Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Interstate Cruises and Events » Western Australia » [OST] @ Whoop Ass Wednesday - 12 OCT 05

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
_ShadowZ
Occasional Poster

July 2004
Re: [OST] @ Whoop Ass Wednesday - 12 OCT 05 Tue, 11 October 2005 09:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
$30 cash entry fee ---------------- CHECK
$20 petrol money ------------------ CHECK
14.7 PSI Boost -------------------- CHECK
Long pants and closed in shoes ---- CHECK
Brain bucket ---------------------- CHECK

I guess i'll be the first there. I finish at 3 in the city. no point going home.
  Send a private message to this user    
Mofo III
Regular

March 2004

Re: [OST] @ Whoop Ass Wednesday - 12 OCT 05 Tue, 11 October 2005 12:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok errr i only just saw this thread and ive been planning on running the for the last 3 fking wednesdays but its been raining. quite coincidental that the first clear wednesday i get to run is the ost night. should be good to see some of your down there!

i have tomorrow off so ill spend most of the day just double checking shite on the car, maybe wash the green monster, weight it ect ect.

unfortunately ill be running not filming everybody so i sure hope someone else will be up to the task, that being said my camera will be strapped firmly to my passenger seat for some fpp (first person perspective) footage.

see you all tomorrow night.

maybe we should put down what times we think we will get here for some fun.

im actually putting my cat back in tomorrow so i dont hit fuel cut in 3rd, 4th... this will bring my power back down to 235/245 rwhp. with that i will be happy with a 13.8 ET. ...previous best is 14.03.

Good Luck to you all.

[Updated on: Tue, 11 October 2005 12:05]

guilty_19
Regular

March 2004
Re: [OST] @ Whoop Ass Wednesday - 12 OCT 05 Tue, 11 October 2005 14:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
will see a very dissapointing 16.5 or 16.0 for me on stock boost

with 12psi i would hope to be in the mid 15's with DA POWERHOUSE 1G!!!!!!!
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: [OST] @ Whoop Ass Wednesday - 12 OCT 05 Tue, 11 October 2005 16:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I estimate very high 14/low 15's from an ST205 with standard boost
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: [OST] @ Whoop Ass Wednesday - 12 OCT 05 Tue, 11 October 2005 23:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm estimating a low 14 for Project Decade, especially if my new leads arrive in time Crying or Very Sad
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: [OST] @ Whoop Ass Wednesday - 12 OCT 05 Tue, 11 October 2005 23:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
justcallmefrank wrote on Wed, 12 October 2005 09:38

I'm estimating a low 14 for Project Decade, especially if my new leads arrive in time Crying or Very Sad

assuming the weather clears Laughing
WA_TRD_83
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: [OST] @ Whoop Ass Wednesday - 12 OCT 05 Wed, 12 October 2005 00:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the weather will be ok big dong... Cool

I'll expect some mid 16 sec times.. hopefully not to far behind Rob! Razz

unfortunately thats the best I can get from my 111hp 1G N/A ..

but its all about spinning the tyres with the LSD tonight! Very Happy

Damo
TRD 83
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: [OST] @ Whoop Ass Wednesday - 12 OCT 05 Wed, 12 October 2005 00:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WA_TRD_83 wrote on Wed, 12 October 2005 10:38

the weather will be ok big dong... Cool

Thats Massif Dong to you! Cool
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: [OST] @ Whoop Ass Wednesday - 12 OCT 05 Wed, 12 October 2005 03:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So is there going to be a battle of the GA61's Damo?
WA_TRD_83
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: [OST] @ Whoop Ass Wednesday - 12 OCT 05 Wed, 12 October 2005 04:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sure why not...

since your car is missing half the interior, half the exterior, has lightweight rims, and it has two hairdryers compared to my none.. it should be a fairly even match up! Rolling Eyes

Razz
Wildsupra
Regular

October 2003
Re: [OST] @ Whoop Ass Wednesday - 12 OCT 05 Wed, 12 October 2005 05:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WA_TRD_83 wrote on Wed, 12 October 2005 14:11

sure why not...

since your car is missing half the interior, half the exterior, has lightweight rims, and it has two hairdryers compared to my none.. it should be a fairly even match up! Rolling Eyes

Razz

Nice one damo, oi man drop into the bling garage before you leave and we can drop a few lill surprises unda ya hood, just to piss of nathan and chop his ass!!!!

At a previous best of 13.1 i am praying that i can break into the 12sec club, with a few little changes to some of my custom mods i guess time will tell. I wonder if you can get any thicker PVC than what i already have, to use as stronger cooler pipes Laughing

Im guessing/praying 12.9 maybe i shoulda installed the emanage to run some stupid boost Rolling Eyes

Matty
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: [OST] @ Whoop Ass Wednesday - 12 OCT 05 Wed, 12 October 2005 05:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WA_TRD_83 wrote on Wed, 12 October 2005 12:11

sure why not...

Razz

Yeah, cos that instrument panel weighs soo much Razz That's the only missing part from the interior. As for the exterior, hell, I'm missing two pieces of trim Nod

Rims I more than make up for in tyre. And pssht, have you seem how small my turbos are? I'd hardly call them a real advantage. That, and I have all the added weight from my IC, and the IC piping, and my bling exhaust. Let's not even get into my sunroof!

Then again, I spose the easiest thing to do would be to chuck a 7M into your car...oh wait, that's what you're SUPPOSED to be doing Wink
guilty_19
Regular

March 2004
Re: [OST] @ Whoop Ass Wednesday - 12 OCT 05 Wed, 12 October 2005 07:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
justcallmefrank wrote on Wed, 12 October 2005 13:45

Then again, I spose the easiest thing to do would be to chuck a 7M into your car...oh wait, that's what you're SUPPOSED to be doing Wink

ohh snap !!

iam taking my spare tyre out and sub........wont make a difference...........but gottsa go for da speed Very Happy

matty - whats with the secret 1g power mods......i want some Sad
Wildsupra
Regular

October 2003
Re: [OST] @ Whoop Ass Wednesday - 12 OCT 05 Wed, 12 October 2005 07:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
guilty_19 wrote on Wed, 12 October 2005 17:38

justcallmefrank wrote on Wed, 12 October 2005 13:45

ohh snap !!

iam taking my spare tyre out and sub........wont make a difference...........but gottsa go for da speed Very Happy

matty - whats with the secret 1g power mods......i want some Sad

Wink Wink

Rob we can easily up your boost man, i'l bring sum side cutters and we can "carefully" chop the wastegate lines so they dont open Shocked that should make a bit more boost then Wink

Matty
EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: [OST] @ Whoop Ass Wednesday - 12 OCT 05 Wed, 12 October 2005 07:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
have fun tonight guys.

inform me of times etc. when your all done Smile

Eldar.O.
Mofo III
Regular

March 2004

Re: [OST] @ Whoop Ass Wednesday - 12 OCT 05 Thu, 13 October 2005 00:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Awesome night, heaps of fun and good to see some of the boys down there. Good experience for me as it was my first time racing.
that being said i couldnt beat the cars pb (last owner did 14.03 - less mods but with a slipperier clutch and track tyres)
i ran a best time of 14.119 @ 100.33mph (2.199 60') @ .80bar - full street trim, still had my 50 odd KG worth of stereo in the back, street tyres, everything. 1580kg w/o driver.
im sure i can improve on the time but i fear its at the cost of a brand new clutch as the only way to drop my 60ft time is to slip my brand new $1300 clutch. no thanks, ill have to find another way.
top MPH for the night was 101.23 @ .89bar, from a 14.558 sec pass and 2.581 60' time.
i managed to get 6 runs in for the night (3 after the burnouts), the 14.1 was my 2nd last pass so im glad i got that in.

Gongrats to everyone and hope to do it all again soon (i think?) Smile
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: [OST] @ Whoop Ass Wednesday - 12 OCT 05 Thu, 13 October 2005 02:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Super consistant for me, 13.5's all night and 1.9 60' times, all on the standard boost of 10psi.
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: [OST] @ Whoop Ass Wednesday - 12 OCT 05 Thu, 13 October 2005 02:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Project decade was a dissapointment.

Pick of the night was clint's GT4.
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: [OST] @ Whoop Ass Wednesday - 12 OCT 05 Thu, 13 October 2005 02:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSupra wrote on Thu, 13 October 2005 10:11

Project decade was a dissapointment.

Pick of the night was clint's GT4.

Indeed. We'll go back later on to crack a 14 when I have full power...and learn how to launch my car Embarassed
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: [OST] @ Whoop Ass Wednesday - 12 OCT 05 Thu, 13 October 2005 02:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oh, but it did race, and it didn't break (more than it was already) so I still win ze bet Razz
WA_TRD_83
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: [OST] @ Whoop Ass Wednesday - 12 OCT 05 Thu, 13 October 2005 03:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
justcallmefrank wrote on Thu, 13 October 2005 10:33

Oh, but it did race, and it didn't break (more than it was already) so I still win ze bet Razz

yah True.. the bet was to get the car down the track... and it did!
I look forward to seeing the car do some better times too. I'm hoping for 14s when the 7M goes in.. Nathan's car would be a good measuring stick if it was running properly.

My best for the evening in the non turbo 1G was a 16.9sec @ 130ish km/h.
more fun for me was spinning the tyres and testing out the LSD Very Happy
If anyone has any pics or video footage of my burnouts - send them my way! Smile

good to see a small crew of OST members down there giving it a go.

cheers
Damo
TRD 83
OST Event Organiser
earthweb
Regular

August 2004
Re: [OST] @ Whoop Ass Wednesday - 12 OCT 05 Thu, 13 October 2005 05:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Friggin auto box wouldn't change gears down the strip, just kept smashing into the 8k rev limit. Only way it would change was when i backed off a bit.
Pretty dissapointing 14.1 with 18psi out a 1JZ.
Need to look at the autobox as I should have been in the 13's easily.

- Chris.
guilty_19
Regular

March 2004
Re: [OST] @ Whoop Ass Wednesday - 12 OCT 05 Thu, 13 October 2005 09:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
earthweb wrote on Thu, 13 October 2005 13:02

Friggin auto box wouldn't change gears down the strip, just kept smashing into the 8k rev limit. Only way it would change was when i backed off a bit.
Pretty dissapointing 14.1 with 18psi out a 1JZ.
Need to look at the autobox as I should have been in the 13's easily.

- Chris.

Think it's time to go manual chris Very Happy
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: [OST] @ Whoop Ass Wednesday - 12 OCT 05 Thu, 13 October 2005 11:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
guilty_19 wrote on Thu, 13 October 2005 19:58

I was thinking about this, how can your car be beaten by an auto GZ20 with factory exhaust Rob?
Wildsupra
Regular

October 2003
Re: [OST] @ Whoop Ass Wednesday - 12 OCT 05 Thu, 13 October 2005 12:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSupra wrote on Thu, 13 October 2005 21:08

guilty_19 wrote on Thu, 13 October 2005 19:58

I was thinking about this, how can your car be beaten by an auto GZ20 with factory exhaust Rob?

Hmm maybe coz it has a 1J conversion and 18PSI compared to Robs 1G with 6PSI, i think the comparison is a tad unfair.... dont you???

Anyway rob, how bout a boost controller under that hood of yours? I can supply parts (courtesy of bunnings) for as little as about $20 Wink They keep the bits in the intercooler section, otherwise know as the gardening section. We can get ya doin fiddeens in no time!!! Shocked

So apart from clint was any1 actually happy with their time last night? i think there were quite a few un happy peeps, including myself... Stoopid HKS boost controllers!!!

i ran 13.1 @ 170k's on 13psi
should have been 12.8 on 15psi but no.... MR HKS B.C. said piss off!!

Matty

_ShadowZ
Occasional Poster

July 2004
Re: [OST] @ Whoop Ass Wednesday - 12 OCT 05 Thu, 13 October 2005 15:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I got a 14.2 as my best @ 1 bar(14.7psi). Damn traction. got 2.4 as my 60 foot.
does anyone know someone that sells semi slicks that will fit stock wrx rims?????
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: [OST] @ Whoop Ass Wednesday - 12 OCT 05 Thu, 13 October 2005 23:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wildsupra wrote on Thu, 13 October 2005 20:23

Hmm maybe coz it has a 1J conversion and 18PSI compared to Robs 1G with 6PSI, i think the comparison is a tad unfair.... dont you???

That post was actually me, not Glen, and I wasn't referring to earthweb's 1JZ Soarer. I was talking about the other Chris with the auto GZ20 Limited, he didn't come this time. You remember the one from the dyno day that sorta rolled onto the dyno cos no one could hear it with the factory exhaust Razz He ran like a 16 flat.

And no, not happy with the time, but eventually i'll learn to launch the car (2.8 60 foot times suck), and with any luck, i'll be picking up the new leads this arvo.

EDIT: He didn't run his car, but he still came to watch Very Happy

[Updated on: Thu, 13 October 2005 23:55]

guilty_19
Regular

March 2004
Re: [OST] @ Whoop Ass Wednesday - 12 OCT 05 Fri, 14 October 2005 02:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
geez 2.8 60 foot time........i got 2.5 Razz

yeah matty, maybe you can help me install my new riced up boost guage?.....iam looking at getting a tee bleed valve when i get the time

no more power = same MPH down the end, so iam not going to get any better times at current status.....maybe if i was running at stock boost i wouldnt have a problem Rolling Eyes
poombah
Regular

August 2002

Re: [OST] @ Whoop Ass Wednesday - 12 OCT 05 Fri, 14 October 2005 06:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shameful rob, you better what our for those new 2.4litre lancers theyre gonna own you! Razz

i think you should check your cooler piping and shit theres no way a ga70 can be that slow... is your clutch slipping or anything?

- Russ
Mofo III
Regular

March 2004

Re: [OST] @ Whoop Ass Wednesday - 12 OCT 05 Fri, 14 October 2005 07:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
his 60 foot time sucks as bad as mine does, which is both our problems.

our problem is our launches (60' time), dunno bout rob but my mph reflects my current power and obviously I should be yeilding a lower E.T. in order to net a better sixty footer time id have to launch the car hard while slipping the clutch, which im not prepared to do, makes me cringe just thinking about it. then again if i dont the car either bogs down off boost or wheelspins then axel tramps wildly. theres just no happy middle. im starting to hate drag racing haha. anyone wanna buy a supra? Laughing
guilty_19
Regular

March 2004
Re: [OST] @ Whoop Ass Wednesday - 12 OCT 05 Fri, 14 October 2005 16:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
poombah wrote on Fri, 14 October 2005 14:23

shameful rob, you better what our for those new 2.4litre lancers theyre gonna own you! Razz

i think you should check your cooler piping and shit theres no way a ga70 can be that slow... is your clutch slipping or anything?

- Russ

when ricey lancers pull up ..........i just dont care Razz

clutch is fine..... iam not running the right boost....should be 9psi for a Gen 2 i beleive and iam running 5-6psi atm

iam just down on HP to JCMF's 1g but he is has a lighter car........

more boost and i should be seeing a low 16
guilty_19
Regular

March 2004
Re: [OST] @ Whoop Ass Wednesday - 12 OCT 05 Fri, 14 October 2005 16:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
iam with todd on the MPH = power

for all my runs.....varing in times......i am still getting same trap speeds

my 60foot times are around 2.5sec.....just got no top end
earthweb
Regular

August 2004
Re: [OST] @ Whoop Ass Wednesday - 12 OCT 05 Sat, 15 October 2005 09:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This is the slip of my best time...

ELAPSED TIME: 14.157
TERMINAL SPEED: 104.40 MPH 168.01 KPH
REACTION TIME: 0.676
60': 2.323 SEC
330': 6.228 SEC
660': 9.382 SEC
660' SPEED: 127.04 KPH
1000': 11.993

Best reation time was on my last run which I did a 14.212 pass. The time was 0.451 with a speed of 104.16 MPH.

- Chris.
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: [OST] @ Whoop Ass Wednesday - 12 OCT 05 Sat, 15 October 2005 10:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
earthweb wrote on Sat, 15 October 2005 17:46

Best reation time was on my last run which I did a 14.212 pass. The time was 0.451 with a speed of 104.16 MPH.

FYI, RT doesn't count towards the final time.
guilty_19
Regular

March 2004
Re: [OST] @ Whoop Ass Wednesday - 12 OCT 05 Sat, 15 October 2005 13:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
god damm chris that is big top end their

matty is getting that sorta speed and doing low 13's
EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: [OST] @ Whoop Ass Wednesday - 12 OCT 05 Sat, 15 October 2005 18:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
guilty_19 wrote on Sat, 15 October 2005 21:24

should be doing 12's, but the forces above are determined to prevent him doing so.

come on Matty, bust out some bling garage "kustum" mods bro!

yes it is 2:32 am, and yes i am slightly intoxicated, sue me.

Eldar.O.
poombah
Regular

August 2002

Re: [OST] @ Whoop Ass Wednesday - 12 OCT 05 Sun, 16 October 2005 04:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how does the MPH equat into things? I got 14.03 with 100mph exactly.. chris got 104mph with a slower time... does that mean his picks up more towards the end of his run or something?
ae95
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2003
Re: [OST] @ Whoop Ass Wednesday - 12 OCT 05 Sun, 16 October 2005 06:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MPH is a good indicator of how fast a time is achievable
slower ET can be a result of no traction,poor launch..etc

[Updated on: Sun, 16 October 2005 06:20]

Wildsupra
Regular

October 2003
Re: [OST] @ Whoop Ass Wednesday - 12 OCT 05 Mon, 17 October 2005 05:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
EldarO wrote on Sun, 16 October 2005 04:32

guilty_19 wrote on Sat, 15 October 2005 21:24

should be doing 12's, but the forces above are determined to prevent him doing so.

come on Matty, bust out some bling garage "kustum" mods bro!

yes it is 2:32 am, and yes i am slightly intoxicated, sue me.

Eldar.O.

The only things stopping the 12's was a fu&n useless boost controller, not being able to run more than 13psi kinda restricts the car just a tad. Shoulda stuck with the bunnings boost controller kit!!!

AE95 MPH is not always the best way of determining a reachable time. Many other factor come into it, for example where the engine makes it power, as in low mid or top end, look at big single turbs, they might run a low 13 with 120 MPH trap speed and they may make 400hp + on the dyno, still doesnt make it fast over a 1/4. take em to the salt lake however and they will sh$t all over a car the makes 200hp and runs a low 13. Another thing to consider is how efficiently the engine makes the power that it has. No point running high boost if the engine is struggling to produce power from it. You could run 20 psi on a stock 1J with no mods at all except computer to supply fuel, but it would be only a little quicker than one on say 12psi, due to exhaust restrictions and the extra heat produced and the efficiency of the other parts involved when running 20psi.

ohh well thats my fiddy bucks worth Rolling Eyes could turn that into a book.

Matty

Purple Monkey
Regular

April 2004
Re: [OST] @ Whoop Ass Wednesday - 12 OCT 05 Mon, 17 October 2005 11:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ROb Crank up that Boost boy cuz you still need to beat the stock 6mge powered Cressida Time of 16.1 @ 140kph Maybe we could walk in to the 15's together Very Happy
WA_TRD_83
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: [OST] @ Whoop Ass Wednesday - 12 OCT 05 Thu, 20 October 2005 02:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey guys..
a few pics posted from the evening if anyone is interested:

http://www.oldskooltoys.net/pages/drags121005.htm

Cheers
Damo
TRD 83
OST Event Organiser
Mofo III
Regular

March 2004

Re: [OST] @ Whoop Ass Wednesday - 12 OCT 05 Thu, 20 October 2005 05:32 Go to previous message
yay me, my car and my engine bay are famous!
Pages (2): [ «  <  1  2]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Hello Perth Toymodders
Next Topic:4 + 6 + Rotary Drag Wars (OST)
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 16:24:31 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0071771144866943 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.