Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » Got my car back wooooooohoooo!

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Alchemist
Forums Junkie

January 2003
icon10.gif  Got my car back wooooooohoooo! Wed, 07 September 2005 11:28 Go to next message
Well after 3 weeks, one day and 2 hours I finally picked up my car from the mechanics. Damn Toyota Japan taking their sweet time sending the parts, but I'm so glad they did.

Now with new clutch, dualmass flywheel, T/O Bearing, new pads all around and an oil change she drives like an absolute bullet Very Happy Very Happy Chirping the wheels quite happily in 2nd.

Sooo happy, just had to share Very Happy I'd like to steal Glenn's KW & 1/4 mile record now(if I can, we'll have to see).....hmmmm.....just need to get a helmet from somewhere for the 21st Confused

http://members.iinet.net.au/~warrenh/Supra/supra_scs_1.jpg

[Updated on: Wed, 07 September 2005 11:36]

Send a private message to this user    
biggo
Regular

November 2004
Re: Got my car back wooooooohoooo! Wed, 07 September 2005 11:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I just wanna say you are one lucky bugger......

But then again so am i Laughing
shezza
Regular

March 2005
Re: Got my car back wooooooohoooo! Wed, 07 September 2005 11:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
COngrats man. I know the feeling. Its like a getting a new car feeling. I am getting my car back on the road after I had a little bingle 2 weeks ago, so exited for friday. Also after I changed my BHG (1.5 months) the feeling was awesome (besides the fact I slightly increased the compression Razz)
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Got my car back wooooooohoooo! Wed, 07 September 2005 11:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha you are only now just chirping 2nd?

I was doing that with 245's AND 265's! You're just soft!

You better hope those extractors can overcome the porkyness of the JZA80 Razz Remember how easy it was to pull a car length on you Razz

Alchemist
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: Got my car back wooooooohoooo! Wed, 07 September 2005 12:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hhehehe, bring out the MA61 on the 21st, I think it will be pretty even.....I've only got 235's on the bad, silly wrong tyres, will fix that when I can afford it...

[Updated on: Wed, 07 September 2005 12:17]

BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Got my car back wooooooohoooo! Wed, 07 September 2005 12:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Love to, but its been sold.

I'll let you race against the soarer at WSID when its done. Laughing

[Updated on: Wed, 07 September 2005 12:22]

Alchemist
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: Got my car back wooooooohoooo! Wed, 07 September 2005 12:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You sold it?? Awesome news, I can only imagine the extra cash injections into the Soarer.

I'm never racing that Soarer, well not with my N/A, and even with a TT I'd get my arse kicked. I'd still be getting off the line and you'd be finished Embarassed Only time I want to be near that Soarer on the road is as a passenger.
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Got my car back wooooooohoooo! Wed, 07 September 2005 14:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nathan, dont forget you have me to contend with for the kW title.... and Pete if he shows up again.

The 1/4 mile record will be tough to beat. 14.6 is rather quick for an otherwise stock 2jzge, but best of luck to you Smile

[Updated on: Wed, 07 September 2005 14:48]

finney
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Got my car back wooooooohoooo! Wed, 07 September 2005 15:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nice to hear, dropped in and saw it up on the hoist yesterday. he was saying that it may be ready in the next day or two since toyota found the part again after losing it many times before hahahha. we'll have to meet up for a drive up the old road some stage before i get my suspension
Alchemist
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: Got my car back wooooooohoooo! Thu, 08 September 2005 10:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I know Karl, it all depends on what mods you & pete are preparing for your 1UZ's, by next dyno day that silly pod of mine will be in a box and down inside the front bar near a vent.

If I was being really silly I'd get Glen's emanage and try to lean out my mixtures a little, but I hear you have your eyes on that Cool

I've never dragged my car before so I will probably make an arse of myself, but I'm damn keen to try to wrangle the title from Glenn, no idea if it's possible though...
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Got my car back wooooooohoooo! Thu, 08 September 2005 12:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alchemist wrote on Thu, 08 September 2005 20:42

I know Karl, it all depends on what mods you & pete are preparing for your 1UZ's, by next dyno day that silly pod of mine will be in a box and down inside the front bar near a vent.

If I was being really silly I'd get Glen's emanage and try to lean out my mixtures a little, but I hear you have your eyes on that Cool

I've never dragged my car before so I will probably make an arse of myself, but I'm damn keen to try to wrangle the title from Glenn, no idea if it's possible though...

haha dude, you wont touch pete's 1uz figure without either ecu, 6 throttles or opening the motor!
Alchemist
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: Got my car back wooooooohoooo! Thu, 08 September 2005 12:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Me was thinking Petes 1UZ was stock, oh well, lets hope he doesn't come Surprised
cambelt
Regular

June 2003
Re: Got my car back wooooooohoooo! Fri, 09 September 2005 14:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Did u have 2 purchase a new dual mass flywheel from toyota, i hope not for price sake
D
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Got my car back wooooooohoooo! Sat, 10 September 2005 00:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alchemist wrote on Thu, 08 September 2005 20:34

Me was thinking Petes 1UZ was stock, oh well, lets hope he doesn't come Surprised

Stock plus big exhaust and Delco.
Alchemist
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: Got my car back wooooooohoooo! Sat, 10 September 2005 12:57 Go to previous message
Cambelt, yes I did have to buy a new one from Toyota, yes they are hideously expensive, but my current one(not stock, damn previous owner) was totally screwed.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:can people please stop "no petrol day" post's
Next Topic:Insurance company trying to write off car
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri May 3 14:42:13 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0065710544586182 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.