Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » The Outhouse » Led Zep fans only need apply.

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Led Zep fans only need apply. Mon, 05 September 2005 01:04 Go to next message
How good is Led Zep 3?

After listening only to the "Immigrant Song" for the last few years, I allowed the CD (I actually have the album as well) to play on today and was blown away.

Why did John Bonham have to choke on his own vomit?

Send a private message to this user    
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Led Zep fans only need apply. Mon, 05 September 2005 01:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
But now I laugh and pull so hard, and see you swinging on the gallows pole.
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: Led Zep fans only need apply. Mon, 05 September 2005 07:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
led zep are tops. i only have the remasters cds, i love them except theres no moby dick Sad
EnFlaMEd
Regular

September 2003
Re: Led Zep fans only need apply. Mon, 05 September 2005 09:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Zep Rocks!!!

Check out Tool's cover of No Quarter and Dream Theater's cover of Song Remains the Same for something different.
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: Led Zep fans only need apply. Mon, 05 September 2005 11:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just downloaded those covers, cant say i like the tool version a whole lot even tho im a tool fan, but i like the cover of achilles last stand/song remains the same, its a mad song Smile
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Led Zep fans only need apply. Mon, 05 September 2005 11:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have the whole studio collection on mp3
theres a torrent out there
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Led Zep fans only need apply. Mon, 05 September 2005 13:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah I downloaded the Zeppelin studio collection a while ago. I'm actually buying the albums now, and a while ago I bought the 2-disc DVD with a whole bunch of concert footage. Studio work = great, live performances = fscking amazing. You can't watch that sort of thing and not wish you were Jimmy Page. It's also hard not to be blown away by John Bonham, especially when he does the 10 minute solo in Moby Dick. That guy was a machine! Shocked

In summary: Zeppelin rules.
Silver-Arrowz
Occasional Poster

July 2002
Re: Led Zep fans only need apply. Mon, 05 September 2005 14:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
They were right in not trying to find another drummer when Bonham passed away. He's just irreplaceable!
Farkurnell
Regular

February 2005

Re: Led Zep fans only need apply. Mon, 05 September 2005 22:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Did I ever tell ya's I saw Led Zep back in 1972 when they played Sydney? Very Happy

Cheers, Greg.
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Led Zep fans only need apply. Mon, 05 September 2005 23:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

Zep is excellent. No more bands or music like that around anymore - which is a major bummer.

By the way, did anyone watch SBS on Sunday night where they had a hour long special on TRex? Not a bad show and they had some great concert footage, and studio footage of Elton John and Marc Bolan and Ringo Starr doing a slowed down version of Children of the Revolution. Fortunately I recorded the show onto DVD for future viewing.

seeyuzz
river
suthol
Occasional Poster

February 2003
Re: Led Zep fans only need apply. Mon, 05 September 2005 23:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Sydney concert that I saw in 72 was without a doubt the worst concert that I have ever seen.

Plant, Jones and Bonham were OK, but Page was so stoned he wasn't even on the same planet, much less the same stage.

Pink Floyd around the same time at Randwick Racecourse were brilliant.

Better still let's talk about the Beatles in 64 and the original Stones line up at the Showground in about 66 when they were the support act for Roy Orbison Cool
Farkurnell
Regular

February 2005

Re: Led Zep fans only need apply. Tue, 06 September 2005 00:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I didn't get to see Pink Floyd until 1988.

The Beetles and Stones, well even I was too young for those concerts.

You must be really, really old. Wink

Cheers, Greg.
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Led Zep fans only need apply. Tue, 06 September 2005 00:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LOL I wasn't even born in 1966, and was only a year old when Zep released their first album.!

I stayed up to watch Led Zep do Live Aid in 1985 - 4 am!! Three songs only.

On another note, my resident keeps rubbing in the fact she saw Page and Plant in the late 90's. As payback, I give her heaps of paperwork. Laughing
illuminatus
Forums Junkie

March 2005
Re: Led Zep fans only need apply. Tue, 06 September 2005 00:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i was in europe a few weeks ago, and was suprised to find out i have an uncle who is like 50 and has so many live dvds of all the greatest groups! (led zepp, pink floyd, etc)
i sat around for a few days drinking and watching these with him!

anyways, he says that there is a whole bunch of pubs dedicated to led zepp in england, and every few weeks the remaining members of the band pick a pub, the doors are shut and they play a few songs.

[Updated on: Tue, 06 September 2005 00:54]

rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Led Zep fans only need apply. Tue, 06 September 2005 00:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah page and plant was 1996, i was there woo!!

forced_induction
Regular

August 2004
Re: Led Zep fans only need apply. Tue, 06 September 2005 06:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
river, try finding some wolfmother songs. for mine they are the new school zep.
BOCKA
Forums Junkie

March 2005
Re: Led Zep fans only need apply. Tue, 06 September 2005 09:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my mates a huge fan of page, hes got a mass tatt of zoso under his right arm.
dingaling
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Led Zep fans only need apply. Tue, 06 September 2005 09:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i cough page miming one song, ie pretending to play, when really it was a pre-recording everyone was listening, if the whole band was doing it i dunno, but page gave himself away. Was so devestated! to see him forget to strum the strings yet the sounds came out as if he did strum.

Stonned bugger Razz
oh well jimmy won't let me down.

rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Led Zep fans only need apply. Tue, 06 September 2005 22:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
was this in the zeppelin days or recent?
dingaling
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Led Zep fans only need apply. Wed, 07 September 2005 00:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
back in there prime.

I will try to dig the video up for all to see what i'm talking about.
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Led Zep fans only need apply. Wed, 07 September 2005 00:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its not one of those film clips where they chop together a whole bunch of live footage and match it with the studio song?

like travelling riverboat blues film clip?
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Led Zep fans only need apply. Wed, 07 September 2005 01:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
"We've done four already,
but now we're steady,
then they went,
ONE,
TWO,
THREE,
FOUR!"

I hear the DVD is the shit?

[Updated on: Wed, 07 September 2005 01:21]

illuminatus
Forums Junkie

March 2005
Re: Led Zep fans only need apply. Wed, 07 September 2005 01:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if ur refering to the 2dvd set with 5 hours of footage... then yes it is the shit. its f*cking sweet, baught it last week and loved it. the 15 min drum solo is nuts, very techinical drumming.

alot of it is private footage which the crew filmed, and they couldnt release till one of the band members died, cos he didnt alow it.
i got it for about $45 from jbhifi and its a great buy!!!!
its in surround sound too.
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Led Zep fans only need apply. Wed, 07 September 2005 01:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my fav song of zeppelin has to be achillies last stand, the solo gives me goose bumps.

i suppose i should check out this dvd
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Led Zep fans only need apply. Wed, 07 September 2005 02:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Definitely buy the DVD, I bought it like a year ago and it's still my favourite out of my whole DVD collection... I chuck it in the DVD player on a regular basis.

My favourite off that collection would have to be In My Time Of Dying, some awesome slide guitar work there by Page (obviously not too stoned at the time). The outfits they're wearing are also pretty far out, man. Laughing
tricky
Regular

July 2005
Re: Led Zep fans only need apply. Fri, 09 September 2005 10:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thumbs up to Led Zep!! One of the big bonuses of having grown up with my parents is the collection of vinyl they have! Each and every Led Zep album on scratchy, raw and powerful records!
Scootaphill
Regular

November 2004
Re: Led Zep fans only need apply. Fri, 09 September 2005 12:47 Go to previous message
and as we wind on down the road
our shaddows taller than our souls
there walks a lady we all know
who shines white light and wants to show
how everything still turns to gold
and if you listen very hard
the tune will come to you at last
when all is one and one is all
to be a rock and not to roll
and she's buying the
stairway to heaven