Toymods » General Car Talk » Crown on the Dyno yesterday-381rwkw/510rwhp

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
MS-75
Regular

June 2002
icon14.gif  Crown on the Dyno yesterday-381rwkw/510rwhp Sat, 03 September 2005 02:35 Go to next message
We took the Crown to Blackwood dyno yesterday for another flogging-

Differences were-
The slightly bigger turbo (1000 hp GT42)
More timing
50% Martini 110 racing fuel, 50% BP Ultimate
4 psi more boost (about 19 psi)

Resulting power-

381rwkw (510rwhp)

At one point it popped a wastegate line off, causing it to free boost to just on 30psi for a second or so. The resulting power spike at about 4000 rpm was 410rwkw!!!!!

Mike (dyno operator) nearly shat himself as the car tried to launch itself off the rollers and blew the exhaust duct off the sidepipe. Mike got off the gas instantly so nothing was damaged-but it certaily shows that the potential of the set-up is there......

I'm racing again tomorrow, so I'll put up dyno graphs and timeslips tomorrow night.

Sean
  Send a private message to this user    
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Crown on the Dyno yesterday-381rwkw/510rwhp Sat, 03 September 2005 02:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hiya Sean,

Farking awesome figures there mate !!!!

With this rain today, is there any hope of getting to the track ?

BTW, thanks for the tip about Bremen welding. Picked up the rads yesterday and they were superb !!!

Cheers

Michael B
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Crown on the Dyno yesterday-381rwkw/510rwhp Sat, 03 September 2005 06:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PICS PLEASE!!!!!

OR VIDS PLEASE!!!!!
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: Crown on the Dyno yesterday-381rwkw/510rwhp Sat, 03 September 2005 07:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so long as theres no humiditity, the rain will have done good {to a degree}, cause it will have cleaned off all the shit

but fuck me thats some hard core shit right there, thats gotta be close to 800hp at the engine

will we see that beast at jambo in 2 weeks
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Crown on the Dyno yesterday-381rwkw/510rwhp Sat, 03 September 2005 08:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shocked

Thats ALOT of power.
MS-75
Regular

June 2002
icon14.gif  10 seconds-finally..... Sun, 04 September 2005 08:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Today at AIR during a very interrupted meet, I got one good run on the BFG rubber (the last one before they stopped the meet)

10.90@129.9 MPH

Fucken finally.

I also bettered my best Simex tyre time to 11.2@130mph

Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile

WantaTurbo
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Crown on the Dyno yesterday-381rwkw/510rwhp Sun, 04 September 2005 11:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked VERY IMPRESSIVE!!! u got vids of dyno or 1/4 runs ? all i can say again is OMG Shocked Shocked !
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: 10 seconds-finally..... Sun, 04 September 2005 22:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MS-75 wrote on Sun, 04 September 2005 18:19

Today at AIR during a very interrupted meet, I got one good run on the BFG rubber (the last one before they stopped the meet)

10.90@129.9 MPH

Fucken finally.

I also bettered my best Simex tyre time to 11.2@130mph

Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile

That is one bloody quick Crown there Sean. Congratulations. It just goes to show what common sense, good design and very good engineering can do for you.

A major credit indeed !!!

Cheers

Michael B
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Crown on the Dyno yesterday-381rwkw/510rwhp Sun, 04 September 2005 22:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nice work Sean!

Now you're sub 11, does that mean cage?

What does the Crown feel like at 130mph? Laughing
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Crown on the Dyno yesterday-381rwkw/510rwhp Mon, 05 September 2005 00:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
As I said, congrats on the time Sean.

Go the Simex tyres Very Happy What pressure did you run them at?
TheStitt
Forums Junkie

Membership Secretary

June 2002

Re: Crown on the Dyno yesterday-381rwkw/510rwhp Mon, 05 September 2005 06:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well down Sean

I'm hoping it comes to the eastern states soonish se we can all have a look see.

MS-75
Regular

June 2002
Re: Crown on the Dyno yesterday-381rwkw/510rwhp Mon, 05 September 2005 13:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chris,

I ran the Simexes at 15psi. It got a bit wandery in the deep end-I think because of the low pressure, as they aren't meant to be run that low. Around 18-20 was about the same level of grip with no twitchyness last time, so I'd recommend that.

The best thing is that they still have 10mm of tread left after so much flogging! Without question they are the best value tyres I've ever bought. Just smoke the crap out of them to get them hot and sticky.

I'm hoping to bring it over East in the New Year perhaps.

=-)

Sean
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Crown on the Dyno yesterday-381rwkw/510rwhp Mon, 05 September 2005 22:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That is a problem for me at the moment. The smoking the crap out of them part Razz Spins the wheels and gets up to 2100rpm where it is still no where near making boost and just sits at 2100rpm in 1st gear with wheels spinning very slowly.

I have rung up Mike about modding the stock stall up to 3400rpm like Shane is using as I want to retain a lockup and that should help things a long a bit Very Happy
1JZ.747
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: Crown on the Dyno yesterday-381rwkw/510rwhp Tue, 06 September 2005 23:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chris Davey wrote on Tue, 06 September 2005 08:39

That is a problem for me at the moment. The smoking the crap out of them part Razz Spins the wheels and gets up to 2100rpm where it is still no where near making boost and just sits at 2100rpm in 1st gear with wheels spinning very slowly.

I have rung up Mike about modding the stock stall up to 3400rpm like Shane is using as I want to retain a lockup and that should help things a long a bit Very Happy

doit doit
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Crown on the Dyno yesterday-381rwkw/510rwhp Tue, 06 September 2005 23:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey? Confused
MS-75
Regular

June 2002
Re: Crown on the Dyno yesterday-381rwkw/510rwhp Thu, 08 September 2005 10:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Get that pesky stock ECU away from ignition control too. I'd reckon that's hurting your ability to get the tyres turning as well as the lowish stall speed.
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Crown on the Dyno yesterday-381rwkw/510rwhp Thu, 08 September 2005 10:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, will be doing that also. After Jamboree though as no where near enough time.

Will get the stall and the controller soon and go from there Smile
MS-75
Regular

June 2002
Re: Crown on the Dyno yesterday-381rwkw/510rwhp Thu, 08 September 2005 21:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Have you got a good seat and a harness yet? I'd strongly recommended it. With the Momo seat and 4 point harness I'm a lot safer, but the thing I like the most is how much safer i feel. You don't have to spend a lot either.

Have you run it at the races yet chris?
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Crown on the Dyno yesterday-381rwkw/510rwhp Fri, 09 September 2005 02:18 Go to previous message
I have a racing seat but no harness.

I went down a couple of weeks ago for a "shake down" pass Razz First run ever, ran a 17.3@98mph as I was a nervous wreck and stuffed the gear change. Then didn't hit boost until half track.

Second run hit boost in first gear, big backfire so let off, datalogged that run and it spiked lean. Couldn't work out why. Found out later that I was just about out of fuel Embarassed

Have learnt from these mistakes and will be having another go at jamboree next weekend Very Happy
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Heard of the brand OMP?
Next Topic:toyota nationals 2006???
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 22:48:03 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0060458183288574 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.