupid sayings Fri, 16 September 2005 00:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A couple more I thought off that annoy me.
"I don't want to complain but..........."
My young bloke (27) if you ask his opinion on something his answer will often be "yes and no"
Or one that gets used in forums a lot is "thats ghey" how the hell can an inanimate object have a sexuality.
cannonball
Forums Junkie

July 2004
Re: stupid sayings Fri, 16 September 2005 01:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
One that completely sux is the saying
"I dont mean to offend, but ***Insert offensive comment here***"

If you dont want to offend me, shut the f**K up!! Mad Mad
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: stupid sayings Fri, 16 September 2005 01:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
"gay" refers to sexuality, but "ghey" more refers to something being uncool or just generally shit

but i agree with you, "ghey" is pretty crap
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: stupid sayings Fri, 16 September 2005 02:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message

CLASSIC!.
kingmick
Forums Junkie

Banned by his request

July 2002
Re: stupid sayings Fri, 16 September 2005 04:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey linda!thought i might hop{haha youll get it}on the band wagon,what do you think of pauls new one legged wife?you must see all from heaven!lmao
mick
soarerchic
Regular

January 2005
Re: stupid sayings Fri, 16 September 2005 05:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I hate 'there's plenty more fish in the sea' or whatever else people try and say when you've had your heart broken or you've lost an ebay item etc.
paulst162
Regular

April 2005
Re: stupid sayings Tue, 20 September 2005 07:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
smt_007 wrote on Fri, 16 September 2005 12:01

CLASSIC!.

Laughing i concur
txted this one to the entire call list on my phone last week. two mates/clowns went to maccas to try it Very Happy
one got a hell filthy look and his maccas thrown at him super size coke included
The other got the chix phone number and a root from a bogan whale
btw different maccasaziz
Ribfeast
Forums Junkie

March 2005

Re: stupid sayings Thu, 22 September 2005 12:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hehe it is loads of fun!

The other one is "Sorry about the wait (weight)"
"Don't worry it looks good on you!"

Wink
trevtrev
Regular

October 2004
Re: stupid sayings Fri, 30 September 2005 03:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I had my Dad over helping me rebuild a fence. The number of times he would check his own work and say, "A blind man would be pleased to see it!" GRRRRR Mad Mad Mad

Then there are the tradesmen's terms for tolerances on fits:
snug: Like a finger in a bum
loose: like a cock in a sleeve
looser: Like opening a window, sticking your dick out and fkucing the world...

Bloody fitter and turners
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: stupid sayings Fri, 30 September 2005 04:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
very loose: like throwing a sausage up a hall way
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: stupid sayings Fri, 30 September 2005 04:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Like parking your bike in an air plane hangar
Roundy
Regular

April 2005
Re: stupid sayings Fri, 30 September 2005 05:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
'a bees dick' and 'a poofteenth' irritate the hell out of me dad tells me all the time, my tuning is always that much off (go-kart motor)
Ribfeast
Forums Junkie

March 2005

Re: stupid sayings Wed, 05 October 2005 22:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Like throwing a tic-tac down the harbour tunnel Wink
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: stupid sayings Wed, 05 October 2005 23:48 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Like a piss in the sea Wink
Pages (2): [1  2  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Videos and pictures of a running Bourke Engine...
Next Topic:need to sell
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 00:40:55 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0096681118011475 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.