Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
tricky
Regular

July 2005
Wanted: RA23 parts Sun, 04 September 2005 08:29 Go to next message
Hi all,

I am after a few bits and pieces for the beast. If anyone has a centre console in reasonable condition they are willing to part with, I would be more than happy to take it off your hands for an agreed cash reimbursement.

Also, does anyone know if there is a commercially available replacement upper radiator hose for the 18RG? (maybe a dumb question, but I haven't done any research thus far)

And I know this one is long shot too, but if there are any unwanted dash mats out there looking for a home, my celica would be only too glad to accomodate them.

Another long shot, anyone with an 18RG manual they don't want, I'll pay reasonable money (I haven't found one yet).

Cheers, All replies appreciated!!
  Send a private message to this user    
tricky
Regular

July 2005
Re: Wanted: RA23 parts Sun, 04 September 2005 08:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Aww yeah, and i'm after the windscreen pillar covers too.
o_man_ra23
Regular

June 2003
icon10.gif  Re: Wanted: RA23 parts Sun, 04 September 2005 11:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the upper radiator hose that i use is a stock 18RC one, turned around backwards, and connected to a KE corolla thermostat upper housing (kilkenny casting part number WO31) all avail at any decent parts store.

also, what do you mean by windscreen pillar covers??

and... a friend and i are looking into making fibreglass full length centre consoles for XA2X's... what sort of money would you be willing to part with for one, untrimmed?? need to know if its worth making a mould and mass producing them.

Cheers, Owen
tricky
Regular

July 2005
Re: Wanted: RA23 parts Sun, 04 September 2005 12:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What I mean by windscreen pillar covers is the trims on the sides of the windscreen side bits (I had A pillar in my had, but this might not be correct).

----\
.....\
........---
...........|

At the bold bit in my spastic drawing.

As far as the centre console is concerned, I think I'd have to see one first. You have my e-mail from when I spoke to you before? If you end up getting a price on this or pictures of a prototype, can u e-mail them to me?

As far as the KE upper thermo housing, will it fit on a GEU thermo housing? I don't know if they differ from the earlier 18RG housings.

Cheers,
Tristan

[Updated on: Sun, 04 September 2005 12:22]

Jason
Forums Junkie

December 2002

Re: Wanted: RA23 parts Mon, 05 September 2005 01:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
For the hose just get a 18rc one and shorten it to suit worked for me lots of times.

The pillar covers each side of the windscreen are origially vinal and foam not hard plastic so you will have to get them made or if your good with a pair of scissors and some glue do it yourself.

Cheers
Jason

[Updated on: Mon, 05 September 2005 01:28]

tricky
Regular

July 2005
Re: Wanted: RA23 parts Mon, 05 September 2005 02:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Schweet. I didn't know about the trims, 'cos they weren't there when I got the car. There are holes in the metal, so I just assumed that they were covers that pressed in.

Thanks
Jason
Forums Junkie

December 2002

Re: Wanted: RA23 parts Mon, 05 September 2005 03:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Welcome
o_man_ra23
Regular

June 2003
icon10.gif  Re: Wanted: RA23 parts Mon, 05 September 2005 12:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The trim was originally a sewn in part of the hood lining, with the sides tucked under the windscreen and the pinchweld.

as for the hose... i didnt even cut mine. been going well for 3 yrs, dont even need to run the thermo fan cause the car doesnt get hot... even in sunny north qld.

Cheers, Owen
tricky
Regular

July 2005
Re: Wanted: RA23 parts Tue, 06 September 2005 03:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yep, just got an RC hose, fits fine, just a bit long. About the lining, if I wanted to replace it as per factory, I'd need to pull the windscreen out? Oh well, I guess it's a good reason to make sure there isn't any rust in the windscreen channels...

Cheers fellas.
72PASSEDU
Regular

December 2004
Re: Wanted: RA23 parts Tue, 06 September 2005 04:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Here's a complete center console.......Good luck

Johnny

http://cgi.ebay.com/TOYOTA-CELICA-TA22-FULL-CONSOL E-IN-BLACK_W0QQitemZ4571919230QQcategoryZ10428QQss PageNameZWD1VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://i6.ebayimg.com/04/i/04/a6/f4/a5_1_b.JPG
shelldrake
Regular

May 2005
Re: Wanted: RA23 parts Tue, 06 September 2005 07:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I wouldnt recommend this seller at all, he's a sneaky ebayer who takes low res pictures, and describes things vaguely. He also overchargers on the post and then fails to send it for over a month and lies about it. He knows nothing about these cars. I bought some bonnet vents off this guy on ebay and the chrome is all cracked and bubbling and he's tried to sand it out and scratched the chrome and taken chunks out of the die cast. I'm still trying to work out how I can leave negative feedback on him without him tarnishing my account when I have done no wrong. Why dont you custom make a console out of wood and then cover it in vinyl? I've seen some around that look awesome.
Hope you find something a bit closer to you,
bottom line, I wouldn't trust this guy if I were you, he screwed me over and I don't doubt he'd do it to you too...
Ed.
72PASSEDU
Regular

December 2004
Re: Wanted: RA23 parts Tue, 06 September 2005 07:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I never dealt with this guy B4 BUT that really sucks that some people are like that.

Johnny
o_man_ra23
Regular

June 2003
icon10.gif  Re: Wanted: RA23 parts Tue, 06 September 2005 08:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanx for letting us know about this fiend drake. The pic does look somewhat sus dont it.
Tricky, im in the process of re-making my hood lining, and a friend has gotten onto a full rubber kit, so ill try and get the info on how to get that rubber kit if you would like. The hood lining looks like a fun job, but shouldnt be too much of a hassal as i already have a spare hood lining to use as a template. your original lining will be very hard, and so will rip quite easily as you try and take it out, so be careful if you want to use it again.

Cheers, Owen
tricky
Regular

July 2005
Re: Wanted: RA23 parts Wed, 07 September 2005 08:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sheesh, that is a dodgy pick. Looks kinda more like a TA22 ST/GT centre console, so I won't even bother, especially for 55 pounds... Thansk anyway, and thanks for the heads up, shelldrake. Owen, I've been considering doing the roof lining, but it's almost mint, so I dunno whether I can justify it. But it's just a PITA that the pillar vinyl has been cut... It looks like it was done when the previous owner had the windscreen seal done, 'cos there is still the lower bit between the dash and the wall. What's this rubber kit thingy?

Cheers

o_man_ra23
Regular

June 2003
icon10.gif  Re: Wanted: RA23 parts Fri, 09 September 2005 01:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rubber kit is front and rear windscreen seals, upper and lower door seals, vertical rear window seals, outer door and rear window seals and the boot seal. Pretty much every thing you need to keep the elements outta your beast. Let me know if your interested, im trying to organise a group buy. Also, if your hood lining is mint, it is probably gone hard if its the original, if so then it will be very easy to damage(sumone drunk in your car havin a poke around will tear it), and will probably need replacing in the near future. might be worth thinking about making another.

CHeers, Owen
tricky
Regular

July 2005
Re: Wanted: RA23 parts Fri, 09 September 2005 07:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oh I getcha.

I thought it must have been some funky mould kit or something. If you do get a group buy thing happening for the seals, gimme a holler, 'cos my boot & rear windscreen rubbers are perishing, and they ain't cheap!! Yeah, my roof lining is original, and it's pretty crispy. Despite that, there isn't a mark on it!
tricky
Regular

July 2005
Re: Wanted: RA23 parts Mon, 12 September 2005 09:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bump.

Damn canberra/queanbeyan wreckers don't wanna help. Mostly after a dash mat (don't care if it's cracked) and a stock centre console.

EDIT: If anyone can point me towards a canberra/queanbeya wrecker that has RA23/28's would be appreciated.

[Updated on: Mon, 12 September 2005 09:33]

shelldrake
Regular

May 2005
Re: Wanted: RA23 parts Tue, 13 September 2005 07:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
There's a place in dandenong, Victoria called Tru-fit who deliver and have dash mats, carpets etc. They deliver everywhere as well. They probably have a website.
EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: Wanted: RA23 parts Thu, 15 September 2005 02:45 Go to previous message
theres a green ra28 being wrecked at pick-a-part here in Perth, although thats of pretty much no use to you...

i think i just wanted to brag about that fact that it still has its original logbook!

Eldar.O.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:WTB:stock AE92 OR AE92 stock air box
Next Topic:JZX81 1JZ Igniter and/or mounting plate
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 00:55:34 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0070819854736328 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.