Toymods » General Car Talk » Daily Driver - MX6 Turbo compared to Camry/Rolla

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Major Clod
Regular

August 2003
Daily Driver - MX6 Turbo compared to Camry/Rolla Tue, 06 September 2005 02:08 Go to next message
I'm looking at a new car to replace my KE70. I don't want to spend much at all, its only to drive until my RA23 is done and eventually give to my sister when she gets her licence.

One option is a 1988 MX6 2.2L Turbo for $1700 neg. All that needs to be done is speedo cable, front tyre and brakes. It has done 190000km's... I'm just unsure of how reliable the turbo will be after this long. Anyone know anything about these cars? From general research these seem to go for anywhere between $2-5K...

I also have the option of an SV21 Camry or an AE82/AE92 running a 4AGE/4AFE respectively. I know these won't let me down, but the MX6 is tempting with power windows/sunroof, cruise, bit more power, etc... I'm just unfamiliar with Mazdas and haven't owned a turbo car... would it be best to avoid it and stick with my NA Toyotas?

Cheers
  Send a private message to this user    
Jorrs
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: Daily Driver - MX6 Turbo compared to Camry/Rolla Tue, 06 September 2005 02:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
turbo = u spending lots money Razz from my experience
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Daily Driver - MX6 Turbo compared to Camry/Rolla Tue, 06 September 2005 02:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Get the camry or rolla, unless you have deep pockets to keep the mazda running.
db__
Regular

August 2004
Re: Daily Driver - MX6 Turbo compared to Camry/Rolla Tue, 06 September 2005 03:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My turbo car has only had issues that are not related to the fact that it's turbo. Maybe i've been lucky?

For a daily though, i wouldn't get a turbo. Can't go wrong with a camry or rolla.

[Updated on: Tue, 06 September 2005 03:22]

GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: Daily Driver - MX6 Turbo compared to Camry/Rolla Wed, 07 September 2005 04:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Having driven all these and owned the AE82 ide go the Roller.

If you like torque steer go the Turbo,

if you like pensioner cars go the Camry.....sorry

IMO the Roller is the most fun to drive and will cost you less to own.

Obviously it depends on the condition of all of them
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
wtf is a jabber? a punch line?
Re: Daily Driver - MX6 Turbo compared to Camry/Rolla Wed, 07 September 2005 05:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
or put a 4age in the ke70!
Major Clod
Regular

August 2003
Re: Daily Driver - MX6 Turbo compared to Camry/Rolla Wed, 07 September 2005 05:40 Go to previous message
KE70 is a no go for conversions, shes had it. Don't really want another Rolla, I barely fit in my KE70 and the same story with my mates AE92, I'm 6'3.

Hopefully I'll only be driving a camry for a few months until I get a chance to finish off my Celica.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:QLD RTA DEFECTS & FINES
Next Topic:crown ute
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 22:19:12 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0060968399047852 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.